Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
ShiaMan14

Question to Sunni Brothers

Rate this topic

So we have several Sunnis on ShiaChat and I think it is a great thing.

Some of the Sunnis ask great, thought-provoking questions; others not so much but as Shias, we welcome all.

We get asked some really dumb questions and some very smart questions.

This may have been asked before but can any Sunni reading this answer this simple question - What have you done to stop the terrorism that is being spread in the name of Sunni Islam? What specifically in the Sunni doctrine creates terrorists?

36 minutes ago, shiaman14 said:

This may have been asked before but can any Sunni reading this answer this simple question - What have you done to stop the terrorism that is being spread in the name of Sunni Islam?

Absolutely nothing.

There are only 2 possible answers to that question.

1. They didn't have a problem with it.
    1. The agreed with the nonsense Saudi was pumping out and as such have allowed the monster to grow into its current form. As a result the blame rests with them and ultimately they are part of the problem not part of the solution.
  2. They were too lazy to get up and stop it.
    1. Again, they are to blame for the current situation.

the sunni in pakistan refer to the taleban as "mujahids" and any sort of government lead crackdown on these droppings from the arse of satan are immediately met by widespread sunni outrage and protest. 

stop terrorism? terrorism cannot EXIST without sunni

The main issue is some sunnis don't realize that Daesh/al nusra/fsa/Taliban/muslim brotherhood etc , are not prophecised mujahideen groups who are going to restore islam rather they are the creation of Zionists and sunni extremists who hate shia and love drinking shia blood , and in regards to the taliban in pakistan you have people called pakhtuns and these pakhtuns believe that they are the greatest clan of people ever to exist and they also have absurd and false beliefs that they are destined to restore islam when in reality their clans are the furthest away from Islam especially in regards to their sexual perversions which i'm not going to elaborate in detail , anyway a lot of sunnis have condemned ISIS but a lot haven't either and the ones who haven't usually are terrorist sympathizers

From what I've seen, most sunnis, and I'm not talking about the wahabi ones. Most of them think what ever Saudi does is infallible, even though they don't say infallible, but according to them, Saudi is free of criticism. 

I think that is one reason, sunnis do not take action against terrorism and are actually victims of becoming one. Just as, I'm not sure who said this, maybe Nakshawani that "it's just one Friday khutba away". Correct me if I'm wrong. 

This thread has been up for 8 hours and no Sunni reply.

Even the ones that silently monitor our forum probably know everything we've listed is true.

I doubt a Sunni will post an answer to your question. To be honest we don't need them to come here and validate what we already know.

8 hours ago, shiaman14 said:

So we have several Sunnis on ShiaChat and I think it is a great thing.

Some of the Sunnis ask great, thought-provoking questions; others not so much but as Shias, we welcome all.

We get asked some really dumb questions and some very smart questions.

This may have been asked before but can any Sunni reading this answer this simple question - What have you done to stop the terrorism that is being spread in the name of Sunni Islam? What specifically in the Sunni doctrine creates terrorists?

Our religion is a religion of rahmat and peace. Allah SWT himself said in the Quran that the Prophet PBUH was sent as a "Rahmat" to the world. If anybody were to enter Islam with this core fundamental in mind, they would never resort to or approve of terrorism. It is not specifically something in the Sunni doctrine that creates terrorists, but rather something that is lacking in the people, which is the understanding of the Sunnah and Message of our beloved Prophet Muhammad PBUH. Terrorists could most of the time be in fact just troubled individuals/groups that take which ever way they want in analyzing and using Islam. So to ask what is it in "Sunni Doctrine" that creates terrorists, is a flawed question as really it should be, what is it in "the people", that allows them to become terrorists or create terrorists in the name of Islam.

Allah SWT says that he guides many, and also misguides many, through the Quran. Do you then say it is the "Quran" that creates terrorists. No, of course it is not, yet it is the misinterpretation and misuse of it that does this. If you approach the Quran with the wrong intention, you will be misguided and in it you will find every reason to carry out horrible deeds, but if you approach it with humility and sincere quest for truth, you will find in it miracles that will marvel you forever. This is the reality (metaphysics?) of this religion.

