Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Is there a verse in the quran that says Human are made out of clay or something similar ?

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member

srsly ?

” وَلَقَدۡ خَلَقۡنَا الۡإِنسَانَ مِن سُلَالَةٍ مِّن طِينٍ ”

23- سورة المؤمنين؛ الآية 12

” الَّذِي أَحۡسَنَ كُلَّ شَيۡءٍ خَلَقَهُ وَبَدَأَ خَلۡقَ الۡإِنسَانِ مِن طِينٍ ”

32- سورة السجدة، الآية 7

” وَمِنۡ آيَاتِهِ أَنۡ خَلَقَكُم مِّن تُرَابٍ ثُمَّ إِذَا أَنتُم بَشَرٌ تَنتَشِرُونَ ”

30 – سورة الروم؛ الآية 20

22 minutes ago, Chaotic Muslem said:

srsly ?

” وَلَقَدۡ خَلَقۡنَا الۡإِنسَانَ مِن سُلَالَةٍ مِّن طِينٍ ”

23- سورة المؤمنين؛ الآية 12

” الَّذِي أَحۡسَنَ كُلَّ شَيۡءٍ خَلَقَهُ وَبَدَأَ خَلۡقَ الۡإِنسَانِ مِن طِينٍ ”

32- سورة السجدة، الآية 7

” وَمِنۡ آيَاتِهِ أَنۡ خَلَقَكُم مِّن تُرَابٍ ثُمَّ إِذَا أَنتُم بَشَرٌ تَنتَشِرُونَ ”

30 – سورة الروم؛ الآية 20

Well this is great (sarcastic), I'm confused, again.

• Veteran Member
18 minutes ago, HumanForLife said:

Well this is great (sarcastic), I'm confused, again.

what confuses you?

Why you put yourself in confusion when there is non?

You are asking about a verse in Quran that is very commonly cited so the easy way to go is :

1-google

2- get familiar with a search engine for Quran

3- copy a line of the verse i posted in google

4- read Quran more often.

• Moderators

The creation from clay/dirt mentioned in these verses is in no way peculiar to Islam. It is a belief held by the Christian, Egyptian, Sumerian, Chinese, Greek, and First Nation religions, among a variety of others.

Read through this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creation_of_man_from_clay

Moreover, this belief can be justified by a variety of explanations. Haroun Yahya explains it as referring to the high proportion of the element carbon in creation, while others have proposed explanations more compatible with the theory of evolution, such as these: 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2488467/Scientists-believe-beginnings-CLAY.html

http://www.answering-christianity.com/life_from_clay.htm

• Advanced Member
6 hours ago, HumanForLife said:

Evolution is what confuses me.

I plan on taking a few weeks off work to research.

I have never seen a new species come out of an old, but different species adopting to various circumstances. Humans are one species but our genetics have adopted somewhat.

Edited by sefket83
  • Advanced Member
9 hours ago, HumanForLife said:

المؤمنون Al-Muminoon

وَلَقَدْ خَلَقْنَا الْإِنسَانَ مِن سُلَالَةٍ مِّن طِينٍ (12) ثُمَّ جَعَلْنَاهُ نُطْفَةً فِي قَرَارٍ مَّكِينٍ (13) ثُمَّ خَلَقْنَا النُّطْفَةَ عَلَقَةً فَخَلَقْنَا الْعَلَقَةَ مُضْغَةً فَخَلَقْنَا الْمُضْغَةَ عِظَامًا فَكَسَوْنَا الْعِظَامَ لَحْمًا ثُمَّ أَنشَأْنَاهُ خَلْقًا آخَرَ ۚ فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ (14) ثُمَّ إِنَّكُم بَعْدَ ذَٰلِكَ لَمَيِّتُونَ(15) ثُمَّ إِنَّكُمْ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ تُبْعَثُونَ (16

(12) And certainly did We create man from an extract of clay.

(13) Then We placed him as a sperm-drop in a firm lodging.

(14) Then We made the sperm-drop into a clinging clot, and We made the clot into a lump [of flesh], and We made [from] the lump, bones, and We covered the bones with flesh; then We developed him into another creation. So blessed is Allah, the best of creators.

(15) Then indeed, after that you are to die.

(16) Then indeed you, on the Day of Resurrection, will be resurrected.

(17) And We have created above you seven layered heavens, and never have We been of [Our] creation unaware.

Edited by sakura1994
  • Advanced Member

If you speak arabic and want to learn about the theory of evolution, search in youtube for نظرية التطور l الدكتور عدنان ابراهيم or click this video and on youtube you have all the series of the program. The first episode has english subs the rest is only in arabic. 

Edited by colargol
  • Advanced Member
4 hours ago, Quiet one said:

Humans are made of clay...but yet we are according to scientific evidence 70% water I see a contradiction in the Quran someone please help....

Sura 21 verse 30 Do not those who disbelieve see that the heavens and the earth were closed up, but We have opened them; and We have made of water everything living, will they not then believe?

