Rate this topic

4 hours ago, Shaykh Patience101 said:

1. Muhammad bin Abi Bakr

2. Mercy? Or the Ahlul Bayt themselves (as intermediaries)?

3. Was it the Jews of Medina bragging to them for generations that a Prophet would soon appear amongst them?

Close

1) Muhammad b. Abi Bakr (rah) died while he was in Egypt when the army of 'Amr b. 'As invaded it, not as he was traveling to it. Malik al-Ashtar (rah) died on the way there after being ordered by Amir al-Mu'mineen (as) to become the governor of Egypt instead Muhammad, as he saw him to be more fit to oppose Muawiyia's invading army but he was eventually poisoned by one of Muawyia's soldiers during his journey. 

2) As king said. For anyone who is interested in a detailed answer you can read the following: 

econd verse:

(وَلَا تَدْعُ مَعَ اللَّهِ إِلَهًا آخَرَ لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا هُوَ كُلُّ شَيْءٍ هَالِكٌ) إِلَّا وَجْهَهُ لَهُ الْحُكْمُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ.

Except the face of Allah everything will get destroyed. (Surah Qasas 28:88)

Most commentators have said that ‘face’ means the self of Allah and everything would be destroyed before the day of Judgement and then created again. Some have said that it means the religion of Allah and His worship.

Ibne Babawayh in Tawheed has narrated from Ibne Khusaima that I asked Imam Sadiq (a.s.) about its explanation and he replied: The face of Allah is the religion of Allah and the Holy Prophet (S) and Amirul Momineen (a.s.) were the religion of Allah and creatures of Allah they were the eyes of Allah who used to see their action by the light of Allah and they were the tongue of Allah, as Allah used to converse through them. And these gentlemen used to convey the knowledge of Allah to His creatures.

https://www.al-islam.org/hayat-al-qulub-vol3-allamah-muhammad-baqir-al-majlisi/part-39-side-Allah-face-Allah-and-hands-Allah

3) Correct. The Meccans had no previous knowledge of those stories about the Prophet's prophecy that the Jews in Medina had knowledge of. 

1- What are the Five Pillars of Islam?

2- What is the status of the one who denies these Pillars while knowing it is the truth?

3- Who wrote Mir'at Al-Uqul? And what is this in this book?

4- Can you name three categories of kuffar?

5- Where is Sayyeda Fatima buried?

Edited by E.L King

16 hours ago, Al-Hassan said:

Close

1) Muhammad b. Abi Bakr (rah) died while he was in Egypt when the army of 'Amr b. 'As invaded it, not as he was traveling to it. Malik al-Ashtar (rah) died on the way there after being ordered by Amir al-Mu'mineen (as) to become the governor of Egypt instead Muhammad, as he saw him to be more fit to oppose Muawiyia's invading army but he was eventually poisoned by one of Muawyia's soldiers during his journey. 

Was Malik al-Ashtar (ra) also closely involved in the rebellion against the 3rd Caliph?

16 hours ago, E.L King said:

1- What are the Five Pillars of Islam?

2- What is the status of the one who denies these Pillars while knowing it is the truth?

3- Who wrote Mir'at Al-Uqul? And what is this in this book?

4- Can you name three categories of kuffar?

5- Where is Sayyeda Fatima buried?

1. Usually considered Tawheed, Adalah, Nabuwwah, Imamah, and Qiyama.

I've also read a hadith of Imam al-Baqir saying something along the lines of: "Islam is founded on 5 things- Wilayah, Salah, Sawm, Hajj, and Zakah" (although these aren't traditionally considered pillars).

2. Out of the fold of Islam.

3. This is a hard one. Was it Allamah Majlisi? Shaykhs Mufid or Tusi? I've seen people reference gradings of al-Kafi ahadith from it, so I assume it contains some sort of commentary. 

4. No idea.

5. Jannat al-Baqi in Medina.

Edited by Shaykh Patience101

1 hour ago, Shaykh Patience101 said:

1. Usually considered Tawheed, Adalah, Nabuwwah, Imamah, and Qiyama.

I've also read a hadith of Imam al-Baqir saying something along the lines of: "Islam is founded on 5 things- Wilayah, Salah, Sawm, Hajj, and Zakah" (although these aren't traditionally considered pillars).

