Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Did Nakshwani change his views on RasulAllah (s) having only one biological daughter?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Disclaimer: I really love  Sayed Ammar Nakshwani, May God Bless him, I really benefit from his lecture and wisdom.  That being said, I made this thread not to attack the Sayed, but to try to comprehend what message he is getting across. And I feel that others more knowledgeable than me can interpret his message better than myself.

In 2007 in his lecture on examining Surah Al Kawthar,  Sayed concludes that RasulAllah (S) only had one daughter and he gives supporting reasons by it and calls the other 3  step daughters.   Begin at  24:56 to for  him  to talk about the death of  RasullAllah's sons and what people mocked him and then  a minute a half later he answers the question is Fatima (as) the only daughter?  

Then  few years later, someone uploads   The Sayed doing Q& A with a television host. A caller asks how many daughters and this time, he his conclusion is not definite as the the one in 2007. Now he defends the other side.  Another caller than debates him  yet again on the issue in the same video. The second caller asks him So your saying the PRophet (s) married his daughters to Abu Lahb's sons the kafirs. And Nakshwani responds that it was Abu Lahab who divorced  his sons from the daughters  of RasulAllah, upon  Lahabs sons having the message of Islam.  But then Nakshwani  questions the caller why does it take Khadija take 25 years to give birth to Fatima (as).  In 2007 Nakshwani stated that Noor  enjoined with Noor. Meaning that Ali (as) and Fatima(as) two lights that joined.  And I know from his other lectures, Nakshwani mentioned a narration that said  had  Ali(as) not been created, there would be no equal to Fatima (as).  He states in this q&a that he has given equal arguments  for one daughter  or  for the stance of four. Why  is he  suddenly defending the four daughters idea and if Khadija is one of the four ladies of Heaven, and RasulAllah (s) is t Allah's best creation, then  his supposedly other daughters didn't get their equal in marriage as their sister Fatima (as)?  So is Nakshwani  now trying to tell us the number of daughters of RAsullah is inconclusive?

First Caller  Start at 42:10
Second Caller Start at 1:20:52

Edited by Miss Wonderful
  • Veteran Member

He changed his views on some other things, such as the age of Aisha when she married the Prophet (s), but I'm not sure he has changed his views on the Prophet (s) having four daughters, unfortunately. If he has, then that's good, but I think he should be a bit more honest, and admit that his views have changed, which he is not in the habit of doing.

• Advanced Member
12 minutes ago, Haydar Husayn said:

He changed his views on some other things, such as the age of Aisha when she married the Prophet (s), but I'm not sure he has changed his views on the Prophet (s) having four daughters, unfortunately. If he has, then that's good, but I think he should be a bit more honest, and admit that his views have changed, which he is not in the habit of doing.

I don't want to accuse him of changing his personal belief on the issue, but in 2007 he was so definite about the issue, and now he in the Q and A he gives reasons for both arguments, but he seems to defend the four daughter theory more. So do you think he is telling viewers that this issue is inconclusive or is he hinting for viewers to choose a certain side on this topic ?

Edited by Miss Wonderful
  • Advanced Member
3 minutes ago, Miss Wonderful said:

I don't want to accuse him of changing his personal belief on the issue, but in 2007 he was so definite about the issue, and now he in the Q and A he gives reasons for both arguments, but he seems to defend the four daughter theory more. So do you think he is telling viewers that this issue is inconclusive or is he hinting for viewers to choose a certain side?

I think he's saying that the issue is inconclusive. There are good arguments for both Fatima (sa) being the only daughter and for her having sisters and maybe by the later interview through his own research had decided this.

He's a great guy and I believe he is trustworthy. 

• Veteran Member
4 minutes ago, Miss Wonderful said:

I don't want to accuse him of changing his personal belief on the issue, but in 2007 he was so definite about the issue, and now he in the Q and A he gives reasons for both arguments, but he seems to defend the four daughter theory more. So do you think he is telling viewers that this issue is inconclusive or is he hinting for viewers to choose a certain side on this topic ?

My impression is that he isn't very careful with his research, and this was even more of a problem when he was younger. As a consequence, it's not a surprise that he is forced to contradict a lot of things that he has previously said. Whether this is the case here or not, I don't know, but either way I don't think it's anything to worry about.

• Advanced Member
6 minutes ago, zainabamy said:

I think he's saying that the issue is inconclusive. There are good arguments for both Fatima (sa) being the only daughter and for her having sisters and maybe by the later interview through his own research had decided this.

He's a great guy and I believe he is trustworthy. 

