Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
yasahebalzaman.313

Girls posting pictures on social media

Rate this topic

On 5/30/2016 at 5:22 AM, Laayla said:

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum Sister Zaman,

The creators of Fassidbook and InstaHaram (IH) knew what they were doing when they put this medium out in public.  It has created a generation of narcissism and a platform to waste hours of time looking and observing other people.  Where the masses will then ignore the real issues that need time and effort.  Like raising a family, speak against injustices around the world, helping the poor and destitute. 

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/292081.php

http://munews.missouri.edu/news-releases/2015/0203-if-facebook-use-causes-envy-depression-could-follow/

I have told friends and family absolutely no pictures of me and my family are allowed on your accounts.  I also do not have either accounts, Alhamd'Allah.

People have self satisfaction when they see a "like" or when people comment like "you're cute" "gorgeous" "beautiful" some need the attention because they don't have love and affection at home or people who should show love and care for them but don't.  So they end up putting themselves in public on FB and IH to gain some sort of gratification.  

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

Excellent points.

However, it works both ways. Brother (or sister?) @yasahebalzaman.313, it won't help you to get sucked into that. If you can find an effective means to discourage them from doing that, then use that means. Telling them it's wrong won't be fruitful. Nowadays even something so simple requires a smart strategy.

On 5/30/2016 at 5:53 AM, baradar_jackson said:

Excellent points.

However, it works both ways. Brother (or sister?) @yasahebalzaman.313, it won't help you to get sucked into that. If you can find an effective means to discourage them from doing that, then use that means. Telling them it's wrong won't be fruitful. Nowadays even something so simple requires a smart strategy.

Yes as for men, they are allowed to post picture if it is for work, not for fun and taking selfies or whatever. All these people tend to seek attention because as sister laayla said they lack affection and self confidence. However it is obvious that any act of haram that you do comes against you and creates a flaw in your personality. Like these people who lack self esteem due to their silly behavior, they are weak. Try to explain them that they will tell you you're crazy, judgmental or their IQ won't just comprehend your statement. But as i noticed also that they don't know that their marjaa forbids it, like sayed khamenei says it is allowed only amongst family and if the act isn't at risk of becoming haram, so they take this conclusion and act freely accordingly.

5 hours ago, yasahebalzaman.313 said:

What really annoys me is that these women who put hijab and posts pictures on facebook and their insta account not to mention the rest of the platforms. Both Sayed sistani and khamenei doesnt allow it. And when i ask them if they're committed they'd be like yes of course... if you mention them the picture issue they start giving all the excuses possible which is even more disappointing. What kills me more is to see them doing the duckface! Do you think imam al mahdi is proud of these women? Shame.

It's not just the girls. Guys are equally guilty, if not more. 

And disallowing something doesn't make much of a difference unless it is backed with convincing arguments. Tarbeyat of a generation is a gradual process and requires a lot of effort. In order to produce convincing arguments, followers of esteemed Scholars need to cut down on holier than thou attitude and put themselves in the shoes of the guilty generation. 

1 hour ago, Abbas. said:

followers of esteemed Scholars need to cut down on holier than thou attitude and put themselves in the shoes of the guilty generation. 

Do they have to walk in them as well? ©@starlight

Edited by Haji 2003

On 5/30/2016 at 9:51 AM, Abbas. said:

It's not just the girls. Guys are equally guilty, if not more. 

And disallowing something doesn't make much of a difference unless it is backed with convincing arguments. Tarbeyat of a generation is a gradual process and requires a lot of effort. In order to produce convincing arguments, followers of esteemed Scholars need to cut down on holier than thou attitude and put themselves in the shoes of the guilty generation. 

It is not enough that our scholars forbid something? Isn't this why we follow leaders? we trust their judgments and their decisions in leading the ummah. That is the principle of one following a marjaa and referring to him beside other aspects. It's not about committing an act of haram it's about seeking attention also, hence this act makes our fellow shias weak and vulnerable. These actions are not for us, they are for the westerners and the non muslims. We are stronger than this.

