Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Muhammad Ali's funeral manipulated by imperialists

Rate this topic

Ali's funeral is slated for next Friday. A week after he died. Ali has been considered a devout Muslim and a Sufi too after he left NOI. For sure he knows that you have to be buried next day  and most likely wanted to to be buried the next day   

The imperialist complex probably paid off Ali's family or altered the will to use his death as a media hype-show for several days because buried immediately the next day highly goes against their agenda. It benefits them to let this go on for a few days for several reasons and let's them attempt to humiliate Ali. 

They know it's Muslim custom to bury their dead immediately the next day. Taking his wish as a Muslim to be buried the next day is a tool to humiliate his legacy and have the world see Ali as someone who supports imperialism and goes through the non-Muslim western method of being buried several days after dying so people can watch live on CNN or many puppet celebrities will attend and make this a show. Bill Clinton is already confirmed to speak at the eulogy smh...The mosque should be handling his burial. They're using his death to broadcast for several days hide real news. 

• Veteran Member

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum

An interview was done back in 2014 for The Daily Mail by Mohammad Ali's son.  Today they decide to publish it.  Do you think that newspaper would show him in a good light?  Of course not, that doesn't sell.  Instead, his son revealed all the dirty laundry to the public.  The Sun also joined the smear campaign.

Mohammad Ali was a political, social rights activist, who spoke against the Vietnam War and the racial inequality in America.  The general public will not know he had made trips to Karbala, Beirut, and Tehran.  

More negativity from the CBC, about MA preaching about Islam and nothing about boxing.

Sub7an'Allah the powers that be, they can do as they please, but God is the one who guides.  I believe the death of Mohammad Ali will be a reason for many people to look into Islam and more people will be converting to Deen al Haq after researching why MA choose Islam.  

God is the Most Merciful, MA knew why he had this disease and he paid the price for it in dunya.  I believe he loved Rasoul Allah.  I don't know if he was introduced to Ahul Bayt, but Allah is the Most Knowing Most Wise.

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

Here is what Prof. Assad Abu Khalil, aka the Angry Arab, said about MA

What Muhammad Ali meant to many Arabs and Muslims is something that many Americans won't understand or realize. He was not a mere sports figure, as he was here in the US.  For many people in the Third World, he was the American black hero, not Martin Luther King, who supported the war in Vietnam and who supported Israeli wars and occupation, and who seemed always afraid of the reaction of the White Man.  Martin Luther King was someone who would heap praise on Lyndon Johnson, knowing that Johnson was still referring to blacks as niggers.  Martin Luther King was the ideal hero for the White Man (and I don't mean to denigrate his I have a Potato speech): of what a black hero should be like, while Muhammad Ali was someone who was a hero for the natives everywhere in the world.  He stood up to American racism here at home, and against US imperialist racist wars overseas.  I grew up in a home where Nasser and Muhammad Ali were the greatest heroes.  The era of defeats began in 1967, but also was marked by the defeat of Ali at the hands of Frazer in 1971.  I remember in my school bus: the Muslims supported Muhammad Ali, while Christians supported his opponent, and they still referred to Ali as Casius.  There were clashes over that in my school bus.  Muhammad Ali was challenging and defiant but none threatening, which explains that the way American white audiences were amused by him.  His defeat at the hands of Frazer was not in the same league with the 1967 defeat, but it was in the same line of an era of defeats which was suffered by Arabs, until the Israeli occupiers were humiliatingly kicked out of South Lebanon in 2000, and later humiliated again and more in 2006, and the humiliation of the Israeli occupation army in Gaza in recent years.  Muhammad Ali was also the first Muslim who didn't scare Americans--and Americans are still scared by Muslims. 

PS Man/Woman: those two man were most photogenic.  Not one bad picture for any of them. 

13343119_1918403841719818_51525641893028

Edited by Laayla
  • Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Young Lion said:

Ali's funeral is slated for next Friday. A week after he died. Ali has been considered a devout Muslim and a Sufi too after he left NOI. For sure he knows that you have to be buried next day  and most likely wanted to to be buried the next day   

The imperialist complex probably paid off Ali's family or altered the will to use his death as a media hype-show for several days because buried immediately the next day highly goes against their agenda. It benefits them to let this go on for a few days for several reasons and let's them attempt to humiliate Ali. 

They know it's Muslim custom to bury their dead immediately the next day. Taking his wish as a Muslim to be buried the next day is a tool to humiliate his legacy and have the world see Ali as someone who supports imperialism and goes through the non-Muslim western method of being buried several days after dying so people can watch live on CNN or many puppet celebrities will attend and make this a show. Bill Clinton is already confirmed to speak at the eulogy smh...The mosque should be handling his burial. They're using his death to broadcast for several days hide real news. 

