Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Is the Quran incomplete?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

:salam:

First, astaghfirullah.

However, I was discussing some issues with my cousin and he mentioned that several scholars have claimed that the Quran we currently have and read from is incomplete.

What's the argument?

The complete Quran was written by and compiled by Imam Ali (as). During Umar's caliphate, Umar wanted to bring together all the quranic scripts that were written by whoever had learnt them off by heart and whoever else decided to write them down during the time of the Prophet (pbuh). Imam Ali (as) comes to Umar with his completed Quran and offers it to Umar, but Umar rejects it. Imam Ali (as) then takes the completed Quran and keeps it in the Ahlulbayt (as) and their bloodline, i.e. each time an Imam was martyred it was passed on to the next Imam, until Imam Mehdi (ajfs) who is currently in possession of it.

Okay so this story reeeeally doesn't hold with me at all, but I was just wondering if anyone's heard something similar or if anyone can get me the source of this fantasy.

• Advanced Member

http://www.al-islam.org/articles/beliefs-do-shiah-believe-different-quran

You can also quote hadith e saqlain in which Prophet saww told about the book and ahlulbayt a.s.If there was no book then why did prophet mentioned it or if it was incomplete then why will he ask people to rely on it till the day of judgement.Also you can put forth the argument of name of the first chapter I.e it was name fatehatul kitab or Sura e fatiha. The name itself tells that it is the opening chapter of the book(if there was no book then why the name fateha?).More detailed answers are in the link. 

46 minutes ago, Langar said:

First, astaghfirullah.

However, I was discussing some issues with my cousin and he mentioned that several scholars have claimed that the Quran we currently have and read from is incomplete.

What's the argument?

The complete Quran was written by and compiled by Imam Ali (as). During Umar's caliphate, Umar wanted to bring together all the quranic scripts that were written by whoever had learnt them off by heart and whoever else decided to write them down during the time of the Prophet (pbuh). Imam Ali (as) comes to Umar with his completed Quran and offers it to Umar, but Umar rejects it. Imam Ali (as) then takes the completed Quran and keeps it in the Ahlulbayt (as) and their bloodline, i.e. each time an Imam was martyred it was passed on to the next Imam, until Imam Mehdi (ajfs) who is currently in possession of it.

Okay so this story reeeeally doesn't hold with me at all, but I was just wondering if anyone's heard something similar or if anyone can get me the source of this fantasy.

Salam,

The Quran with Imam comes with the complete explaination of what the verses contain, in terms of law etc.

Currently we only have the text of the Quran, which is similar to the Quran Imam Ali has written.

So there is not extra or less verse in the Quran Imam Ali had written.

Its our minds that are incomplete to comprehend what is in the complete Quran.

Edited by certainclarity
7 minutes ago, DoJustice_LoveMercy said:

Define “complete”. 

To me a complete revelation from God contains everything you need to know so that if you were to follow that revelation your life would be pleasing to God.  Does the Quran contain this information? 

Yes, it does. The injeel that was revealed to Jesus according to Islamic scripture contained everything that people of his time needed to please God.

Since Injeel was given to Jesus, he only knew the exact content of it, and would explain the laws from it to the people.

So the most complete definition of the book is given to those who are given the book directly, and the to those who follow what was revealed to them by their prophet in exact precision, so they too could receive the complete definition of the book.

Since majority of us do not follow our book in exact precision we do not get the complete understanding of it.

In Islam, Since Imam Ali followed what was taught to him by Mohammad precisely, he received the complete definition of it too.

• Advanced Member
10 minutes ago, certainclarity said:
20 minutes ago, DoJustice_LoveMercy said:

Does the Quran contain this information? 

Yes, it does.

I'm confused by what you are saying.  You claim the Quran is complete, but then talk about how Imam Ali was given deeper definition from Muhammad which he passed on.  It's fine to have a deeper understanding, but my original question of if the Quran meets the definition of complete was not answered.  Does the Quran contain everything you need to know to live a life that pleases God?

9 minutes ago, certainclarity said:

we can say a complete medical book in English has all what is needed in medical sense, but still needs a professor to explain the book in english

The Quran claims to be made plain, for all mankind, and fully explained.  If this is true, why is something other than the Quran needed to explain it?  Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying there should not be teachers of the Quran, but from an outside perspective, it seems the Hadith and scholars are used to add to Islam what the Quran left out.