@The Batman I do what i can of course. When i see something wrong and i see it necessary to act or say something to benefit to other party i don't hesitate. And i'm a sister :)

[Mod Note: The Batman changed his username.] @Sumerian

Edited by Hameedeh
Mod Note and tag.

On 5/30/2016 at 11:05 AM, Haji 2003 said:

Do they have to walk in them as well? ©@starlight

Absolutely!!! I am.....SO glad that the message is....... hmmph.... being reiterated.......all over the forum. 

9 hours ago, yasahebalzaman.313 said:

What really annoys me is that these women who put hijab and posts pictures on facebook and their insta account not to mention the rest of the platforms. Both Sayed sistani and khamenei doesnt allow it. And when i ask them if they're committed they'd be like yes of course... if you mention them the picture issue they start giving all the excuses possible which is even more disappointing. What kills me more is to see them doing the duckface! Do you think imam al mahdi is proud of these women? Shame.

Hahaha omg that duckface!!! I hate it too. So disgusting!! What are they thinking!?? Sadly, they don't even think. They see everybody doing it and they do it too automatically.

These types of things are perfect tricks of shaytan for that make humans experience a wide variety of bad feelings. From envy to doubts about hijab and wanting attention. Hopefully this could stop!

How could I guide a sister under that situation?

I will not say details, but it kills me to see a sister wearing hijab in real life, to post photos of herself on the internet, because "she needs to talk with people because she's stressed, or has fights with her family, so she needs to talk to other people different from her family sometimes"

28 minutes ago, DanielSpain said:

How could I guide a sister under that situation?

I will not say details, but it kills me to see a sister wearing hijab in real life, to post photos of herself on the internet, because "she needs to talk with people because she's stressed, or has fights with her family, so she needs to talk to other people different from her family sometimes"

Salam.

you need to prove her that shes sick or Ignorant, if she knows this isnt what islam recommend for a female, then she must know shes sick. lack of love? Kindnesses? eager to have attractions? attentions?

anyway, a pious man doesnt like such woman. she will marry to a same person as she's, or worse.

Wassalam.

Edited by Haimid

On 5/30/2016 at 1:21 PM, yasahebalzaman.313 said:

Assalamu alaykum dear sister,

I share your concerns, and what is more heartening is that sisters themselves are speaking out against these absurdities. May Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى reward you for your efforts, and increase you in your taqwa.

Wearing a hijab, and then uploading photos on social media defeats the very purpose of hijab.

The onus of stopping this corruption rests on the shoulders of you and your likes, dear sister. We young men stand to face the charge of 'mansplaining' if we do the same.

I guess this trend is the new normal now.

On 5/30/2016 at 3:51 AM, yasahebalzaman.313 said:

What really annoys me is that these women who put hijab and posts pictures on facebook and their insta account not to mention the rest of the platforms. Both Sayed sistani and khamenei doesnt allow it.

Does anyone have the links to these fatwas? I would like to see them. 

Salam,

I agree with you that the amount of muslim women posting pictures of themselves on social media has increased a lot but I dont that in itself is the problem. The problem is the type of photos they're posting and the type of people who have access to viewing their photos right?

So many girls just post pictures of themselves doing poses for no reason and it attracts unnecessary attention and serves no purpose. The muslim women and girls these days really need to understand the importance of not putting up too much online and especially of themselves. Of not showing the public what your up to or showing everyone your beauty.

What you can do is maybe just very kindly advice the girls that you're maybe close to?

Subhan-Allah,

I've been struggling with this situation recently. Since I've become a revert, I've started understanding things I didn't understand before,  I've begun on telling my youngest sister to stop with the duck face and my mother stops me at my place and says not to bully her because it's a phase my other sister went through. I insist that she doesn't have to go through the same thing, but I cannot argue with my mother no matter how much I disagree. 

I can't call my sister sick, that'll cause more problems. My mother gets very sensitive towards my sisters, which is understandable. I could explain in private if someone with the proper knowledge could guide me to help them.

15 minutes ago, Tamy said:

The muslim women and girls these days really need to

The Muslim women and girls these days really need to ....EDUCATED themselves and practicing their Religion. otherwise its better if they just leave their Religion. because they has no idea about whats the mocking of Islam punishments gonna be, Both here and hereafter.

