Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Islam promotes violence?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

@karbalah

Your cousin doesn't know basic history: "They did let him preach for 13 years...., it tells you how much tolerant they were..."  LOL. This doesn't even merit a response, especially when he claimed to spend a "few months" 'researching'. 

It doesn't seem like he's willing to take your points seriously, and instead just retorts with regurgitated misinformation. I won't tell you to give up on him, but with his myopic spectacles on there's no convincing him to the truth. 

[Also, did you ask him to come on SC or did he refuse?]

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, karbalah said:

You answer :(

image.png

image.png

image.png

The Prophet did not simply attack caravans for money it was specifically to reclaim the property the Muslims had lost and later it was because the Quraysh had essentially declared an act of war against the Muslims.

What is wrong in marrying 9 women?

He is viewing right and wrong from a specific cultural lens not a universally morally applicable lens.

• Advanced Member
4 hours ago, karbalah said:

You answer :(

image.png

image.png

image.png

Honestly this seems like a hopeless case to me. He's obviously getting his information from islamophobe websites or from christian anti-islamic websites. Firstly the Prophet(saw) never "killed anyone in the name of God." I don't know where he got that from. What do you do when your state's being attacked? Just sit back and watch while they crush you completely? Prophet Mohammad(saw) never fought an offensive war. He was NEVER the one to start the war. The Quraysh, instead, were the ones who were attacking the Muslims and stealing their property. And as for the 9 wives of the Prophet, he married them all for a reason. If all he wanted was to marry girls(astagferullah) then why did he not marry virgins? Why did he marry women who were divorced? Women who had no protector or supporter? He married women who's husbands had died. And my Prophet never slaughtered Jews. They commited treason and went against the treaty. The only people that were killed were those who were involved in the act of treason. Only the leaders. I honestly don't think he ever had love for Islam & Ahlulbayt in him in the first place, but all you can do is try helping him. In the end he's the one who'll have to answer for himself to Allah.  

Edited by NooralHussain

• Advanced Member

Islam is based on monotheism and the Prophet's mission was in this regard.

The mission of the prophet (as) was possible only through logical arguments, not war and violence. Allah says in the Quran " ادْعُ إِلى‏ سَبیلِ رَبِّکَ بِالْحِکْمَةِ وَ الْمَوْعِظَةِ الْحَسَنَةِ وَ جادِلْهُمْ بِالَّتی‏ هِیَ أَحْسَنُ " which recommends the prophet (as) to Call the people to the Path of his Lord with wisdom and fine admonition.

Even we have a verse in the Quran that emphasizes there is no compulsion in the religion and the only duty of the prophet (as) is delivering a clear message. So the people are free to accept or reject and there is no force and their guidance or aberrance refer to themselves.

Of course in the Islam we have defensive Jihad which means Muslims are allowed to defend of the oppressed and their land and religion. So the Quran says " أُذِنَ لِلَّذِینَ یُقَاتَلُونَ بِأَنَّهُمْ ظُلِمُوا" which means " Permission is given to those who fight because they were wronged ". This clearly shows that if Muslims are oppressed, they can defend of themselves.

Even other verses don't mean that the Quran has permitted to kill the infidels for their beliefs.

• Advanced Member
On 6/3/2016 at 0:50 AM, karbalah said:

Al Salam alikum ,

I wanted to start a debate here , because I need the answers to be helpful and knowledgable ,

I have a cousin whom after 30 years of pious religious beliefs  reverted to atheism .

I debated some of his ranting on his Facebook page then gave up but this person's mother who is a relative called me and cried asking me to please keep talking to him .

in my heart I feel it's a lost cause . But for her I promised to try . I am not very knowledgeable I do not have a strong data base .