Yes he is a wonderful lecturer and I truly learned so much from him. But I just want to know if your father is the perfect creation and your mother is  one of the four women in heaven, then why did his other daughters get married to average men who weren't born Muslims.  As in them believing iin one God all their life. I know  Prophet Muhammad Pbuh announced Islam after, but Khadija always all her life never worshiped idols. Nor did abu Talib they were both of the Abhramic faith. So would not the  other daughters get someone like Ali (as)? 

Edited by Miss Wonderful
  • Advanced Member
6 minutes ago, Miss Wonderful said:

Yes he is a wonderful lecturer and I truly learned so much from him. But I just want to know if your father is the perfect creation and your mother is  one of the four women in heaven, then why did his other daughters get married to average men who weren't born Muslims.  As in them believing iin one God all their life. I know  Prophet Muhammad Pbuh announced Islam after, but Khadija always all her life never worshiped idols. Nor did abu Talib they were both of the Abhramic faith. So would not the  other daughters get someone like Ali (as)? 

Maybe you should contact him. I emailed him a while ago with an issue and he responded promptly. :) 

• Advanced Member
7 minutes ago, Haydar Husayn said:

My impression is that he isn't very careful with his research, and this was even more of a problem when he was younger. As a consequence, it's not a surprise that he is forced to contradict a lot of things that he has previously said. Whether this is the case here or not, I don't know, but either way I don't think it's anything to worry about.

I do know the videos about Aisha's age,  which I dont think is that significant,  I look at this one optimistically  because now we have reasons to support why she couldve been 9 or 13. But  has he made contradictions on any big issues that hold a lot of significance  to the history of Shia Islam? As in a contradiction that would  alter the history?

• Veteran Member
4 minutes ago, Miss Wonderful said:

I do know the videos about Aisha's age,  which I dont think is that significant,  I look at this one optimistically  because now we have reasons to support why she couldve been 9 or 13. But  has he made contradictions on any big issues that hold a lot of significance  to the history of Shia Islam? As in a contradiction that would  alter the history?

No, not to my knowledge. And if he did, he certainly wouldn't voice them in public. Mostly, I think he just used to deliver lectures based on the standard polemical material that everyone knows about (Then I Was Guided, etc), and now reads more sophisticated sources (or gets his information from people who read more sophisticated sources), and consequently he has changed his views on some minor things that never really mattered that much anyway, but that some Shias like to make a big deal about (age of Aisha, four daughters, etc). Part of it may be that he needs new material (there is only so many times you can keep repeating the same stuff), and partly he probably wants to appear 'edgy' by going against some common views. However, I don't see why he would change his views on anything important, and if he did he wouldn't endanger his means of income by voicing them in a lecture.

Anyway, the sooner young Shias stop using him as a reference on Islamic history, the better.

• Advanced Member

@Haydar Husayn  Thank you for being informative   and Nakshwani May Allah Bless him is quite a break through  with his informative lectures and use of the English language for those who are are not fluent in Arabic. But you are right some people make issues like age and daughters a big deal. It's only when people  that claim its  bidah or insulting the Prophet pbuh if I   don't readily accept one side of an insignificant debatable  detailed piece of history  is when I get bothered. I think Everyone should just say Allah knows best when it comes to these small insignificant details and  choose the side where  the PRophet and his family are  shown in the  best way possible that doesnt contradict with the Quran, the prophets  pure characteristics or the characteristics of his ahlulbayt because he is the perfect creation of Allah SWt. Because if you have an intention like this on a debatable small piece of history then I dont think Allah SWT will  punish you on something insignificant that even the historians and scholars within the same sect are still undecided on. OR just admit to not knowing and saying Allah knows Best.

Edited by Miss Wonderful
  • Advanced Member

Sayed Ammar was the one who got me to think about my faith and study it in the first place, and I'm grateful for the work he's done because of that.

That said, if he does change his views I think he should voice them openly and make it apparent rather than keeping it to himself for whatever reason (probably because it would undermine the mainstream Shi'a views).

And I agree with bro Haydar that he should stop being used as a reference point for discussions, especially those regarding jurisprudence and philosophy. I think where he really shines his lectures that are history-centred, since he his, by qualification, a historian. 

• Veteran Member

He shines as a speaker: the use of English, a simple language and communication skills, his looks, etc. He's closer to the general youth public, and I think that's a good point in his favour. The fact he replies an email promptly should be a sign that communication is his strength.