You must know the whole Quran in order to understand it and arabic grammar. Learn from this because it will probably happen again. When in doubt trust the prophet (a.s) he was an smart benevolent honest man and there are signs.

Edited by sefket83
  • Advanced Member
23 hours ago, Quiet one said:

Humans are made of clay...but yet we are according to scientific evidence 70% water I see a contradiction in the Quran someone please help....

طین in Quran means "mud" and mud is mostly water. This is not a contradiction!

Evolution, however, is a problem. It has never been proven, though. Through years, it has improved from a possibility to a probability. Despite all the propaganda around it, they could never find "the missing link" before human. They are still looking for it, and God knows for how long they will.

And even if we take it as proven, the contradictions could be solved. I have not read the idea of exegetes in this regard, but I can say for example that this story of creation is about human soul, which is readied for the body that is forming on Earth through evolution. Or it could be the shape of the body of humans, which they will have after the evolution is complete (like a prototype). Or it might the first ever intelligent human which will go to Earth and be the first to bring the word of God to a newly-formed species which just started to think, and needs help to find its path to God.

There could be much discussion and argument in this regard, but the point is clear: were it proven that there is any kind of evolution in the creation of humans, it is not necessarily a contradiction, although I find the theory of evolution extremely disagreeable and only alive through the power of media held by people trying to deny God's creation.

• Advanced Member
4 hours ago, Salman Haqiqi said:

طین in Quran means "mud" and mud is mostly water. This is not a contradiction!

Evolution, however, is a problem. It has never been proven, though. Through years, it has improved from a possibility to a probability. Despite all the propaganda around it, they could never find "the missing link" before human. They are still looking for it, and God knows for how long they will.

And even if we take it as proven, the contradictions could be solved. I have not read the idea of exegetes in this regard, but I can say for example that this story of creation is about human soul, which is readied for the body that is forming on Earth through evolution. Or it could be the shape of the body of humans, which they will have after the evolution is complete (like a prototype). Or it might the first ever intelligent human which will go to Earth and be the first to bring the word of God to a newly-formed species which just started to think, and needs help to find its path to God.

There could be much discussion and argument in this regard, but the point is clear: were it proven that there is any kind of evolution in the creation of humans, it is not necessarily a contradiction, although I find the theory of evolution extremely disagreeable and only alive through the power of media held by people trying to deny God's creation.

Stephen Hawkings says as long as an explanation for the cause of the Universe is as simple as possible he believes it to be true. Simplicity and truth have nothing to do with each other when it come to things we have no experience of.

Edited by sefket83
  • 3 months later...
  • Advanced Member
On 4/26/2016 at 11:16 AM, sefket83 said:

Stephen Hawkings says as long as an explanation for the cause of the Universe is as simple as possible he believes it to be true. Simplicity and truth have nothing to do with each other when it come to things we have no experience of.

Lately according to Roger Penrose, he no longer believes that Big Bang was by chance.

He now believes that it is a series of specialized Big Bangs. Each specialized Big Bang triggers another specialized Big Bang. According to the Holy Quran, it is Expanding Universe.

He then says Time and Space are illusions and these 2 elements control the other 9 elements.

Imam Khomeini who is a student of Mulla Sadra, tells us that only God is Real and that everything is illusions, we are like shadows, we are only seen when the Light shine on us.

Brother, All we can do is to make wild guess about creation. If you look at the state of the art systems like Universe & Life you can conclude very basic fact i.e., "Knowledge & Power (Ability to work in accordance to knowledge or Qudrat) is prerequisite for the origins of systems like Universe & Life". A Supreme Being therefore exists which we know as Allah.

"Allah is He who created seven heavens, and of the earth the like of them; the decree continues to descend among them, that you may know that Allah has power over all things and that Allah indeed encompasses all things in (His) knowledge". (65:12)

If you are reading the evolution, I would like you to find what is universal common ancestor? a fact or an assumption.

We believe in Universal Common Creator (The Almighty Allah) instead of universal common ancestor. Evolution is known as a "process" while we know the Universe & Life as systems. A process cannot originate a system, rather process is a part of system & works within a system e.g., digestion is a process & you need digestive system for that process, respiration is a system and you need respiratory system for that process.

Quran do speak about change e.g.,

1) We have ordained death among you and We are not to be overcome, In order that We may "bring in" your place the likes of you and make you grow into what you know not. (56:60-61)
2) We created them and made firm their make, and when We please We will "bring in" their place the likes of them by a "Change".      
  (76:28)

So my dear brother, do you know how death is evolved in living organisms?  A spontaneously originated thing (Nauzobillah) whose objective is to survive & reproduce (as per the theory of evolution) has adopted a trait which causes its extinction?

Secondly, how can a process (which is always a part of any system and does not exist without/outside of system) originates a system?

I advise you to stick with holy book (Quran Majeed) and Ahul bait (a.s), there is a lot of conspiracy going on against religion. Have you not heard what Professor Lawrence Krauss claimed? He said that science will wipe out the name of religion from the face of earth in a generation. They want to make everyone Atheist, will you be ready to leave faith? and more important will you be ready to leave "Hussain (a.s)"?