I need help so please unlike past posts do not ask me to spit in his face or ignore or leave him be , I want whatever resources readers here have or if they know someone with powerful debate capability to let me know .

here is one of the things I need help with copied from his post since he believe Islam promotes hate and violence :

""This does not contradict my saying .. Quran preaches hate for others ... Especially jews , and that's why Mohammad kicked and killed the Jews some 1400 years ago and that's why you can't tolerate putting the Jewish star next to the cross and the Hilal in your profile picture 
Moslems are killing each other For the same reason imam Ali fought with Aisha ... Absence of common sense and hatred .. Mohammad used to kill people who say Poetry against him as ka2eb ibn al ashraf and Al Nadr bin Al Harth. He killed them because he could no tolerate their poems , so to start with , there is no islamic tolerance , On top of that , Islam promises those who kill infidels that they are going to heavens and F virgins there ... Anger+ Hate + indoctrination + murderous role models+ virgins+ poverty = suicide bombing ..""

He uses ayat about wars as back up and the way on the Jews and Kuraish .

Surah imran 3:113-115

They are not [all] the same; among the People of the Scripture is a community standing [in obedience], reciting the verses of Allah during periods of the night and prostrating [in prayer]. They believe in Allah and the Last Day, and they enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong and hasten to good deeds. And those are among the righteous.And whatever good they do - never will it be removed from them. And Allah is Knowing of the righteous.

The above is proof we don't villanize jews or christians/people of the book.  As here, God directly explains there are righteous people among them Allah will reward in Jannah. 

Also, the prophet Killed the jews after they broke a treaty that costed the muslim army a heavy casualty.  He judged them by one of their own who converted to Islam from Judaism, and they were punished according to their own jewish law for breaking treaties/promises. 

The women were "enslaved" as a mercy becasue back in medieval arabia, when the husbands are gone, what do women have for protection against wandering bandits or men?  Of course they need to be married and put into a household, the islamic servant/bondage system was one such that anyone could ask for freedom for a price that's not excessive, and were encouraged to be freed.  

I'm ready to pull out every verse that counters his point, where the Quran says always prioritize peace in war, and to fight against oppressors and never be the aggressors. 

• Advanced Member
On June 27, 2016 at 4:14 AM, Hazara.Fighter said:

Muslims were given permission to defend themselves around the time of Prophet Muhammad’s migration from Makkah, where he grew up, to the city of Madinah where he spent the rest of his life. This occurred in the 13th year of his 23-year mission. The danger to Muslims in Makkah at this time was extreme and there was a real possibility of their total eradication. They were permitted to fight back in self-defense against those who violently oppressed them. “Permission is given (to fight) those who have taken up arms against you wrongfully. And verily God (Allah) is well able to give you succor. To those who have been driven forth from their homes for no reason than this that say ‘Our Lord is God.” Qur’an goes on to add, “Hath not God repelled some men by others, cloisters and churches and synagogues and mosques, wherein the name of God is ever mentioned, would assuredly have been pulled down.” (Qur’an 22: 39-42)

On another occasion Qur’an says, “Fight in the cause of God those who fight you, but don’t transgress limits; for God loves not the transgressor." The verse goes on to say “And fight them on until there is no more oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in God; but if they cease let there be no hostility except to those who practice oppression."(Qur’an 2: 190-193

Your answeSurah imran 3:113-115

They are not [all] the same; among the People of the Scripture is a community standing [in obedience], reciting the verses of Allah during periods of the night and prostrating [in prayer]. They believe in Allah and the Last Day, and they enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong and hasten to good deeds. And those are among the righteous.And whatever good they do - never will it be removed from them. And Allah is Knowing of the righteous.

The above is proof we don't villanize jews or christians/people of the book.  As here, God directly explains there are righteous people among them Allah will reward in Jannah. 

Also, the prophet Killed the jews after they broke a treaty that costed the muslim army a heavy casualty.  He judged them by one of their own who converted to Islam from Judaism, and they were punished according to their own jewish law for breaking treaties/promises. 

The women were "enslaved" as a mercy becasue back in medieval arabia, when the husbands are gone, what do women have for protection against wandering bandits or men?  Of course they need to be married and put into a household, the islamic servant/bondage system was one such that anyone could ask for freedom for a price that's not excessive, and were encouraged to be freed.  

