Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Will their be an Islamic Superpower in the future?

Rate this topic

In Christianity, governance and militancy are seen as necessary evils by most mainstream Churches. While in Islam, secularism is not embraced in most Islamic countries. Islam in many nations is seen as more than just a religion but also a politic. That got me wondering.. It is impossible to deny that among the 20 most powerful countries in the world a seemingly endless list are Christian majority countries. Only one Muslim country breaks into the top ten and that nation is Turkey according to (globalfirepower.com). Their are only a few countries with a Muslim majority that have over 100 million people. Both Pakistan and Indonesia have over 150 million Muslims, though Bangladesh may be getting closer every year, it is not yet there. This got me thinking.. Where will the Muslim World be 50 years from now? Will Israel still exist? Will Iran have Nuclear weapons? Will Pakistan have missles capable of hitting any American city? But, perhaps my biggest question was, will Indonesia be an Islamic Superpower? Fifty years from now Indonesia may have over 350 million people. It crossed my mind that Indonesia just may have what it takes to become a nation that can rival America, Russia, and China. By the very nature of Indonesia you can expect great naval improvements to arise. New military technologies will be easier for most nations to obtain. Indonesia doesn't have to many enemies and has many friends. Yes, fifty years from now I think Indonesia will be well on its way to becoming a secular Islamic superpower. What say you?

Edited by 6Roman6Catholic6
  • Veteran Member

There is no way Indonesia would become a muslim superpower nation. Indoensia is still being dictated by other foreign policy, not to mention the corruption at national level, social/economic gap that stricken the population. Turkey? Maybe. But I think Iran would become the powerhouse in the next future. Today, Iran plays a major geopolitical role in ME and have became the regional power in ME as well.

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, baradar_jackson said:

If it were up to me, there would be a federation between Iran, Iraq, and Syria. The combined natural and human resources of these nations would make a very powerful state.

Honnestly I think we must not think about an union between syria and the two other countries you talked . Because syria is to much différent in culture and religion .

• Basic Members

سلام علیکم 

Brother! You have to understand that countries become superpower by idea and thought that both of them are  make by clever leader

Superpower  isn't made by army and population even by economy

You speak about turkey and said it is superpower in Islamic countries but I have question is turkey free in the political!? For example can they speak and act opposite of America and Israel regime!? 

In the other word Superpower meaning is be free in using of tools of power  like nuclear power of Iran in the first seen you think Iran doesn't have power a front of America but by pay attention very good understand that they are only Islamic country that are free in the using of their power

والسلام علي من اتبع الهدی 

• Basic Members

Superpower is one kind of tools that countries need it to be calm and safe 

This great canon is reason for make one country organic in the world but not goal and ideological 

In the other word all of laws and canons of rule like superpower and economist help government to manage the land that it is belong to them 

You can see in the Holy Quran Allen say:

واعدوا لهم ما استطعتم من قوة

Meaning of this verse is you should equip yourself to your country be calm and safe

not equip for superpower 

In the other word Superpower not goal

Edited by Abuhashem
  • Basic Members
1 hour ago, 6Roman6Catholic6 said:

when I say superpower I mean in global reach with government and military. Turkey is not on the same level as USA, Russia, or China. But, fifty years from now I think Indonesia may be on their level. Who knows? A lot can happen in fifty years.

Perfect brother but you have to understand they(population and army even economist) are tools of superpower

for moving to this goal we need ideological and leader for lead people to this  goal

• Veteran Member
10 hours ago, 6Roman6Catholic6 said:

when I say superpower I mean in global reach with government and military. Turkey is not on the same level as USA, Russia, or China. But, fifty years from now I think Indonesia may be on their level. Who knows? A lot can happen in fifty years.

As Indonesian, I can assure u that Indonesia would not become the superpower. The military is more or less dependent on other superpower approval. Although the the special forces are one of the best, but still, it doesnt stand on their own. Even the president cant make their decision independently regarding his country resources (Freeport, etc.)

• Forum Administrators

With globalization, we may have regional "middle powers" instead of one large dominant one, at least in the short term. One nation may not hold the overwhelming market share anymore. Also, the new superpower may not be traditional nation states at all, but transnational entities instead. 

We act like these present countries with present  borders have always existed, and are the sole players. They will change, as they always have.

Edited by magma
  • Veteran Member
20 hours ago, alidu78 said:

Honnestly I think we must not think about an union between syria and the two other countries you talked . Because syria is to much différent in culture and religion .

And Lebanon is -despite detachment- part of Syria. Which further complicates things.

• Forum Administrators
On 1 June 2016 at 4:46 AM, 6Roman6Catholic6 said:

Yes, fifty years from now I think Indonesia will be well on its way to becoming a secular Islamic superpower. What say you?

