Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Are there many iranians who convert to christianity ?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, alidu78 said:

I dont know what she said to you but in Iran that looks similar... Some are very implicate about religion when some other iranians will do exactly the opposite and leave religion :( .

that because the majority of muslim families think religion is something to inherent or because they muslims they expect their children to be automatically muslims as well  , so they don't take any effort to show their kids the beauty of islam and teach them the religion from it's base , they just tell the child to do as you see us do and that's it .. it's same for me , no one teached me how to pray or do ghusl , that's why until I found the internet I have been doing what I saw my parents do , with out any understanding or belief , I just do what I am told , that's why I had time when I was rebellion and I almost turned to atheism but then I did my own search and found out that islam is not what I am being told , it's set of law that everything is haram , anything is haram , I found respect and love in my religion that my parents didn't teach me , they didn't tell me that islam was beautiful , they just told me to do and don't , never cared to explain , but then I reliesed that their parents as well taught them the religion this way , and they only repeated what they know .

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, sakura1994 said:

I would say it's exaggerated but it's true that youth are rejecting their elders way of thinking , and it's all because of the internet and the globalization , the youth feel like they being jailed in their parents and grandparents way of life , and they can't tolerate it when they see their is other options , also it's not only iran but also many in algeria and tunisia are turning to atheism or Christianity , basically those who turning to Christianity are not joining because it's good religion but because it's less stict , and their they can get some advantages like getting visa and immigration etc . 

hmm. i knew that majority of iranians living in western nations are irreligious even anti-religious. but i didnt know that even inside iran situation is not very good specially among youth. its really very sad because this situation is existing in a country where revolutionary islamic government is in power. i think they failed to educate the youth sufficiently about islam.

• Advanced Member
29 minutes ago, sakura1994 said:

that because the majority of muslim families think religion is something to inherent or because they muslims they expect their children to be automatically muslims as well  , so they don't take any effort to show their kids the beauty of islam and teach them the religion from it's base , they just tell the child to do as you see us do and that's it .. it's same for me , no one teached me how to pray or do ghusl , that's why until I found the internet I have been doing what I saw my parents do , with out any understanding or belief , I just do what I am told , that's why I had time when I was rebellion and I almost turned to atheism but then I did my own search and found out that islam is not what I am being told , it's set of law that everything is haram , anything is haram , I found respect and love in my religion that my parents didn't teach me , they didn't tell me that islam was beautiful , they just told me to do and don't , never cared to explain , but then I reliesed that their parents as well taught them the religion this way , and they only repeated what they know .

You have a story very similar to me .

• Advanced Member
4 minutes ago, Follower of Truth said:

hmm. i knew that majority of iranians living in western nations are irreligious even anti-religious. but i didnt know that even inside iran situation is not very good specially among youth. its really very sad because this situation is existing in a country where revolutionary islamic government is in power. i think they failed to educate the youth sufficiently about islam.

The big majority of iranians in iran are always muslims ! 

• Advanced Member
29 minutes ago, sakura1994 said:

Oao! exactly same experience i have encountered.

• Advanced Member
On 4/17/2016 at 7:49 PM, Follower of Truth said:

so the news of youth of iran becoming atheists and christians is true?

look, I dont think many of them have become atheists, but in recent years , the number of people who have gone far from islam has increased much. 

• Advanced Member

It is because young people are in general stupid people. And stupid people can in general not think long term and see the whole picture and they love nothing more then to blame someone ells for their life problems.

This has nothing to do with Iran,  it is the same all over the world, we live in different times and the internet has changed how we get influenced immensly. The parents have failed their kids and the kids have failed them self.

Have no doubt, this is end times. Having said that, iran is the best and strongest shia nation in the world. Period.

4 hours ago, alidu78 said:

I have a friend of me who is french iranian who is doing sudies in iran for becoming mullahs. He explained to me that many Young iranians don't leave islam but hate mullahs and many become something like "deist", they will say to you something like "i have a god but no religion". But he said also that in general many iranians in western countries who are people (or children of this people) who fled islamic revolution are kuffars.

But this persian channels where they come from ? Who finance them ? Independant iranians ? Or americans and zionists ?

There are definitely some youth leaving Islam, but it isn't a large number and very rarely based on academic or intellectual reasoning. I know people in Iran who do not really follow organised religion but still don't 'hate' Islam, or announce that they do not label themselves Muslim. 

Most of the channels are being run and funded from outside of Iran. Channels like BBC Persia, VOA Persia (however they are spelt), different channels funded by Iranians who fled the country. I don't have any documents to show Israeli involvement, but i wouldn't be at all surprised if they had a big role to play too. 

• Advanced Member
9 minutes ago, Al-Englisi said:

There are definitely some youth leaving Islam, but it isn't a large number and very rarely based on academic or intellectual reasoning. I know people in Iran who do not really follow organised religion but still don't 'hate' Islam, or announce that they do not label themselves Muslim.

Most of the channels are being run and funded from outside of Iran. Channels like BBC Persia, VOA Persia (however they are spelt), different channels funded by Iranians who fled the country. I don't have any documents to show Israeli involvement, but i wouldn't be at all surprised if they had a big role to play too.

Many of them leave islam because of "persian nationalism". For exemple i saw many of them that in reality persians must be zoroastrians and not muslims.