What you said is true but my experience tells me that it is not the only reason, his burial will become the headline of news and while people are busy with his burial, they will do something creepy somewhere away from attentions of people. For instance during the World Cup Israel invaded Gaza, while all cameras and newspapers were focused on Soccer matches. Something might happen

• Forum Administrators
2 hours ago, Young Lion said:

They know it's Muslim custom to bury their dead immediately the next day. 

It's not known if the delay in burial is because of an autopsy or organ donation. More likely, his family members need to make many arrangements to fly to the state where he will be buried. 

1 hour ago, hameedeh said:

It's not known if the delay in burial is because of an autopsy or organ donation. More likely, his family members need to make many arrangements to fly to the state where he will be buried. 

This is the most likely explanation. Its commonplace in UK for pakistani muslims to not be buried for a week because it was their waseeyat to be buried back in their home country. Im guessing the logistics of moving Muhammad Alis body to louisville or wherever he decided to be buried will take a few days

• Veteran Member
4 hours ago, Young Lion said:

38 minutes ago, Young Lion said:

I doubt Ali wanted his body to be flown out to Louisville

You sure do seem to know a lot about what this man wanted and would have done.  

I suppose blaming others (imperialists, whoever they are) is easier than imagining that someone who claimed to be a religious Muslim didn't really care about his burial as much as you think he should have.  Or perhaps he didn't raise his family to be as devout as he was.  Let's just blame the big bad imperialists for every problem in the muslim world.

• Moderators

Delaying the burial because they have to make funeral arrangements and fly over from other places doesn't sit well with me. He didn't die a sudden death, his family knew beforehand and had plenty of time and resources to arrange a funeral.

Agree with coldcow on the rest. His family probably isn't as religious as he was.

• Veteran Member
1 hour ago, David66 said:

Hello,

An interesting story about Muhammad Ali...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/06/04/the-time-muhammad-ali-told-iran-free-jason/

All the Best,

David

LOL you and WaPo had to go and find the one story where you could use Muhammad Ali Clay (a militant Muslim and a Vietnam War contientious objector) for your own stupid agenda.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, David66 said:

Hello,

An interesting story about Muhammad Ali...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/06/04/the-time-muhammad-ali-told-iran-free-jason/

All the Best,

David

:hahaha:

Jason is such a comedian!

Anyways, how about couple of interesting pictures featuring Muhammad Ali?

Praying behind Hezbullah's second-in-command:

image.jpg

Funny little portrait in the background:

image.jpg

With the "mullas" in Tehran:

13332927_10154302111749575_4048328637809

Edited by Shaykh Patience101
  • Moderators

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3625588/The-final-picture-Greatest-fight-Photo-shows-Muhammad-Ali-looking-frail-public-appearance-family-start-battle-55m-fortune.html

Frail Muhammad Ali in last appearance two months before dying of septic shock as his wife, nine children and brother start battle over his $80m fortune
----

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/06/04/muhammad-ali-buried-hometown-louisville/85408482/

A private ceremony for Ali's family will be Thursday in Louisville. A funeral procession through the city, the route passing by his boyhood home, will precede the public ceremony at 2 p.m. ET Friday, Gunnell said at a news conference Saturday afternoon.

Ali, who was Muslim, developed the plans for his funeral years ago, Gunnell said. The interfaith memorial service will include clerics from several religions, he said. Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, a Mormon, is scheduled to speak.

Ali then will be buried in a private ceremony in Louisville.

Edited by Dhulfikar
  • Moderators

In the 60s, he associated himself with the NOI (Nation of Islam) who believed Farid Muhammad was Allah(astaghfirAllah) and believed Elijah Muhammad was a Prophet after Prophet Muhammad(p.b.u.h). NOI is not Islam, it is a different religion all together that uses the name Islam. I heard, but not sure of this, that later in his life, he left the NOI and developed more mainstream muslim beliefs, but may have also followed Sufism (a sect which was strongly and unequivocally condemned by Imams of Ahl Al Bayt(a.s))

I am not here to judge his religion, because only Allah(s.w.a) has the right to do that, but all these facts regarding his funeral, and the fact that Senator Hatch, one of the most Pro-War, Pro-US Imperialism Senators is speaking at his funeral does not surprise me. 