In regards to what is being done to stop terrorism, there has been efforts in Khutbah's and other similar functions to remind people of the mercy and rahmat in the characteristics of our Prophet Muhammad PBUH and of this religion. Going through the Prophet's (PBUH) seerah and sunnah, you will see so much mercy, rahmat and beauty to fill the whole world with love and peace.

Terrorrists are not of this religion and hence please do not ascribe them to it. Also please do not assume "Shiaism" does not create its own breed of the wrong people. No one is perfect, but Allah SWT.

16 hours ago, islam_mercy said:

Terrorists could most of the time be in fact just troubled individuals/groups that take which ever way they want in analyzing and using Islam. So to ask what is it in "Sunni Doctrine" that creates terrorists, is a flawed question as really it should be, what is it in "the people", that allows them to become terrorists or create terrorists in the name of Islam.

I would believe that but why is it that these troubled individuals ONLY join Sunni groups? And I like your question - "what is it in "the people", that allows them to become terrorists or create terrorists in the name of Islam". However there are 2 distinct sects in Islam and "the people" seem to be joining ONLY one of the 2 sects so I absolutely have to break it down to its lowest level - "what is it in "the people", that allows them to become terrorists or create terrorists in the name of Sunni Islam"

17 hours ago, islam_mercy said:

Allah SWT says that he guides many, and also misguides many, through the Quran. Do you then say it is the "Quran" that creates terrorists. No, of course it is not, yet it is the misinterpretation and misuse of it that does this. If you approach the Quran with the wrong intention, you will be misguided and in it you will find every reason to carry out horrible deeds, but if you approach it with humility and sincere quest for truth, you will find in it miracles that will marvel you forever. This is the reality (metaphysics?) of this religion.

If the same Quran is creating Sistani and Al-Baghdadi, then it is not the Quran but something else. I agree - the intention plays a big role in what one learns from the Quran.

In regards to what is being done to stop terrorism, there has been efforts in Khutbah's and other similar functions to remind people of the mercy and rahmat in the characteristics of our Prophet Muhammad PBUH and of this religion. Going through the Prophet's (PBUH) seerah and sunnah, you will see so much mercy, rahmat and beauty to fill the whole world with love and peace.

Over 100 people have been killed in Baghdad in bombings within the last 2-3 days. I need 1 quote from 1 prominent Sunni condemning it.

Terrorrists are not of this religion and hence please do not ascribe them to it.

Denial is the first step. We can't solve a problem as long as we keep denying it exists. Perhaps this is the reason terrorism is increasing. Burying our heads in the sand isnt going to make the problem go away which seems to be the MO of the Sunni World.

Also please do not assume "Shiaism" does not create its own breed of the wrong people. No one is perfect, but Allah SWT.

Not for a minute. You will find shias in all category of crimes except SUICIDE BOMBING and BOMBINGs of mosques and other places and specifically targeting women and children.

On 2016-05-18 at 9:02 PM, islam_mercy said:

Terrorists could most of the time be in fact just troubled individuals/groups that take which ever way they want in analyzing and using Islam. So to ask what is it in "Sunni Doctrine" that creates terrorists, is a flawed question as really it should be, what is it in "the people", that allows them to become terrorists or create terrorists in the name of Islam.

I would believe that but why is it that these troubled individuals ONLY join Sunni groups? And I like your question - "what is it in "the people", that allows them to become terrorists or create terrorists in the name of Islam". However there are 2 distinct sects in Islam and "the people" seem to be joining ONLY one of the 2 sects so I absolutely have to break it down to its lowest level - "what is it in "the people", that allows them to become terrorists or create terrorists in the name of Sunni Islam"

I would say it is their misunderstanding of their own religious traditions and principles that allows them to be easily misled.

Now why is more prevalent among the Sunni people, that is a very complicated question. Some reasons that could be possible:

1) It is the mainly Sunni countries that are experiencing instability currently and maybe out of desperation and extreme hate they resort to terrorism.

2) The Sunni islamic tradition is more activistic and lively compared to Shiaism that has resorted to passivism and unfortunately this is surfacing through active involvement in terrorism rather than other stuff.

3) The actual terrorists could be people from other sects/religions trying to give Sunni Islam a bad name.