• Advanced Member

Bismillah.

Salaam.

There are three different categories of reports about the compilation of the Quran:

A) Although he himself did not collect the verses but the Quran was compiled under his supervision. [1] The Quran that we have possession of today with all its structure and compilation, the numbering of its verses, and the structure of its chapters and sections is the very same Quran that the Prophet Muhammad gathered, collated, compiled and structured for Muslims during his life at the instigation of Allah.

B) The Quran in its present form was collected and completed by the Commander of the Faithful, Ali (a.s) following the demise of the Holy Prophet (s). The compilation was done during the time when Ali (a) was confined to his house living a secluded life. [2]

C) The Quran was compiled after the demise of the Prophet (s) by some of the companions (sahaba) other than Imam Ali (a). [3]

A great many Shia scholars especially the contemporaries maintain that the Quran was compiled at the time of the Holy Prophet himself and under his supervision. [4]

Some Shiite scholars subscribe to the second category of reports saying that the Commander of the Faithful, Ali (a) was the first to collect and compile the Quran in its present shape. [5] Most of the Sunni scholars, however, have adopted the third viewpoint. The orientalists have also advocated the same, and they have added that the Quran which was compiled by Imam Ali (a) was rejected by the companions.

Obviously, according to the first and second viewpoints, the collection of the Quran is ascribed to God and that the creation, structuring and arrangement of the verses have been done in the light of the divine revelation because the Apostle of God (s) according to verses 2 and 3 of chapter of al-Najm did not speak of his own desire. "It is naught but revelation that is revealed." [6] Whatever the Prophet (s) was saying in religious matters was with divine guidance. As for the Infallible Imams (a), they were not receiving revelations but they were carrying on the path of the prophets; they were inerrant and possessed divine knowledge.

Those who have accepted the third viewpoint (or the third category of verses) not only cannot prove that the chapters and their order have been created with divine guidance but they also negate them and consider the personal view of the companions to be involved in the compilation of the Quran and in the arrangement of its chapters.

Here it is necessary to make mention of a few points:

1. Allamah Muhammad Hussein Tabatabai says under verse 9 of Al-Hijr [«انا نحن نزلنا الذکر و انا له لحافظون»] [7] the features which have been mentioned for the Quran such as eloquence, expressiveness, coherence and the miraculous nature of the Quranic verses entirely exist in the present Quran which we have possession of. He has concluded that this Quran is the very same Quran which was known during the Apostle of God – peace and blessing of Allah be upon him. [8]

Although this saying negates any kind of distortions with the Quran, it cannot prove that this collection with its present form is revelatory. That is because the aforementioned features are not in a way such as to prove that the present collection of the verses which form the chapters, and also the order of the chapters which form the Quran are in the same way as existed in the time of the Prophet (s).

2. If one can prove the numerical miracle of the Quran over and above the Quranic syntactical and conceptual arrangement of the words and chapters of the Quran and if he can establish the numerical relations of the verses of one chapter with those of another (something which mankind is unable to do), he can prove that the Suras cum their order are revelatory but again the order of the all the Quranic verses in a single chapter being revelatory will not be proved.

3. It has been said in Majma' and al-Kashshaf that when the verse (And guard yourselves against a day…) was sent down, Gabriel said: "It is to be placed at the beginning of verse 280 of chapter al-Baqarah whereas chapter al-Baqarah was revealed in the beginning of the Hegira year and this verse was revealed in the tenth year during Hajjatul Weda' (the Farewell Pilgrimage). It has been said in Majma'ul Bayan that Chapter al-Baqarah was entirely revealed in Medina except for (And guard yourselves against a day…) which was revealed during Hajjatu Wed'ah.

Many arguments have been presented in favor of the first category of reports. Some of them are as under:

1. It has been quoted from Sayyid Murteza Alam al-Hoda in the preface to Majma' al-Bayan (Al-Fan al-Khāmis) that he said: "The Quran in its present form was compiled during the lifetime of the Prophet (s). [9] That was why, the Holy Quran was being taught and memorized by Muslims and they used to show it to the Messenger of Allah – peace be upon him and his family – so as to seek his advice. They were reciting the Quran from their hearts and some people like Abdullah bin Mas'ud and Ubai bin Ka'b etc. read out the Quran to the Prophet (s) many times.