I have no real sympathy for him, but I understand people like him are required and thus he should be taken as a reference by other speakers. Regarding knowledge of philosophy, history, etc., there are other references to whom he can't even compare himself. But those references may not be seen as interedting or even popular to the shia youth in the West. I don't know how the rest of the Western countries are, but we honestly have developed here an aversion towards anyone who looks older than 45 years, barely speaks English, exclusively talks about politics in the ME and only takes people of his age seriously.

• Veteran Member
6 hours ago, Althaqalayn12 said:

We shia don't claim that they are his daughters, because there is no strong proof...most of our ahadith say they were daughters of hala, the sister of khadija who the prophet took into his house after their mom passed away

Produce one hadith that says that.

• Advanced Member

What the hell is this story from al-islam.org

http://www.al-islam.org/hayat-al-qulub-vol-2-allamah-muhammad-baqir-al-majlisi/account-prophet-s-children

So the Prophe Pbuh wouldn't listen to  his supposed daughter  and just tell her observe modesty after being hit with a stick and badly injured? This would totally contradict the Prophet's qualities The four daughters theory just doesnt add up..........

When Uthman came to know about the killing of Mughairah, he came to his wife, the daughter of the Prophet and asked: “Did you inform your father that Mughairah was concealed in my house? He has been killed finally. The poor lady said that she has not informed the Prophet, but Uthman did not believe. He took a stick and beat her so much that she was badly injured.

She sent to her respected father, a complaint against Uthman and explained her circumstances. The Holy Prophet (S) told her to observe modesty as it was very humiliating that a lady of good religion and lineage should complain about her husband. But she had to make similar complaints a number of times and each time the Holy Prophet (S) consoled her in the same manner. At last she sent message that Uthman has almost killed me.

This time the Holy Prophet (S) called for His Eminence, Ali (a.s.) and said: “Take your sword and bring your cousin from the house of Uthman and if he restrains you, you can eliminate him. The Prophet also followed Imam Ali (a.s.) and he was filled with grief. When the Holy Prophet (S) came to Uthman’s place, Amirul Momineen (a.s.) had brought her out. When she saw her father, she began to weep aloud.

The Prophet also wept much on seeing her condition and then he brought her home. On reaching home she displayed her back to the Holy Prophet (S). It was badly injured. He said thrice: “Why did he beat you, may Allah kill him.” All this happened on a Sunday. When night fell, Uthman committed fornication with a slave girl while the Prophet’s daughter remained in pain for two days and then died on Wednesday. All attended the funeral prayer.

The Holy Prophet (S) came out with her bier and ordered Lady Fatima to accompany the bier with the ladies for believers. And Uthman also joined the funeral. When the Holy Prophet (S) saw him, he said: “One who has slept with the slave girl last night may not walk with the bier.” The Prophet repeated this statement thrice, but Uthman didn’t turn back. On the fourth time the Holy Prophet (S) said: “That person should go away or I will announce his and his father’s name and expose him among the people.”

Uthman was afraid that the Holy Prophet (S) would expose his hypocrisy and infidelity. So taking the support of a slave he caught his belly and said to the Prophet: “O Prophet, please excuse me, as I am having a ache in my belly. Please allow me to go home.” He said this in order to make sure that he is not exposed. After that he went away. And Lady Fatima Zahra (s.a.) and believer ladies recited the funeral prayer of the oppressed and martyred daughter of the Prophet and returned.

Edited by Miss Wonderful
  • Veteran Member
20 minutes ago, Miss Wonderful said:

What the hell is this story from al-islam.org

http://www.al-islam.org/hayat-al-qulub-vol-2-allamah-muhammad-baqir-al-majlisi/account-prophet-s-children

So the Prophe Pbuh wouldn't listen to  his supposed daughter  and just tell her observe modesty after being hit with a stick and badly injured? This would totally contradict the Prophet's qualities The four daughters theory just doesnt add up..........

When Uthman came to know about the killing of Mughairah, he came to his wife, the daughter of the Prophet and asked: “Did you inform your father that Mughairah was concealed in my house? He has been killed finally. The poor lady said that she has not informed the Prophet, but Uthman did not believe. He took a stick and beat her so much that she was badly injured.

She sent to her respected father, a complaint against Uthman and explained her circumstances. The Holy Prophet (S) told her to observe modesty as it was very humiliating that a lady of good religion and lineage should complain about her husband. But she had to make similar complaints a number of times and each time the Holy Prophet (S) consoled her in the same manner. At last she sent message that Uthman has almost killed me.

