Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Haji 2003

Shopping List

Rate this topic

I thought it may be useful to post things that may be considered useful for an Islamic lifestyle (excluding the obvious abayas etc).

To give you an idea, here's something that can be very practical. In many households it's considered cleaner/more hygienic (especially where you have carpets) to have shoes removed at the entrance.

This presents a problem for workmen etc. who have big boots and need them as well. So I present you with shoe-covers. Fairly inexpensive

9YR58_AS01.JPG

http://www.diy.com/departments/diall-shoe-covers-pack-of-100/703358_BQ.prd?icamp=recs

Edited by Haji 2003

Salam,

Good call brother. Here's where you could purchase these across the pond.

http://www.amazon.com/Disposable-Polypropylene-Covers-100-Pack-DSC100/dp/B000ICKO88

Once advice, buy the biggest ones, like L, XL or XXL if you could, Even the 5'4 height handyman shows up with those big fat work boots.

in keeping brother Haji's post alive, I present you the tarp.

Summers is around the corner. I'm sure many of us go for long drives across the states etc. and  stop for salat in between. We have found a small size inexpensive tarp to be really handy. All you need to do is put it somewhere in the rest areas built across the interstates or even after taking a dirt road and stopping by in the outback for salat, place a paper towel, use it as is or place your turbah on top of paper towel and you are good to go.

http://www.amazon.com/Stansport-Reinforced-Brown-Rip-Stop-12-Feet/dp/B00O6HI4JW/ref=sr_1_2?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1464608506&sr=1-2&keywords=tarp

1 hour ago, Haji 2003 said:

This presents a problem for workmen etc. who have big boots and need them as well. So I present you with shoe-covers. Fairly inexpensive

Very common in surgical operating rooms and obstetric wards. 

The tarp can double as a temporary floor protector. Keep a few on hand if you don't want to buy boot covers.

Or if you are a cheapskate like me, when you change your shower curtain liner, wash it, hang it to dry, and keep it for a spare tarp for a clean surface or to keep surfaces clean underneath.