Hakim quotes Zaid bin Thabit in Mustadrak [10] that he said:

(کنا عند رسول الله علیه و آله و سلم نولف القرآن من الرقاع)

"We were with the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him and his family, compiling scattered copies of the Quran."

Allamah Khoei has also quoted the same in his Al-Bayan [11] from Suyuti and Mustadrak considering it as a confirmed report.

This report is very frank implying that a group of the companions gathered round the Prophet (s) collected and prepared the scattered copies of the Quran. Nasai has a report based on authentic chain from Abdullah b. Umar who said:

"I gathered the Qur'an, and read it every night. The Prophet heard about it, so he said: "Read it in a month ..." [12]

This hadith also indicates that the Quran was collected and compiled in book form during the lifetime of the Prophet (s).

2. Shiites and Sunnis have unanimously reported that the Messenger of God – peace be upon him and his family – have said: لاصلاة الا بفاتحة الکتاب (No prayer is in order unless Chapter Fatiha is recited in it.). We all know that Chapter al-Hamd (or Fatiha) is not the first revealed Sura of the Quran. The word "Fatiha" which refers to Sura al-Hamd and which means the "beginning chapter" indicates that the Quran had been collected during the Prophet's lifetime and that Chapter al-Hamd had been placed in the beginning of the Quran.

3. Finally, the widely acknowledged and authentic tradition about thaqalayn [13] leaves us with no doubt that the Qur'an existed in a complete book form. It is unlikely that prophet used the term book to refer to scribbles and scattered parchments.

4. It has been mentioned in a several traditions that a number of the companions of the Holy Prophet (s) such as Ali bin Abu Talib (a), Sa'd bin Ubaid, Abu al-Darra, Ma'az bin Jabal, Thabit bin Zaid bin Nu'man, Ubai bin Ka'ab and Zaid bin Thabit compiled the Quran. In his The History of the Quran Abdullah Zanjani has narrated many traditions from Bukhari and Itqan of Suyuti, Bayhaqi and Manaqib of Khawarzami. Those traditions have also been mentioned by Ayatollah Khoei in Al-Bayan (under the Collection of the Quran). All those reports explicitly indicate that the Quran was collected and compiled in book form under the supervision of the Holy Prophet (a).

5. Last but not least, the Infallible Imams – peace be upon them – have not made any objections to this arrangement and they have accepted it. If the present order of the chapters of the Quran had not been carried out during the lifetime of the Prophet (s), the Infallible Imams, peace be upon them, would have made mention of it. At least, they would have said that the present Quran is the same Quran that was revealed but the chapters had been structured and arranged after the Prophet (s).

Additionally, the great importance which the Prophet (s) attached to the Quran is by itself an indication that the Prophet (s) would have never left the Quran for Muslim in scattered pieces. [14]  

Reference for further reading:

Hadavi Tehrani, Mahdi, Theological Foundations of Ijtihad, pg.54 – 55, Khana-e Kherad Cultural Institute, Qom 1st edition, 1998.

http://www.islamquest.net/en/archive/question/fa1632

More information at:

http://www.islamquest.net/en/archive/question/fa5375

http://www.islamquest.net/en/archive/question/fa486

[1] - See: Sayyid Abdul Wahhab Taliqani, The Sciences of the Quran, pg.83.

[2] - See: Sayyid Muhammad Reza Jalali Naeni, History of the Compilation of the Quran, pg. 87

[3] - Majority of Sunni scholars subscribe to this view. Ibid, pg.19 – 51.

[4] - See: Sayyid Abdul Wahhab Taliqani, The Sciences of the Quran, pg83; Sayyid Ali Milani, Al-Tahqiq fi Nafi al-Tahrif 'Anil-Quran al-Sharif, pg.41 – 42 and pg. 46; Muhammad Hadi Ma'refat, Protection of the Quran from Distortion, pg.34.

[5] - See: Sayyid Muhammad Reza Jalali Naeni, History of the Compilation of the Quran, pg.80

[6] -«ما ینطق عن الهوى ان هو الا وحى یوحى» Al-Najm: 2 – 3

[7] - We have, without doubt, sent down the Message; and We will assuredly guard it (from corruption). [15:9]

[8] - See: Allamah Tabatabai, Tafsir Al-Mizan, vol.12, pg.104 and pg.106 and pg.138.

[9] - (ان القرآن کان على عهد رسول الله صلى الله علیه و آله مجموعا مؤ لفا على ما هو علیه الآن).