I'm ready to pull out every verse that counters his point, where the Quran says always prioritize p to fight against

Your answer :

image.png

• Advanced Member
12 hours ago, karbalah said:

I'm ready to pull out every verse that counters his point, where the Quran says always prioritize p to fight against

Your answer :

image.png

Good verses don't negate bad verses?  What is he talking about?  Ask him how the second sentence below doesn't supersede the first verse?  What logic does he follow?

Quran 8:60-8:61

And prepare against them whatever you are able of power and of steeds of war by which you may terrify the enemy of Allah and your enemy and others besides them whom you do not know [but] whom Allah knows. And whatever you spend in the cause of Allah will be fully repaid to you, and you will not be wronged. And if they incline to peace, then incline to it [also] and rely upon Allah . Indeed, it is He who is the Hearing, the Knowing.

Quran 22:39-40

Permission [to fight] has been given to those who are being fought, because they were wronged. And indeed, Allah is competent to give them victory. [They are] those who have been evicted from their homes without right - only because they say, "Our Lord is Allah ." And were it not that Allah checks the people, some by means of others, there would have been demolished monasteries, churches, synagogues, and mosques in which the name of Allah is much mentioned. And Allah will surely support those who support Him. Indeed, Allah is Powerful and Exalted in Might.

The above verses say you only fought when you are fought, because you have been wronged (never be the first to attack or be an aggressor).  

People who have been evicted forcefully from homes because of their faith, are one such people for example.  If God did NOT check on His people by means of others, then there would have been demolished churches, synagogues, temples and mosques where they mention God's name.  Calling those people His people. 

Quran 2:190-193

Fight in the way of Allah those who fight you but do not transgress. Indeed. Allah does not like transgressors. And kill them wherever you overtake them and expel them from wherever they have expelled you, and fitnah is worse than killing. And do not fight them at al-Masjid al- Haram until they fight you there. But if they fight you, then kill them. Such is the recompense of the disbelievers. Fight them until there is no [more] fitnah and [until] worship is [acknowledged to be] for Allah . But if they cease, then there is to be no aggression except against the oppressors.

Quran 4:88-90

What is [the matter] with you [that you are] two groups concerning the hypocrites, while Allah has made them fall back [into error and disbelief] for what they earned. Do you wish to guide those whom Allah has sent astray? And he whom Allah sends astray - never will you find for him a way [of guidance].They wish you would disbelieve as they disbelieved so you would be alike. So do not take from among them allies until they emigrate for the cause of Allah . But if they turn away, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them and take not from among them any ally or helper. Except for those who take refuge with a people between yourselves and whom is a treaty or those who come to you, their hearts strained at [the prospect of] fighting you or fighting their own people. And if Allah had willed, He could have given them power over you, and they would have fought you. So if they remove themselves from you and do not fight you and offer you peace, then Allah has not made for you a cause [for fighting] against them.

Quran 16:125

Invite to the way of your Lord with wisdom and good instruction, and argue with them in a way that is best. Indeed, your Lord is most knowing of who has strayed from His way, and He is most knowing of who is [rightly] guided.

Above, Allah commands us to invite others to Islam PEACEFULLY, not by sword.  

[9:4-6]

Excepted are those with whom you made a treaty among the polytheists and then they have not been deficient toward you in anything or supported anyone against you; so complete for them their treaty until their term [has ended]. Indeed, Allah loves the righteous [who fear Him]. And when the sacred months have passed, then kill the polytheists wherever you find them and capture them and besiege them and sit in wait for them at every place of ambush. But if they should repent, establish prayer, and give zakah, let them [go] on their way. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful. And if any one of the polytheists seeks your protection, then grant him protection so that he may hear the words of Allah . Then deliver him to his place of safety. That is because they are a people who do not know.

[9:13-14] Would you not fight people who violated their treaties, tried to banish the messenger, and they are the ones who started the war in the first place? Are you afraid of them? GOD is the One you are supposed to fear, if you are believers. You shall fight them, for GOD will punish them at your hands, humiliate them, grant you victory over them, and cool the chests of the believers.