(sorry wait? why women and girls only? why not men and boys also? Lack of reading Our Rules/Beliefs)

Edited by Haimid

1 hour ago, حسين said:

Subhan-Allah,

I've been struggling with this situation recently. Since I've become a revert, I've started understanding things I didn't understand before,  I've begun on telling my youngest sister to stop with the duck face and my mother stops me at my place and says not to bully her because it's a phase my other sister went through. I insist that she doesn't have to go through the same thing, but I cannot argue with my mother no matter how much I disagree. 

I can't call my sister sick, that'll cause more problems. My mother gets very sensitive towards my sisters, which is understandable. I could explain in private if someone with the proper knowledge could guide me to help them.

Assalam.

if they are Christian, Hazrat Maryam s.a is the key( the Holy mother of our holy prophet Isa-Jesus a.s). if they arent Religious or they dont practice it, reminds them what they need to hear, otherwise, let them be, dont force it.

Wish you all the Best, Enshallah.

Wassalam.

8 minutes ago, Haimid said:

Assalam.

if they are Christian, Hazrat Maryam s.a is the key( the Holy mother of our holy prophet Isa-Jesus a.s). if they arent Religious or they dont practice it, reminds them what they need to hear, otherwise, let them be, dont force it.

Wish you all the Best, Enshallah.

Wassalam.

Wa-salam,

We're all Muslims, I was the only one to astray because I decided to stay in the U.K. as a teenager when they all left to go live in Lebanon. My sisters and mother have been through a lot. 

3 hours ago, wolverine said:

Does anyone have the links to these fatwas? I would like to see them. 

The fatwa of Ayatullah Khamenei was paraphrased by the sister:

On 5/30/2016 at 6:34 AM, yasahebalzaman.313 said:

sayed khamenei says it is allowed only amongst family and if the act isn't at risk of becoming haram, so they take this conclusion and act freely accordingly.

Its so sad to see what modern popular culture is doing to our sisters and women in general.

Two students one male and one female post their graduation pictures on social media.

On the guys picture everybody is commenting: You will conquer the world now! Congratulations, PHD next for you! Very proud of you, knew you would do great! Etc.

On the girls picture everybody is commenting: Wow you look so beautiful! OMG, that dress looks sooo good on you. That hairstyle suits you so well. My beauty princess XOXOXOXO. Etc.

Modern popular culture just teaches women to be judged by their looks and that self esteem is only acquired thru the validation of others. It is systematically teaching the women that they are not good looking and that if they want to look good they have to look like these movie stars that we have insistently told everyone that they are the ideal human beings, all you need to do is to dress less, buy the same expensive clothing they have, buy a bunch of make up and then post your pictures to the world and watch how they will validate you, then you can finally feel good about yourself.

If I one day have a daughter, i will IA make sure she gets the validation she needs, to be called a princess and beautiful by me, her father, and teach her that she is more than just her looks and that people will only respect her if she respects herself first. So that she does not let TV tell her what to feel about herself and then crave the validation of the public in order to feel good.

The modern popular culture is a tool of ibliss(la) and the cure is the Ahlul Bayt(as) and their sunnah, whether it is regarding how to raise a daughter, or being a daughter or being a women in general.

What really annoys me are those guys who post pictures of them wearing tank tops - so the whole world can know how their chest, biceps and triceps are inflated like a balloon.

This generation is crazy, both men and women.

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans

It's quite interesting what you can see in such a topic. You see the opposing part, and the agreeing part, the people who will disagree with imam l mahdi when he appears and the people, Inshallah, who will fight next to him. Why am I not surprised of the identity of people who opposed this...  The human behavior is so predictable and easy to analyze nowadays, it makes life so boring sometimes.

I didn't find the fatwas in English unfortunately, but I'm gonna translate some of what is said from Sayed sistani. I hope some of you will find it useful and start abiding by it.

Q: is it allowed for a women to post a picture of her eye online?

A: it is not allowed to put this picture if it meant to grab attention, to stir the other part and to cause corruption, and this applies on the non hijabi as it is mentioned in the answer.