This time the Holy Prophet (S) called for His Eminence, Ali (a.s.) and said: “Take your sword and bring your cousin from the house of Uthman and if he restrains you, you can eliminate him. The Prophet also followed Imam Ali (a.s.) and he was filled with grief. When the Holy Prophet (S) came to Uthman’s place, Amirul Momineen (a.s.) had brought her out. When she saw her father, she began to weep aloud.

The Prophet also wept much on seeing her condition and then he brought her home. On reaching home she displayed her back to the Holy Prophet (S). It was badly injured. He said thrice: “Why did he beat you, may Allah kill him.” All this happened on a Sunday. When night fell, Uthman committed fornication with a slave girl while the Prophet’s daughter remained in pain for two days and then died on Wednesday. All attended the funeral prayer.

The Holy Prophet (S) came out with her bier and ordered Lady Fatima to accompany the bier with the ladies for believers. And Uthman also joined the funeral. When the Holy Prophet (S) saw him, he said: “One who has slept with the slave girl last night may not walk with the bier.” The Prophet repeated this statement thrice, but Uthman didn’t turn back. On the fourth time the Holy Prophet (S) said: “That person should go away or I will announce his and his father’s name and expose him among the people.”

Uthman was afraid that the Holy Prophet (S) would expose his hypocrisy and infidelity. So taking the support of a slave he caught his belly and said to the Prophet: “O Prophet, please excuse me, as I am having a ache in my belly. Please allow me to go home.” He said this in order to make sure that he is not exposed. After that he went away. And Lady Fatima Zahra (s.a.) and believer ladies recited the funeral prayer of the oppressed and martyred daughter of the Prophet and returned.

Hayat al-Qulub volume two was perhaps the most ludicrous book that I have ever read. If this story was true, why would 'Uthman still have occupied such a prominent role among the Muslims? Surely the anger of the Prophet (s) towards him would have been known. This story also has other issues, such as why would a murder go unpunished, is that Islam? Sleeping with your own slave isn't fornication, but lets say that it was in this situation, why did it go unpunished? Someone kills your daughter, and commits such an act, and isn't punished for it?

Where is the logic?

• Advanced Member
58 minutes ago, Ali_Hussain said:

Hayat al-Qulub volume two was perhaps the most ludicrous book that I have ever read. If this story was true, why would 'Uthman still have occupied such a prominent role among the Muslims? Surely the anger of the Prophet (s) towards him would have been known. This story also has other issues, such as why would a murder go unpunished, is that Islam? Sleeping with your own slave isn't fornication, but lets say that it was in this situation, why did it go unpunished? Someone kills your daughter, and commits such an act, and isn't punished for it?

Where is the logic?

That's what I want to know! Why did Al-Islam bother even putting this story up there! Sounds nothing like the Prophet (pbuh) A site that wants to preserve the true life of the Prophet (s) shouldnt add this nonesense in.

Edited by Miss Wonderful
  • Veteran Member

He's a great classical scholar yet that doesn't translate in a realiable work. There is more to it, and thus any work from al-Majlisi should be read carefully (keep in mind his era wasn't the most favourable for the production of his work). His works don't come with instructions sadly xD!

• Basic Members

Dear people , not because somewone talk in a attractive way that everything he say is correct and truth, u listen to somewone only because he talk in a attractive manner instead of opening books of real acholars ? Is it only because you people became too lazy to open books from true and reconised scholars or because you like intertainment?

• Forum Administrators

Four daughters was the position of the third safir of the Mahdi (as), the position of classical scholars like Shaykh al-Mufeed, and the position of modern historians like Ja`far Subhani. It can't just be dismissed, and people who change their minds on this issue should openly say so, in order to get rid of the taboo in our community.

Fatima (as) is the only special daughter - she is the Mistress of the Women of the Worlds, infallible, a member of Ahl al-Kisa', the only daughter with continual descendants, and the inheritor of the Prophet (pbuh). She was spoken to by the angels, and the 11 Imams come from her. The other children died young, without continual descendants, without any Imam children - they were otherwise probably virtuous.

14 hours ago, Ali_Hussain said:

Produce one hadith that says that.

I gave you a book that's made especially for this topic but you know what You said to me?  let me remind you:"You expect me to read a 130 page book?" <--and you still talk? lol. Besides like I said that Quranic verse doesn't say daughters, it says girls and NOT. a single shia tafsir book says it means daughter...making stuff up aye? If not, tell me what shia tafsir book says that?

http://www.aqaed.com/book/108/  <-Read. Or else don't divert people away from the truth.

