Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Why muslim countries so behind in technology, science, & education?


Recommended Posts

  • Veteran Member

Its because all of the talent leaves those countries for more income in Europe or North America. Once they immigrate there and settle down there they don't necessarily return to the country they are originally from (some do, but those are the ones that have problems assimilating into the Western culture). Hence, all of the talented educated folks are adding to the status of the country they live and work in and not in the country they are from. 

Also, their children then continue their lives there and educate themselves there.

So the better question should be "How are Muslims doing in the fields of Tech, Science and Education?". 

If anyone has any stats on how the worldwide Shia diaspora is doing in those fields please share them.

Edited by Akbar673
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Veteran Member

Its an interesting question that i suspect will not have a simple answer. I suspect its a combination of cultural attitudes in Muslims countries contrasting with those in non-Muslims countries (leading to the sharp end of technology based advancement being centred in some non-Muslim countries) and international and regional politics and conflict.

I'm reminded of a lecture on YouTube by Yasir Qadhi called 'The printing press and fall of the Mulsim Ummah'. Check it out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Veteran Member

My humble and probably unpopular opinion: The Prophet said, "I am the City of Knowledge and Ali is its gate."

Muslims countries have left Ali so knowledge has left them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member

Western accomplishment within the last century:

- Degrading human beings through defining them as nothing more than intelligent animals

- Breaking away from divine moral values introduces by the prophets though packaging them all as traditionalism vs modernism. Where traditional must give way for modernity.

- Breaking the family structure through normalizing: promiscuity, pre maternal relations, easy divorce, abortion (millions of dead children), and now homosexuality (very thing Allah destroyed the tribe of prophet Lut for).

         - On average 40%+ of the western population is born out of wedlock and are [Edited Out]s.

- Normalizing consumptions which darken the heart and corrupt the soul: alcohol and pork (western world can't get enough of those)

- Selling out to Zionists, illuminati and iblis warshipers for worldly advancements. An obelisk (monument to ibis) is placed at every major city.

- End results of all this: Society that is sinking further and further into degeneracy, with divine blessing removed from them.

- At this rate we should watch for divine punishment to come for them. They seem to know this as well with all their apocalyptic/end of the world movies they keep creating.

 

Its far easier to develop science and technology in Muslim world than it is to fix the mess of cultural that is in the west.               

Edited by Shiawarrior313
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Administrators
4 hours ago, starlight said:

rps20160421_055740_762.jpg

 

Examine the image a little more closely and you'll see that for 1961 the example chosen is Yuri Gagarin (?). And the CCCP on his helmet stands for the Soviet Union.

Admittedly between 1922 and 1991, the USSR's achievements surpassed those of Islam, but Islam is still here and the USSR isn't.

Guys, we are playing the long game, one that lasts for possibly thousands of years.

As every investor knows, the trick is not achieving fantastic returns and then blowing it, the trick is simply to remain in the game.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member

The Soviet Union may not be around anymore but the scientific advances they made are still present, as are the people. Still very much in use as well.

countries will always come and go, so the OPs question really shouldn't be directed at countries. It's not really a question of religion either because major religions of today contain a very broad variety of adherents across the globe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
22 hours ago, sakura1994 said:

 comparing to the west , no they aren't .

Iran is a country, boycotted and isolated while the West is a civilization that only developed after centuries of war and enriched itself after colonizing all continents outside Europe. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
3 hours ago, Faruk said:

Iran is a country, boycotted and isolated while the West is a civilization that only developed after centuries of war and enriched itself after colonizing all continents outside Europe. 

what are you talking about , Iran is not just country , their history is very old , yeah they weren't always called iran but still that region or place is not new .. they also had many history of wars and they not young nation .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

I think it has mainly to do with religion, politics and culture. Muslim countries are mostly inferior in providing good environment for knowlegable people to thrive. There's no political stability because islam doesnt have good political approach for governance. Islamic faith cannot structure the society and it doesnt emphasize enough on real important stuff to improve human condition.

 

just to add: muslim countries are not alone in this. Hindus, Chinese are also bad at managing their countries.

Edited by Gypsy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Administrators
59 minutes ago, Gypsy said:

I think it has mainly to do with religion, politics and culture. Muslim countries are mostly inferior in providing good environment for knowlegable people to thrive. There's no political stability because islam doesnt have good political approach for governance. Islamic faith cannot structure the society and it doesnt emphasize enough on real important stuff to improve human condition.

