Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

The different shia

Rate this topic

Asalamualaikum, i wanted to discuss about an issue near and dear to me.the first time i wrote on shiachat was about being spiritually elevated by sunni speakers.Alhumdulillah i have stopped for now and to be honest i am very glad being content with shia speakers, but sometimes i want to listen to sunni maybe for certain topics such as  day of judgement, jannah etc, but unfortunately unlike other shias who listen to them and maybe dont care so much, to me they sound motivational and knowledgable( well at least whatever they know and studied of their deen) and this attracts me back to their side.i am glad for other shias who dont go through this, they just listen ,take the correct inspiration and go.i wish i was like that. i dont want to be attracted to a school of thought which is wrong

5 hours ago, sidnaq said:

Asalamualaikum, i wanted to discuss about an issue near and dear to me.the first time i wrote on shiachat was about being spiritually elevated by sunni speakers.Alhumdulillah i have stopped for now and to be honest i am very glad being content with shia speakers, but sometimes i want to listen to sunni maybe for certain topics such as  day of judgement, jannah etc, but unfortunately unlike other shias who listen to them and maybe dont care so much, to me they sound motivational and knowledgable( well at least whatever they know and studied of their deen) and this attracts me back to their side.i am glad for other shias who dont go through this, they just listen ,take the correct inspiration and go.i wish i was like that. i dont want to be attracted to a school of thought which is wrong

Well I sometimes listen to Adnan Ibrahim who is one Good sunni speaker, he lived like out in Europe who is a doctor in some field, but is a good non radical shia.

• Advanced Member

Wa alaykom salam,

For me, I am really not interested listening to sunnis speakers. I used to do it when I was ignorant of Shiaism. After understanding the true path of Islam, I became disgusted with sunni speakers, due to the lies I was being fed from them.

Now, the reason I don't listen to sunni speakers is because I doubt the authenticity of what they are saying. Even if it's about qiyamah and Jannah, Hell etc, I need the word of Ahlul bayt(as).

• Veteran Member

Listen everyone but follow the right.

Listening itself is not a problem unless we start following it. And to follow something there is " Aql " required. Without listening people you can't condemn them, those who are condemning any school without knowing the school itself are like those non-muslims who are blabbering " Islamic terrorism " bcoz neither they know Terrorism nor Islam.

19 hours ago, The Light said:

Wa alaykom salam,

For me, I am really not interested listening to sunnis speakers. I used to do it when I was ignorant of Shiaism. After understanding the true path of Islam, I became disgusted with sunni speakers, due to the lies I was being fed from them.

Now, the reason I don't listen to sunni speakers is because I doubt the authenticity of what they are saying. Even if it's about qiyamah and Jannah, Hell etc, I need the word of Ahlul bayt(as).

hmm thats exactly the way i feel myself.i used to listen myself but things were overlapping, even for similar topics such as jannah and qiyamah, though i still wonder if there is good to be listened to or maybe i should avoid it because i am different from other shia listeners

• Advanced Member

Someone who does not have the right fundament, I cannot take seriously or reliable wether he is sincere or not. 

I'm simply not interrested anymore in those who are cut loose from the roots.

• Veteran Member

it can get tricky at times.

For example, at the surface Zakir Naik seems to be great until he starts praising Muawiya and Yazid and lays the blame for Karbala on Imam Hussain, etc.

so you have to be careful.

8 hours ago, shiaman14 said:

For example, at the surface Zakir Naik seems to be great until he starts praising Muawiya and Yazid and lays the blame for Karbala on Imam Hussain, etc.

That donald duck sounding Wahabi? doesn't he sound like donald duck when he talks, especially when his tongue goes out of his mouth :D

• Veteran Member
13 hours ago, Althaqalayn12 said:

That donald duck sounding Wahabi? doesn't he sound like donald duck when he talks, especially when his tongue goes out of his mouth :D

they try to slow poison the minds by saying 9 good things and 1 bad thing which makes those with weak faith question the righteousness of the Jafaria fiqh.

• Advanced Member
18 hours ago, shiaman14 said:

Someone who memorized the Quran and makes a show of it seems more cool than someone who knows IT but has to look for the verses all the time while knowing understanding the RUH-UD-DIN itself.

Same with that ISIS Rabbit Bunch. Screaming Takbir, jellebas' and promoting Khilafa seems all you need to gain a following mass of fools.

Edited by Faruk
3 hours ago, shiaman14 said:

they try to slow poison the minds by saying 9 good things and 1 bad thing which makes those with weak faith question the righteousness of the Jafaria fiqh.

exactly this is why no one can be like shia, we condemn right away those shiekhs who are shia but speak non sense like yassir alhabib...the Amma (non shia) Follow whoever is on TV I swear wallah some say Shiekh youtube and google..they don't read only listen like sheep. It's dangerous.

• Advanced Member
51 minutes ago, Althaqalayn12 said:

exactly this is why no one can be like shia, we condemn right away those shiekhs who are shia but speak non sense like yassir alhabib...the Amma (non shia) Follow whoever is on TV I swear wallah some say Shiekh youtube and google..they don't read only listen like sheep. It's dangerous.

When one is raised in a certain sect one will defend it unconditionally. They rather become apologetics then to swallow the bitter pill named truth because then they have to admit that their parents and fam are erring and that's hard.

Just ask the converts here.

Edited by Faruk
  • Veteran Member
On 4/25/2016 at 1:50 PM, sidnaq said:

I think this 2 sect islam is a creation of much later ....so I don't see any problem in following the good things if authentic that even a wahabi says ....e.g Zakir naik. Is good when debating with nonmuslims but he's totally worthless on islamic history so I don't listen to anything he says about it ....just don't fall into the trap of personality worship...btw you think so many of shia Zakir or maulana don't exagerrate distort or misrepresent karbala ? When religion is your profession whether u are shia sunni jew or Christian you will vigorously defend your sectarian beliefs and try to refute others ...screw the historical evidence