Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Islandsandmirrors

Have I accidentally committed shirk?

Rate this topic

When I was sick, I called on the prophets to help me. I didn't say Ya so-and-so, I said something like, "So-and-so, where is the help I need?" I was wondering if this is considered shirk? Should I only ask Allah to help me and not call on prophets or imams to pray to Allah for help? If this is not shirk, then can you please explain exactly what shirk would be considered as? I've read that (on a sunni website) that wearing amulets for protection is shirk. What are the other forms of shirk?

When you value something as God should be valued or on a near level as God, that you value them as much or close to as you do God, then it is Shirk. This is includes your desire/lower self which is the king of all idols.

When you do something wrong or illogical, it's not Shirk. Shirk is when you constantly value something on par with God. 

If we value leaders that we obey them with our obedience owed to God or value them to the extent we are willing to disobey God for their sake in most likely case, although we intellectually acknowledge God as superior, we would in reality be valuing others in our heart as much as or near level as or more then God.

Seeking help of another being is not deemed Shirk unless you are seeking their help in a way that seeks to put them on pedestal to be valued on par with God, which is what mushrikeen were doing.

4 hours ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

When I was sick, I called on the prophets to help me. I didn't say Ya so-and-so, I said something like, "So-and-so, where is the help I need?" I was wondering if this is considered shirk? Should I only ask Allah to help me and not call on prophets or imams to pray to Allah for help? If this is not shirk, then can you please explain exactly what shirk would be considered as? I've read that (on a sunni website) that wearing amulets for protection is shirk. What are the other forms of shirk?

No it's not shirk. Because you asked them as a waseela to ask Allah to forgive you. Obviously the only Elah we worship is Allah and Ahlul bayt a.s. are a waseela.

Edited by Althaqalayn12

2 hours ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

Unfortunately it's shirk;and also wearing amulets is shirk!

Let's make sure we are not committing the Sin Iblis made.

"So, Iblis had neither any defect in the principle of belief in Allah’s being the Creator, or in belief in Allah’s Lordship in creation and nor in belief in ma’ad. But still he falls so much! Why? Because he does not believe in Allah’s Lordship in Law-giving (Divine legislation) and docs not regard Allah’s command to be obeyed unquestionably, unless Allah’s command would be consistent with (Ibis’s) own thought and desire." 2

8 hours ago, iubelum said:

Unfortunately it's shirk;and also wearing amulets is shirk!

Also, next time you want to ask Allah for help using a prophet or imam as waseela, here is how you do it:

"Allah please forgive me by your prophet muhammed peace and blessings be upon him and his ahlul bayt"

"Allah please heal me By your prophet muhammed peace and blessings be upon him and his ahlul bayt"

Edited by Althaqalayn12
mis-spelling