Edited by Althaqalayn12
  • Veteran Member
12 hours ago, Althaqalayn12 said:

I gave you a book that's made especially for this topic but you know what You said to me?  let me remind you:"You expect me to read a 130 page book?" <--and you still talk? lol. Besides like I said that Quranic verse doesn't say daughters, it says girls and NOT. a single shia tafsir book says it means daughter...making stuff up aye? If not, tell me what shia tafsir book says that?

http://www.aqaed.com/book/108/  <-Read. Or else don't divert people away from the truth.

I'm going to show you some of the problems with your moral and academic integrity, I hope that others read this and take note that you are a deceptive ignorant liar.

You accused another brother of fabricating narrations, even though the Arabic as well as the source was provided, you didn't go to the book, which would have taken two seconds on google, to prove what you were saying, you just went straight for the slander.

In a previous discussion, you provided a book that you know full well doesn't contain even one narration that says that there was only one biological daughter, and then in this thread you claim:

We shia don't claim that they are his daughters, because there is no strong proof...most of our ahadith say they were daughters of hala, the sister of khadija who the prophet took into his house after their mom passed away

Do you not see the total hypocrisy? You accuse someone of fabricating narration, but you have no problem claiming that there are multiple narrations that you know full well don't exist.

You then go on to make the ludicrous claim that the Qur'an verse (33:59) is talking about "girls" and not daughters.

يَا أَيُّهَا النَّبِيُّ قُل لِّأَزْوَاجِكَ وَبَنَاتِكَ وَنِسَاءِ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ يُدْنِينَ عَلَيْهِنَّ مِن جَلَابِيبِهِنَّ ۚ ذَٰلِكَ أَدْنَىٰ أَن يُعْرَ‌فْنَ فَلَا يُؤْذَيْنَ ۗ وَكَانَ اللَّـهُ غَفُورً‌ا رَّ‌حِيمًا

This is how the translators of the Qur'an have understood it:

Sahih International: O Prophet, tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to bring down over themselves [part] of their outer garments. That is more suitable that they will be known and not be abused. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful.

Pickthall: O Prophet! Tell thy wives and thy daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks close round them (when they go abroad). That will be better, so that they may be recognised and not annoyed. Allah is ever Forgiving, Merciful.

Yusuf Ali: O Prophet! Tell thy wives and daughters, and the believing women, that they should cast their outer garments over their persons (when abroad): that is most convenient, that they should be known (as such) and not molested. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

Shakir: O Prophet! say to your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers that they let down upon them their over-garments; this will be more proper, that they may be known, and thus they will not be given trouble; and Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

Muhammad Sarwar: Prophet, tell your wives, daughters, and the wives of the believers to cover their bosoms and breasts. This will make them distinguishable from others and protect them from being annoyed. God is All-forgiving and All-merciful.

Mohsin Khan: O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils) all over their bodies (i.e.screen themselves completely except the eyes or one eye to see the way). That will be better, that they should be known (as free respectable women) so as not to be annoyed. And Allah is Ever Oft­Forgiving, Most Merciful.

http://corpus.quran.com/translation.jsp?chapter=33&verse=59

The Shi'a translators have also translated "banaat" as 'daughters'

Sarwar: Prophet, tell your wives, daughters, and the wives of the believers to cover their bosoms and breasts. This will make them distinguishable from others and protect them from being annoyed. God is All-forgiving and All-merciful.

Qara'i: O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the faithful to draw closely over themselves their chadors [when going out]. That makes it likely for them to be recognized and not be troubled, and Allah is all-forgiving, all-merciful.

http://tanzil.net/#33:59

Banaat (بنات) is the plural of bint (بنت)

Here are multiple dictionary definitions:

http://ejtaal.net/aa/#hw4=106,ll=295,ls=5,la=358,sg=163,ha=65,pr=28,vi=85,mgf=121,mr=89,mn=110,aan=83,kz=176,ulq=410,uqa=60,uqw=184,umr=142,ums=103,umj=83,uqq=37,bdw=122,amr=78,asb=77,auh=229,dhq=66,mht=60,msb=32,tla=32,amj=70,ens=200,mis=2209

Although, I'm not sure why that would be necessary, as everyone knows that when you say Fulana bint Fulan, you are saying Fulana daughter of Fulan, and not referring to her being his "girl" in the sense that they are not related.

We don't need to have a narration to tell us that 'banaat' means 'daughters' and not "girls" because the linguistical meaning is clear, as shown above, furthermore, your definition doesn't make any sense, who are these "girls" ? General girls? Are they baligha or not? Is hijab mandatory for them? Why are they not included in the "women of the believers " ?

