Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Do Iraqis and Syrian people give up against ISIS?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

SaIam bothers and sisters

I have a question from you

I wonder how fast and easily Iraq and Syria was taken over by ISIS.

Why is that?

They have no airplane,warship, heavy armor like big tanks and so on, but they had most of these countries under the control.

They are no formally trained soldiers, just some ignorants  gathered in one place holding a gun.

How is that possible that two big countries with a bunch of soldiers, troops, Intelligent services, armed forces, police, tanks, airplanes, war experience, militants,etc  easily failed protecting themselves?

I heard rumors  that soldiers and people drop their guns and left their houses in fear of coming ISIS while they outnumbered ISIS men and could have defeated them before entering the city.

Can any one tell me about this?

8 minutes ago, Mahdi Mortezapour said:

Salam brother

Iraq has no army, and no police force. when the illegal war lead by USA and the UK happened the very first thing was that the security services were removed. 

between then and now and successive weak governments, and lack of stability or support, Iraq has slowly slowly been trying to rebuild. 

you cannot expect people living under these conditions to suddenly become fully trained warriors, especially when ISIS struck at the northenmost, least controlled areas of Iraq. its not fair to compare Iraq to say, Iran. If ISIS tried entering Iran, they wouldnt even last one hour before they were utterly annhialated. 

Syria is another issue entirely. 

• Advanced Member
30 minutes ago, Mahdi Mortezapour said:

Why is that?

They have no airplane,warship, heavy armor like big tanks and so on, but they had most of these countries under the control.

They are no formally trained soldiers, just some ignorants  gathered in one place holding a gun.

How is that possible that two big countries with a bunch of soldiers, troops, Intelligent services, armed forces, police, tanks, airplanes, war experience, militants,etc  easily failed protecting themselves?

I heard rumors  that soldiers and people drop their guns and left their houses in fear of coming ISIS while they outnumbered ISIS men and could have defeated them before entering the city.

The answer to your question is a bit complicated. I try to explain the situation as best as I can.

Before ISIS and other takfiri groups invade Syria and Iraq, some photos have been published in Social Media channels like FB,Twitter, and ... they faked pictures and told people these are Asad's doing for instance they took a picture of and injured kid and wrote on it damn you Assad while the original picture related to Gaza during the air attacks of Israel. Or they spread a picture of an army very disciplined  and wrote under it, Joyoushol Islam' army or other names while the original picture related to Iran's army day march. 

Beside these pictures they went and burned some of the mosques and used sprays to write on the wall of the mosques: La ilaha ila Assad (لا اله الا الاسد) or La ilaha ila watan(لا اله الا وطن) and when syrian sunni soldiers witnessed these they had to choose between Allah and Assad, and at the same time terrorrists shouted La ilaha ila alAllah and thus they joined them.

Or during the protests in syria before the invasions occure takfiris had sneaked among people and used carried weapon with themselves and shoot at guards and thus they forced guards to react, or in the nights when helicopters were patrolling on the cities they went to the roof of ordinary people who didn't even protested and shoot at helicopters and helicopters shoot back but they didn't know the plan of takfiris thus people taught helicopters are shooting their houses with no reasons.

At the same time TV channels from Saudi Arabia started to support them and this was the beginning.

After they occupied Syria they began to behead, rape, and committing many other crimes, to instill fear in the hearts of people, they did it and still doing it by cutting heads, burning people, and filming them and sharing them on youtube and takfiri channels and ... and people see them and fear. This way when they attacked Iraq they only sent some people to cities to announce: ISIS is coming and the first thing that came to the minds of people were, beheadings and rappings so they decided to flee instead of resisting. and of course Iraq was very messy before the invasion of Takfiris due to the invasion of USA and the lack of union among the people. 

But a question remains here, how was it possible to gather too many troops to invade these countries? 

It is a fair question.

Long before these invasions before 2012 a text was published in Arabic by Saudi Arabia's wahhabi muftis that, Osama Bin Laden is the promised Mahdi and to help him we need armies with black banners from Khorasan(old Khorasan includes some parts of Iran and Afghanistan) and Neutralized armies from Lebanon, our Arab brothers from Iraq, and Syria . We should gather this army to invade Israel after they destroy Al-Aqsa mosque and Rebuild the temple of Al-Haykal on its remains. But before that we have to destroy the majous Iranians and Shias of other lands then invade Israel. They have prepared the minds of people from years earlier. 

And they started their war as they planned, first to invade Shias of Syria and Iraq to emtpy those lands from Shias, then their target is Iran, and if they succeed, which is impossible the question is will they invade Israel? or better to ask can they invade Israel? the answer is no because the western media has worked on ISIS more than imagination, even if USA use nuclear bomb against ISIS the people pf the world will be happy, so if ISIS and other terrorists do their quest as they are supposed to, and Iran is destroyed, they will decide to invade Israel as they were promised and here is the nuclear bombs of USA that will finish them in less than a week.