I really dont know  the exact answer and can only speculate. I would think twice though if I were you before jumping to conclusions. Behind any issue in the world there is the obvious and the less obvious reasons. and Allah knows best.

If the same Quran is creating Sistani and Al-Baghdadi, then it is not the Quran but something else. I agree - the intention plays a big role in what one learns from the Quran.

It is really the element of "Ikhlas" in a persons heart that could affect how the Quran reacts towards them. SubhanAllah, the Quran is an amazing miracle.

Over 100 people have been killed in Baghdad in bombings within the last 2-3 days. I need 1 quote from 1 prominent Sunni condemning it.

You cannot really expect scholars to jump on every single incident around the world. This world has a Lord and he knows the truth and what is false. Beyond that, the scholars try to tackle issues as best as they can. The reaction of the scholars is also greatly dependent on which part of the world they are in. I am in North America, so the best example I have for you is this:

http://risconvention.com/

This one of the biggest conventions held annually for the muslims in North America. The theme of the 2015 convention (the latest one) was working together with other faiths and also serious condemnation of the well known current fanatical terrorists. Many Sunni scholars attended and amongst them, Dr Seyyed Hossein Nasr, a very prominent Shia scholar intellectual.

Also, another example:

http://www.halaltube.com/zaid-shakir-sunni-shia-hatred-a-disease-we-must-fight

Terrorrists are not of this religion and hence please do not ascribe them to it.

Denial is the first step. We can't solve a problem as long as we keep denying it exists. Perhaps this is the reason terrorism is increasing. Burying our heads in the sand isnt going to make the problem go away which seems to be the MO of the Sunni World.

I guess what I was trying to say is opposite of what the western media thinks, that Islam in itself contains provisions supporting terrorism. That is utterly false. On the other hand, yes, we need to see how we can educate our communities to fight this problem. It's tough though, as one the important factors in terrorism is the continued Western aggression and involvement in the Middle East.

And also please stop bashing people. You are either part of the solution or part of the problem.

Also please do not assume "Shiaism" does not create its own breed of the wrong people. No one is perfect, but Allah SWT.

Not for a minute. You will find shias in all category of crimes except SUICIDE BOMBING and BOMBINGs of mosques and other places and specifically targeting women and children.

Well I don't know about you but I think the Iranians have done some of those. There are also alot of things going on in Syria and the likes that we are not aware of. It is very naive to assume the opposite. The safest stance is to accept no one is perfect and that we can do our best to improve ourselves.

13 hours ago, islam_mercy said:

I would say it is their misunderstanding of their own religious traditions and principles that allows them to be easily misled.

Now why is more prevalent among the Sunni people, that is a very complicated question. Some reasons that could be possible:

1) It is the mainly Sunni countries that are experiencing instability currently and maybe out of desperation and extreme hate they resort to terrorism.

2) The Sunni islamic tradition is more activistic and lively compared to Shiaism that has resorted to passivism and unfortunately this is surfacing through active involvement in terrorism rather than other stuff.

3) The actual terrorists could be people from other sects/religions trying to give Sunni Islam a bad name..

1) Iraq is majority shia and it seems like Shia Iraq is bearing the brunt of the terror attacks.

2) Define 'activistic' - as in more violent?

3) Come on - do you really believe that?

I really dont know  the exact answer and can only speculate. I would think twice though if I were you before jumping to conclusions. Behind any issue in the world there is the obvious and the less obvious reasons. and Allah knows best.

And there in lies the problem. Think twice? After the thousandth or more bomb, you still want the shias to think twice before jumping to conclusions? Allah for sure knows best including the apathy in the Sunni world as regards to the terror being spread in Allah's name.

You cannot really expect scholars to jump on every single incident around the world. This world has a Lord and he knows the truth and what is false. Beyond that, the scholars try to tackle issues as best as they can. The reaction of the scholars is also greatly dependent on which part of the world they are in. I am in North America, so the best example I have for you is this:

http://risconvention.com/

This one of the biggest conventions held annually for the muslims in North America. The theme of the 2015 convention (the latest one) was working together with other faiths and also serious condemnation of the well known current fanatical terrorists. Many Sunni scholars attended and amongst them, Dr Seyyed Hossein Nasr, a very prominent Shia scholar intellectual.

