Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Is Iran assisting the Houthi government of Yemen?

Rate this topic

I've heard that the Houthis' of Yemen are a branch of Shia called "fivers". They are different from Iranian Shia called "twelvers" as they believe in only the first five imams. I've heard that the Houthis' have good relations with Iran even though they have different Shia beliefs. Is Iran assisting the Houthis'? And also, is their a possibility of war between Saudi Arabia and Iran in Yemen? 

• Advanced Member

:bismillah: 

:salam: 

As far as i know Zaydis accept the first three caliphs and pray like Sunnis. They're very different than mainstream Shi'ites.

Iran and Hezbollah help the Houthis quite alot with probably everything they need in the fighting force of the Houthis. E.g training, logistics, advisors etc...

The possibilty of a war between Iran and the KSA in Yemen is almost 0%, the possibilty of war between Iran and KSA over Yemen is quite possible, after daesh is destroyed Insha'Allah Iraq and Syria would basically have a bunch of militias that are pro Iran & Houthis, government that's pro Iran & Houthis, and about 60% of the popoulation pro Iran & Houthis. Considering that KSA is made up of mostly deserts and has the most incompetent army in the region, it'd definately be quite the temptation to just go in there in millions and take over that region. Would be harder if the US and it's allies decide to intervene, if the Saudis continue on the war in Yemen for so long then Iran and it's allies have a religious obligation to complete.

Hope I helped, correct me if I'm wrong.

Salam.

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Ali Hamieh said:

As far as i know Zaydis accept the first three caliphs and pray like Sunnis. They're very different than mainstream Shi'ites.

Iran and Hezbollah help the Houthis quite alot with probably everything they need in the fighting force of the Houthis. E.g training, logistics, advisors etc...

The possibilty of a war between Iran and the KSA in Yemen is almost 0%, the possibilty of war between Iran and KSA over Yemen is quite possible, after daesh is destroyed Insha'Allah Iraq and Syria would basically have a bunch of militias that are pro Iran & Houthis, government that's pro Iran & Houthis, and about 60% of the popoulation pro Iran & Houthis. Considering that KSA is made up of mostly deserts and has the most incompetent army in the region, it'd definately be quite the temptation to just go in there in millions and take over that region. Would be harder if the US and it's allies decide to intervene, if the Saudis continue on the war in Yemen for so long then Iran and it's allies have a religious obligation to complete.

Salam.

Good description but there are news that shows, Houthis have the power to destroy Saudi Arabia and here I am going to show you why they don't do it.

In Yemen among Sunnis this word was spread that the war of Yemen and KSA is the war between Shias and Sunnis, and to make sure this word will comes in handy KSA has sent takfiris of Taliban to Yemen and they are among people and manipulate their minds, one the reasons of why Houthi don't fight back with their full strength is that in case of attacking KSA, there will be a civil war in Yemen so they are waiting until Yemeni Sunnis ask them to do so, another reason is that, The world is not aware of the truth of Yemen, they think Yemen is invader

Now why Yemen has the power to destroy KSA. Months ago 600,000 Yemenis volunteered for attacking KSA, this number is far bigger than everyone expects. And in the parts of Saudi Arabia which oil wells are located like Qatif, Shias live and in case of any real war the least thing they will do is setting these wells on fire to avenge Sheikh Nimir, besides these Saudi Arabia has only 2 cities, if they are taken Saudi Arabia is taken, and the Saudi princes and princesses are not men and women of war they will flee as fastest as possible, and leave KSA to Yemenis.

Besides these all, the ottomans occupied all Islamic countries during their lordship, except two countries: Yemen and Iran, Saudi Arabia is not even the dust under the nails of Ottomans. :D

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Ali Hamieh said:

Salam.

Good description but there are news that shows, Houthis have the power to destroy Saudi Arabia and here I am going to show you why they don't do it.

In Yemen among Sunnis this word was spread that the war of Yemen and KSA is the war between Shias and Sunnis, and to make sure this word will comes in handy KSA has sent takfiris of Taliban to Yemen and they are among people and manipulate their minds, one the reasons of why Houthi don't fight back with their full strength is that in case of attacking KSA, there will be a civil war in Yemen so they are waiting until Yemeni Sunnis ask them to do so, another reason is that, The world is not aware of the truth of Yemen, they think Yemen is invader

Now why Yemen has the power to destroy KSA. Months ago 600,000 Yemenis volunteered for attacking KSA, this number is far bigger than everyone expects. And in the parts of Saudi Arabia which oil wells are located like Qatif, Shias live and in case of any real war the least thing they will do is setting these wells on fire to avenge Sheikh Nimir, besides these Saudi Arabia has only 2 cities, if they are taken Saudi Arabia is taken, and the Saudi princes and princesses are not men and women of war they will flee as fastest as possible, and leave KSA to Yemenis.

Besides these all, the ottomans occupied all Islamic countries during their lordship, except two countries: Yemen and Iran, Saudi Arabia is not even the dust under the nails of Ottomans. :D

• Advanced Member

Salam

I don't know about Saudi Arabian Soldiers potential, but their weapons, tanks, helicopters,planes,... they are all brand new fancy and shiny. Much more in Quality and Quantity of Iran's Military.