You should just accept that there is ikhtilaf on this issue and move on, are you not embarrassed to come out with such a load of completed nonsense?

Edited by Ali_Hussain
4 hours ago, Ali_Hussain said:

I'm going to show you some of the problems with your moral and academic integrity, I hope that others read this and take note that you are a deceptive ignorant liar.

You accused another brother of fabricating narrations, even though the Arabic as well as the source was provided, you didn't go to the book, which would have taken two seconds on google, to prove what you were saying, you just went straight for the slander.

In a previous discussion, you provided a book that you know full well doesn't contain even one narration that says that there was only one biological daughter, and then in this thread you claim:

Do you not see the total hypocrisy? You accuse someone of fabricating narration, but you have no problem claiming that there are multiple narrations that you know full well don't exist.

You then go on to make the ludicrous claim that the Qur'an verse (33:59) is talking about "girls" and not daughters.

يَا أَيُّهَا النَّبِيُّ قُل لِّأَزْوَاجِكَ وَبَنَاتِكَ وَنِسَاءِ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ يُدْنِينَ عَلَيْهِنَّ مِن جَلَابِيبِهِنَّ ۚ ذَٰلِكَ أَدْنَىٰ أَن يُعْرَ‌فْنَ فَلَا يُؤْذَيْنَ ۗ وَكَانَ اللَّـهُ غَفُورً‌ا رَّ‌حِيمًا

This is how the translators of the Qur'an have understood it:

Sahih International: O Prophet, tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to bring down over themselves [part] of their outer garments. That is more suitable that they will be known and not be abused. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful.

Pickthall: O Prophet! Tell thy wives and thy daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks close round them (when they go abroad). That will be better, so that they may be recognised and not annoyed. Allah is ever Forgiving, Merciful.

Yusuf Ali: O Prophet! Tell thy wives and daughters, and the believing women, that they should cast their outer garments over their persons (when abroad): that is most convenient, that they should be known (as such) and not molested. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

Shakir: O Prophet! say to your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers that they let down upon them their over-garments; this will be more proper, that they may be known, and thus they will not be given trouble; and Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

Muhammad Sarwar: Prophet, tell your wives, daughters, and the wives of the believers to cover their bosoms and breasts. This will make them distinguishable from others and protect them from being annoyed. God is All-forgiving and All-merciful.

Mohsin Khan: O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils) all over their bodies (i.e.screen themselves completely except the eyes or one eye to see the way). That will be better, that they should be known (as free respectable women) so as not to be annoyed. And Allah is Ever Oft­Forgiving, Most Merciful.

http://corpus.quran.com/translation.jsp?chapter=33&verse=59

The Shi'a translators have also translated "banaat" as 'daughters'

Sarwar: Prophet, tell your wives, daughters, and the wives of the believers to cover their bosoms and breasts. This will make them distinguishable from others and protect them from being annoyed. God is All-forgiving and All-merciful.

Qara'i: O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the faithful to draw closely over themselves their chadors [when going out]. That makes it likely for them to be recognized and not be troubled, and Allah is all-forgiving, all-merciful.

http://tanzil.net/#33:59

Banaat (بنات) is the plural of bint (بنت)

Here are multiple dictionary definitions:

http://ejtaal.net/aa/#hw4=106,ll=295,ls=5,la=358,sg=163,ha=65,pr=28,vi=85,mgf=121,mr=89,mn=110,aan=83,kz=176,ulq=410,uqa=60,uqw=184,umr=142,ums=103,umj=83,uqq=37,bdw=122,amr=78,asb=77,auh=229,dhq=66,mht=60,msb=32,tla=32,amj=70,ens=200,mis=2209

Although, I'm not sure why that would be necessary, as everyone knows that when you say Fulana bint Fulan, you are saying Fulana daughter of Fulan, and not referring to her being his "girl" in the sense that they are not related.

We don't need to have a narration to tell us that 'banaat' means 'daughters' and not "girls" because the linguistical meaning is clear, as shown above, furthermore, your definition doesn't make any sense, who are these "girls" ? General girls? Are they baligha or not? Is hijab mandatory for them? Why are they not included in the "women of the believers " ?

You should just accept that there is ikhtilaf on this issue and move on, are you not embarrassed to come out with such a load of completed nonsense?

Accept the Ikhtilaf? Because you realized you have no sources..Also you are ignorant, I asked you for a shiite tafseer you give me an english translation LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL go figure out the difference between a transaltion and a tafsir :pushup2::hahaha::cool::grin::clap:You are so desperate you are making things up to suit your side...and you still got the guts to talk?!?!  Anyways let me crush you. Should have read the book I gave you yasir habibi and spared yourself the embarrassment.