Also, another example:

http://www.halaltube.com/zaid-shakir-sunni-shia-hatred-a-disease-we-must-fight

I dont expect the Sunni scholars to do anything specifically since they are part of the problem. I expect the average sunni to step up and say/do something. How about a #JeSuisShia campaign? Just now, news of the EgyptAir crash is coming and Muslims all over are praying the 60+ victims. What about the 100+ who died in the last 3 days in Baghdad. Oh well, I guess if the Sunni world jumped at every shia killing they would be jumping 24/7/365.

I guess what I was trying to say is opposite of what the western media thinks, that Islam in itself contains provisions supporting terrorism. That is utterly false. On the other hand, yes, we need to see how we can educate our communities to fight this problem. It's tough though, as one the important factors in terrorism is the continued Western aggression and involvement in the Middle East.

Even if the West is supplying the bombs, at the end of the day the finger on the trigger is a Sunni finger. Islam does not support terror but it sure seems like Sunni Islam supports or promotes terror.

And also please stop bashing people. You are either part of the solution or part of the problem.

Well I don't know about you but I think the Iranians have done some of those. There are also alot of things going on in Syria and the likes that we are not aware of. It is very naive to assume the opposite. The safest stance is to accept no one is perfect and that we can do our best to improve ourselves.

I am not bashing people. I am bashing the terrorists and calling out Sunnis to do something against it.

And there it is. While it is thinly veiled, you are defending the terrorists by saying look Iran does it to. I need 1 video/pic of an Iranian or Hezbollah eating a liver, or blowing up a mosque or suicide bombing a market.

Yes there is a lot we are not aware off, but it does not mean we turn a blind eye to things we are aware off.

I really appreciate you responding to this thread but really all you have done is present excuses and not presented any proof of what is being done in the Sunni world to stop terrorism in the name of Allah.

In the meanwhile, we will continue to die...

@A true Sunni  @aansoogas  @certainclarity   @Cyrax  @Dutch002  @GreatChineseFall   @Ibn Matta

You are some of the most active members on ShiaChat in terms of Shia/Sunni dialogue. I am calling you out to respond on this topic.

Surely the most important issue of our times is the terrorism being spread in the name of Islam or to be more specific terrorism being spread in the name of Sunni Islam.

I find you answering at great lengths the topics of infallibility, mutah, ghadeer, sahaba, etc. None of these topics are relevant in terms of the pressing issue with regards to the terrorism we are facing each day.

Why is there a collective silence on this topic from Sunnis across the world or at least from the ones on ShiaChat.

Should we interpret your silence to mean acceptance of the situation? Today you silently support the terrorists. Tomorrow you will actively support them, Day after tomorrow you will be wearing a suicide vest. 

I would respect each of you more if you just came out and said, ISIS is right; Shias deserve to die than to completely turn a blind eye to this issue.

Perhaps the famous Shia lecturer is right in that every Sunni is 1 khutbah away from becoming a terrorist. How soon before your infatuation with mutah leads you to wearing a vest in the hopes of getting 72 virgins.

It is absolutely useless to talk about any other topic until this answered.

Other than badgering shias, what have you done to counter the scourge of terrorism within Sunni Islam?

On 5/21/2016 at 5:59 PM, GreatChineseFall said:

I denounce any killing of Muslims, your bias is extremely insulting or you are simply unaware of what is going on

First, you should denounce the killings of all people by terrorists.

What bias are you referring to? Does ISIS not claim they are Sunnis?

All I asked is that as a Sunni, are you spending as much time 'correcting' the terrorists or fundamentals as you are 'correcting' the shias? Also what teachings are being used to create these terrorists and are you voicing your rejection of these teachings.

I am insulted at what the terrorists are doing in the name of Islam and here you are feeling insulted because I am trying to figure out why.

@skamran110     @DigitalUmmah    @New membr     @sharinganMahdi    @Akbar673    @yolanda313786    @The Light     @haideriam    @Gaius I. Caesar     @Panzerwaffe

Salaam,

You either commented or liked one of the posts on this topic that has been up for 1 week now.

