Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Effect of trials and suffering

Rate this topic

wsalam , and to be honest the trials and tribulations I went through and still going through till this day , I feel as though it was my fault and because of my weakness to resist , let me explain ; when I was a child something happened with me that shaped the way I feel and react to certain things , at the time this incident happened it was all innocent fun and games so their was no issue since it was pre puberty , but even as a child I felt as though their was something wrong in the deed I was doing and I had a gut feeling that I wouldn't want my mum or dad to know about this and I kind of felt ashamed about it as well , but anyway the first time this thing happened I was caught of guard and it was a new sensation a feeling I didn't understand but it positively sank to the bottom of my heart and at that time it felt really pure and beautiful and it made me happy . but the problem arose  once I started getting older and what was once an innocent act started progressing and transforming in it's nature and I started realizing that according to my faith I am not allowed to do this , but it was too late I had already indulged in it so much that it became part of my nature and even though I wanted to stop I couldn't because my resistance against it was so weak because I had been exposed to it as a child so it was harder to overcome this obstacle , It had taken a lot out of me and at times I used to cry and beg to God to please forgive me and to heal me from this problem of mine since I knew it was wrong but I just didn't have the strength to overcome it , In essence I became a habitual sinner , like at times I wouldn't even be tempted to commit this sin but what would happen is that I would do it just for the sake of doing it which was extremely dangerous for my soul , I had completely let my self go , I was in ruins and my sense of direction was disappearing and I could feel the light in my heart fading away , To cut a long story short I met someone and may Allah swt bless them forever,  and because of their light I was able to overcome many of my own demons and my purpose in life had been restored , and in a way I felt reborn and pure again , I'm so sorry for writing such a long essay I just wanted to share my feelings with all of my friends here on shia chat and to tell them to not ever lose hope in the mercy of Allah swt and even at those times when you feel the light has vanished from your heart remember that God can rekindle it in an instant , isn't God the one who says , " Be and it will be" ? And also zainabamy don't let the emotional scars distress you, because indeed they are signs that you have struggled and that you have come out on top each and every time no matter what satan tried to do to you , your lord was never negligent of you , he has protected you with the shroud of light from his eternal stream of mercy and inshallah the light will continue guiding you , Always remember that the past is history , and the future is a mystery , but today is a gift that is why it is called the present :) , may Allah swt bless all of you and keep your hearts firm on his path , allahuma saliallah Muhammad wa ahle Muhammad wa ajil farajahoom

• Advanced Member

Allah loves us so he tests us...trials make us more prepared for the future....what doesnt kill you makes you stronger....and if you fall you get up....we are tested in this world to make us ready for on the day of judgement....Allah would not put his creatures in a bad situation if he doesnt love us....god tested his prophets and imams and they went through severe hardships...look at imam hussain and his companions and the women....all this was a test and Allah loved imam hussain so much he wanted the imam to get killed he wanted to see the women become imprisoned...know that the more Allah loves you the more hardships your gonna go through

• Advanced Member

There are 2 things I recently came across, wanted to share here, hope it helps:

1) Sabr= Patience: Whatever happened you accepted it, did not react. But somewhere in your heart there was this feeling O God why did it happen to me.

2) Raza= You are totally at peace with what happened. This occur because of your complete 100% trust in this fact: Whatever happens is Allah's act, and Allah's act is the best act (its an urdu saying). I know its very difficult to let go of things. There are some events or people in this world which we never want to let go. Although everything is past, we still burn in that hell. My humble advice is to try to LET GO. You will achieve peace. Complete inner peace. All those emotional scars you talked about raise conflict inside you, those conflicts become a means by which shaitan misguides you. So sister just let go and become Razi: Whatever happened, for whatever reason was under God' Command, its best for you, maybe you dont know today, but who knows after 10 years you look back and realize the biggest lesson of your life came from this particular event.

Iltamas e dua

• Advanced Member

As long as we have done what is needed to please Allah everything that happens us is good for us even if we can not understand. Allah can certainly heal every wound, pray for others what you want Allah to do for you.

Most of the trials in this world is for us to be humbled and have soft hearts. With humble spirits and soft hearts, true beauty in patience, resolve, and strength with that, shines in a way that it's suppose to.

When we call out to God in love of him after facing trials of this world,  and have tears of love towards him, it's a different type strength. 

The strength that of this type is built on emotional scars often. 

• Veteran Member

An important matter we should comprehend is that we can't change the world outside, rather we must change the world inside (alame akbar: the greater universe).

Trials are inevitable, especially when you are a Mummin. We must face it. What we can change is our attitude and stance towards these problems. We can reach a level, in this very world, that no of the problems can affect us. Even these trials may become enjoyable, when we can see the reasons behind them.

The problem with us and the root of our fears in this world is that we still like this world and its attractions. The fears remain, as long as our attachment to the worldly matters exist. And, the fears vanish, as soon as we don't fear anything and anybody but Allah, this fear is actually the immunity itself.

Through problems, ordeals, failures and sufferings, Allah wants to tell us: This world isn't yours. It doesn't deserve you. I have something much better than that for you. I want you to reach something more enjoyable, real and immortal. However, it's somewhat hidden.

These trials and sufferings have message for us and are the necessity of the path to reach immunity and tranquility, if we take these opportunities.

If only you all knew Persian:

http://www.rajanews.com/news/204249