[10] - al-Mustadrak, vol.2, pg. 229, Kitab al-Tafsir.

[11] - Al-Bayan, pg. 269 – 273.

[12] - جمعت القرآن فقرات به کل لیله فبلغ النبى (ص) فقال اقراه فى شهرAl-Bayan, pg. 269.

[13] -انى تارک فیکم الثقلین کتاب الله و عترتى

[14] - See: A Look at the Quran, Sayyid Ali Akbar Qarashi, the Synthesis and Order of the Chapters of the Quran.

With Duas.

Narsis.

33 minutes ago, DoJustice_LoveMercy said:

I'm confused by what you are saying.  You claim the Quran is complete, but then talk about how Imam Ali was given deeper definition from Muhammad which he passed on.  It's fine to have a deeper understanding, but my original question of if the Quran meets the definition of complete was not answered.  Does the Quran contain everything you need to know to live a life that pleases God?

The Quran claims to be made plain, for all mankind, and fully explained.  If this is true, why is something other than the Quran needed to explain it?  Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying there should not be teachers of the Quran, but from an outside perspective, it seems the Hadith and scholars are used to add to Islam what the Quran left out.

You misunderstood me. I never mentioned Ali had deeper knowledge of the Quran than Mohammad. Whatever Ali,had was from Mohammad, and Mohammad had directly in a form of revealtion from God.

What Ali, had written down was by the command of Mohammad.

This is a wrong translation that Quran is made easy for man kind. What it is meant, it has come in a form easy for people to handle.

When we speak, our voices have a frequency, so imagine if God reveal his speech, it would be such high frequency, no human would have been able to tolerate such frequency.

We can go deaf with higher worldly frequency leave alone God's revealation.

So for God's revealtion to be easy for us to stand, it should  be in a form, which can stand,which is the text of Quran as we see.

Other wise the Quran, in its actual sense is a spirit from God's command, and then transformed to light,then to text as we see:

Quran:

And thus We have revealed to you spirit of Our command. You did not know what is the Book or [what is] faith, but We have made it a light by which We guide whom We will of Our servants. And indeed, [O Muhammad], you guide to a straight path.

Once it was revealed to Muhammad in Arabic form he still had to explain the Quran to the people in Arabic.

Edited by certainclarity
1 hour ago, Langar said:

First, astaghfirullah.

What's the argument?

After the demise of Prophet (PBUHHP) and the conflict over caliphate in which Imam Ali a.s was asked to be patient, Imam Ali a.s said that he would not go out of his house until he write Quran completely. It is written that Imam Ali a.s wrote Quran and put before the first Caliph but the first Caliph did not accept it. And Imam Ali a.s vowed not to show it again until appointed time. And, no one ever saw that copy of Quran again because it remained with Imams and later on passed to Imam Mehdi a.s. Many narrators say that it was because of that copy of Quran that people come to know that Surah Alaq was the first Surah. And in this copy of Quran, every surah (chapter)  was written in perfect order as it revealed along with commentary on its subject about which it was revealed and time of revelation. 

However. after the rejection of Imam Ali's copy of Quran. The first caliph ordered for the compilation of Quran and that Quran was compiled but in the order as Imam Ali a.s compiled and that second copy was made public in the time of third caliph that is why some Muslims term it to be Usamani compilation. The difference between two copies was:

1.The difference in arrangement of Surah as Imam Ali's compiled copy of Quran began with Surah Alaq and Usamani compilation of Quran starts with Surah Hamd.

2. Imam Ali's compilation contained commentary about the subjects for which every Surah was revealed and time of revelation. But the Usmani compilation did not have that.

Summary:-

Both Quran are same but arrangment is different as I mentioned and second was commentary. So, never ever say that both were different as regards Surah's both have equal number of Surah or chapters and verses and nothing varied except mentioned above.  

• Advanced Member
53 minutes ago, DoJustice_LoveMercy said:

The Quran claims to be made plain, for all mankind, and fully explained.  If this is true, why is something other than the Quran needed to explain it?  Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying there should not be teachers of the Quran, but from an outside perspective, it seems the Hadith and scholars are used to add to Islam what the Quran left out

First of all Holy Quran says: And certainly we have made the Quran easy for remembrance, but is there anyone who will mind? 54:17.

