Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Follower of Truth

Is Bashar Al-Asad muslim?

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, Follower of Truth said:

As far as i know while discussing about beliefs and practices of a religious group, websites like wikipedia, encyclopedia brittanica tend to be neutral and fair with proper reference and information.

your internet alawite friend said that they are shia with some different beliefs from twelvers. but everybody knows that alawism is offshoot of shiism just as ahmadis are offshoot of ahlus sunnah of india. alawis believe in twelve imams like mainstream twelvers. so they are offshoot of not only shia but also twelver shia. but what i want to say that how different beliefs alawites have from mainstream ithna ashari. if any sect believe that ali is God or incarnation of God then how can that sect be muslim even though they claim to be shia? moreover they don't feel the need to perform salah, sawm etc. so despite all this, can they be muslim by claiming to be shia in a different way?

They said to me that the claiming attribute to them saying that Ali as is god is fake propaganda against them .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, alidu78 said:

They said to me that the claiming attribute to them saying that Ali as is god is fake propaganda against them .

i would be pleased if its true. but from many different sources i am at least confirmed that they hold several ghulat believes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, alidu78 said:

"Many différent sources" like wikipedia ?

no. also from some shia websites. and more importantly once i visited a alawite website supporting al asad. in that i was shocked to see them ridiculing some islamic aspects. as for example in alawite community women dont wear hijab. that side took pride in it saying they are free women. and showing pictures of hijabi women they call them bonded and oppressed women.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only democracy in the M-E is Syria. Not Israel. And Assad has the duty to defend his country against terrorism, imperialism and zionism.

Edited by Faruk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Follower of Truth said:

no. also from some shia websites. and more importantly once i visited a alawite website supporting al asad. in that i was shocked to see them ridiculing some islamic aspects. as for example in alawite community women dont wear hijab. that side took pride in it saying they are free women. and showing pictures of hijabi women they call them bonded and oppressed women.

Could you give me the links if these alawite website ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Before the civil war even started, in this century, with the knowledge we have, he should of formed a democracy. 

Hezbollah interest should not triumph over principle. 

Yes Basharal al-Asad is a lesser evil then the opposition. None the less, it's lesser evil and not the only alternative.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Imam musa sadr declared alawis as Muslims and he had far more knowledge than any misinformation spread on Wikipedia. 

The issue with Syria has nothing to do with Assad, as it has everything to do with Syria being in the fold of the anti Zionist resistance movement, hence you see Zionist sponsored wahabis pouring in from the neighbouring countries (Jordan, turkey, Saudi arabia) with secular, non Islamic or anti Islamic governments and none of the critics of Assad batting an eye. If Assad were to suddenly abandon the resistance, then the jihadi invasion would end as quickly as it started and Syria would be celebrated as an inspiration for all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, alidu78 said:

"Many différent sources" like wikipedia ?

You my friend have a psychological problem called dunning kruger, where YOU think you are right only in your head and everybody else is wrong even though you are wrong. Let me teach you a little history.

Saddam

1)Iraq-Iran war.

2)Iraq-Kuwait war.

3)Iraq-Gulf war.

4)US-Iraq war.

5)Prosecuting Kurds and shiites.

Bashar

1)Civil war that was started because NATO wanted an oil pipe to go through KSA,Qatar,Turkey and back to west Europe to hurt the Russians, asked Assad, he rejected because His father had good relations with Russia so NATO Rebels got armed by NATO to fight assad. http://www.news.com.au/world/middle-east/is-the-fight-over-a-gas-pipeline-fuelling-the-worlds-bloodiest-conflict/news-story/74efcba9554c10bd35e280b63a9afb74

==================================================================

Regarding the Alawites, they are shia jaffari muslims, don't make stuff up about them.

Edited by Althaqalayn12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, alidu78 said:

Could you give me the links if these alawite website ?

i would be happy if i could now. almost a year ago when researching about syrian civil war then suddenly i came across that site. now i cant remember the name of that site. just now i have tried to find it out but have failed. dont know whether that site even exists now.

however, alawites are indeed mysterious group with several conflicting news. Allah knows what is truth. another problem is their staunch practice of taqiyya, more extreme than mainstream shia. so knowing their actual belief is difficult. another possibility is that different alawites have different beliefs. while some holds ghulat beliefs while others not. Allah knows best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 hours ago, Follower of Truth said:

i would be happy if i could now. almost a year ago when researching about syrian civil war then suddenly i came across that site. now i cant remember the name of that site. just now i have tried to find it out but have failed. dont know whether that site even exists now.

however, alawites are indeed mysterious group with several conflicting news. Allah knows what is truth. another problem is their staunch practice of taqiyya, more extreme than mainstream shia. so knowing their actual belief is difficult. another possibility is that different alawites have different beliefs. while some holds ghulat beliefs while others not. Allah knows best.

Seems like you reject the Quran by Rejecting taqyiyya, and you know what the means? I will let you comment on that. The Arabic words are right there "Tataqoo minhom taqat".

1- ( لا يتخذ المؤمنون الكافرين أولياء من دون المؤمنين ومن يفعل ذلك فليس من الله في شئ إلا أن تتقوا منهم تقاة ويحذركم الله نفسه وإلى الله المصير ) 

2- ( من كفر بالله من بعد إيمانه إلا من أكره وقلبه مطمئن بالإيمان ولكن من شرح بالكفر صدرا " فعليهم غضب من الله ولهم عذاب عظيم )

 

1-Ali Imran 28.Let not believers take disbelievers as allies rather than believers. And whoever [of you] does that has nothing with Allah , except when taking precaution against them in prudence. And Allah warns you of Himself, and to Allah is the [final] destination.

