gentleman.

How to know a Foolish

Rate this topic

Salam

In the view of Ahlulbayt, Ignorance is the main problems of the people.

Look:

أَعْظَمُ‏ الْمَصَائِبِ‏ الْجَهْلُ‏

Ignorance is the greatest catastrophe.

لَا مُصِيبَةَ أَشَدُّ مِنْ جَهْلٍ

There is no catastrophe greater than ignorance.

لَا فَقْرَ كَالْجَهْلِ

There is no poverty like ignorance.

لَا غِنَى لِجَاهِلٍ

There is no richness for an ignorant.

Imam Ali (a.s):

" كَفَى بِالْمَرْءِ جَهْلًا أَنْ يُنْكِرَ عَلَى النَّاسِ بِمَا يَأْتِي مِثْلَهُ"

To prove the Ignorance of a human, it's enough that he blames the people of what he does.

Qorar Al Hikam, P 522

Regards

Edited by gentleman.

23 minutes ago, starlight said:

How does one define ignorance?

In holy Quran and also in our narrations, wisdom is known against the ignorance.

فَبَشِّرْ عِبَادِ(17)

الَّذِينَ يَسْتَمِعُونَ الْقَوْلَ فَيَتَّبِعُونَ أَحْسَنَهُ  أُوْلَئكَ الَّذِينَ هَدَئهُمُ اللَّهُ  وَ أُوْلَئكَ هُمْ أُوْلُواْ الْأَلْبَابِ (18)

For them there are glad tidings (17) Who hear advice and follow the best thereof. Such are those whom Allah guides, and such are men of understanding (18)

Zomar, Verses 17 and 18

The first part of Al Kafi, is dedicated to this important matter.

46 minutes ago, starlight said:

How does one define ignorance?

Bismillah.

Salaam.

There are definitions for ignorance; according to some Mufassīrīn "Jahl" or ignorance is used more to indicates foolishness and being reckless in regard with truth. For example Allah (s.w.t.) says in the Qur'an: prophet Yūsuf said:

قالَ رَبِّ السِّجْنُ أَحَبُّ إِلَيَّ مِمَّا يَدْعُونَني‏ إِلَيْهِ وَ إِلاَّ تَصْرِفْ عَنِّي كَيْدَهُنَّ أَصْبُ‏ إِلَيْهِنَّ وَ أَكُنْ مِنَ الْجاهِلين‏

"He said," My Lord! The prison is dearer to me than to what they invite me. If You do not turn away their schemes from me, then I will incline towards them and become one of the senseless." (12:33)

Ignorance in this verse means paying attention and inclining to those women.

This term (Jahl) is also used in the Qur'an to mean: "lack of knowledge"; the Qur'an says:

لِلْفُقَراءِ الَّذينَ أُحْصِرُوا في‏ سَبيلِ اللَّهِ لا يَسْتَطيعُونَ ضَرْباً فِي الْأَرْضِ يَحْسَبُهُمُ‏ الْجاهِلُ أَغْنِياءَ مِنَ التَّعَفُّفِ تَعْرِفُهُمْ بِسيماهُمْ لا يَسْئَلُونَ النَّاسَ إِلْحافاً وَ ما تُنْفِقُوا مِنْ خَيْرٍ فَإِنَّ اللَّهَ بِهِ عَليم‏

"(Alms are) for the poor who are confined in the Way of Allah they cannot go about in the land;" the ignorant man thinks them to be rich on account of (their) abstaining (from begging) you can recognize them by their mark they do not beg from men importunately And whatever good thing you spend, sure Allah knows it." (2:273)

With Duas.

Narsis.