This above verse refers to those Jews the Prophet killed by their own laws, when they violated their treaty/broke their promise which caused fatalities, and death among the believers.  The muslims gave them peace, and in exchange they broke their promise. 

This man clearly has not read his Qu'ran from front to back, he's letting those with Shaytaan break his faith.  There's no good or bad verses negating each other, it's simple directive, only strive towards peace and fight when you're oppressed or have been wronged. And be kind to non-Muslims and not tyrannical. As indicated by underlined parts.

Edited by wmehar2

• Advanced Member
On 6/27/2016 at 7:03 PM, karbalah said:

I have an issue with him not adding any references when he sprouts at racks like that ...

my problem I an not knowledgeable in Islamic history..

i would argue with him about the Hajaj but I do not want to be like him I need references . 

Here are some references on Hajjaj:

http://www.inter-islam.org/Pastevents/hajjaj.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Hajjaj_ibn_Yusuf

From the Wiki page:

Points of criticism[edit]

Al-Hajjaj killed two companions (sahaba) of Muhammad, Abd Allah ibn al-Zubayr and the last companion of Muhammad Jabir ibn Abd-Allah. While besieging the city of Mecca, Al-Hajjaj crucified Abd Allah ibn al-Zubayr and said, "No one can take down his body except Asma (daughter of the late caliph Abu Bakr); she must come to me and ask permission of me, and only then will his body be taken down".

He is recorded by Tha'ālibī (Laţ'āif, 142) as one of the four men to have killed more than 100,000 men (the others being Abu Harb, Abu Muslim and Babak).[23] It was mostly due to his numerous campaigns and the many uprisings and revolts against the empire during his reign.

How can he compare a man who only cared for imperial ambition to someone like Imam Ali(AS) who abstained frequently from such desires.

Edited by Enlightened Follower

• Basic Members
On June 3, 2016 at 1:19 AM, Shaikh Hakim said:

Salam

We are against the Wahhabi extremists as well. We strongly condemn their deeds, e. g. suicide attacks.

It is reasonable and wise to fight back your enemies lest you perish. Islam did so.

In the meantime, Islam permits Muslims to maintain good ties with non-enemies:

لَّا يَنْهَاكُمُ اللَّـهُ عَنِ الَّذِينَ لَمْ يُقَاتِلُوكُمْ فِي الدِّينِ وَلَمْ يُخْرِجُوكُم مِّن دِيَارِكُمْ أَن تَبَرُّوهُمْ وَتُقْسِطُوا إِلَيْهِمْ ۚ إِنَّ اللَّـهَ يُحِبُّ الْمُقْسِطِينَ - http://tanzil.net/#60:8

Qarai Translation:
Allah does not forbid you from dealing with kindness and justice with those [polytheists] who did not make war against you on account of religion and did not expel you from your homes. Indeed Allah loves the just.

Yes Shia Islam is oeaceful, some Shia scholars such as Al-Hilli and Sahib Al-Jawahir I'm not sure if they promote peace or violence, but they both believe that war is haram in ghayba.

Edited by ElNoori

• Basic Members
On June 29, 2016 at 9:48 PM, karbalah said:

Your answer :

image.png

According to Sayed Rohani and Al-Fadhil Al-Miqdad Jihad is only after the completion of proof on non-Muslims to the point they would know Islam is the truth. Tell him that.

• Basic Members
On June 2, 2016 at 11:50 PM, karbalah said:

Al Salam alikum ,

I wanted to start a debate here , because I need the answers to be helpful and knowledgable ,

I have a cousin whom after 30 years of pious religious beliefs  reverted to atheism .

I debated some of his ranting on his Facebook page then gave up but this person's mother who is a relative called me and cried asking me to please keep talking to him .

in my heart I feel it's a lost cause . But for her I promised to try . I am not very knowledgeable I do not have a strong data base .

