Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Muslimthought97

Is death the most exciting experience in life?

Rate this topic

Salam,

Before I sound like the darkest sadistic person you've come across let me explain,

To me I look at the world and there are so many religions, beliefs, ideas and so on about life after death. So death for me has always been a bit of a mystery, how it feels to know life is over, your finished. What comes next, how will it all come around, what do angels look like, what is it iv'e been hidden from all these years, who were the Prophets, our Imams how they looked, how Jannah is, being able to speak to Allah, all these things make death seem 'pleasant' in a way, because its a frontier when crossed thats it you cannot come back and report it its an individual experience.

Would anybody else agree with my view of death being the same way? Being something 'exciting' in some sense?

Everytime I want to talk to family/friends about this they think I'm miserable or something haha.

14 minutes ago, HayderM said:

Salam,

Before I sound like the darkest sadistic person you've come across let me explain,

To me I look at the world and there are so many religions, beliefs, ideas and so on about life after death. So death for me has always been a bit of a mystery, how it feels to know life is over, your finished. What comes next, how will it all come around, what do angels look like, what is it iv'e been hidden from all these years, who were the Prophets, our Imams how they looked, how Jannah is, being able to speak to Allah, all these things make death seem 'pleasant' in a way, because its a frontier when crossed thats it you cannot come back and report it its an individual experience.

Would anybody else agree with my view of death being the same way? Being something 'exciting' in some sense?

Everytime I want to talk to family/friends about this they think I'm miserable or something haha.

when you say it it doesnt, and you dont sound dark. infact your talk seem very happy talk, about meeting angels, and the prophets, and the imams, and yes of course death itself has a pleasent side to it, i mean the hereafter, if were talking about jannah and meeting the holy personalities ,then why wouldnt it, it doesnt make you seem sadistic, in fact i do believe jannah is a way to make believers become happy more who are having hardships in the world. or be scared of death for the hellfire and how short this life is ,personally sometimes not all times, thinking of death make me feel happier.

6 minutes ago, sidnaq said:

when you say it it doesnt, and you dont sound dark. infact your talk seem very happy talk, about meeting angels, and the prophets, and the imams, and yes of course death itself has a pleasent side to it, i mean the hereafter, if were talking about jannah and meeting the holy personalities ,then why wouldnt it, it doesnt make you seem sadistic, in fact i do believe jannah is a way to make believers become happy more who are having hardships in the world. or be scared of death for the hellfire and how short this life is ,personally sometimes not all times, thinking of death make me feel happier.

I have the idea of knowing whats on the other side so interesting, just the idea of seeing what Allah's 'Kingdom' really is. I believe your right whenever in hardship, reminders of Heaven ease it and to remember its all a test.

19 minutes ago, HayderM said:

Salam,

Its not scary if you make it straightaway to Jannah. Between barzakh and the time spent paying the penalties some of us might not get there right away.

Some of us might have to spend some time in the heat at the BBQ before we get to jump in the pool. :blush:

That being said...I am very curious as to how things will be post-Qiyamat. Yes, you can read about what's going to happen but its not the same until you actually experience it.

Well, we're all going to find out eventually...:clap:

4 minutes ago, Akbar673 said:

Its not scary if you make it straightaway to Jannah. Between barzakh and the time spent paying the penalties some of us might not get there right away.

Some of us might have to spend some time in the heat at the BBQ before we get to jump in the pool. :blush:

That being said...I am very curious as to how things will be post-Qiyamat. Yes, you can read about what's going to happen but its not the same until you actually experience it.

Haha Insha'Allah we will be granted shifa so we dont need to experience that! Definitely experiencing is so much more different. 

It's always scary to me. The reason is not due to hell or paradise, the the fact, that's it, my opportunity to prove myself to God, or to please God in a way I am pleased of it, will be gone. That this is my only time I have to make my soul, and once that opportunity is gone, doors will be closed. Sure I may get reward if I was good, but, the opportunity of the potential is gone. 

I feel I have much potential that I haven't tapped into and been niggardly regarding my soul and it's well being. 

