Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
BAli

Hijab

Rate this topic

Sallam,

I live in Europe, I am married with a christian girl, everything goes well but she doesnot want to do hijab and ofcourse I can not force her to do,

Please advice me,

I cannot convince her with the facts.

Wa alaykom asalam

1 Corinthians 11:5-6King James Version (KJV)

But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.

For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered

If she isn't into wearing a Hijab, perhaps a scarf? For Christians, head covering is important & a scarf is perfect for that. If she still isn't convinced in any way, no need to push her.

A Link!

On 4/30/2016 at 9:27 AM, BAli said:

Sallam,

I live in Europe, I am married with a christian girl, everything goes well but she doesnot want to do hijab and ofcourse I can not force her to do,

Please advice me,

Bali, You have done your part. Perhaps your would feel more comfortable in a Mantilla headcovering to start? It's not easy to move into full hijab covering every time you leave house if it is foreign to a woman. She may surprise you one day. Stay supportive and honor her choices.

On 30/04/2016 at 6:27 PM, BAli said:

Sallam,

Please advice me,

Hmmm, as far as I am concerned, Hijab does not mean headscarf, that was khimr which is not a religious prerequisite, rather a cultural one, similar to the viel.

Surah Al-Nur ayah 31 explicitly commands woman to wrap a portion of their khimr (something they wore before Islam anyway) around their bosoms. So, from my understanding, the headscarf is not necessary, only covering the chest.