I need help so please unlike past posts do not ask me to spit in his face or ignore or leave him be , I want whatever resources readers here have or if they know someone with powerful debate capability to let me know .

here is one of the things I need help with copied from his post since he believe Islam promotes hate and violence :

""This does not contradict my saying .. Quran preaches hate for others ... Especially jews , and that's why Mohammad kicked and killed the Jews some 1400 years ago and that's why you can't tolerate putting the Jewish star next to the cross and the Hilal in your profile picture 
Moslems are killing each other For the same reason imam Ali fought with Aisha ... Absence of common sense and hatred .. Mohammad used to kill people who say Poetry against him as ka2eb ibn al ashraf and Al Nadr bin Al Harth. He killed them because he could no tolerate their poems , so to start with , there is no islamic tolerance , On top of that , Islam promises those who kill infidels that they are going to heavens and F virgins there ... Anger+ Hate + indoctrination + murderous role models+ virgins+ poverty = suicide bombing ..""

He uses ayat about wars as back up and the way on the Jews and Kuraish .

Lol this guy, in Bihar Al-Nawar Kab Bin Ashraf took out arms against Muhammad, and the poets incited war, of course they deserve death. Also a Madina peaceful verse is Quran 2:190, the Shia muffasireen say it is a Madina verse. 

• Advanced Member

There is no need to understand Allah and His creation through the eyes of others including Ulema, Maulana, priests, Yogis,

Once someone asked Hazrat Ali as,"how to recognize Allah?"

He replied back," Recognize yourself you will recognize Allah."

Though this small answer is of no use to many people but for people who are really in pursuit of knowledge, it ca open the door of vast knowledge. 

Human is made up of 2 things body and soul. Forget about soul right now. We have to understand the beauty of manufacturing of body, its implications and super creativity of Allah. 

Start with heart and its accessories-veins and arteries- Allah created Heart and its accessories to pump the blood from heart to rest of the body. This flow of blood is lifeline of human life. This line transport two major and very important requirement to different parts of body namely oxygen and nourishment. Then after leaving oxygen to different part of body impure bloods comes back to heart which has to be sent to lungs to get the required oxygen to make it pure (oxygenated). 

Ponder over this for a while then think of Allah who had created thousands of such system in your body which are running parallel to your life without disturbing your lifecycle.

Science is very useful tool to understand Islam. 

• Basic Members

Does the capitalist system promote violence? Does poverty and social injustice promote violence? Does non-physical violence promote physical violence? Are the European societies the most violent in the history of humanity or those wars and incidents just an accident? Are the Japanese people naturally violent or is it just historically circumstantial? Are the american people / European colonists violent because violence is useful and needed or is just because the native Americans and black people deserve violence? Are the Zionist Jews naturally violent or is it just because of their historical circumstances? Is the symbolic and real violence in Arab societies a result of particular accidents or is it because they are intrinsically/genetically violent? Do acts of christian societies like the crusades and the holocaust just accidents of and in history or is it something else?

• Basic Members
On June 26, 2016 at 7:11 AM, karbalah said:

Al Salam alikum 

because of the month of Ramadan I have not been very active . But to those who speak Arabic 

ayone saw anything like this attached?

for everyone here he is Depcting Imam Ali similar to al Hajaj that or Imam fought and killed he is using this war as proof that there was injustice done , I am not very well versed in history but anyone with knowledge of that incident maybe can give me some input .

image.png

The incident is recorded in Sunni books, and mostly weak traditions.

• Advanced Member

My personal take on this is I used to try to learn and practice martial arts for self defence, but ended up trying to save myself from fitnas in by dodging and ducking punches etc at the last instance, last minute. The attraction of Islam for me is that of taqua - to protect and preserve oneself from troubles - via a life of faith and practice of the lifestyle rather than trying to be the next Bruce Lee, or Claude van Dame. I am a lot more healthy and safe at present than I ever was before. I live in a big city and appreciate how tough things can get for some people. I personally feel blessed and privelaged to live in relative safety - ma sha Allah. I'm in my 40s too, and I know that statistics are on my side to a degree too, but theres no doubtijng that faith (iman) helps with trusht and security (amana, I think it is).

