Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
starlight

What's your best childhood memory??

Rate this topic

I can't remember ! 

I spend my childhood watching anime and reading mangas , still do those stuff now ^^ ! 

probability my best memory so far is going to korean restaurant with group of kpop fans I meet online , that was the first time in my life I felt happy and free to do what I want . :clap:

Eating hard boiled eggs and drinking hot tea in the freezing cold evenings at various railway stations. Me, my brother and mum were travelling third class, between Karachi and Lucknow via Lahore, Amritsar and Delhi. It was the best railway journey ever. 

Edited by Haji 2003
added Delhi

1 hour ago, Shian e Ali said:

I'm not sure when one's childhood ends but I'll assume it ends after you're 7 :P 

I think the best thing was how I got the chance to be ignorant about the life's problems. 

How I fell asleep in class sometimes only to wake up to see my teachers smiling at me. Then, coming back from school & getting to hug my mother & spending the rest of my day with my cousins (Joint family system). The fights (I always got the beating lol) & the weird games we would come up with. Thank God technology didn't take over my childhood! Although we didn't know how to say the prayers but we knew the actions, so we would try to pray together (Cousins). My Grandpa would call the barber home for all the children (The Deprive them of all their hairs Mission) & how everyone would have to hide to save his/her hair. There was a "Run for your life hairs!" call by whoever saw the barber. I always had the best hiding spot lol! 

It was really fun & awesome but of course.... Things don't stay the same. I still miss those things a lot!

I'm also so grateful technology didn't invade my childhood. Playing with the cousins was the best! We would all go to the grandparents house and make up lots of games like we would use broom sticks on the patio as bumps for our "cars" which were bikes lol. Anyway lots of fun with the cousins. All of us would also travel together... it's hard to pick a specific memory but I guess all of us together was the best. Now, times have changed :(

On 4/29/2016 at 7:59 PM, billy090 said:

P.S: ''r'' is missing after YOU in the topic. Thanks. :D

Thank you Billy, corrected :grin:

On 4/29/2016 at 7:59 PM, billy090 said:

What's yours @starlight???

Winter hols....returning to my hometown at the end of each school year... carefree and blissful days spent at my maternal grandparents home away from my mother's watchful eye.:shifty:............ picnics with my dolls in the garden, seeing the chicks hatch, feeding the ducks, long winter evenings spent playing monopoly with cousins(I cheated every single day, without fail)  learning to do embroidery from my aunts. 

The only cloud in my bright blue sky were the tutors that showed up each afternoon to give lessons in Maths, Physics and Chemistry for the coming school year, the school year that hadn't even started !!!(sheer zulm)........:braveheart:  

On 4/29/2016 at 8:47 PM, Haji 2003 said:

Eating hard boiled eggs and drinking hot tea in the freezing cold evenings at various railway stations. Me, my brother and mum were travelling third class, between Karachi and Lucknow via Lahore and Amritsar. It was the best railway journey ever. 

How old were you?

Ameen to technology not taking over my childhood as well!

one of my best memories was going to a Muslimah camp...it was the real deal...it had everything. It even had a cabin with a bat....we slept under the star filled skies, tie dyed shirts, oh and we did girls only Congregational prayers, and I got to lead one of the prayers...there was like a sign up sheet lol...

they would have little circle talks with us outside, and the theme was "hold tight to the rope of Allah" which I still remember and repeat to myself to this day...

sisterly bonding was also big :) 

:bismillah: 

:salam: 

My best memory is seeing the remains of a blood on sayyeda khawla's (as) shrine in beqaa, a day or more before that the walls were literally bleeding ;-;. Other than that it's really moderate, only notable memory that I remember is when I got lost in a forest while on a school trip.

Salam.

7 minutes ago, Ali Hamieh said:

:bismillah: 

:salam: 

My best memory is seeing the remains of a blood on sayyeda khawla's (as) shrine in beqaa, a day or more before that the walls were literally bleeding ;-;. Other than that it's really moderate, only notable memory that I remember is when I got lost in a forest while on a school trip.

Salam.

how old were you when you saw the remains of blood on sayyeda's shrine?

7 minutes ago, Ali Hamieh said:

I'm 16, the shrine of imam Hussain (as) is known to bleed at ashura, it's not hard to see it if you're present but don't take my word for it.

