Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Enlightened Follower

Why are there so many Anti-Islam trolls online?

Rate this topic

14 minutes ago, Enlightened Follower said:

Recently, I have encountered many Islamophobes online even in positive Islamic lectures that are meant to be for Muslims.

Because they are cowards, hiding a screen to attack something that they don't understand because they feel threaten by a religion that is peaceful and it doesn't help that the media constantly bombards this image that Islamic extremists are somehow mainstream. Plus, people are afraid of instability, so the media exploits this fear by creating an false association between political instability and violence with Islam.  The quote below explains exactly how the modern media works:

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.” ~ Joseph Goebbels

That alone is the reason why Fox News reports a biased view on Islam and the reason why the Bushes were able to justify their actions in the Gulf and the War on Terror. I am not saying there is a war between the US and Islam, not at all. I am just merely showing the principles and intentions behind the misleading stories about Islam and Muslims on the media.  I do not condone or approve of the likes of Goebbels, but it is very much same concept as he described, bro Enlightened.

12 minutes ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

Because they are cowards, hiding a screen to attack something that they don't understand because they feel threaten by a religion that is peaceful and it doesn't help that the media constantly bombards this image that Islamic extremists are somehow mainstream. Plus, people are afraid of instability, so the media exploits this fear by creating an false association between political instability and violence with Islam.  The quote below explains exactly how the modern media works:

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.” ~ Joseph Goebbels

That alone is the reason why Fox News reports a biased view on Islam and the reason why the Bushes were able to justify their actions in the Gulf and the War on Terror. I am not saying there is a war between the US and Islam, not at all. I am just merely showing the principles and intentions behind the misleading stories about Islam and Muslims on the media.  I do not condone or approve of the likes of Goebbels, but it is very much same concept as he described, bro Enlightened.

You are true.

I guess I have been using social media too much recently so I don't know how to respond to the negativity.

5 minutes ago, Enlightened Follower said:

You are true.

I guess I have been using social media too much recently so I don't know how to respond to the negativity.

Usually, you don't respond to the negativity but I suppose getting rid of a few anti-Islamic channels won't hurt. It bothers me too but remember to hold on to forgiveness and enjoin the good and turn away from the ignorant. (7:199) 

5 minutes ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

Usually, you don't respond to the negativity but I suppose getting rid of a few anti-Islamic channels won't hurt. It bothers me too but remember to hold on to forgiveness and enjoin the good and turn away from the ignorant. (7:199) 

Thank you for your kind words brother.

You can say whatever you want -things you cannot usually say in person to people- online virtually anonymously 

"The psychologists call it "deindividuation". It's what happens when social norms are withdrawn because identities are concealed...The combination of a faceless crowd and personal anonymity provoked individuals into breaking rules that under "normal" circumstances they would not have considered.

Deindividuation is what happens when we get behind the wheel of a car and feel moved to scream abuse at the woman in front who is slow in turning right. It is what motivates a responsible father in a football crowd to yell crude sexual hatred at the opposition or the referee. Digital media allow almost unlimited opportunity for willful deindividuation. They almost require it. The implications of those liberties, of the ubiquity of anonymity and the language of the crowd, are only beginning to be felt."

theguardian.com