Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Was Imam Al Mahdi Half Roman/Greek?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

" Imam Muhammad Abul Qasim (al Mahdi) (as) , the last in the line of the Twelve Ithna Ashari Imams was born on 15th Shaban 255 Hijri in Samarra, Iraq. His father was the Eleventh Imam Hasan al-Askari (as) and his mother was Nargis Khatoon, granddaughter of the Emperor of Rum. "

Source: https://www.al-islam.org/story-of-the-holy-kaaba-and-its-people-shabbar/twelfth-imam-muhammad-ibn-al-hasan-al-mahdi

wsalam , possibly and in various narrations she has been described as roman or sometimes as north African , only Allah swt knows truly but it doesn't really matter what ethnicity his mother was because we love her and we love him (ajf) regardless :) 

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Enlightened Follower said:

" Imam Muhammad Abul Qasim (al Mahdi) (as) , the last in the line of the Twelve Ithna Ashari Imams was born on 15th Shaban 255 Hijri in Samarra, Iraq. His father was the Eleventh Imam Hasan al-Askari (as) and his mother was Nargis Khatoon, granddaughter of the Emperor of Rum. "

Source: https://www.al-islam.org/story-of-the-holy-kaaba-and-its-people-shabbar/twelfth-imam-muhammad-ibn-al-hasan-al-mahdi

Salam. read this article: http://www.revisitingthesalaf.org/2015/05/imam-al-mahdi-ajf-part-vii.html

• Advanced Member

Answers are clear here. Yes, his mother was a descendant of St. Simon, (Sham'un).

But to get a good grasp on the whole story, I suggest everyone to watch this admirable, adorable, animated movie, if you could find it. (I watched in Farsi, and it was great!)

http://www.princessofromemovie.com/?lang=en

asa,

the fact of her being ruman is possible but the riawayah of bishr has many weakness, and the chain is not very strong.

she was if ruman a slave girl who ansectors were ruman, and not a princess or a Nubian slave girl.

either way 5 grandmothers were black for sure, 1 was Persian, and 5 were arab so imam as has the best physical features of all races, and they are nur anyway so it really doesn't matter.

the hadith of bishr is mashur and our mentor ayatullah khoy said in some instances it was acceptable to take the mashur hadith as hujjah.

allammah majalis and shaykh saduq belived her to be ruman, shaykh kulayni belived her to be Nubian.

14 hours ago, Qa'im said:

There is a hadith in Nu`mani's Kitab al-Ghayba and Saduq's Kamal ad-Deen from Imam al-Baqir [a] which says that the Mahdi would have a black mother

are the hadith true that later Imams (After Imam Redha (as) I think? Im not sure) all had black features because Imam Redhas Wife or mother or something was an african cook?

1 hour ago, DigitalUmmah said:

are the hadith true that later Imams (After Imam Redha (as) I think? Im not sure) all had black features because Imam Redhas Wife or mother or something was an african cook?

Some shia's in our communities would not be able to bear the thought of the imam a.s being anything other than the make-up filled , arabo-persian deceptive drawings of our imams a.s we see pasted on the walls of some mosques.

God forbid to some, if the Imam a.s would be a man who is non-arab, and potentially looking more african.

This is aimed generally (not at you brother).

Edited by Tawheed313
5 minutes ago, Tawheed313 said:

This is aimed generally (not at you brother).

wouldnt bother me if the awaited Imam (atfs) was white, black, yellow, brown or purple. i do find it funny how people think that they looked like the paintings...with the iranian style short trimmed beards lol. 

5 minutes ago, DigitalUmmah said:

wouldnt bother me if the awaited Imam (atfs) was white, black, yellow, brown or purple. i do find it funny how people think that they looked like the paintings...with the iranian style short trimmed beards lol. 

Indeed brother.

Those deceptive images, which have no semblance to any reliable depictions are an evil, and must be condemned and stopped at all reasonable costs.

5 minutes ago, Tawheed313 said:

Indeed brother.

Those deceptive images, which have no semblance to any reliable depictions are an evil, and must be condemned and stopped at all reasonable costs.

I dont think condemnation will make any difference, apparently all our Imams were Iranian lol. its not part of desi culture though, we dont make pictures of Masumeen (as) especially not their faces so Im just going to stay out of this 

42 minutes ago, DigitalUmmah said:

I dont think condemnation will make any difference, apparently all our Imams were Iranian lol. its not part of desi culture though, we dont make pictures of Masumeen (as) especially not their faces so Im just going to stay out of this 

It's the Iraqi's who also do it brother. Not just the Irani's. 

• Forum Administrators
8 hours ago, DigitalUmmah said:

Every Imam after as-Sadiq had African mothers, with the possible exception of the 12th Imam.

al-Jawad's mother and al-Askari's mother were black Nubians. The rest were probably West African Berbers, and their complexion ranges from light to dark - think of modern day Moroccans, Algerians, and Mauritanians.

Furthermore, Prophet Ismail's mother and wife were Egyptian.

On 28/05/2016 at 7:22 PM, Qa'im said:

Every Imam after as-Sadiq had African mothers, with the possible exception of the 12th Imam.

al-Jawad's mother and al-Askari's mother were black Nubians. The rest were probably West African Berbers, and their complexion ranges from light to dark - think of modern day Moroccans, Algerians, and Mauritanians.

Furthermore, Prophet Ismail's mother and wife were Egyptian.

JazakAllah. Really gonna mess the racist anti-black shias entire worlds up when he returns lol