I feel there is much I can do for God and people, but I haven't done much.

I do fear hell, but the thought that I will live a billion years from now , and look back, and say "what if I did this and that..." always scares me.

I think death is the most important part for the devils so it will probably be the hardest trial, if we dont make it then all of our progress will be lost. The knowing that it will soon be over for all time to come is the best if we have lived a pious life.

I do agree with you, however, I also disagree.

I have always wanted to know what you want to know too, when I feel like everything is too much I remember that it isn't important after death anymore. Whenever I pray or do a good deed I get encouraged to do more because after I die they'll be my pillars and my rewards and the things that'll help me get into heaven.

But, I'm also always scared, even if I do nothing wrong, even after doing a good deed, even after praying the most beautiful prayer... I'll never not be scared, I always think of the bright things first, but after them come the not so happy thoughts. Have I done enough? Am I qualified to go into heaven? Am I doing something wrong? Do I have to do more good deeds? Am I REALLY going to heaven if i died right now? How can I ensure that I'll go to heaven? Or wait, is that even possible?

So to answer your question, it is indeed kind of exciting at first glance, but when I look at the reality of death I get scared.

5 hours ago, Akbar673 said:

Brother what do you mean spend time in the BBQ then pool? That some of us might go to hell then back into heaven after?

Hmm, death? I do think about what follows. I would compare death to our birth. Both relatively short and are probably extremely painful. I do wonder whether our soul will squeeze out of our body... A squeeze both ways? 

Life is the only time I can prove my worth to the heavens. I always thought those going to hell (which can include any of us- la samaha Allah) will weep, cry and beg for forgivness. But they will also want to enter the gates of hell as an act of redemption, so that they can enter heaven feeling deserving of it. I think this because I was taught, in the hereafter we are stripped of our rebelious, cheating and greedy nature. Still, this is only a thought. I also think, that we'd be happy with out status in heaven (whether it be the first or seventh) because our desires and wishes vary. After all, God will grant you everything you ask for. 

But before this, we also have our journey in between. There was a good Iranian movie describing what it'd be like: 

hope it doesn't scare you :s I'm not sure about it's reliability. You can skip most of the first part. The other parts you can find on youtube too :) 

:ws: 

I think a person should have goals they want to accomplish before death. Death itself isn't scary because death itself is either nothingness or it is a door to a new world as we firmly believe. I think most people are afraid of "dying" and not so much "death" itself.

17 hours ago, Althaqalayn12 said:

Brother what do you mean spend time in the BBQ then pool? That some of us might go to hell then back into heaven after?

Isn't that how it goes?

You spend time paying for your sins and then make your way upstairs ?

19 minutes ago, Akbar673 said:

Isn't that how it goes?

You spend time paying for your sins and then make your way upstairs ?

That's what Christians believe in as well as the jews, which is going to hell temporarily...we go to barzakh after this life THEN we go to heaven or hell

2 hours ago, Althaqalayn12 said:

That's what Christians believe in as well as the jews, which is going to hell temporarily...we go to barzakh after this life THEN we go to heaven or hell

There's no consensus on Hell being permanent or temporary for people that are sent there. 

Its only permanent for people committing Shirk. For everyone else, its open to debate based on hadith.

4 hours ago, Akbar673 said:

There's no consensus on Hell being permanent or temporary for people that are sent there. 

Its only permanent for people committing Shirk. For everyone else, its open to debate based on hadith.

What is your proof on hell and heaven being temporary? That is what the Jews believe hence why Allah told them you say what you don’t know about Allah:

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

وَقَالُواْ لَن تَمَسَّنَا النَّارُ إِلاَّ أَيَّاماً مَّعْدُودَةً قُلْ أَتَّخَذْتُمْ عِندَ اللّهِ عَهْدًا فَلَن يُخْلِفَ اللّهُ عَهْدَهُ أَمْ تَقُولُونَ عَلَى اللّهِ مَا لاَ تَعْلَمُونَ 

صدق الله العلي العظيم

Hell and heaven are not temporary, they are forever hence why Allah said those who are in heaven and in hell are khaladeen (live forever).

