Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
mohsenhona

Who should I follow?

Rate this topic

In the topic “Please correct me if I'm wrong!” I proved that the meaning of 'Ahlulbayt' is 14 infallibles. (Here is my topic's link: 

Well, I have a question.

In the Surah al-Ahzab the verse 33 we read:

إِنَّما يُريدُ اللَّهُ لِيُذْهِبَ عَنْكُمُ الرِّجْسَ أَهْلَ الْبَيْتِ وَ يُطَهِّرَكُمْ تَطْهيراً

Indeed Allah desires to repel all impurity from you, O People of the Household, and purify you with a thorough purification.

According to this verse Allah desires or wants to repel all impurity from Ahlulbayt. It is confidently a Genetic will for when He asserts this content, it means that there must be a special and exclusive trait for Ahlulbayt otherwise Allah almighty wants all human to be pure in His Legislative Will.  

What are they purified from? Could it be other than sin?

Well, now what does purification mean? Does it mean that they commit sin and Allah forgives them and purifies them? If it is true so why does God do so? How does this happen while Allah is Just.

On the other hand between Abu Bakr, Umar and Ali, the only caliph who is among Ahlulbayt is Ali (AS). So according to the verse Ali is purified. So why our Sunni brothers didn’t refer to him? Who should we refer to? Is Abu Bakr and Umar’s Ijtihad true while there is a purified man who is against them? Is the theory of consensus true for assigning a person other than a purified person?

Salam

The issue to me, is who are we going to go to learn from.  Salafis say they don't blindly follow anyone except the Messenger of God, but are obviously in love with Ibn Taymiya and Abdul Wahab, that they practically accept most of what they say especially when it comes to fundamental issues.

Who you chose to follow is one of the most foundational questions one can ask. And that depends on if God guides to the truth or if he doesn't. If God doesn't guide to the truth, then we can follow other then God and those who he guides by to the truth. If he does guide to truth, then we should not mix leaders who we don't have proof from God are guides in that following to God and those he guides by, because that would be the fault that many people in the past fell into till they abandoned the axis of God's Guides.

The question is does God guide by the truth? And was the nation in need of guidance of guides one after another after the Prophet?

I think every community where God founded a nation on a revelation from him, he followed up with leaders that guide by his command.

"And we took the covenant of Bani-Israel and raised from them twelve Captains....". The Captains that sail the boat that sails by the Name of God in Bani-Israel were practically all Messengers, but the wisdom of having that perpetual guidance doesn't end because Quran has sealed the revelations and put end to Prophethood.

The Sunnah which is how the Quran is going to be applied, needs to be shown and guidance regarding the truth and towards the truth is needed.

One of the issues that people do is they like to attribute righteous and purity to their leaders or their leaders put on that mantle and accept the praise of the followers towards them by not ever speaking against it. The Quran however says "do not attribute purity to yourselves" and talk about those who opposed the Messenger and the Ulil-Amr, "Do you not see those who attribute purity to themselves", then says "but rather God attributes purity to who he pleases", here the discussion is not about whether others can be pure or not, but it's about the issue of attributing purity.

We see other verses when it talks about chosen ones, and chosen families (3:33), it elaborates and emphasizes that God purified those chosen ones, like Mariam.

God manifests those who he pleases of those he purified, and when he does make it a known a person is constantly pure and is without uncleanness perpetual, he does so because he wants people to follow them. 

"God only desires to keep the uncleanness away from you O people of the House and purify you a (thorough) purification"

After how much Quran emphasized on chosen families, are people going to really get hanged up that the verses surrounding it are addressed to the wives, and that wives in normal language can be considered part of the family of the Prophet. 

Will they ignore all the verses through out Quran about chosen families, the emphasis on their chosen status, the exalted authority they were given, the wisdom they were given, the grace and blessings and mercy of God upon them?

Will they not even consider an alternative recitation and flow, in which it's emphasizing on the high rank and purity of the Nabi, that the wives are being emphasized because of the complete purity of the Prophet and because he is such that God desires to keep nothing away from him except the uncleanness.

That from this nation, it's only them that will be purified completely through out their lives a complete purification.

That God is saying, yes, do not attribute purity to yourselves, however, these people, I am attributing purity to them and declaring their complete purified status.

That is because they are chosen and meant to be followed. That is because they are a family that is suppose to be the axis by which humanity unites under.

"And we did not send before you except men who we revealed to therefore ask the family of the reminder if you do not know"

They were meant to be who humanity looks towards for words of guidance, instead, what ended up being followed where people who are analogous to these people:

Some of those who are Jews change words from their context and say: "We hear and disobey; hear thou as one who heareth not" and "Listen to us!" distorting with their tongues and slandering religion. If they had said: "We hear and we obey: hear thou, and look at us" it had been better for them, and more upright. But Allah hath cursed them for their disbelief, so they believe not, save a few.

Edited by StrugglingForTheLight

8 hours ago, mohsenhona said:

In the topic “Please correct me if I'm wrong!” I proved that the meaning of 'Ahlulbayt' is 14 infallibles. (Here is my topic's link: 

Well, I have a question.

In the Surah al-Ahzab the verse 33 we read:

إِنَّما يُريدُ اللَّهُ لِيُذْهِبَ عَنْكُمُ الرِّجْسَ أَهْلَ الْبَيْتِ وَ يُطَهِّرَكُمْ تَطْهيراً

Indeed Allah desires to repel all impurity from you, O People of the Household, and purify you with a thorough purification.

According to this verse Allah desires or wants to repel all impurity from Ahlulbayt. It is confidently a Genetic will for when He asserts this content, it means that there must be a special and exclusive trait for Ahlulbayt otherwise Allah almighty wants all human to be pure in His Legislative Will.  

What are they purified from? Could it be other than sin?

Well, now what does purification mean? Does it mean that they commit sin and Allah forgives them and purifies them? If it is true so why does God do so? How does this happen while Allah is Just.

On the other hand between Abu Bakr, Umar and Ali, the only caliph who is among Ahlulbayt is Ali (AS). So according to the verse Ali is purified. So why our Sunni brothers didn’t refer to him? Who should we refer to? Is Abu Bakr and Umar’s Ijtihad true while there is a purified man who is against them? Is the theory of consensus true for assigning a person other than a purified person?

You think that's problem? brother the bigger problem is they reject something clear as the sun when the prophet s.a.a.w.w. said "Whoever I was a mawla of, Ali now is your Mawla" as well as "Ali is the walee of every mumin after me". Also let's go with them about shura...How come then Abu Bakr gave khilafa to Omar without shura aka consensus? Why did Omar give it to uthman? and when the prophet does it apparently it menans something else...and they say we the shia don't follow the sunnah and Quran, Hypocrites.

Assalamalaikom! Personally, I would recommend u to do ur own research into this subject and check out various people's opinions and the teaching of both sects and to then confirm that it is true and THEN make a choice. Before I became a Shia Muslim I did this and it made me more satisfied and assured, and I have no doubts any more. I hope this helped and I hope Allah guides u on the right path and I'll pray that u reach the right path.