@Akbar673 called that they would not respond to this but I really thought a few would at least. Only @islam_mercy responded and was willing to engage in dialogue. I had to call out several active Sunni members to share their thoughts but only @GreatChineseFall and he too was offended at my question. The rest (   @A true Sunni   @aansoogas   @Cyrax   @Dutch002   @Ibn Matta  ) did not bother to respond.

Current topics being discussed:

• Ghadeer and meaning of mawla
  • Infallibility of the Prophets and Imams
  • Mutah (of course)
  • Shia-Sunni unity
  • Literacy of the Prophet

Question: as important as they are, are any of these topics more important or at least more relevant than the current threat faced by Islam from the radical Islamists? Why is there complete and total silence from the Sunnis on this issue? Worldwide and on ShiaChat? I am assuming the lack of response to this topic is just a micro-chasm of the apathy in the Sunni world on the issue of Islamic terror. Is their silence their acceptance of this?

What are your thoughts on the collective silence? Why the silence?

My 2 cents are that if they condemn the terrorists, then they will have to condemn the teachings that make terrorists. First targets would be Ibn Taymiah and Abdul Wahab. That means practically every Sunni mosque and madrassah would have some serious book burning to do. So rather than clean house, they just leave terrorism to spread.

Consider me shocked by their silence and awed by their ignorance.

43 minutes ago, shiaman14 said:

First targets would be Ibn Taymiah and Abdul Wahab. That means practically every Sunni mosque and madrassah would have some serious book burning to do. So rather than clean house, they just leave terrorism to spread.

Abdul Wahab does not come to mind when I think of Sunni scholars and books. I know that all Salafis are Sunni, but not all Sunnis are Salafi. Abdul Wahab is well liked by the Salafis and not so much by followers of the four traditional Sunni madhabs. Hence I consider Abdul Wahab a Salafi source. I do not know the reason for the silence. Perhaps they think we are ignorant and not worth their time? Which doesn't particularly bother me until they start calling us kuffar and try to "correct" our deen out of ignorance and their misconceptions about us. I never quite understood what the craze for Ibn Taymiyyah was about either. Plus, I am probably going to get a lot of grief for this but I think most Sunnis know the terrorism comes from sources like Ibn Taymiyyah and Abdul Wahab and they are afraid to do anything about it because it means taking a critical, less-than-positive at a highly influential classical scholar (Ibn Hanbal) of Sunni thought and possibly admitting his influence on Salafi jihadist groups today. Probably having to clean house because of it.   

1 hour ago, (patience) said:

Wasalaam

"who are mujahideen" and for whom they "should" fight !?

not sure what mujahideen you are referring to but arent we all mujahids fighting against our nafs. That is the great jihad of all.

There is this ignorant consequence among the laypeople of the Sunnis about Shi'asm and how kafir and shirk they are. This itself create approval among themselves to lower the value of Shi'a people. Some of them have gone so extreme that in their own country they have lowered Shi'as rights. In Malaysia for example, Shia will get prisoned if he just practice his belief. 

Of course these laypeople dislike Salafi Jihdist groups because of their extreme behavior and bad image it gives about Islam, but it does create this hypocrisy among themselves. But who among themselves even care if kafir shi'i who joined Assad side over Syria and who have taken Sunni rights in Iraq is getting killed?

Edited by Dhulfikar

15 hours ago, Dutch002 said:

The reason i did not react is because i do not feel responsible for a bunch of nutjobs. ISIS or whatever they are called nowadays are not at all associated with Islaam. 

and they pray 5 times a day (arms folded), have the same slogan as Saudi on their flags and claim to be following the correct path.

So my question stands - what have you done to counter them?

18 hours ago, shiaman14 said:

Question: as important as they are, are any of these topics more important or at least more relevant than the current threat faced by Islam from the radical Islamists? Why is there complete and total silence from the Sunnis on this issue? Worldwide and on ShiaChat? I am assuming the lack of response to this topic is just a micro-chasm of the apathy in the Sunni world on the issue of Islamic terror. Is their silence their acceptance of this?

What are your thoughts on the collective silence? Why the silence?