This verse never says the Quran is easy for all human kind, if someone did not improve himself to reach to the ability of understanding and thinking how can he/she want to learn from Holy Quran? A child in age 3 or 4 how can he or she understand maths? We have to prepare background then understanding would be easy.

Secondly, Quran itself invited us to ask other(Ahlu albait) when you do not know: Ask people with memories if you do not know it already. 21:7

That clears Quran needs to explained by someone, who are they? The Quran says Holy prophet and Ahlul Albait, because Holy Quran says explaining is as a mission and responsibility for Holy prophet (PBUH): And we have revealed to you the Reminder that you may make clear to men what has been reavled to them. 16:44

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, certainclarity said:

From worldy examples we can say a complete medical book in English has all what is needed in medical sense, but still needs a professor to explain the book in english, as he has complete knowledge of what is written in it, but not the students, though it is English.

Astaghfirullah,sometimes you guys just go to the point that gets my goat. Only professor islam ever needs was Muhammad (sawaw),he has fulfilled the deen and has done his job ordered by his lord Allah (swt). More assistant professors are not needed. No offence,but making a statement such as yours just tells that you believe (astaghfirullah) Muhammad (sawaw) didnt explain the Quran properly (astaghfirullah). May Allah (swt) curse the accusers of Muhammad (sawaw) and those who inherently believe that he didn't fulfill his promise and those who believe the above mentioned in various other ways.

17 minutes ago, sunnilove2hussain said:

Astaghfirullah,sometimes you guys just go to the point that gets my goat. Only professor islam ever needs was Muhammad (sawaw),he has fulfilled the deen and has done his job ordered by his lord Allah (swt). More assistant professors are not needed. No offence,but making a statement such as yours just tells that you believe (astaghfirullah) Muhammad (sawaw) didnt explain the Quran properly (astaghfirullah). May Allah (swt) curse the accusers of Muhammad (sawaw) and those who inherently believe that he didn't fulfill his promise and those who believe the above mentioned in various other ways.

You did not understand my point.

The Quran has to explained by those who have received the Quran and Furqan.

I broke it down for an easier understanding for a non Muslim.

If a medical student needs a professor to explain what is an English text book, leave alone Quran, which is the book of God, which can only be explained by God to his chosen ones, to explain it for the rest of humanity.

The prophet had to explain the Arabic Quran, to Arabs, though the Quran is in Arabic.

Edited by certainclarity
34 minutes ago, sunnilove2hussain said:

Patience brother you are hasty in cursing people. He probably meant to say that Ahle bait a.s are expounders of Qur'an to which all sects of Islam agree that Prophet Muhammad ( SAAWW ) said to hold fast Quran and Ahle bait a.s for neither of them will be separated from the other to the extent that they reach river of Kauther in Jannah. It is written in not only in Shia books but also in Sahih hadith books of Sunni.Even in the time of caliphate only 12 imams were considered to be the commentator and expounders of Qur'an. They inherited the knowledge of Rasoolallah ( saaww ). And still today commentators emphasise more on the knowledge of 12 imams then Ashab-e-Rasoolallah ( saaww ) because every sect believed that they had close affiliation to Prophet ( pbuhhp ). 

asa,

allammah majalisi ra openly states this in his last book, haqqul yaqin, which was written in farsi and intended for the lay people. some ulama believe there are words missing from ayah, and numerous hadith mention that. so to say someone who believes this is kafir is incorrect. however if someone believes whole ayah or sura have been added or subtracted, than some ulama consider this kuff. I personally belive based on my knowledge of sarf quran, tasfir and hadith that the taharif is in tasfir not harf, but we shouldn't call this belief kuff, unless we are ready to do takfir on allammah majalisi.

9 minutes ago, allsayyidsareahlulbayt! said:

asa,

allammah majalisi ra openly states this in his last book, haqqul yaqin, which was written in farsi and intended for the lay people. some ulama believe there are words missing from ayah, and numerous hadith mention that. so to say someone who believes this is kafir is incorrect. however if someone believes whole ayah or sura have been added or subtracted, than some ulama consider this kuff. I personally belive based on my knowledge of sarf quran, tasfir and hadith that the taharif is in tasfir not harf, but we shouldn't call this belief kuff, unless we are ready to do takfir on allammah majalisi.

Agree with Allama hili Masha-Allah.

• Advanced Member
5 hours ago, DoJustice_LoveMercy said:

Every book needs an explanation including Shakespeare's plays. The Quran contains multiple metaphors and figurative language this is why it is best to have a guide when understanding such things but there are Qurans without explanations or tafsir.