Edited by Luqman72

• 5 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Salam alikum 

sorry for late replies but life and work been hectic 

but I have a question here is the post from my cousin 

لا فتى الا علي ..... ولا سيف الا ذو الفقار 

شعرٌ قدسي كنت أردده منذ الطفولة دون ان أغوص في فلسفته ..
احيانا كنت اسأل ، ولماذا السيف والقتل ؟؟... 
فيأتي التبرير مباشرة ً من عقلي الملقّن ... القتال كان دفاعاً عن النفس... فكان يريحني هذا الجواب بعض الشيء...

اما الان اسأل..  
يا علي...... لماذا قطعت عنق النضر بن الحارث ... وهو أسير بين يديك يرجو الرحمة ... 
لقد قتل ذو الفقار الفكر والكلمة الحرة

any one know who Hareth Ben nadir is and did he beg for his life an was beheaded  by Imam Ali sa ?? 

Just need some feedback 

• Forum Administrators
19 hours ago, karbalah said:

النضر بن الحارث ...  
any one know who Hareth Ben nadir is and did he beg for his life an was beheaded  by Imam Ali sa ?? 

Google translate shows the Arabic name as Nadr bin al-Harith. Maybe someone knows about him and will reply here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Salam alikum it's in Arabic so strong Arabic speakers please any feed back on Nadir bin Hareth 

here it is :

النضر بن الحارث، قتيل الكلمة الحرة، 

نضر بن الحارث كان رجل مثقف من قريش وكان يحرج محمد في دعوته للناس ويناقشه بفضل اطلاعه على الاساطير وقصص الاقوام الاخرى ... وهو من أفسد على محمد ادعائه للنبوة في الفترة المكية حيث لم يؤمن برسالة محمد في مكة سوى سبعين شخصا طوال ١٤ عاماً من الدعوة ! 

وفي أحدى المناظرات سأل النضر محمد ثلاث اسئلة  ليختبر نبوته، وكان على محمد ان يأتي في اليوم التالي لكي يجيب اسئلة النضر بن الحارث لكنه تأخر لأيام عديدة بحجّة ان احفاده (الحسن والحسين) كان لديهم جرو في البيت وأن الوحي لا يدخل بيت فيه كلب!

الاسىلة كانت :

النضر : كم كان عدد اصحاب الكهف ؟

جاوب محمد بعد أسبوعين بهذا اللاجواب ...: "سيقولون ثلاثة رابعهم كلبهم ويقولون خمسة سادسهم كلبهم رجما بالغيب ويقولون سبعة وثامنهم كلبهم قل ربي أعلم بعدتهم"

النضر: ما هي الروح؟

جاوب محمد بعد أسبوعين بالآية القرانية التي أيضاً لا تحوي على جواب : " ويسألونك عن الروح،  قل الروح من امر ربي وما اوتيتم من العلم الا قليلا"

النضر:  من هو الرجل الطواف الذي يبلغ المشرق والمغرب؟ 

محمد بعد أسبوعين جاوب بهرطقة لا معنى لها ... فوصف الإسكندر بذي القرنين الذي وجد الشمس تغيب في عين ماء !!،   "ويسأَلُونَكَ عن ذي القرنين قل سأتلوا عليكم منه ذكراً، إنَّا  مكنّا له في الارض وآتَيْنَاه من كل شيء سببا، فاتبع سببا، حتى اذا بلغ مغرب الشمس وجدها تغرب في عين حمءة"

وهكذا أصبح النضر بن الحارث الند اللدود لمحمد الذي صار يكن له حقدا كبيرا، واستغل فرصة وقوع النضر  في الاسر في غزوة بدر ، فأمر علي بن ابي طالب  بضرب عنقه. 

#النضر_بن_الحارث

surley we have someone here than can reply my Arabic debating skills are weak :( 

• Unregistered

Refer to My First Post on Page 1.(Concepts).

