Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

One giant Sunni scholar had got 70 Mut'ah wives!!!

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

Salaam Alaukum

Sunni brothers answer me why AbdulMalik ibn AbdulAziz ibn Al-Jurayj had got 70 Mut'ah wives!!!??

Zahabi is a giant Sunni scholar. He says, ibn Al-Jurayj is one of the most reliable Hadith reporters and we have consensus on his reliability, he died in 150 A.H. Zahabi added the most important point about him in which he had gotten 70 Mut'ah wives (temporary marriage).

Mizal al-I'etidal, vol 2, p 659

Mezzi says, when he (ibn Al-Jurayj) was going to die, he had 60 Mut'ah wives, and ordered to his sons not to marry these 60 women, for they are your mothers.

Tahzib Al-Kamal, vol 4, p 544. For more information: Siyarul-A'alaam Al-Nubalaa, vol 6, p.p 331,336

Could some Sunni brothers tell me if it is adultery (Zina)? If it is adultery (Zina), then why there is consensus on his reliability!!! And if it is real marriage, why do you accuse Shia??

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, lasthope said:

Salaam Alaukum

Sunni brothers answer me why AbdulMalik ibn AbdulAziz ibn Al-Jurayj had got 70 Mut'ah wives!!!??

Zahabi is a giant Sunni scholar. He says, ibn Al-Jurayj is one of the most reliable Hadith reporters and we have consensus on his reliability, he died in 150 A.H. Zahabi added the most important point about him in which he had gotten 70 Mut'ah wives (temporary marriage).

Mezzi says, when he (ibn Al-Jurayj) was going to die, he had 60 Mut'ah wives, and ordered to his sons not to marry these 60 women, for they are your mothers.

Tahzib Al-Kamal, vol 4, p 544. For more information: Siyarul-A'alaam Al-Nubalaa, vol 6, p.p 331,336

Could some Sunni brothers tell me if it is adultery (Zina)? If it is adultery (Zina), then why there is consensus on his reliability!!! And if it is real marriage, why do you accuse Shia??

Well here most of the people are Shias :) it was better if you had asked this question from a sunni site and heard their answer, then shared it here for others to get familiar with it.

And besides this, the worse answer possible you might hear from them is he committed a sin, this doesn't mean he had no brain.

Anyway Sunni brothers and sisters, we would be glad to hear your answers.

• Advanced Member
On 6/4/2016 at 11:30 AM, lasthope said:

Salaam Alaukum

I will try to explain. A person who may be doing Mutah or committing other invalid acts as per Sunni beliefs, may still remain a trustworthy narrator as long as he is known to be truthful in his statements. There are Shia narrators, Qadriya, murjia, mutazili narrators in Sihah Sittah, which are deemed reliable and trustworthy and their statements would be accepted as true and authenticated (however it won't necessarily get the same status if one of those narrates khabar wahid in support of his individual beliefs). According to Ahlus Sunnah, if a person practices something which was forbidden however he misunderstood that all while his intentions were good and he did not commit such mistake intentionally, he is expected to be forgiven by Allah for that.

• Advanced Member
11 hours ago, Bukhari8k said:

I will try to explain. A person who may be doing Mutah or committing other invalid acts as per Sunni beliefs, may still remain a trustworthy narrator as long as he is known to be truthful in his statements. There are Shia narrators, Qadriya, murjia, mutazili narrators in Sihah Sittah, which are deemed reliable and trustworthy and their statements would be accepted as true and authenticated (however it won't necessarily get the same status if one of those narrates khabar wahid in support of his individual beliefs). According to Ahlus Sunnah, if a person practices something which was forbidden however he misunderstood that all while his intentions were good and he did not commit such mistake intentionally, he is expected to be forgiven by Allah for that.

okay cool. what would make someone an untrustworthy narrator ?

• Basic Members
18 hours ago, Bukhari8k said:

having consensus on his reliability contradicts to his committing sin. not even one time , not tow times, not three times mistakes, about how many times doing invalid acts we can consider him reliable!? can you believe it! having 70 or even 90 Muta'h still reliable and trustworthy!!?