11 hours ago, Enlightened Follower said:

Every book needs an explanation including Shakespeare's plays. The Quran contains multiple metaphors and figurative language this is why it is best to have a guide when understanding such things but there are Qurans without explanations or tafsir.

Expounders of Quran are Rasoolallah (PBUHHP) and Ahle-bait (A.S). Ulemas and scholars are narrators of their teachings and are not expounders. 

• Advanced Member
18 hours ago, Enlightened Follower said:

Every book needs an explanation

Sure, that makes sense, but it seems that there are vital aspects of Islam that are not in the Quran.  For example, the daily prayers....are those required to please God?  Are they in the Quran?  If they are required to please God and the Quran is complete (contains everything a person needs to know how to please God), then how is it complete?

9 minutes ago, DoJustice_LoveMercy said:

Sure, that makes sense, but it seems that there are vital aspects of Islam that are not in the Quran.  For example, the daily prayers....are those required to please God?  Are they in the Quran?  If they are required to please God and the Quran is complete (contains everything a person needs to know how to please God), then how is it complete?

Everything is mentioned but not all things have been mentioned in full detail. And for finding details about that Allah (SWT) has asked Muslims to learn from Prophet (PBUHHP) and that is why He says that if you really love Allah then obey the messenger (PBUHHP). And, prophet (PBUHHP) has mentioned everything for all Muslims.

• Advanced Member
14 minutes ago, Danish14 said:

Everything is mentioned but not all things have been mentioned in full detail. 

But the Quran also claims to be fully explained (6:114) and a detailed explanation of everything (12:111).  I understand the Quran says to follow Muhammad’s example, but Muhammad’s example is missing from the Quran.  That means a person must rely on the testimony of another man to describe Muhammad’s example and not God’s words, but which man should I believe and why should I believe them over someone else? 

13 minutes ago, DoJustice_LoveMercy said:

But the Quran also claims to be fully explained (6:114) and a detailed explanation of everything (12:111).  I understand the Quran says to follow Muhammad’s example, but Muhammad’s example is missing from the Quran.  That means a person must rely on the testimony of another man to describe Muhammad’s example and not God’s words, but which man should I believe and why should I believe them over someone else? 

Good question. 

1. Quran says that it is complete but in its verses it says that you should learn Quran from teachings of Prophet (PBUHHP) and that is why It says about Prophet PBUHHP to be sent with book and Wisdom. Quran also says that some of its verses are apparent and some of its are secret. it is due to this that if you do not have full understanding of a particular verse you shall have to learn it from Prophet (PBUHHP). Like it is said that establish prayer and pay the poor rate. So, here in Quran if everything was to be mentioned in entirety than you would have to keep a whole library but for the simplicity of human race God made it concise and comprehensive and in it he has mentioned to learn Quran from Prophet (PBUHHP).

2. The sayings of Holy Prophet (PBUHHP) is mentioned by two types of people. a) his family and b) his companion. Now, for verifying correct sayings there are many ways that includes credibility of the source, character of the narrator and his family names. This whole system is a separate subject which is known as "Ilmul Rijal". However, there is one most preliminary and precise method which is agreed upon all Muslims was mentioned by Prophet (PBUHHP), in his saying he says: "If you find any of the saying attributed to me, check it through Quran. If it is against Quran then tear it apart and if it is in agreement with the Quran then it is my saying". Secondly, there is another saying of Prophet which is both proved to be in agreement with the Quran and credible by the people in which it was said by the Holy Prophet: "I am leaving behind two worthy things among you, the Quran and my Ahle-bait. Stick together with them for they will never be apart while they meet me on the river of Kauther (a river in heaven)". The term Ahle bait was referred to ( Muhammad, Ali, Fatima, Hassan, Hussain, Ali ibn Hussain, Muhammad ibn Ali, Jafar ibn Muhammad, Musa ibn Jafar, Ali ibn Musa, Muhammad ibn Ali, Ali ibn Muhammad, Hassan ibn Ali, Imam Mehdi a.s). These are 14 infallible and are agreed upon all Muslims to be so and none among Muslims deny their being honest, truthful and infallible. These Ahle bait are responsible for teaching the meaning of Quran to human beings. But since there sayings are also recorded in books by various people, they also have to be verified under the subject of "Ilmul Rijal". The reason of this is that there were many hypocrites who might have used their name to propagate any wrong information about their name. It is due to this that a full research is carried out by Scholars to finally validating the truthfulness of sayings. But, as I mentioned earlier Quran is the first test for the verification of those sayings also. 