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

وَأَمَّا الَّذِينَ سُعِدُواْ فَفِي الْجَنَّةِ خَالِدِينَ فِيهَا مَا دَامَتِ السَّمَاوَاتُ وَالأَرْضُ إِلاَّ مَا شَاء رَبُّكَ عَطَاء غَيْرَ مَجْذُوذٍ 

صدق الله العلي العظيم

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

إِنَّ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا مِنْ أَهْلِ الْكِتَابِ وَالْمُشْرِكِينَ فِي نَارِ جَهَنَّمَ خَالِدِينَ فِيهَا أُوْلَئِكَ هُمْ شَرُّ الْبَرِيَّةِ

صدق الله العلي العظيم

Sources: 

Surah Al Baqara 80

سورة البقرة - الآية80 

Surah Duh verse 6

سورة هود - الآية108 

Surah Albayna verse 6 

سورة البينة - الآية6  

Edited by Althaqalayn12

3 hours ago, Althaqalayn12 said:

What is your proof on hell and heaven being temporary? That is what the Jews believe hence why Allah told them you say what you don’t know about Allah:

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

وَقَالُواْ لَن تَمَسَّنَا النَّارُ إِلاَّ أَيَّاماً مَّعْدُودَةً قُلْ أَتَّخَذْتُمْ عِندَ اللّهِ عَهْدًا فَلَن يُخْلِفَ اللّهُ عَهْدَهُ أَمْ تَقُولُونَ عَلَى اللّهِ مَا لاَ تَعْلَمُونَ 

صدق الله العلي العظيم

Hell and heaven are not temporary, they are forever hence why Allah said those who are in heaven and in hell are khaladeen (live forever).

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

وَأَمَّا الَّذِينَ سُعِدُواْ فَفِي الْجَنَّةِ خَالِدِينَ فِيهَا مَا دَامَتِ السَّمَاوَاتُ وَالأَرْضُ إِلاَّ مَا شَاء رَبُّكَ عَطَاء غَيْرَ مَجْذُوذٍ 

صدق الله العلي العظيم

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

إِنَّ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا مِنْ أَهْلِ الْكِتَابِ وَالْمُشْرِكِينَ فِي نَارِ جَهَنَّمَ خَالِدِينَ فِيهَا أُوْلَئِكَ هُمْ شَرُّ الْبَرِيَّةِ

صدق الله العلي العظيم

Sources: 

Surah Al Baqara 80

سورة البقرة - الآية80 

Surah Duh verse 6

سورة هود - الآية108 

Surah Albayna verse 6 

سورة البينة - الآية6  

Hell is not eternal for believers, the Jews aren't considered believers. There is even a Dua which calls on Allah,  begging him to remove them from the fire. (Dua kumayl)

5 hours ago, Abu-Jafar Herz said:

Hell is not eternal for believers, the Jews aren't considered believers. There is even a Dua which calls on Allah,  begging him to remove them from the fire. (Dua kumayl)

What dua are you talking about? besides..I want from the Quran, proof that hell is not eternal. Like I said I showed my side, please prove me otherwise. and who said JEWS ARE NOT BELIEVERS ?!?!?!?!?! THEY ARE! but they believe differently

Edited by Althaqalayn12

12 hours ago, Althaqalayn12 said:

What dua are you talking about? besides..I want from the Quran, proof that hell is not eternal. Like I said I showed my side, please prove me otherwise. and who said JEWS ARE NOT BELIEVERS ?!?!?!?!?! THEY ARE! but they believe differently

Why are you using caps lock and screaming like a 12 year old? Jews are not considered mumineen/believers, this title is reserved for those who hold unto the wilayat of ameer al mumineen.

Firstly, it is the majority position of our Ulema that hell is not eternal for the Muslims (whether Shia or Sunni). Its actually quite famous and well known, and have a plenitude of narrations to support it. We know for a fact that some Muslims will enter the hell fire, but we also know that their stay is not eternal. Go ahead and do a search.

