Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
BrotherAdamm

I have not prayed in about 3 years and I am hoping inshallah to make up for it

Rate this topic

Assalamualaykom,

I am 15 years old and have not prayed for about 3 years. Inshallah I am hoping to make up for these prayers but I would like to now how many prayers I must complete, in what order and how I must complete them inshallah. I admit that i did not pray due to pure laziness and obsession to this dunya but I have realized that this is wrong and inshallah I will stay on the right path.

Just pray double each time, with the second being intended to make up missed. That is the easiest. If you find that you have time, maybe on a weekend or something, you can do many prayers in sequence. It's best to make them up in the order they were missed.

Congratulations and best wishes to you. May you be successful in your praying and receive many blessings for your endeavors.

On 4/27/2016 at 4:28 AM, TheLoneStar said:

Great,

God likes those who turn to Him. 

He is merciful so just be happy and start praying regularly in a joyful way.

Allah will bless you.

On 4/27/2016 at 11:19 PM, notme said:

Just pray double each time, with the second being intended to make up missed. That is the easiest. If you find that you have time, maybe on a weekend or something, you can do many prayers in sequence. It's best to make them up in the order they were missed.

Congratulations and best wishes to you. May you be successful in your praying and receive many blessings for your endeavors.

I was hoping to know how many prayers I have missed since 2014 I am not sure how to calculate this.

35 minutes ago, BrotherAdamm said:

I was hoping to know how many prayers I have missed since 2014 I am not sure how to calculate this.

You can calculate exactly, you will just have to make an rough estimate,better to do qadha for three full years to be on the safe side. 

When doing Qadha you have to offer only fardh so it wont take very long. 

On May 23, 2016 at 1:01 AM, starlight said:

You can calculate exactly, you will just have to make an rough estimate,better to do qadha for three full years to be on the safe side. 

I'm confused. I have to make up 9 years of missed prayers. What are Fardh prayers? 

On 5/23/2016 at 0:31 PM, starlight said:

Actually you do not need to stay on the safe side. If you are not certain about the number, you just do the least number. If for example you are not sure about Salaat for 1000 days or 1100 days, just do 1000 and that should suffice.

On 4/27/2016 at 11:48 AM, BrotherAdamm said:

in what order and how I must complete them inshallah

You do not need to keep an order, but between Dhuhr/Asr and Maghrib/'Isha prayers of a day. So, you can just start from the Subh prayers and then go for Dhuhr and then Asr, and so on. Just do not do Asr prayer before Dhuhr, or Isha before Maghrib.

40 minutes ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

I'm confused. I have to make up 9 years of missed prayers. What are Fardh prayers? 

I think our brother meant that you can only do the mandatory parts of the prayers, skipping Qunut, and the likes which are Mustahabb (recommended)