And everything will be what Israel pleases. 

• Advanced Member

Hello everyone, it's a question that I had in mind for months after ISIS broke out.

I think, this early takeover must have been shocking and embarrassing to both nations. Normally, you would expect a bunch of brave men and women to stay in defense of their own country and their lands and kick some ass like those in Khoramshahr, Iran (during the reign of Saddam). But in Iraq or Syria, It was different. Early reports showed people screaming and escaping from the threats! More embarrassingly was when i heard some saying that a city called Mosul was handed over to those savages by its own governor.  Shame on him. This is terrible. I mean if only a "stranger" comes to my home by jumping over the wall while holding a gun, at least, I would stand there. I would be there. I wouldn't surrender easily. I would show some guts. They did the opposite in Mosul. As Muslims they should have stayed and fought with the enemy at all costs.

By leaving, they just made the enemy more emboldened to go on. This was sort of giving up i think.

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, Mahdi Mortezapour said:

Why is that?

Wars arent just fought with guns, warships, airplanes,etc.  They are fought with emotions, beliefs, morals etc.

Aside from many fleeing, many joined ISIS, because they felt it was in their better interest.

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, alabegh said:

Hello everyone, it's a question that I had in mind for months after ISIS broke out.

I think, this early takeover must have been shocking and embarrassing to both nations. Normally, you would expect a bunch of brave men and women to stay in defense of their own country and their lands and kick some ass like those in Khoramshahr, Iran (during the reign of Saddam). But in Iraq or Syria, It was different. Early reports showed people screaming and escaping from the threats! More embarrassingly was when i heard some saying that a city called Mosul was handed over to those savages by its own governor.  Shame on him. This is terrible. I mean if only a "stranger" comes to my home by jumping over the wall while holding a gun, at least, I would stand there. I would be there. I wouldn't surrender easily. I would show some guts. They did the opposite in Mosul. As Muslims they should have stayed and fought with the enemy at all costs.

By leaving, they just made the enemy more emboldened to go on. This was sort of giving up i think.

" i heard some saying that a city called Mosul was handed over to those savages by its own governor.  "

This is just it ^.  Many people didnt just flee. Many joined ISIS. I would imagine fear, to some extent played a role, but also, ideologically, there is something about ISIS that has appealed to a number of Sunnis in the region.

Its more than just a handful of barbarians coming out of the mountains with aks.  It is ideologically supported by people of the region.

I  could have a million men in my army, but if 50% of them are not supportive of my leadership, they are as good as cardboard cutouts.

Edited by iCambrian
  • Advanced Member

Dear brother, Answer is simple. In all cases where Alqaeda, ISIS, Boko Haram, Taliban have taken over lands, its entirely and squarely becuase the nation they are going to conquor are Sunnis, the most politocal dumb group of people that inhibit this earth. These Sunnis are given the dose of khilafat, the false rose garden dreams of world dominance by riding a horse and brandishing a sword, the history laced with showing looters and gangsters as warriors and kings, so when any new gang shows up wearing the turbans, these stupid Sunnis welcome them, drop their weapons, and happily become their subjects.

WHat happens next is, this new gang then start abducting their daughters and sisters for their sex slavers, they kids for thier carnal desires, their sons for their fodder army and the cycle continues.

Syria, Iraq and Libya are recent, parts of Afghanistan, Yemen, Sudan, Pakistan were taken over because the sheep dumb Sunnis were taken over by a gang of 200-400 people brandishing the flags written Arabic on it. Ramadi (Iraq) too, the most equipped army of 20,000 Iraqis (mostly Sunnis under a Sunni general) capitulated by 1200 or so ISIS. Karachi (pkistan) when Taliban attacked a navy facility to destroy warplanes, only a few Shia officers resisted while the Sunnis officers fled. 

Now as far as invincibility of these gangsters, these people are like their mother Israel. They can kill and pillage either the weak people or the willing victims like Sunnis but anywhere they meet a resistance by true Muslims (Shia), or even Christians, or Sikhs, or even Hindus, these people run and hide like little rats. By the way this doesn't count the Shia who do not follow marjaia, these Shias are same as Sunnis, oblivious of the politics, self rule, self respect, and hence no resistance.

As far as success stories, look at Shia parts of Iraq, Lebanon, Parachinar (pakistan), etc., whenever they encountered Shia who follow marjaiah' these rats were defeated. In Syria too, when Sunnis were told and witnessed the false promise of their so called khilafa, they fought back. Majority of Syrian army is Sunnis, of course a badly organized incompetent force hence they needed Lebanese and Iranian advisors.

Conclusion: Never underestimate the eternal political stupidity of Sunnis. Salafis and Wahabis make successful use of it.Shia should too by teaching them at least to defend themselves.