2. Out of the fold of Islam.

3. This is a hard one. Was it Allamah Majlisi? Shaykhs Mufid or Tusi? I've seen people reference gradings of al-Kafi ahadith from it, so I assume it contains some sort of commentary. 

4. No idea.

5. Jannat al-Baqi in Medina.

1- Actually the hadith you brought up is the correct answer. There is a difference between Usool Al-Deen (Foundations of the Religion) and Arkan Al-Deen (Pillars of the Religion).

See brother Abu Tufayl's comment here: 

And read this hadith: http://purifiedhousehold.com/the-basis-of-islam-are-five/

2- Indeed, correct.

3- It is indeed Allamah Al-Majlisi. It is a commentary of Al-Kafi and it grades the narrations as well.

4- There are many categories of kuffar. You have Ahlul Kitab, Mushriks, Dhimmis etc...

5- Debatable. Some hadiths, in fact the more authentic hadiths (atleast based on chains) point out that she was buried in her house. But this is a debated topic among the ulama which I don't want to get into. Correct answer brother.

26 minutes ago, magma said:

Give me what you got. I'll answer. Win!

I dug up some knuckleballs from Hayat al-Qulub just for you.

1. What was Dhul Qurnayn's real name?

2. What does Dhul Qurnayn mean?

3. What man one told a Prophet that a bird the Prophet could see was saying "By the lord of the heaven and the earth and the sea, your (the Prophet's) knowledge compared to the knowledge of Allah is only equal to the quantity of water I can take in my beak from the sea"?

4. What was this Prophet's name? 

5. Who once claimed to have more knowledge than both of the men in Question 3?

Edited by Shaykh Patience101

42 minutes ago, E.L King said:

1- Actually the hadith you brought up is the correct answer. There is a difference between Usool Al-Deen (Foundations of the Religion) and Arkan Al-Deen (Pillars of the Religion).

Out of curiosity, what is the translation of Furu ad-Din?

I've always seen it translated as "the pillars of religion."

Just now, Shaykh Patience101 said:

Out of curiosity, what is the translation of Furu ad-Din?

I've always seen it translated as "the pillars of religion."

I would say WikiShia has translated it correctly.

Furūʿ al-dīn (Arabic: فروع الدين), lit. branches/ancillaries of religion

http://en.wikishia.net/view/Furu'_al-Din

4 hours ago, Shaykh Patience101 said:

I dug up some knuckleballs from Hayat al-Qulub just for you.

1. What was Dhul Qurnayn's real name?

2. What does Dhul Qurnayn mean?

3. What man one told a Prophet that a bird the Prophet could see was saying "By the lord of the heaven and the earth and the sea, your (the Prophet's) knowledge compared to the knowledge of Allah is only equal to the quantity of water I can take in my beak from the sea"?

4. What was this Prophet's name? 

5. Who once claimed to have more knowledge than both of the men in Question 3?

If @magma doeen't answer in another two hours, I will !!!!!

Image result for jumping up and down hand raised in class hermione

1 hour ago, magma said:

1. Zulqarnayn     Alexander the great

2. "He of Two Horns"

3. al-Khidr

4. Musa (a)

5. Atheist professors. Internet trolls.  A hunter /fisherman 

Copy/pasting answers from google isn't allowed. :sign_no:

49 minutes ago, starlight said:

Copy/pasting answers from google isn't allowed. :sign_no:

There is no proof Alexander the Great was Dhul Qarnayn. This is simply speculation. And the reports which tell us about Alexander the Great's life don't show him in a good light - anyway.

7 minutes ago, E.L King said:

There is no proof Alexander the Great was Dhul Qarnayn. This is simply speculation. And the reports which tell us about Alexander the Great's life don't show him in a good light - anyway.

I know. Some people say he was Cyrus, others say he was Alexander or some say he was someone completely different. 

[Edit] @notme I am sure the Dev team would be happy to bend the rules for you. 

Edited by starlight

19 minutes ago, E.L King said:

It definitely fits Alexander's journey. 

1 minute ago, E.L King said:

Perhaps, but his lifestyle, based on what has reached us, does not seem to be befitting of a Holy Man.

True, and I agree it's just speculation that Dhul Quarnayn is the same person as Alexander, but it's probable that most of the tales of the life of Alexander are not historical but from the imagination of storytellers. He might or might not have been a bad and worldly man.