My 2 cents are that if they condemn the terrorists, then they will have to condemn the teachings that make terrorists. First targets would be Ibn Taymiah and Abdul Wahab. That means practically every Sunni mosque and madrassah would have some serious book burning to do. So rather than clean house, they just leave terrorism to spread.

In the history of Islam such silence is not shocking or surprising as we are aware of the incidents  prior to Kerbela happened in Kufa. The silence was there when the people left alone the Safeer of Imam, Hussain and he was alone killed. I mean hz Muslim bin Aqeel.

There was collective silence on the issue. Does it not remind the people that event?

4 minutes ago, skamran110 said:

In the history of Islam such silence is not shocking or surprising as we are aware of the incidents  prior to Kerbela happened in Kufa. The silence was there when the people left alone the Safeer of Imam, Hussain and he was alone killed. I mean hz Muslim bin Aqeel.

There was collective silence on the issue. Does it not remind the people that event?

You are absolutely correct.

As a matter of fact I was just thinking last night that the Ahl-e-Sunnah often argue that had the Prophet nominated Imam Ali as his successor, then the Muslims (Sahaba, muhajireen, ansar) would have spoken up on Imam Ali's behalf against the establishment. Here we are 1,400 years later and the Muslims can't even speak up online against a terror that has been wreaking havoc in the name of Islam. This is why/how the Muslims of back then also kept their mouths shut.

The similarities are uncanny.

1 hour ago, shiaman14 said:

You are absolutely correct.

This is why/how the Muslims of back then also kept their mouths shut.

The similarities are uncanny.

Thats why we are thankful to the Priphet and Imams from his pure progeny to have Amr Bil maroof wa nahi an nil munkir as one of the furu deen to be observed. The speaking on the issues faced by the ahl albaayt is considered speaking the truth and thats why we face the terrorism and silance like kufis for our inncoent people killing

If the Muslims cannot speak the truth presently how they could have done after the demise of the Prophet for the rights of his pure progeny? Sad history of islam.

Wassalam 

Edited by skamran110

21 hours ago, shiaman14 said:

First, you should denounce the killings of all people by terrorists.

My statement didn't deny that.

What bias are you referring to? Does ISIS not claim they are Sunnis?

The bias that you create the impression that terrorism originates mostly from sunni's

All I asked is that as a Sunni, are you spending as much time 'correcting' the terrorists or fundamentals as you are 'correcting' the shias?

No, I spend way more time discussing with shia's. Let's see what conclusions you seem to think you can draw from such a simple statement.

Also what teachings are being used to create these terrorists and are you voicing your rejection of these teachings.

Islamic teachings, no I am not voicing my rejection to these teachings because they are Islamic teachings. The same teachings that are used to create ethical and pious human beings. The problem is not the teachings, it is the mentality of literalness and biasness and complete disregard of context and jumping to conclusions that is the problem. The same problem I am observing here. Khawarij and Imami shia ideology have more overlap than you seem to think, they both share the same takfiri mentality

I am insulted at what the terrorists are doing in the name of Islam and here you are feeling insulted because I am trying to figure out why.

If you feel closeness to them, you should be insulted. I am insulted by the picture you are painting.

19 hours ago, shiaman14 said:

Case in point, jumping to conclusions. Thank you for sonfirming it once again

not sure what mujahideen you are referring to!!! {but arent we all mujahids fighting against our nafs. That is the great jihad of all.}

Ofcourse friend, my question is regarding arm struggling mujahids. Again can I know "who" are mujahideen and for "whom" they "fights"!? 

Iam aware what isis is doing is not jihad, but can I know what hizbilla, Iran, assad troops & Russia is doing right now "jihad"!? :)

3 hours ago, GreatChineseFall said:

My statement didn't deny that.

Neither did it confirm. You were very specific about whose killings you were against so it was worth mentioning the rest of the innocent victims of islamic terror.

4 hours ago, GreatChineseFall said:

No, I spend way more time discussing with shia's. Let's see what conclusions you seem to think you can draw from such a simple statement.