I am a layman, can't  read what you wrote or determine if its from Shia source or other. Even if its found in shia books, they are a collection of many tradition(which need to be verified). Or answer on any Tradition(s) or its authenticity of chain or contents. I do know that Book of Allah(awj) (Mute Book) and Ahlul Bayt(as)(Walking Talking book). Protect each other, explain each other. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYC3ceyKnK4&list=PLmt1I2i8hf8fdw6v0pXdHPbVjPFaAUGZf

Watch this video to understand in General,  wordings can be manipulated the efforts made to bring down the status of  Amir al-Muminin(Commander of the Faithful), Imam al-Muttaqeen(Leader of the Pious), Hujjah of Allah(awj)(Proof of Allah(awj), Mawla Ali ibn Abi Talib(as).

-If one understand the the meaning of Hujjah, and basic concepts from the Qur'an. 

فَوَجَدَا عَبْدًا مِنْ عِبَادِنَا آتَيْنَاهُ رَحْمَةً مِنْ عِنْدِنَا وَعَلَّمْنَاهُ مِنْ لَدُنَّا عِلْمًا {65}

[Pickthal 18:65] Then found they one of Our slaves, unto whom We had given mercy from Us, and had taught him knowledge from Our presence.

At this point, Khidr (ع) briefly explains his reason for what he did “The Divine will and wisdom are superior to all things, and the unsophisticated intellect of human beings cannot comprehend the finer points of Allah’s (awj) affairs and His will. Thus, human intellects have no authority over His will; rather, His will holds sway over human intellects. So don’t just rely on your reasoning and its superficial understanding, and for now patiently bear whatever I do...”2

https://www.al-islam.org/faith-and-reason-ayatullah-mahdi-hadavi-tehrani/question-43-al-khidrs-actions-quran#f_f85433f0_1

• Forum Administrators

Nadr ibn al-Harith has a biography at wikipedia. Ibn Kathir says the Holy Qur'an verse 8:31 was revealed because of him telling tales to turn the Muslims away from the Prophet SA. He persecuted Muslims and attacked them in the battlefield.    

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nadr_ibn_al-Harith

• Unregistered
32 minutes ago, karbalah said:

Great peace thanks I will post it to his face book 

You don't need to post it on his facebook, information is for you only. You can read at and try to explain it to that person.

See if, he understand this.

"We may say briefly that from the point of view of their purport there is no difference between the rules laid down by Ali regarding human rights and the charter of the United Nations. If any minor difference is observed, apparently it is due to changes which have taken place in the terminology during the course of time, and is not basic or in principle.

There is no chapter in the charter of the U.N. which is not running parallel to the rules laid down by Ali. In fact better and more useful things are found in the instructions given by him.

In my opinion the difference between the two sets of rules is due to the following four reasons:

Firstly the charter of the United Nations was drafted by thousands of intellectuals belonging to almost all the countries of the world whereas the Alavi rules were enunciated by only one person viz. Ali son of Abu Talib.

Secondly Ali arrived in this world fourteen hundred years ago.

Thirdly those who drafted the U.N. charter or in fact collected the requisite material for it indulged in too much extravagant talk and self-praise and boasted that world was indebted to them on this account. On the contrary Ali showed humility before God and was modest before the people. He did not seek greatness or superiority. He always prayed to God and also wished the people that his acts of commissions and omissions might be overlooked.

The fourth reason for the difference which is more important than the three enumerated above is that many nations, out of those which participated in the U.N. Declaration of Human Rights and endorsed it, violated this declaration and started armed conflicts to nullify and destroy it, but wherever Ali placed his foot, and whenever he said anything, or unsheathed his sword, he did so to destroy tyranny and oppression and leveled the ground to march forward on the path of truth and justice. So much so that he met his martyrdom in defence of human rights, although during his lifetime he had already been martyred thousands of times..."

The book, "The Voice of Human Justice", authored by the late Lebanese-Christian author, George Jordac

https://www.al-islam.org/voice-human-justice-sautul-adalatil-insaniyah-george-jordac/un-charter-human-rights