Have you ever met any Indonesians? I don't think it will happen anytime soon. But what history teaches us is that everyone gets to have a go at being a superpower. 

After all, who would have thought that a cold island, with few natural resources, on the margins of Europe, inhabited by backward savages would become a superpower?

36 minutes ago, yolanda313786 said:

This took place as soon as Obama ended his speech and declared the united states as a 'super power' , The only Power  is God almighty , and those who God delegates power and authority too

hahaha I was just about to post this but you beat me to it ! :grin: , and yes absolutely their is no power but Allah swt , and lol sorry Mr Obama Your 'avengers' failed to 'assemble' , Now you will know next time to not be so arrogant and boastful of your limited power

• Veteran Member
On 5/31/2016 at 11:46 PM, 6Roman6Catholic6 said:

In Christianity, governance and militancy are seen as necessary evils by most mainstream Churches.

Salam 6Roman6Catholic6,

Sad but true. However, Jesus Christ does not command his followers to fight, but rather to love their enemies, which includes blessing them, doing good to them, and praying for them (Matthew 5:43-48; Luke 6:27-37).

Personally, I believe God will hold each Christian accountable for disobeying Jesus Christ's commands to love enemies. Some of the most horrific crimes in the world have been done by Christians who disobey Jesus Christ, such as the holocaust of Jewish people, Gypsies, and other people in Europe and the genocide of Native Americans in the USA. :(

While in Islam, secularism is not embraced in most Islamic countries. Islam in many nations is seen as more than just a religion but also a politic.

True, because Muhammad became the political leader of Arabia, and his successors became political leaders in the growing Muslim Empire.

That got me wondering.. It is impossible to deny that among the 20 most powerful countries in the world a seemingly endless list are Christian majority countries. Only one Muslim country breaks into the top ten and that nation is Turkey according to (globalfirepower.com).

Personally, I don't think that has to do with religion at all. It has to do with advancing technology - advanced methods of war. :(

Their are only a few countries with a Muslim majority that have over 100 million people. Both Pakistan and Indonesia have over 150 million Muslims, though Bangladesh may be getting closer every year, it is not yet there. This got me thinking.. Where will the Muslim World be 50 years from now?

God knows, but having a huge population is not what makes a superpower. What makes a superpower is military strength. Nowadays, military advancements are into drones and weapons of mass destruction - not masses of human soldiers.

Will Israel still exist?

According to God's revelation to the Prophet Zechariah, eventually this will happen - though the Mashiach (who Christians believe is Jesus Christ returning) will save Israel. (I boldened some.)

For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, but the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when He fighteth in the day of battle. - Zechariah 14:2-3

"And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations that came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

And it shall be, that whoso of the families of the earth goeth not up unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, upon them there shall be no rain. " - Zechariah 14:16-17

http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt2314.htm

The above prophecy has not yet been fulfilled, but it will be - in time.

Interestingly, Israel has been destroyed several times, yet God keeps regenerating her. For example, before Jesus came, the Babylonians destroyed Jerusalem and King Solomon's Temple. Cyrus the Great of Persia allowed the Jewish people to return and rebuilt, having the second Temple ready before Jesus Christ came. Around 70 AD, the second Temple was destroyed and the Jewish people were dispersed around the nations yet again. I don't know if this cycle will continue for a 3rd destruction of Israel (I hope not!) but definitely God will bring fulfill Zechariah 14 in His time.

Will Iran have Nuclear weapons?

God knows. Nuclear weapons however are one of satan's toys, in my opinion. :( The USA is not depending on God by depending on nukes. Not cool.

Will Pakistan have missles capable of hitting any American city?

God knows.

But, perhaps my biggest question was, will Indonesia be an Islamic Superpower? Fifty years from now Indonesia may have over 350 million people. It crossed my mind that Indonesia just may have what it takes to become a nation that can rival America, Russia, and China. By the very nature of Indonesia you can expect great naval improvements to arise. New military technologies will be easier for most nations to obtain. Indonesia doesn't have to many enemies and has many friends. Yes, fifty years from now I think Indonesia will be well on its way to becoming a secular Islamic superpower. What say you?

It's possible. God knows. Empires come and go, but when Jesus Christ returns, he will rule.

Peace and God bless you

The Israel of today is the Cancer/plague/venom/Satan of the middle east along with it's demonic husband Saudi Arabia , these are two of the most vilest nations ever to exist and are puppets on strings for the puppeteer which is the Big Satan USA , may God hasten the reappearance of imam e Mahdi (ajf) and Prophet Isa (Jesus) so that they can fill this earth with justice just as it was full of oppression and tyranny

Edited by sharinganMahdi