===========================================================================================

فَمَنْ حَاجَّكَ فِيهِ مِن بَعْدِ مَا جَاءَكَ مِنَ الْعِلْمِ فَقُلْ تَعَالَوْا نَدْعُ أَبْنَاءَنَا وَأَبْنَاءَكُمْ وَنِسَاءَنَا وَنِسَاءَكُمْ وَأَنفُسَنَا وَأَنفُسَكُمْ ثُمَّ نَبْتَهِلْ فَنَجْعَل لَّعْنَتَ اللَّهِ عَلَى الْكَاذِبِينَ

So in the verse above it said, "let us call OUR WOMEN and your women". In case you haven't known yet, this is the mubahala verse between the christians and our beloved prophet s.a.a.w.w. where he took Imam Ali a.s., Imam Hassan a.s., Imam Hussain a.s. and Fatima a.s. My question to YOU is, the prophet a.s.a.w.w. took only one female with him, his daughter a.s. EVEN though the verse said OUR WOMEN which is plural, a group of women not singular, but the prophet took only Fatima a.s.? You need a whole a lot of reading....defiantly more than 130 pages book. Now run away with your tail between your legs to that undercover wahabi "shiite" friend of yours LOLLLLL! 

edit:

Sahih International is Wahabi

Yusuf Ali is a sunni.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You got the best sources on earth LOL! You just lost that little respect that I had for an akhbari whose a yari and yasir habib follower...You amusing as well. Here is tafseer almizan which I know you wont read because you are lazy and like to follow whatever someone says on youtube.

يَا أَيُّهَا النَّبِيُّ قُل لِّأَزْوَاجِكَ وَبَنَاتِكَ وَنِسَاء الْمُؤْمِنِينَ يُدْنِينَ عَلَيْهِنَّ مِن جَلَابِيبِهِنَّ ذَلِكَ أَدْنَى أَن يُعْرَفْنَ فَلَا يُؤْذَيْنَ وَكَانَ اللَّهُ غَفُورًا رَّحِيمًا 

وفي تفسير القمي، في قوله تعالى: ﴿يا أيها النبي قل لأزواجك وبناتك ونساء المؤمنين - يدنين عليهن من جلابيبهن﴾ فإنه كان سبب نزولها أن النساء كن يخرجن إلى المسجد ويصلين خلف رسول الله (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) فإذا كان الليل وخرجن إلى صلاة المغرب والعشاء الآخرة يقعد الشباب لهن في طريقهن فيؤذونهن ويتعرضون لهن فأنزل الله: ﴿يا أيها النبي﴾ الآية.

وفي الدر المنثور، أخرج عبد الرزاق وعبد بن حميد وأبو داود وابن المنذر وابن أبي حاتم وابن مردويه عن أم سلمة قالت: لما نزلت هذه الآية ﴿يدنين عليهن من جلابيبهن﴾ خرج نساء الأنصار كأن على رءوسهن الغربان من أكسية سود يلبسنه

Edited by AlthaqaIayn12
  • Veteran Member
30 minutes ago, AlthaqaIayn12 said:

يَا أَيُّهَا النَّبِيُّ قُل لِّأَزْوَاجِكَ وَبَنَاتِكَ وَنِسَاء الْمُؤْمِنِينَ يُدْنِينَ عَلَيْهِنَّ مِن جَلَابِيبِهِنَّ ذَلِكَ أَدْنَى أَن يُعْرَفْنَ فَلَا يُؤْذَيْنَ وَكَانَ اللَّهُ غَفُورًا رَّحِيمًا 

وفي تفسير القمي، في قوله تعالى: ﴿يا أيها النبي قل لأزواجك وبناتك ونساء المؤمنين - يدنين عليهن من جلابيبهن﴾ فإنه كان سبب نزولها أن النساء كن يخرجن إلى المسجد ويصلين خلف رسول الله (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) فإذا كان الليل وخرجن إلى صلاة المغرب والعشاء الآخرة يقعد الشباب لهن في طريقهن فيؤذونهن ويتعرضون لهن فأنزل الله: ﴿يا أيها النبي﴾ الآية.

