Sign in to follow this  
sakura1994

do you think religion limit human creativity ?

Rate this topic

vote yes or no   

11 members have voted

1. 1. do you think religion limit creativity ?

• yes
    • no

Depends on what you mean , if you mean creativity such as naked dancing and pagan-istic things then yes  it does , but if you mean regarding halal things then not at all , such as scientific discovery and other things like engineering and making life easier in the physical sense through technology then it is no problem , lslam only limits those things God has prohibited otherwise if you are within halal boundaries everything is permissible ,

2 hours ago, sharinganMahdi said:

Depends on what you mean , if you mean creativity such as naked dancing and pagan-istic things then yes  it does , but if you mean regarding halal things then not at all , such as scientific discovery and other things like engineering and making life easier in the physical sense through technology then it is no problem , lslam only limits those things God has prohibited otherwise if you are within halal boundaries everything is permissible ,

would you call this experiment for science and knowledge or waste of honey ?

14 minutes ago, sakura1994 said:

would you call this experiment for science and knowledge or waste of honey ?

cool vid by the way , and no this is not haram per say , you could compare it to playing with toys or playing video games , it's not haram but you could utilise your time with something more productive , all in all it's just leisure which doesn't go out the boundaries of islam so its fine

49 minutes ago, sakura1994 said:

????

yes / No answer , and mention reason or example in comment .

when i went more towards islam i felt the sense of spirituality sort of helped me become more creative, suh as how steve jobs said the zen worked for him, i was into tech and business and i dont know how it sort made things clearer for me or maybe Allah was helping me.

I do not think "religions" limited human creativity. Look at all the blasphemies created to celebrate heathen superstitions.

Yet, I do think these 'religions' have severely limited human thinking --and not just in ignoring the visual ayats.

I think Islam inspires one to think and it is a natural way of life so the brain should become more creative. Other religions I do not know.

Edited by sefket83

Yes AND no.

It doesn't stop you from doing more and more creative projects, and applying new ideas to the world. So, no.

But it does regulate your path towards new ideas, and stops you from entering dangerous paths. So yes.

Children in their early years want to burst with creativity. But they also tend to take dangerous adventures without realizing the danger -- by burning stuff, cutting themselves, or breaking things. A good parent always tries to keep his child's creativity going, while regulating his actions so that his creativity doesn't result in years of pain and regret. Same with God!