I could several conclusions from this. Any or all from the list below:

1. You fear retaliation from the fanatics so you stick with shias because we are not terrorists.
  2. You sympathize with them and do your part by attacking us online.
  3. You support them and are part of their online warfare propaganda machine.
  4. You don't care for them but find shias to be easy targets.
  5. You feel their cause is justified so you leave them alone
  6. You dont see them as an Islamic problem.
  7. You are okay with the shia killings and enslavement of Yazdis
  8. You hate shias more than you hate the terrorists so you spend time on ShiaChat saving us from ourselves.
  9. You dont agree with their methods but agree with their objectives.
  10. Only good shia is a dead shia so Go ISIS!!!

The bias that you create the impression that terrorism originates mostly from sunni's

But it does mostly originate from Sunni Islam. From Eastern Indonesia to Western Africa, there are a multitude of terror groups and all claim to be Sunni. I am name a few if you like.

Islamic teachings, no I am not voicing my rejection to these teachings because they are Islamic teachings. The same teachings that are used to create ethical and pious human beings. The problem is not the teachings, it is the mentality of literalness and biasness and complete disregard of context and jumping to conclusions that is the problem. The same problem I am observing here. Khawarij and Imami shia ideology have more overlap than you seem to think, they both share the same takfiri mentality

I have heard this before. Khawarij and Shias are the same? Who do we do takfir against? Last I checked, we are not going around blowing up ourselves and others all over the world. Could this be your bias against us talking?

How can you say I am jumping to conclusions when this topic was up for 1 week and no Sunni responded?

If you feel closeness to them, you should be insulted. I am insulted by the picture you are painting.

I feel insulted because they are ruining the good name of the Prophet. Denmark wouldnt draw cartoons of the Prophet with bombs exploding if it were not for these terrorists.

The picture I am painting is that Sunnis are not doing enough to counter the scourge of terrorism. I am not sure why you are so angry about it. Question still stands - what is the Sunni world doing to stem the rise of terrorists. Burying head in the sand seems to be the only answer to-date.

Case in point, jumping to conclusions. Thank you for sonfirming it once again

Again, how can you say I am jumping to conclusions when this topic was up for 1 week and no Sunni responded?

22 minutes ago, (patience) said:

Ofcourse friend, my question is regarding arm struggling mujahids. Again can I know "who" are mujahideen and for "whom" they "fights"!? 

Iam aware what isis is doing is not jihad, but can I know what hizbilla, Iran, assad troops & Russia is doing right now "jihad"!? :)

My personal opinion is it is not jihad but land wars with the exception of Hizbollah's defense of Zainabia in Damascus and other religious sites.

Case in point would be Sistani asked Iraqis to rise against ISIS and not all shias.

Edited by shiaman14

5 minutes ago, shiaman14 said:

My personal opinion is it is not jihad but land wars with the exception of Hizbollah's defense of Zainabia in Damascus and other religious sites.

MashaAllah so what they are doing & killing many innocents is to defend zainab r.a shrine & other shia "holy sites"! And it not jihad according to you, and it's simply land & power war with mighty" alliances "! So how about the protection of alive people ! 

5 minutes ago, (patience) said:

MashaAllah so what they are doing & killing many innocents is to defend zainab r.a shrine & other shia "holy sites"! And it not jihad according to you, and it's simply land & power war with mighty" alliances "! So how about the protection of alive people ! 

did you read 'with the exception'. Defending Zainabia and the other sites is jihad. And because you are defending, in theory everyone attacking you is not innocent and as such it is permissible to kill them in defense.

The rest of the struggle cannot be defined as true jihad but it is more for land than Islam. And you are right - innocent people are being killed on all sides. All the more reason our scholars are reluctant to term it as jihad. The nature of urban warfare is as such.

9 minutes ago, shiaman14 said:

did you read 'with the exception'. Defending Zainabia and the other sites is jihad. And because you are defending, in theory everyone attacking you is not innocent and as such it is permissible to kill them in defense.

The rest of the struggle cannot be defined as true jihad but it is more for land than Islam. And you are right - innocent people are being killed on all sides. All the more reason our scholars are reluctant to term it as jihad. The nature of urban warfare is as such.

Ok, but are the scholars on both sides are so illiterate that they can't define the arm struggle on both sides, that its "jihad" or "holy war (harb al muqaddasun)"! So that the lives of volunteers & brainwashed can be saved, and the people who have labeled all his sunni shia jihad are more literate than them ! Unfortunately.