Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

What's your best childhood memory??

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member
On 4/29/2016 at 6:53 PM, zainabamy said:

My best memory was the first time I rode a horse, it soon escalated to me being a horse crazy lady. 

I once rode a camel and it deffo didnt turn me into a camel crazy lady, it was awful! One of my aunties is obsessed with horses. I'm a bit nervous of being close to them but theyre so incredibly beautiful, i can see the appeal.

Edited by Ruq
  • Veteran Member

@Darth Vader your story with the verb "fix" reminded me of when l was 3 and 4. I had this riding toy tractor which you pedaled. It was all red and metal, too.

Now, l'd pedal this thing all around the yard. But what my Dad couldn't figure out was how l was breaking the pedals and he'd have to take the tractor to be welded back together. These pedals were like your bicycle's, and the tractor was chain drive likewise.

What l'd do was try to cross the drainage ditch in front of the house. I'd get down in there all right but l'd push down on the pedal while pulling up on the steering wheel. About the fourth time l did this, Mom looked out the window as the pedal broke again. Comes out and tells me not to go into the ditch. So when my Dad, who farmed, came home he heard what l was doing. He asks me, "Did you ever see me cross a ditch?" as he had real farm tractors. A "no" of course from me. Then said something about a "reason" why he didn't. Using that word --like he often did-- l think was a good way to talk to little kids. 

Edited by hasanhh
  • Veteran Member

Iran-USA World Cup match in France

Do I need to say more?

I was 10 years old. In my innocence I imagined that Iran was some kind of powerhouse football team and that beating USA proved once and for all our superiority in everything. Little did I know that almost 20 years later I would not see another Iran victory in a World Cup finals.

But for one night, everything was good in life.

• Veteran Member
18 hours ago, Inconsolable said:

Seeing my mom waiting for me at home after coming back from school when I was in 1st Grade, I still remember her smile vividly :)

:grin:  My Mom did too, but what she always laughed about was when it was raining.

I'd get off the bus up at the curve with maybe 10 others. I'd come off the bus in my yellow raincoat and jump into the ditch full of water and then wade home.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Veteran Member
On Friday, April 29, 2016 at 8:18 PM, Ali Hamieh said:

:bismillah: 

:salam: 

My best memory is seeing the remains of a blood on sayyeda khawla's (as) shrine in beqaa, a day or more before that the walls were literally bleeding ;-;. Other than that it's really moderate, only notable memory that I remember is when I got lost in a forest while on a school trip.

Salam.

Assalam Alikum

I remember hearing that on the news.  I think it was the Indian zoowar who sprayed 3attir and in effect caused it to make red residue.  Allahu a3lam.

My best childhood memories is my mom making us chicken rotisserie sandwiches returning back from the masjid.  She would make atleast 7 sandwiches, calling each one by name and asking us what we wanted in them.  I have a lot of nice memories of my mom, Ya Allah increase her lifespan and give me the opportunity to serve her again.

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

• Advanced Member
12 hours ago, Laayla said:

Assalam Alikum

I remember hearing that on the news.  I think it was the Indian zoowar who sprayed 3attir and in effect caused it to make red residue.  Allahu a3lam.

My best childhood memories is my mom making us chicken rotisserie sandwiches returning back from the masjid.  She would make atleast 7 sandwiches, calling each one by name and asking us what we wanted in them.  I have a lot of nice memories of my mom, Ya Allah increase her lifespan and give me the opportunity to serve her again.

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

:ws:

:bismillah: 

I heard of something about Indians but tbh the Masjid even showed us a video of them removing the liquid and afterwards it'd come back on the wall after swiping it without the liquid getting lower in quantity. Allah (swt) 2a3lam either way. But may I ask where I can read a news article about it? I'm curious.

Salam.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Veteran Member

Huddling around my father while he would read us stories at bedtime. We loved his reading of Jim Corbett's hunting adventures. He would also show us pictures from National Geographic magazines. They were amazing! Everything every time was different. Skies, plants, buildings, animals... We'd pore over them with deep fascination and ask all sorts of questions. It was a daily ritual, never to be missed. I learned a lot about the world that way. 

• Development Team
On Tuesday, May 03, 2016 at 7:25 AM, VividChaeeme said:

Most of mine revolve around the pool or backyard with my siblings. We were so outdoorsy...Then I see kids today, with their Nintendos and Tamagotchis and what-not *grumble grumble*

I believe the words you are looking for are "IPhone" and "Xbox One", you are a couple of decades off, my friend. 

• Veteran Member
1 hour ago, Haimi said:

Was 8 years old, didn't have the word "sin" in my  dictionary. From home to school by walking while reading Quran Surah al-hamd.

And now look, missing that child.

So can you recite?

I catch myself doing that while mowing the lawn or shoveling or whatever.

• Forum Administrators

This place has a lot of nice memories for me. It's the municipal athletics track.

I used to do the 800m and 1500m for my school and was reasonably good at, but was usually willing to have a go at anything.

Once I was asked to do the race walk, got lapped by the winner and I came last. In front of all the kids in the local borough. I also volunteered for the 3000m, a pretty amazing experience. My head was absolutely spinning when I finished.

I took the picture at my daughter's school's sports day.

IMG_1208.jpg

• Veteran Member
On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 10:19 PM, Martyrdom said:

My grandma making me fresh nido milk bottle.  How I remember I stopped drinking from the bottle around 8 years old. Used to walk around with it and put it in my back pocket. Those were the days. 

There is "Nido for Adults" if your interested. Yeah, l had to look it up.

Go ahead and scream folks, but l kept my Teddy Bear for decades. An aunt gave it to me for my first chr!stmas and I had it stuff into bookcase part of the bed for decades. I threw it out two decades ago when it got moldy.

I never felt embarrassed about it. When in grade school one of the men l knew said his son still slept with his when a senior in high school. His son is a retired doctor now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Basic Members
On 20/08/2016 at 5:27 PM, Gaius I. Caesar said:

I believe the words you are looking for are "IPhone" and "Xbox One", you are a couple of decades off, my friend. 

Thank you.
I never would have identified the unintentional time travel I must have undertaken...I guess that'd explain why I'm posting on a forum, and do not have a Facebook account. *Sigh*

But seriously, congrats. I guess you just 'get jokes'.

• Development Team
6 minutes ago, VividChaeeme said:

Thank you.
I never would have identified the unintentional time travel I must have undertaken...I guess that'd explain why I'm posting on a forum, and do not have a Facebook account. *Sigh*

But seriously, congrats. I guess you just 'get jokes'.

Thanks, sorry for pointing out the obvious and being boorish. I rarely if ever, get jokes.