Secondly, your analysis of the above ayat is wrong.

{ خَالِدِينَ فِيهَا مَا دَامَتِ ٱلسَّمَٰوَٰتُ وَٱلأَرْضُ إِلاَّ مَا شَآءَ رَبُّكَ إِنَّ رَبَّكَ فَعَّالٌ لِّمَا يُرِيدُ

This doesn't say at all that those who enter the hellfire will stay there forever. It says clearly in Arabic that it is up to Allah's will. Allah is saying that they will abide and live forever like how the heavens and earth last except what your lords will, and your lord does what he wishes.

Regarding the verse of the Jews, then Allah [swt] is telling them that their belief that they will be in hell temporarily is not guaranteed, and that they talk about what they don't know. They think they will remain Jews, be burnt in the hellfire temporarily no matter what they do, and then continue on to Gan eden until the Resurrection (this is their belief).

Show me where in the Qur'an that Muslims will stay forever in hell? The verse doesn't exist.

قال: حدثني أبو جعفر محمد بن علي بن الحسين قال: حدثني أبي قال: حدثني محمد بن يحيى العطار قال: حدثنا محمد بن أحمد بن يحيى، عن الحسن بن علي الكوفي، عن العباس بن عامر القصباني، عن أحمد بن رزق الغمشاني، عن يحيى ابن أبي العلاء، عن جابر، عن أبي جعفر محمد بن علي بن الحسين، عن أبيه، عن جده عليهم السلام قال: قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم: إنه إذا كان يوم القيامة، وسكن أهل الجنة الجنة، وأهل النار النار، مكث عبد في النار سبعين خريفا والخريف سبعون سنة، ثم إنه يسأل الله عز وجل ويناديه فيقول: يا رب أسألك بحق محمد وأهل بيته لما رحمتني. فيوحي الله جل جلاله إلى جبرئيل عليه السلام [أن] اهبط إلى عبدي فأخرجه، فيقول جبرئيل: وكيف لي بالهبوط في النار؟ فيقول الله تبارك وتعالى: إنه قد أمرتها أن تكون عليك بردا وسلاما. قال: فيقول: يا رب فما علمي بموضعه؟ فيقول: إنه في جب من سجين. فيهبط جبرئيل عليه السلام إلى النار فيجده معقولا على وجهه فيخرجه.
فيقف بين يدي الله عز وجل، فيقول الله تعالى: يا عبدي كم لبثت في النار تناشدني؟ فيقول: يا رب ما أحصيته. فيقول الله عز وجل له: أما وعزتي وجلالي لولا ما (١) سألتني بحقهم عندي لأطلت هوانك في النار، ولكنه حتم على نفسي أن لا يسألني (٢) عبد بحق محمد وأهل بيته إلا غفرت له ما كان بيني وبينه (٣)، وقد غفرت لك اليوم، ثم يؤمر به إلى الجنة

He said: Abu Ja'far Muhammad b. Ali b. al-Husain reported from his father, who reported from Muhammad b. Yahya al-Attar, who reported from Muhammad b.Ahmad b. Yahya, from al-Hasan b. Ali al-Kufi, from al-Abbas b. Amir al-Qasbani, from Ahmad b. Rizq al-Ghamshani, from Yahya b. Abul Ala', from Jabir, from Abu Ja'far Muhammad b. Ali b. al-Husain, from his father, from his  grandfather (عليه السلام), who said:

The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم), said: "On the Day of Judgement, when the People of Paradise will have settled in their blissful gardens and the people of hell will be in the fire, there will be one who spent seventy autumns in the fire, each autumn is equal to seventy years; then he will beseech Allah, Most High, imploring: "O my Sustainer, I ask you in the name of Muhammad and the inmates of his house to have mercy on me." Then Allah, Most Mighty, will command Jibraeel  (عليه السلام): "Descend to my servant and release him." Jibraeel would say: "How can I descend into hellfire?" Allah, Most Benevolent, would say: "We have commanded the fire to be cold and safe for you." He (Jibraeel) would say: "O my Sustainer! How do I know where he is located?" Allah would say: "He is in the pit of Sijjin." Then Jibraeel would descend into the fire, find him shackled onto his face, so he will get him out. There he (the servant) stands in the presence of Allah, Most High; then Allah
addresses him: "O My servant, for how long have you been in fire, entreating Me thus?" He would say: "I have no count." Allah, Most High, would say: "By My Honour, had you not beseeched in the name of those, who have a status in My estimation, you would have stayed there in a prolonged humiliation. But, I have ordained for Myself that no one asks me in the name of Muhammad and the inmates of his household, except that I forgive him all that is between Me and him. So, I have pardoned you today." Then Allah will command for him to be taken to the Paradise.

Grading:
  1. Hadi Najafi:"Muwaththaq Sanad" (Mawsu'at Ahadith Ahl al-Bayt 11/202)

On 25/4/2016 at 11:58 PM, HayderM said:

Salam,

Hello

Nice Post sharing.

Edited by nadinesauriol

7 hours ago, Abu-Jafar Herz said:

Why are you using caps lock and screaming like a 12 year old? Jews are not considered mumineen/believers, this title is reserved for those who hold unto the wilayat of ameer al mumineen.

Firstly, it is the majority position of our Ulema that hell is not eternal for the Muslims (whether Shia or Sunni). Its actually quite famous and well known, and have a plenitude of narrations to support it. We know for a fact that some Muslims will enter the hell fire, but we also know that their stay is not eternal. Go ahead and do a search.

Secondly, your analysis of the above ayat is wrong.

{ خَالِدِينَ فِيهَا مَا دَامَتِ ٱلسَّمَٰوَٰتُ وَٱلأَرْضُ إِلاَّ مَا شَآءَ رَبُّكَ إِنَّ رَبَّكَ فَعَّالٌ لِّمَا يُرِيدُ

This doesn't say at all that those who enter the hellfire will stay there forever. It says clearly in Arabic that it is up to Allah's will. Allah is saying that they will abide and live forever like how the heavens and earth last except what your lords will, and your lord does what he wishes.

Regarding the verse of the Jews, then Allah [swt] is telling them that their belief that they will be in hell temporarily is not guaranteed, and that they talk about what they don't know. They think they will remain Jews, be burnt in the hellfire temporarily no matter what they do, and then continue on to Gan eden until the Resurrection (this is their belief).

Show me where in the Qur'an that Muslims will stay forever in hell? The verse doesn't exist.

1)Screaming? who said Caps are for screaming? they are my way of making sure you read the important stuff.

2)Second of all you are wrong. Sunnis are believers too, the devil is a believer, so are the Jews, but some choose kufor. The devil believes in God doesn't he? he KNOWS there is a God but chooses to not follow...that's for one. Other than that, who said All Mu'mineen are going to heaven?

3){ خَالِدِينَ فِيهَا مَا دَامَتِ ٱلسَّمَٰوَٰتُ وَٱلأَرْضُ إِلاَّ مَا شَآءَ رَبُّكَ إِنَّ رَبَّكَ فَعَّالٌ لِّمَا يُرِيدُ <--In hell/Heaven forever UNLESS YOUR LORD WISHES other wise, which is obvious yes, but that is NOT a GUARANTEE. So do please, show me a verse that SAYS which you have failed to show until now, that the mumineen will be burned in hell, then taken out into heaven. Also what you said about the ulama is false, the ulama know that people live in heaven or hell forever UNLESS Allah chooses other wise, there is a difference.