Muhammad Ali suffered many,many blows to the head in his boxing career and thus developed many different types of brain injuries including concussive syndrome.As anyone who had seen him during the last 20 years of his life could obviously see, he was not very together mentally, which left whatever beliefs and stances he had to be heavily manipulated by those around him, most of who had alternate agendas. 

Edited by Abu Hadi
  • Veteran Member
18 hours ago, Abu Hadi said:

In the 60s, he associated himself with the NOI (Nation of Islam) who believed Farid Muhammad was Allah(astaghfirAllah) and believed Elijah Muhammad was a Prophet after Prophet Muhammad(p.b.u.h). NOI is not Islam, it is a different religion all together that uses the name Islam. I heard, but not sure of this, that later in his life, he left the NOI and developed more mainstream muslim beliefs, but may have also followed Sufism (a sect which was strongly and unequivocally condemned by Imams of Ahl Al Bayt(a.s))

I am not here to judge his religion, because only Allah(s.w.a) has the right to do that, but all these facts regarding his funeral, and the fact that Senator Hatch, one of the most Pro-War, Pro-US Imperialism Senators is speaking at his funeral does not surprise me. 

Muhammad Ali suffered many,many blows to the head in his boxing career and thus developed many different types of brain injuries including concussive syndrome.As anyone who had seen him during the last 20 years of his life could obviously see, he was not very together mentally, which left whatever beliefs and stances he had to be heavily manipulated by those around him, most of who had alternate agendas. 

But are we sure that this was how he wanted his funeral to go down?

Also, do we really believe that all Sufis are deviants? For example, someone like Seyyed Hossein Nasr who shares pretty much all his aqaid with our madhab? Or Dr. Hamid Algar who was Sufi until the mid-1990s?

• Advanced Member
5 hours ago, baradar_jackson said:

Also, do we really believe that all Sufis are deviants? For example, someone like Seyyed Hossein Nasr who shares pretty much all his aqaid with our madhab? Or Dr. Hamid Algar who was Sufi until the mid-1990s?

Technically, anyone who isn't on the right path has "deviated" from the truth. But as far as Sufis, they are Muslims and Sunnis. (As I see it).

Edited by The Batman
  • Moderators
12 hours ago, baradar_jackson said:

As you know, there are many different sects of Sufis. I am talking about the ones who go outside the Sharia to practice their 'mysticism'. 

Quote from People.com

" Ali designed the service – part of funeral plans he crafted years before he died. He insisted the prayer service be open to members of all faith and backgrounds, something he believed in strongly as a global representative to the Nation of Islam, which he joined as a young boxer."

This seems fabricated because Ali left Nation of Islam and was a full fledged Muslim. 

http://www.people.com/article/muhammad-ali-muslim-ceremony

• Veteran Member

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum.

The American people only know Mohammad Ali as a famous boxer.  They do not know his politics or what he stood for.

Reality Check - Let’s not whitewash Muhammad Ali’s legacy.

Mehdi Hasan highlights the life of the radical, revolutionary and proud black Muslim American.

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

• 3 weeks later...
  • Veteran Member

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum

What's  wrong brother?  Mohammad Ali is old news now, I think the only popular Muslim man in America who is now within the mercy of Allah.  For decades blacks were treated unjustly and discriminated.  Until his day, they are killed by police officers and are held by suspicion.  But Arabs also contribute to the suffering of blacks, by how they treat them differently compared to white people and using the derogatory name 3bid.

For the past few years we have seen businesses write outside their windows Muslims not welcomed and obvious hate crimes done to our sisters donning Hijab or our brothers who wear obvious Islamic attire.

America is not heading to be great again it is going to fall apart from the inside, Americans fighting each other due to economic class, racial and religious hatred.  

M3 Salalah, FE AMIN Allah 

• 1 month later...
On July 1, 2016 at 4:53 PM, Laayla said:

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum

What's  wrong brother?  Mohammad Ali is old news now, I think the only popular Muslim man in America who is now within the mercy of Allah.  For decades blacks were treated unjustly and discriminated.  Until his day, they are killed by police officers and are held by suspicion.  But Arabs also contribute to the suffering of blacks, by how they treat them differently compared to white people and using the derogatory name 3bid.

For the past few years we have seen businesses write outside their windows Muslims not welcomed and obvious hate crimes done to our sisters donning Hijab or our brothers who wear obvious Islamic attire.

America is not heading to be great again it is going to fall apart from the inside, Americans fighting each other due to economic class, racial and religious hatred.  

M3 Salalah, FE AMIN Allah 

Yeah a lot of Arabs do treat them badly and that's wrong also