وفي الدر المنثور، أخرج عبد الرزاق وعبد بن حميد وأبو داود وابن المنذر وابن أبي حاتم وابن مردويه عن أم سلمة قالت: لما نزلت هذه الآية ﴿يدنين عليهن من جلابيبهن﴾ خرج نساء الأنصار كأن على رءوسهن الغربان من أكسية سود يلبسنه

Just so everyone knows, what he quoted does not say that banaat refers to girls, it is talking about the the reason of revelation, quoting from Tafsir al-Qummi and al-Dar al-Manthur.

3 hours ago, Ali_Hussain said:

Just so everyone knows, what he quoted does not say that banaat refers to girls, it is talking about the the reason of revelation, quoting from Tafsir al-Qummi and al-Dar al-Manthur.

Just so I can get it through your thick ignorant yasir alhabib tatbir head, 

فإنه كان سبب نزولها أن النساء كن يخرجن إلى المسجد ويصلين خلف رسول الله

خرج نساء الأنصار كأن على رءوسهن الغربان من أكسية سود

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL! Put this in google translate LOLOLOLOLOL!

• Veteran Member
4 minutes ago, AlthaqaIayn12 said:

Just so I can get it through your thick ignorant yasir alhabib tatbir head, 

فإنه كان سبب نزولها أن النساء كن يخرجن إلى المسجد ويصلين خلف رسول الله

خرج نساء الأنصار كأن على رءوسهن الغربان من أكسية سود

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL! Put this in google translate LOLOLOLOLOL!

So because the reason of revelation was do to with a certain group of women, the verse which clearly categorises three types of women, "wives", "daughters" and "women of the believers" - in fact refers to women in general?

• Advanced Member
48 minutes ago, AlthaqaIayn12 said:

فَمَنْ حَاجَّكَ فِيهِ مِن بَعْدِ مَا جَاءَكَ مِنَ الْعِلْمِ فَقُلْ تَعَالَوْا نَدْعُ أَبْنَاءَنَا وَأَبْنَاءَكُمْ وَنِسَاءَنَا وَنِسَاءَكُمْ وَأَنفُسَنَا وَأَنفُسَكُمْ ثُمَّ نَبْتَهِلْ فَنَجْعَل لَّعْنَتَ اللَّهِ عَلَى الْكَاذِبِينَ

So in the verse above it said, "let us call OUR WOMEN and your women". In case you haven't known yet, this is the mubahala verse between the christians and our beloved prophet s.a.a.w.w. where he took Imam Ali a.s., Imam Hassan a.s., Imam Hussain a.s. and Fatima a.s. My question to YOU is, the prophet a.s.a.w.w. took only one female with him, his daughter a.s. EVEN though the verse said OUR WOMEN which is plural, a group of women not singular, but the prophet took only Fatima a.s.? Y

I am interested in this. Why didn't Prophet Pbuh take other women along, why just Fatima (as) if  it was plural

Edited by Miss Wonderful
3 hours ago, Ali_Hussain said:

So because the reason of revelation was do to with a certain group of women, the verse which clearly categorises three types of women, "wives", "daughters" and "women of the believers" - in fact refers to women in general?

in this verse banatak doesn't mean daughters I gave you a tafsir and another verse which was different I thought might help...turned out it went over your head and made things complicated. Stop getting on this site and spend some valuable time actually reading....if this is how you reply to me a shiite over a simple difference, how will you survive against wahabis and sunnis who in debates are sly and will spin things...

Edited by AlthaqaIayn12
  • Veteran Member
12 minutes ago, Miss Wonderful said:

I am interested in this. Why didn't Prophet Pbuh take other women along, why just Fatima (as) if  it was plural

Because sayeda Fatima [a] is ma'suma and she is the best woman ever created, and the narrations as well as history, and the general consensus of all the Islamic sects testify that this verse is revealed about her.

The others daughters were dead at this point, but had they been alive, there is no reason to assume that they would have been brought along.

Edited by Ali_Hussain
  • Advanced Member
4 minutes ago, Ali_Hussain said:

Because sayeda Fatima [a] is ma'suma and she is the best woman ever created, and the narrations as well as history, and well as the general consensus of all the Islamic sects testify that this verse is revealed about her.

The others daughters were dead at this point, but had they been alive, there is no reason to assume that they would have been brought along.

If we look at the Quran in Chronological order, Surah 3 was revealed before Surah 33. so why is  verse 33:59 using the plural for daughters if the Prophet pbu daughter's are dead?

• Veteran Member
7 minutes ago, Miss Wonderful said:

If we look at the Quran in Chronological order, Surah 3 was revealed before Surah 33. so why is  verse 33:59 using the plural for daughters if the Prophet pbu daughter's are dead?

The Qur'an isn't in order of revelation.

Edited by Ali_Hussain