Edited by Althaqalayn12

6 hours ago, Dhulfikar said:
 قال: حدثني أبو جعفر محمد بن علي بن الحسين قال: حدثني أبي قال: حدثني محمد بن يحيى العطار قال: حدثنا محمد بن أحمد بن يحيى، عن الحسن بن علي الكوفي، عن العباس بن عامر القصباني، عن أحمد بن رزق الغمشاني، عن يحيى ابن أبي العلاء، عن جابر، عن أبي جعفر محمد بن علي بن الحسين، عن أبيه، عن جده عليهم السلام قال: قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم: إنه إذا كان يوم القيامة، وسكن أهل الجنة الجنة، وأهل النار النار، مكث عبد في النار سبعين خريفا والخريف سبعون سنة، ثم إنه يسأل الله عز وجل ويناديه فيقول: يا رب أسألك بحق محمد وأهل بيته لما رحمتني. فيوحي الله جل جلاله إلى جبرئيل عليه السلام [أن] اهبط إلى عبدي فأخرجه، فيقول جبرئيل: وكيف لي بالهبوط في النار؟ فيقول الله تبارك وتعالى: إنه قد أمرتها أن تكون عليك بردا وسلاما. قال: فيقول: يا رب فما علمي بموضعه؟ فيقول: إنه في جب من سجين. فيهبط جبرئيل عليه السلام إلى النار فيجده معقولا على وجهه فيخرجه.
فيقف بين يدي الله عز وجل، فيقول الله تعالى: يا عبدي كم لبثت في النار تناشدني؟ فيقول: يا رب ما أحصيته. فيقول الله عز وجل له: أما وعزتي وجلالي لولا ما (١) سألتني بحقهم عندي لأطلت هوانك في النار، ولكنه حتم على نفسي أن لا يسألني (٢) عبد بحق محمد وأهل بيته إلا غفرت له ما كان بيني وبينه (٣)، وقد غفرت لك اليوم، ثم يؤمر به إلى الجنة

He said: Abu Ja'far Muhammad b. Ali b. al-Husain reported from his father, who reported from Muhammad b. Yahya al-Attar, who reported from Muhammad b.Ahmad b. Yahya, from al-Hasan b. Ali al-Kufi, from al-Abbas b. Amir al-Qasbani, from Ahmad b. Rizq al-Ghamshani, from Yahya b. Abul Ala', from Jabir, from Abu Ja'far Muhammad b. Ali b. al-Husain, from his father, from his  grandfather (عليه السلام), who said:

The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم), said: "On the Day of Judgement, when the People of Paradise will have settled in their blissful gardens and the people of hell will be in the fire, there will be one who spent seventy autumns in the fire, each autumn is equal to seventy years; then he will beseech Allah, Most High, imploring: "O my Sustainer, I ask you in the name of Muhammad and the inmates of his house to have mercy on me." Then Allah, Most Mighty, will command Jibraeel  (عليه السلام): "Descend to my servant and release him." Jibraeel would say: "How can I descend into hellfire?" Allah, Most Benevolent, would say: "We have commanded the fire to be cold and safe for you." He (Jibraeel) would say: "O my Sustainer! How do I know where he is located?" Allah would say: "He is in the pit of Sijjin." Then Jibraeel would descend into the fire, find him shackled onto his face, so he will get him out. There he (the servant) stands in the presence of Allah, Most High; then Allah
addresses him: "O My servant, for how long have you been in fire, entreating Me thus?" He would say: "I have no count." Allah, Most High, would say: "By My Honour, had you not beseeched in the name of those, who have a status in My estimation, you would have stayed there in a prolonged humiliation. But, I have ordained for Myself that no one asks me in the name of Muhammad and the inmates of his household, except that I forgive him all that is between Me and him. So, I have pardoned you today." Then Allah will command for him to be taken to the Paradise.

Grading:
  1. Hadi Najafi:"Muwaththaq Sanad" (Mawsu'at Ahadith Ahl al-Bayt 11/202)

So Abu Bakr and Omar and Uthman can say that and go to heaven? Obviously not. it has rules and different situations.

19 hours ago, Althaqalayn12 said:

So Abu Bakr and Omar and Uthman can say that and go to heaven? Obviously not. it has rules and different situations.

We don't believe these three after Nabi stayed longer as Muslim, they created innovations and did not take care of Ahlulbait (as) and have misguided most of the Muslims. The hadith is a proof that Hell is not eternal necessary for particular people.