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Danish14 said:

The term Ahle bait was referred to ( Muhammad, Ali, Fatima, Hassan, Hussain, Ali ibn Hussain, Muhammad ibn Ali, Jafar ibn Muhammad, Musa ibn Jafar, Ali ibn Musa, Muhammad ibn Ali, Ali ibn Muhammad, Hassan ibn Ali, Imam Mehdi a.s). These are 14 infallible and are agreed upon all Muslims to be so and none among Muslims deny their being honest, truthful and infallible.

Are these narrations/teachings available online and in English?  If so, could you give me the link?  Also, the Sunni's have their own Hadith science and sources (Bukhari, Muslim, etc).  Is Bukhari authentic too?

asa,

yes many of the hadith books such as kafi, illaush shari, mahassain, basar darjat etc. have been translated at www.hubeali.com

shiatoolkit or shiahtoolkit app has quran, dua, ziyarah, and 5,000 plus English resources free.

bukhari.

as a whole is filled with weak unrepairable, weak repairable with emirah or qareena hadith, as well as mny gharib or stange hadith, and mawdul or   fabricated hadith.

the ahlul sunnah have abandoned islam because the abandoned the awaliya, and living guardians of the quran.

rasul Allah sawa sas " the jews would divide into 71 sects, the christains into 72, then his face grew long and sad, and he said ya Allah ya Allah this community would divide into 73 sects, and all would perish save one"

imam sadiq as elaborated " this ummah would divide into 73 sects, 60 would be againist us, 13 would claim love for us. 12 would be liars and one would be truthful, and they would obtain salavation and deliverance "

57 minutes ago, DoJustice_LoveMercy said:

Are these narrations/teachings available online and in English?  If so, could you give me the link?  Also, the Sunni's have their own Hadith science and sources (Bukhari, Muslim, etc).  Is Bukhari authentic too?

There are plenty of sites to name few of most famous ones are:

1. http://www.al-islam.org

2. http://www.islamic-laws.com

3. http://www.islamicmobility.com

We the twrlever shia sect believe that no any hadith book is entirely authentic because Prophet Muhammad ( SAAWW ) himself told us that if you find any saying to be against Quran, it is not from me so you should tear it apart. It shows that since the time of Prophet Muhammad ( pbuhhp ) there were fabricators due to which prophet (pbuhhp ) said so. And, on behalf of this hadith we do not consider Sahih Bukhari to be completely authentic because there were many hadith reported from Sahih bukhari which were considered to be not credible. But there are also many hadith which are found to be credible upon which all sects agree. 

• Advanced Member
24 minutes ago, allsayyidsareahlulbayt! said:

www.hubeali.com

Thank you for the web link.  I’ll check it out.

24 minutes ago, allsayyidsareahlulbayt! said:

bukhari.

as a whole is filled with weak unrepairable, weak repairable with emirah or qareena hadith, as well as mny gharib or stange hadith, and mawdul or   fabricated hadith.

Bukhari is considered the most authentic Hadith collector by the Sunni’s, yet you disagree.  I assume the majority of Shia’s agree with you, but then this leads me back to my question….how am I to know which men to listen to?  If the Quran were complete as it claims to be, you wouldn’t be dependent upon man’s words, but would follow God’s words alone.

6 minutes ago, DoJustice_LoveMercy said:

Thank you for the web link.  I’ll check it out.

Bukhari is considered the most authentic Hadith collector by the Sunni’s, yet you disagree.  I assume the majority of Shia’s agree with you, but then this leads me back to my question….how am I to know which men to listen to?  If the Quran were complete as it claims to be, you wouldn’t be dependent upon man’s words, but would follow God’s words alone.

God say in the Qur'an ask the most learned and whole Islam agree that Prophet and his 12 successors were most learned so you should go to that side where you find them. 

• Advanced Member
On 5/11/2016 at 0:22 PM, DoJustice_LoveMercy said:

That is like saying how come you have to know basic mathematics concepts before understanding Isaac Newtons Laws therefore, they are incomplete. Just because something requires an elaboration does not necessarily make it incomplete.