Do you not believe in the Islamic faith? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
On 4/21/2016 at 10:12 AM, Haji 2003 said:

 

Examine the image a little more closely and you'll see that for 1961 the example chosen is Yuri Gagarin (?). And the CCCP on his helmet stands for the Soviet Union.

Admittedly between 1922 and 1991, the USSR's achievements surpassed those of Islam, but Islam is still here and the USSR isn't.

Guys, we are playing the long game, one that lasts for possibly thousands of years.

As every investor knows, the trick is not achieving fantastic returns and then blowing it, the trick is simply to remain in the game.

 

While I agree with what you said... but look at it this way.  USSR might not be there but Russia is and still better off than almost all Muslim countries.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Administrators
56 minutes ago, Gypsy said:

Are you insulting me? What a terrible question to ask someone.

In your own words, you've said the Islamic faith "cannot structure the society and it doesnt emphasize enough on real important stuff to improve human condition".

Anyone who believes in the Islamic faith as a complete and comprehensive guide for mankind wouldn't say something like this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
2 hours ago, magma said:

In your own words, you've said the Islamic faith "cannot structure the society and it doesnt emphasize enough on real important stuff to improve human condition".

Anyone who believes in the Islamic faith as a complete and comprehensive guide for mankind wouldn't say something like this.

no offence but I am muslim and I do believe that islam or religion in general kind limit people development , specially when science contradict with religion people tend to pick religion over science and that hold the science back and in most muslim majority country people tend to keep some thinking and culture that hold the development of those nations , and off course I don't need to say how salafits and wahabis are holding the development of gulf countries eventhought those countries are rich in oil and good economy , their is no real development or education in those countries , once their oil is finished they well go back to stone age  .

* if we want to move forward we need to be honest with ourselves .

Edited by sakura1994
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, sakura1994 said:

no offence but I am muslim and I do believe that islam or religion in general kind limit people development , specially when science contradict with religion people tend to pick religion over science and that hold the science back and in most muslim majority country people tend to keep some thinking and culture that hold the development of those nations , and off course I don't need to say how salafits and wahabis are holding the development of gulf countries eventhought those countries are rich in oil and good economy , their is no real development or education in those countries , once their oil is finished they well go back to stone age  .

* if we want to move forward we need to be honest with ourselves .

Lets put aside the current Muslim and humanity situation aside, because we are in a tragic state.

Most Persian and some Arab Muslims were the founders of The most important sciences,which  western countries are still dependent on:

http://www.famousscientists.org/famous-muslim-arab-persian-scientists-and-their-inventions/

The knowledge Imam Jafar Sadiq had discussed or just informed people he had was beyond even current science, and current science may just start understanding.

All you have to do is read the biographies of " true Muslims"

So saying " Islam " in its trueself is the cause of backwardness is a misconception.

If there was no religion such as Islam,Asian  subconinent, African , north Aftican and middle eastern people would still be the same, regardless of religion.

Just put a Japanese or German Muslim and middle eastern/ Subcontinent / African / Asian subcontinent person beside... 

Generally a Japanese/ German Muslim will excel.

Edited by certainclarity
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
2 hours ago, certainclarity said:

Lets put aside the current Muslim and humanity situation aside, because we are in a tragic state.

Most Persian and some Arab Muslims were the founders The most important sciences,which  western countries are still dependent on:

http://www.famousscientists.org/famous-muslim-arab-persian-scientists-and-their-inventions/

The knowledge Imam Jafar Sadiq had discussed or just informed people he had was beyond even current science, and current science may just start understanding.

All you have to do is read the biographies of " true Muslims"

that's the main problem with muslims now day they still living in past , we did that we did this , and don't look at what now need to be done . 

muslims still live in 15 century while the whole world already moved on and living their lives , if we talk about glory history then china had history of being world first in trade and guess what they still are number 1 today , so it's not about whose history is great it's about who can keep that great history a matter of present and plan on future , not keep it in history books and be proud of history they didn't even have any hand in creating .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, sakura1994 said:

that's the main problem with muslims now day they still living in past , we did that we did this , and don't look at what now need to be done . 

muslims still live in 15 century while the whole world already moved on and living their lives , if we talk about glory history then china had history of being world first in trade and guess what they still are number 1 today , so it's not about whose history is great it's about who can keep that great history a matter of present and plan on future , not keep it in history books and be proud of history they didn't even have any hand in creating .