Salam.

mashallah brother you are really young , you must be the youngest member on this forum maybe their might be a couple of others about your age as well , and indeed karbala is the land of miracles , the light of aba abdillah (as) turns nobody down :)

ps : it's nice to see young enlightened brothers may Allah swt continue blessing you

Edited by sharinganMahdi

2 hours ago, VividChaeeme said:

Most of mine revolve around the pool or backyard with my siblings. We were so outdoorsy...Then I see kids today, with their Nintendos and Tamagotchis and what-not *grumble grumble*

Are you in the 90s right now? Do kids still play with Nintendo and Tamagotchi? 

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 1:30 PM, Ali Hamieh said:

I'm 16, the shrine of imam Hussain (as) is known to bleed at ashura, it's not hard to see it if you're present but don't take my word for it.

Salam.

I was in Karbala for Ashura last year. The wall(right infront of the maqtal)of the shrine of Imam Hussain(as) was literally bleeding. The miracle happened right around Fajr. I think it was 8 Muharrum. I didn't get to see the miracle happen but my brother and sister saw it. Everyone went crazy and the Iraqis were climbing each others shoulders to try and touch the blood. And the next morning I went to the shrine and I saw the remains of blood were still there. It gave me goosebumps :( 

Edited by NooralHussain

33 minutes ago, NooralHussain said:

I was in Karbala for Ashura last year. The wall(right infront of the maqtal)of the shrine of Imam Hussain(as) was literally bleeding. The miracle happened right around Fajr. I think it was 8 Muharrum. I didn't get to see the miracle happen but my brother and sister saw it. Everyone went crazy and the Iraqis were climbing each others shoulders to try and touch the blood. And the next morning I went to the shrine and I saw the remains of blood were still there. It gave me goosebumps :( 

Insha'Allah I'll be going to Karbala and Najaf in Muharram, you reminded me about a user in SC and how a flag or banner in his/her house bled when they had a really bad throat sickness, after rubbing their face with the blood the sickbess disappeared the next day.

26 minutes ago, Ali Hamieh said:

Insha'Allah I'll be going to Karbala and Najaf in Muharram, you reminded me about a user in SC and how a flag or banner in his/her house bled when they had a really bad throat sickness, after rubbing their face with the blood the sickbess disappeared the next day.

SubhanAllah it's amazing the power that ignites from the Ahlulbayt(as). Also there's this tree in Karbala where the head of Imam Hussain(as) was hung on, that bleeds every year on the 10th of Muharrum. I didn't get to see it unfortunately but my sister did. If you're going for the first ten days, you'll see many miracles. The one I mentioned is just one of three that I saw. Insha'Allah you'll love it there. Being in Karbala is the best feeling ever. May Allah swt bless everyone with the ziyara of the Imams(as).

Edited by NooralHussain

10 minutes ago, NooralHussain said:

SubhanAllah it's amazing the power that ignites from the Ahlulbayt(as). Also there's this tree in Karbala where the head of Imam Hussain(as) was hung on, that bleeds every year on the 10th of Muharrum. I didn't get to see it unfortunately but my sister did. If you're going for the first ten days, you'll see many miracles. The one I mentioned is just one of three that I saw. Insha'Allah you'll love it there. Being in Karbala is the best feeling ever. May Allah swt bless everyone with the ziyara of the Imams(as).

Yet I wonder how people who deviated claim that we're misguided.

24 minutes ago, Ali Hamieh said:

Yet I wonder how people who deviated claim that we're misguided.

It's sad to see that people just choose to ignore everything that Islam stands for and leave the religion. Most people that I've seen who've deviated did so was either because they recently moved to the West and they didn't want to be part of a religion which is seemingly "at war" with the West, and others did so because they felt like Islam was too 'conservative' or 'strict' while they thought of themselves as Liberalists. Also not to mention the Atheist movement we see today. -sigh-, in the end it just reminds me of the verse in the Quran that Allah swt guides whom He wills, and misguides whom He wills. Anyways, it makes you ponder about the reason why hadiths say that only 313 will be with the 12th Imam, while others will leave him.

Edited by NooralHussain

I'd said that, when I watched the first chapter of Dragon Ball. And when I met two special friends.

Edited by Nataly
wrong word and lack of one word

What a lovely thread =)

I guess for me it would be any time i was on a beach. I was lucky to have 2 family holidays a year and i enjoyed most things about those holidays; i'd even get excited about the airline food! But mostly i loved the beach and the sea. I'd build things in the sand and dig holes that were so deep your bum would freeze if you sat in them. I'd usually make a friend or 2 that i could get into mischief with. I loved climbing the shoreline rocks and boulders as well and snorkelling and collecting shells =) and we'd always have a picnic on the beach at lunch time with roll's we'd made from the breakfast buffet and some crisps and pop from the supermarket.

I still collect shells if i go to the beach.

Beach.jpg