2-AN NAHL 106.Whoever disbelieves in Allah after his belief... except for one who is forced [to renounce his religion] while his heart is secure in faith. But those who [willingly] open their breasts to disbelief, upon them is wrath from Allah , and for them is a great punishment;

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second of All don't lie about Alawites like Aysha lied to the prophet.

Edited by Althaqalayn12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Assalamu Alaykum.

Wikipedia is not an accurate or reliable source. I learnt this basic fact years ago in high school, and it was reinforced during my studies in Law.

To reinforce how unreliable it is, the law stuff at my university had warned students about using Wikipedia, and then they went on the relevant Wiki pages to change important facts and figures. They knew exactly which students had used Wikipedia, because they were the ones who had all the false information. I was glad I had taken their word of caution seriously, and refrained from Wikipedia, regardless of how convenient it may be.

Further, my sister and her gaming friends enjoy editing Wikipedia pages for fun. These are pages that can be edited by anyone, and the authors names are not mentioned. Hence, it is not a reliable source.

We must always endeavour to seek the truth through good source analysis.

Wassalam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why even bother defend Assad or anyone in his category?

Why not go also defend the Saudi or Bahraini Kings?

Why the hypocrisy? 

Arab Baathism is a long finished and failed ideology even before 2003 invasion, it really went down hill after Israeli success in the Six Day War 1967. Assad and his family are living relics of that ideology.

Be honest, we all know Bashar Assad acts as a conduit for IRI to reach Hezbollah in Lebanon. That is why a lot of you support him and I am not here to validate or support this agenda at all. Be upfront about it at least instead of going around it and finding other reasons to support him.

Why not you all wish peace and stablity in that country for the people, instead rambling on about whose better and the bogus politics.

Edited by Zendegi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, alidu78 said:

Are you joking me ? Bashar just bombed many civilians and provocated one of the most brutal civil war of this century .

Yeah.. If your source for the Syrian "Civil war" is CNN.. Al-Assad is a good man. He stands against Israel/USA Zionist hegemony and defends minority's. Its not a civil war, its a foreign lead forced regime change using CIA mercenary's as proxies like what the US/NATO did to Libya, Iraq, Yemen, Ukraine, etc. Syria was one of the few places a mosque and church are on the same street with no problem.

 

Hafiz and Bashar built that Syria. No one else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Zendegi said:

Why even bother defend Assad or anyone in his category?

Why not go also defend the Saudi or Bahraini Kings?

Why the hypocrisy? 

Arab Baathism is a long finished and failed ideology even before 2003 invasion, it really went down hill after Israeli success in the Six Day War 1967. Assad and his family are living relics of that ideology.

Be honest, we all know Bashar Assad acts as a conduit for IRI to reach Hezbollah in Lebanon. That is why a lot of you support him and I am not here to validate or support this agenda at all. Be upfront about it at least instead of going around it and finding other reasons to support him.

Why not you all wish peace and stablity in that country for the people, instead rambling on about whose better and the bogus politics.

Bashar is not even remotely close to being in the same boat as the House of Saud. Nice try though. Arab Baathism is a good ideology and it worked great for the countries it was in. (excluding Iraq and Saddam's crimes against Shi'a) And Assad had stability until Israel/US tried to destroy Syria. The entire Middle east was FINE until Israel and the US appeared in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, roya1b100d said:

Bashar is not even remotely close to being in the same boat as the House of Saud. Nice try though. Arab Baathism is a good ideology and it worked great for the countries it was in. (excluding Iraq and Saddam's crimes against Shi'a) And Assad had stability until Israel/US tried to destroy Syria. The entire Middle east was FINE until Israel and the US appeared in it.

They have both engaged in suppressing protests against their regimes in a tough violent manner. Arab Baathists were a massive failure, united they lost big time against a small entity like Israel even though had much more superior Soviet Weaponry and Fighter Jets. Soviets helped these Baathists more than they ever helped the Vietnamese against the US Invasion, still they were a bunch of nutjobs and failures. I feel sorry for the Soviets, how could they deal with these maniacs?

Baathism is the Middle Eastern variant of Fascism. Its has always been an expasionist, racist, authoritarian, repressive and backward ideology which never lived up to its promise.

Yeah and stuff Arab Nationalism of any sort, its stupid and idiotic. People like Turks, Iranians, Kurds and Jews have had enough of this nonsense and have suffered consequently. Enough of it already, move on with life and get a proper education for all these brainwashed people.

Arab countries dystroyed themselves, why should other countries take all the blame for all the problems and misdoings in these Arab countries. These Arab governments havent done anything positive for their own people instead being corrupt bunch of pigs!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:bismillah:

:salam: 

 

Everyone in this war is a murderer and that includes the president of Syria too. The scale doesn't matter and the assad family is known for torturing anyone with the slightest opposition to them, barrel bombing civilian areas etc..

This doesn't mean his opponents aren't worse, no one can deny the fact that he's a murderer too.

Also al Assad is no puppet, having the same interests of another country is something much different.

Hezbollah is considered to be a proxy if you look into the definition however it all changes when ideology is mentioned.

Edited by Ali Hamieh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Arab countries dystroyed themselves, why should other countries take all the blame for all the problems and misdoings in these Arab countries. These Arab governments havent done anything positive for their own people instead being corrupt bunch of pigs!

I think Iraq is good example that even when they took Bathis out of government, look how they handle it now in name of democracy . Corruptions after corruptions in different forms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...