"Lets put aside the current Muslim and humanity situation aside, because we are in a tragic state."

"generally" regardless of religion, middle eastern, Asian subconinent, North African, African people are like this, even if they were atheist or agnostic.

If there was no religion in the world, people of this area would have still been the same.

So it is not about Islam, but about people of these areas specifically.

You can test this by putting three atheist of various places ( say African, Japanese, Arab) in one project and see the result for yourself. 

Edited by certainclarity
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
2 hours ago, certainclarity said:

"Lets put aside the current Muslim and humanity situation aside, because we are in a tragic state."

"generally" regardless of religion, middle eastern, Asian subconinent, North African, African people are like this, even if they were atheist or agnostic.

If there was no religion in the world, people of this area would have still been the same.

you missing the whole point , I don't say if their was no religion it would be better , I said that religion limit the people development cuz people hold into religion too much that they reject anything that coming new , did you know in middle age of europe the priests of churchs forbidden people to use lamps on street in night time cuz he said that the light is only for jesus , same for muslims many muslim males still want to do female genetail mutation kitan and they claim it's part of religion , do you know that only recently it's been banned in some countries and considered as crime !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, sakura1994 said:

you missing the whole point , I don't say if their was no religion it would be better , I said that religion limit the people development cuz people hold into religion too much that they reject anything that coming new , did you know in middle age of europe the priests of churchs forbidden people to use lamps on street in night time cuz he said that the light is only for jesus , same for muslims many muslim males still want to do female genetail mutation kitan and they claim it's part of religion , do you know that only recently it's been banned in some countries and considered as crime !

If by religion you mean way of life, barely no one is following true Islam... Most think they are Muslims but are following their own way of life, not the truth of Islam.

They are following the religion of "ignorance" under the name of "Islam"

Yes, so probably their own assumptions of what Islam is, is holding them back, not what actually Islam has taught.

According to Imam Ali, there will come a time that nothing of Islam will be left but it's name !

So what people are following now is not real religion of Islam but just a name .

You should watch the serial of Jaber ibn hayyan, the ignorant Muslims of his time, wanted to execute him, because he was teaching alchemy, and the so called ignorant muslim caliphs of his time, said he is doing kufr !

But the real Muslim , Imam Jafar Al-Sadiq was his teacher, and encouraged him.

So the issue is ignorance not Islam in its true sense, whether 1400 years ago or 100 years ahead.

I would rather call what most people follow SLAM than ISLAM nowadays .

Imam Ali:

Your enemy is not the Christians and Jews, it is your ignorance.

Edited by certainclarity
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, sakura1994 said:

 same for muslims many muslim males still want to do female genetail mutation kitan and they claim it's part of religion , do you know that only recently it's been banned in some countries and considered as crime !

These so called Muslims are like a bunch of butchers who claim to be medical surgeons.

This does not mean the medical surgeons are backward, it's just they are too many butchers pretending to be medical surgeons.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sakura1994 said:

no offence but I am muslim and I do believe that islam or religion in general kind limit people development , specially when science contradict with religion people tend to pick religion over science and that hold the science back and in most muslim majority country people tend to keep some thinking and culture that hold the development of those nations , and off course I don't need to say how salafits and wahabis are holding the development of gulf countries eventhought those countries are rich in oil and good economy , their is no real development or education in those countries , once their oil is finished they well go back to stone age  .

* if we want to move forward we need to be honest with ourselves .

Are you saying islam limits peoples development or religions other than islam is ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
3 hours ago, certainclarity said:

 

2 hours ago, HumanForLife said:

Are you saying islam limits peoples development or religions other than islam is ? 

 

 both , religion in general used to limit or hold people development , and now day salafits and sectarian shia/sunni etc  hold islam and muslims development , and fitna sheikhs/imams are the reason for the emerge of groups like isis , like it or not isis are using islam to gather people , and they actually succeeding cuz majority of muslims are uneducated and behind in logic , science ,and basic knowledge & education of 21 century .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member

I think certain clarity is correct in that many Muslims aren't following true Islam. Same with Christians. And Sakura is correct in that many Muslims use their perceived version of Islam for guidance, which may be incorrect and may set them back.

the whole wahabi salafi thing is pretty clear in this regard.

the difficulty, and this exists in Christianity as well, is that one sect cannot demonstrate truth over another. So it becomes difficult to unify any religion. I think it then becomes the responsibility of Imams to find a way to convey a message of peace and love to the young ones. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...