Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Caliguy

Do you think Iranian dramas or movies are halaal?

Rate this topic

Asalamalekum,

Before i used to think that iranian dramas or movies would be under islamic guidelines. But after watching few of them, i notice they are not really following religious guidelines, for example, womans in the dramas and movies apply to much make up which is prohibted by marajas. I know it is entertainment media, and that is a norm. But after all it is being made in a iran and not pakistan. I am actually surprised they don't make dramas and movies with all male cast. If we can have segregation based on gender in majalis, schools, why not in entertainment if they are not going to make something under islamic guidelines?

2 hours ago, Caliguy said:

Asalamalekum,

Before i used to think that iranian dramas or movies would be under islamic guidelines. But after watching few of them, i notice they are not really following religious guidelines, for example, womans in the dramas and movies apply to much make up which is prohibted by marajas. I know it is entertainment media, and that is a norm. But after all it is being made in a iran and not pakistan. I am actually surprised they don't make dramas and movies with all male cast. If we can have segregation based on gender in majalis, schools, why not in entertainment if they are not going to make something under islamic guidelines?

True that. 

If we examine Iranian serials and other series then it's good to see they (Iranian cast) are in full hijab, opposite gender don't shake hands or other kinda vulgar stuff. But at the same time, as you said, women apply too much makeups, no serial is completed without love story, almost every program has some kind of quarrel/fights among them, Which are not our type of thing. The only thing they shoot under Islamic guidlines under the watch of ulamas are Islamic Movies. 

I believe some of the females on those films have too much make-up. Other than that they are much better than the films and dramas in the Arab world which have recently been going down the path of Turkish dramas, with little hijab, too much romance, dancing, music etc...

Some of these channels are Saudi Drama channels, which is funny.

I find some of the mild suggestions (halal coz between "married couple") quite dangerous. They play on the human imagination, and if watched without the caution necessary when watching products of the film industry, they can cause as much damage as films which portray open lewdness and leave nothing to the imagination. 

1 hour ago, The Batman said:

I believe some of the females on those films have too much make-up. Other than that they are much better than the films and dramas in the Arab world which have recently been going down the path of Turkish dramas, with little hijab, too much romance, dancing, music etc...

Actually in this topic we are going to compare Iranian movies with Islamic guidelines  not to other countries Movies

7 hours ago, Lover of Ahlulbait (ams) said:

True that. 

If we examine Iranian serials and other series then it's good to see they (Iranian cast) are in full hijab, opposite gender don't shake hands or other kinda vulgar stuff. But at the same time, as you said, women apply too much makeups, no serial is completed without love story, almost every program has some kind of quarrel/fights among them, Which are not our type of thing. The only thing they shoot under Islamic guidlines under the watch of ulamas are Islamic Movies. 

i didn't knew they shoot the movie under the watch of the ulemas, the only thing which puts me off is that, i am not trying to view the other gender with lust. But it is hard if they are beautifying themselves.

7 hours ago, Chaotic Muslem said:

i'd say that women who usually appear on movies are not very keen on hijab in reality, they have to put it on because that's the rule in iran.

other than that, no vulgarity in there movies at all.

you are spot on, but even if some of them do want to follow the religious guidelines. I think there profession won't allow them. Just because it is iran, doesn't mean everybody is god fearing. 

5 hours ago, The Batman said:

you are right brother, if one compares them to turkish, leabonese media. Iranian dramas and movies are much more modest and islamic than the ones from other muslim countries.

Iran has something called a vezarate-Irshad that is responsible for giving licenses for movies. They stop some movies, and get their share of push back too. If they feel like an actor/actress is inappropriate for whatever reason, they stop them from appearing on set. But they are not infallible. This goes for the music industry as well. Just because it was made in Iran, does not mean it's automatically halaal. 

That's why you have a Marja to determine what crosses the line or not--regardless of where. If the movie has haraam implications for you, then don't watch it. Simple as that. 

The problem exist, no doubt about that. We talk about it as Iranian religious people as well. It is even worse in Iranian cinema. The problem is rooted, I think, in the generation of artists raised in the years prior to the Islamic Revolution. Before the revolution, religious people refrained from engaging in artistic activities, which were mostly perverted in some way. 

After the Revolution the previous artists were left in charge, but were given boundaries in which they had to work and create art. They even held their position in Art Schools. So the process of bending toward Islamic values was much slower in the field of media and art. 

Nowadays, however, a new generation of artists is gradually raised which is more committed to these values. Little by little, they are gaining ground and going for big positions in this field. Maybe in not to far a future we'll see great Islamic movies coming out with more and more of Islamic values provided and followed in them. After all, it is as they say, "Revolution is not an incident, it is a progress." (My words!)

P.S. A good example of the new generation are the creators of the movie I introduced a few days back:

http://www.princessofromemovie.com/?lang=en

16 hours ago, Sumayyeh said:

Iran has something called a vezarate-Irshad that is responsible for giving licenses for movies. They stop some movies, and get their share of push back too. If they feel like an actor/actress is inappropriate for whatever reason, they stop them from appearing on set. But they are not infallible. This goes for the music industry as well. Just because it was made in Iran, does not mean it's automatically halaal. 

That's why you have a Marja to determine what crosses the line or not--regardless of where. If the movie has haraam implications for you, then don't watch it. Simple as that. 

sister, 

is it just the movies that the ministry look after or the dramas also. I used to watch bollywood and pakistani movies and dramas, which are way over the red line.