Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Caliguy

Is watching TV and films allowed by Marajas?

Rate this topic

Salam,

is there any maraja who says it is not permissible to watch dramas or movies. 

I am talking about iranian dramas and movies where womans are in hijab?

music isn't my problem, beside some types of music are halaal. You are right they are not completely halaal. The womans are in hijab, but mostly they have applied a lot of make up and don't wear chador or abaya and just regular clothings. But what i do is that, i avoid those scenes where there are females in it by looking below and on the sides of the screen. That way i am not staring at their faces.

Edited by Caliguy

Salam

According to Ayatollah Sistani:

Q: What is the rule in prohibition for watching movies and dramas showing on TV or cinema?

A: Watching vulgar or illusory films which lead to sin and villainy, is not permissible at all, and in other kinds, watching with lust or fear of falling into haram (illegal) also is not permissible. Also for a woman to watch a naked man more than a normal time, and for a man to watch a woman, which is not usual between uncovered women, more than a normal time, even without any lust, is not permissible.

So if a film or drama, doesn't have these criteria, it has no problem to watch.

Regards

from what i heard most of the maraja gives permission to watch dramas or movies if the religious guidelines are met. But i was just trying to find out if there are any maraja who doesn't allow watching films and dramas. I think some say it is better to avoid, or take ihtiyat mustahab or ihtiyat wajib. Which does not make watching films and dramas haram!

14 minutes ago, Caliguy said:

But i was just trying to find out if there are any maraja who doesn't allow watching films and dramas

As far as I searched, all Marja's have the same fatwa's in this regard and no one prohibited pure watching films or drama.

thanks, what actually got me confused is that some maraja says if a woman has applied make up or she has any zinat on her face than it is not allowed to look at her face. 

But ayatollah sistani has very simple rulings regarding looking at non mahram.