If we ignore Iran's missile, Saudi's Army is much more modern than Iran.

Saudi's  spend lots of money buying war machines from Europe and America

Edited by Mahdi Mortezapour
  • Advanced Member
3 hours ago, Mahdi Mortezapour said:

Salam

I don't know about Saudi Arabian Soldiers potential, but their weapons, tanks, helicopters,planes,... they are all brand new fancy and shiny. Much more in Quality and Quantity of Iran's Military.

I have heard that Iranian missiles is useless against Saudis since they run away and dessert faster than any weapon in existence.

Salam.

• Advanced Member
8 hours ago, Hidaren said:

Can you show me the source for this? Pro resistance groups have a bad habit of spreading wrong news and rumours.

Salam.

• Advanced Member
49 minutes ago, Ali Hamieh said:

I have heard that Iranian missiles is useless against Saudis since they run away and dessert faster than any weapon in existence.

Salam.

و علیکم السلام

Iran's Sejjil Missile Goes out of the atmosphere and goes back to the enemy with the max speed of ‪4.08‬ KM/s.  (Range : 2000 KM)

َAnti Ship Missile of Hormoz 2  : Speed : 4-5 times Speed of sound. Range : 300 KM

who  can escape with this speed!

Army bases, Airplane Bases, Oil and  shipping facilities, Bridges, Factories... can they flee!?

• Advanced Member
6 minutes ago, Mahdi Mortezapour said:

و علیکم السلام

Iran's Sejjil Missile Goes out of the atmosphere and goes back to the enemy with the max speed of ‪4.08‬ KM/s.  (Range : 2000 KM)

َAnti Ship Missile of Hormoz 2  : Speed : 4-5 times Speed of sound. Range : 300 KM

who  can escape with this speed!

Army bases, Airplane Bases, Oil and  shipping facilities, Bridges, Factories... can they flee!?

They've gained alot of experience from fleeing in Yemen, perhaps they've created a new missile specially designed to lift soldiers from the battlefield. That should be faster than any Iranian missile XD.

Salam.

• Advanced Member
53 minutes ago, Ali Hamieh said:

They've gained alot of experience from fleeing in Yemen, perhaps they've created a new missile specially designed to lift soldiers from the battlefield. That should be faster than any Iranian missile XD.

Salam.

Yeah! Hide in a Rat Hole, They are  experienced on that!

• Advanced Member
6 hours ago, Ali Hamieh said:

Can you show me the source for this? Pro resistance groups have a bad habit of spreading wrong news and rumours.

Salam.

Well even if I show you the source it would be useless for you, for it is in Persian and only Persian news agencies cover these news almost no English news agency do this for the lobbying of KSA.

http://tnews.ir/news/69CA39536054.html

http://kayhan.ir/fa/news/45027

http://www.mashreghnews.ir/fa/news/402507/چرا-یمن-به-تجاوز-نظامی‌عربستان-پاسخ-نمی‌دهد

and many other Persian sources, I just made an abstract of them here.

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Hidaren said:

Well even if I show you the source it would be useless for you, for it is in Persian and only Persian news agencies cover these news almost no English news agency do this for the lobbying of KSA.

http://tnews.ir/news/69CA39536054.html

http://kayhan.ir/fa/news/45027

http://www.mashreghnews.ir/fa/news/402507/چرا-یمن-به-تجاوز-نظامی‌عربستان-پاسخ-نمی‌دهد

and many other Persian sources, I just made an abstract of them here.

Seems reliable, hope it's true.

Salam.

• Advanced Member
On 5-6-2016 at 4:42 AM, Mahdi Mortezapour said:

Salam

True, the Saudi Military is way modern as the Iranian.

Altought the Iranian soldiers are trained better as the Saudi one.

The Iranian soldiers got Faith, and thats important.

Yes, Saudi Arabia got a huge and modern Air Force,Army and Navy.

But they can't combat the Houhthis in South-Saudi Arabia. In Najran.

And if the Saudi Military is strong enough to combat Houthis.

Why would they like to get support from the Blackwater and Pakistan.

• On 21 May Houthi rebels killed at least 18 Saudi soldiers in an attack along the border.[314]

On 27 May the Saudi Arabian Interior Ministry announced that 2 soldiers had been killed in a missile attack in the Asir region.[315]

On 6 June Houthi's fired a SCUD missile into SA, targeting the King Khaled air base. SA announced that it had shot down the missile.[316]

On the night of 8 July, an Arab Coalition bombing killed by error over 70 soldiers loyal to president Hadi. Another 200 were injured at the Hadramut province.[317]

On 14 October, A Scud missile attack was launched by Houthis towards a base in Asir Province, Saudi Arabia.[318]

240px-Qaher-1_Missile_lunch.jpg

Qaher-1 lunching towards a Saudi target in Jizan province.

On 22 December, A Qaher-1 missile attack was launched by Houthies towards an Oil company in Jizan, Saudi Arabia.[319][320]

senegal.PNG

• Advanced Member

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2015/05/05/why-senegal-is-sending-troops-to-help-saudi-arabia-in-yemen/

''The international coalition is aiming to protect and secure the holy sites of Islam, Medina and Mecca''

Come on, like the Houthis are going to attack those holy sites.