السؤال: هل يجوز ان تضع المراة صورة لعينها في الانترنت، مع العلم بانه هناك الكثير ممن سيري هذه الصورة يعرف هذا المراة؟

الجواب: لا يجوز ان كانت بدون حجاب ولا يجوز اذا كانت مثيرة او موجبة للفساد

Q: is it allowed for a women who doesn't cover her face to put make up?

A: It is obligatory for a women who uses make up to cover her face among society.

السؤال: هل يجوز للمرأة التي لا تستر وجهها وضع المساحيق الطبيعية الخفيفة على الوجه؟

الجواب: عند استخدام مساحيق التجميل لا بدّ من ستر الوجه.

Sayed sistani says, and I quote: The women isn't allowed to post her picture if her intention is to grab attention or suspicion. Where do you find a women that posts her picture and her intention isn't to grab attention and to get likes and comments or to attract men and impress others?

Nevertheless, we all acknowledge that social media created psychological diseases and dependencies, but we still agree to use it in a toxic way to feed our ego. Just like the Side effects of smoking, same example.

A story worth mentioning: A student once was granted the trip in the university along with his friends to visit Sheikh takki Bahjat. When they arrived, ayatollah bahjat greeted everyone except for him, because this student used to drink alcohol. When he returned home, he was devastated and decided to throw all his alcohol beverages, repent and never drink it again. After 40 days or so he insisted on the university management to grant him the visitation one more time.They accepted and he finally visited sheikh bahjat again, when he reached his house he was afraid to enter, suddenly one of his friends called upon him telling him that the sheikh is calling for him, when he entered sheikh bahjat said, The imam(atfs) is so pleased of you! You made him very proud!

Now imagine how this can delight our imam, then how about doing these small sacrifices that will affect us and our destiny, sacrificing these things that we do want but shoudn't do, to educate our nafess and pass through hardships just to please God, the prophet, and ahlulbayt...

Brothers and Sisters, who do you choose to follow, the society that is shaping you up and affecting you in a bad way or your marajii and the true sharia of islam?

I apologize if I'm a bit straightforward, because usually the ones who seek the truth look for a straightforward and factual based events. I'm actually quite sweet in real life.

Edited by yasahebalzaman.313

47 minutes ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

What really annoys me are those guys who post pictures of them wearing tank tops - so the whole world can know how their chest, biceps and triceps are inflated like a balloon.

This generation is crazy, both men and women.

These men are weak, They post pictures every second and every day because they need support and satisfaction from the world to keep going or else they Can't keep going.

3 hours ago, Tamy said:

What you can do is maybe just very kindly advice the girls that you're maybe close to?

السلام عليكم

Yes i do tell them sometimes and i try to advise them. But the thing is if you ask a ''committed'' women why do you post your pictures online she starts defending herself and find excuses.

Whereas if you ask a women who's not muslim or not committed at all, why do you post your pictures online she Honestly tells you to grab attention she's not afraid to lie or be judged, she just doesn't care.

8 minutes ago, yasahebalzaman.313 said:

Now imagine how this can delight our imam, then how about doing these small sacrifices that will affect us and our destiny, sacrificing these things that we do want but shoudn't do, to educate our nafess and pass through hardships just to please God, the prophet, and ahlulbayt...

Reading this from a revert sister, is a surprise to be honest, Mashallah.

By the way, do you have any source for the story you said Please?:-)

Edited by Haimid

On 2/27/2018 at 5:34 AM, yasahebalzaman.313 said:

A story worth mentioning: A student once was granted the trip in the university along with his friends to visit Sheikh takki Bahjat. When they arrived, ayatollah bahjat greeted everyone except for him, because this student used to drink alcohol. When he returned home, he was devastated and decided to throw all his alcohol beverages, repent and never drink it again. After 40 days or so he insisted on the university management to grant him the visitation one more time.They accepted and he finally visited sheikh bahjat again, when he reached his house he was afraid to enter, suddenly one of his friends called upon him telling him that the sheikh is calling for him, when he entered sheikh bahjat said, The imam(atfs) is so pleased of you! You made him very proud!

Assalam.

Appreciate it if someone can help me with the Source of the Ayatullah Bahjat r.a story that our sister shared with us.