But they say to be zoroastrians only by "nationalism but not by faith" because if you ask them "do you believe in Ahura Mazda ?" and they answer honneslty they will answer no.

• Advanced Member
On 4/17/2016 at 0:29 AM, alidu78 said:

Do you thinkl that could change ?

As i see in Iran. most of educated people don't have trust on government and guess what! most of educated people who support government pretend to be their supporter just because they are afraid of losing their opportunities . 

I can give some examples about what happened to me during PhD interview and also teaching interview.  

I am a religious person and I do believe in Islam completely and I will more happy if Iranian people support Islamic rules but  in the same time I am happy that Iranian people are not brainwashed. they ask questions and government need to answer. they ask question about injustice and since government claim they are religious and their regime is holly ! they have to be responsible.

if government just shut them up instead of correcting their-self, people find Islamic government incompetent and dishonest. it is so natural. 

I think Iranian people have sense of Devotion toward truth and they have proved it many times. if they don't see truth in government then we should think about  government's behavior more and more. 

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Golden-crowned said:

As i see in Iran. most of educated people don't have trust on government and guess what! most of educated people who support government pretend to be their supporter just because they are afraid of losing their opportunities . 

I can give some examples about what happened to me during PhD interview and also teaching interview.  

I am a religious person and I do believe in Islam completely and I will more happy if Iranian people support Islamic rules but  in the same time I am happy that Iranian people are not brainwashed. they ask questions and government need to answer. they ask question about injustice and since government claim they are religious and their regime is holly ! they have to be responsible.

if government just shut them up instead of correcting their-self, people find Islamic government incompetent and dishonest. it is so natural. 

I think Iranian people have sense of Devotion toward truth and they have proved it many times. if they don't see truth in government then we should think about  government's behavior more and more. 

The problem when you have an islamic government is that when this government do mistakes people think its because of islam .

• Advanced Member
On 2016-04-18 at 11:31 AM, Golden-crowned said:

Iranian people are not special snow flakes, they are human like any other humans on earth with all the weaknesses and strengths that it implies, all sons of Adam(a.s.).

During the coup d´état year 1953 against the people elected prime minister Muhammad Mosad the entire Iranian people watched, nay agreed to, the foreign countries overthrowing the government and installing their own. Iranians got manipulated with the propaganda of the foreign countries and tricked. So in conclusion Iranian are easily manipulated and tricked just like most of the sons of Adam(a.s.). 

We must at all times prevent ourselves from feeling a false sense of pride for whatever reason, it clouds our judgement and it prevents us from reasoning and thus preventing us from developing

• Veteran Member

"Iranian youth are leaving Islam, they are converting to Christianity, they are becoming infidels, and …"

Are we facing a new version of Takfirism on this forum? Maybe.

I think, once again, I should defend Iranian youth.

Sometimes when I see news and analyses about Iran in the media, It makes me think they are talking about a different Iran than the one I have lived my entire life. That's true there are people in Iran who don't practice Islam as they should, but it doesn't mean they don't consider themselves as Muslims, and I am sure most of them will not tolerate being called non-Muslim. Also, These very people should be understood. They are not intrinsically bad and far away from being guided. 

As a person who have experienced living, or at least, being in different parts of the country, I have seen almost nobody who seriously think about converting to Christianity and things like that! Surely, there may be some people, but, unlike what media is portraying, it's not a trend. 500,000 people?!

In addition, we should consider the fact that there are different plots against people's beliefs and their stance towards Revolution and media is on the front line of this battle. There are Persian speaking channels to misuse people's nationalism feelings; "You are a Persian from a country with more than 7,000 years culture and civilization. You have your own religion. Why are you following Arabs?". If you are an Iranian Arab, they have channels for you as well; "You are Arab, why are you following mushrik and majosi Persians (Shias)?" If you are Turk, Kurd, etc. they have specific channels and plans for you as well, not to mention immoral channels that are growing like mushrooms. So, this is an all-out religious, cultural and political war against this country. However, despite all these plots, as well as rizeshes (fallings, declines), there are rouyeshes (growths) which, willingly or unwillingly, they are being ignored. We may not see these people on the media, but in the religious and political ceremonies such as etekafs, Imam Hussein majalis, 22 Bahman (February 11) and Quds rallies etc. And, these people are growing. How can we ignore the outstanding enthusiasm of the youth in the recent years to visit war memorials and value the status of martyrs and martyrdom concept?

So let's see the whole picture and not be fallen into the media's trap to represent people as they seek.

There are much more things to be mentioned on this topic, but I have already mentioned too things.

Edited by kamyar
  • Advanced Member
On Tuesday, April 19, 2016 at 9:15 PM, kamyar said:

"Iranian youth are leaving Islam, they are converting to Christianity, they are becoming infidels, and …"

Are we facing a new version of Takfirism on this forum? Maybe.

I think, once again, I should defend Iranian youth.

Sometimes when I see news and analyses about Iran in the media, It makes me think they are talking about a different Iran than the one I have lived my entire life. That's true there are people in Iran who don't practice Islam as they should, but it doesn't mean they don't consider themselves as Muslims, and I am sure most of them will not tolerate being called non-Muslim. Also, These very people should be understood. They are not intrinsically bad and far away from being guided. 

As a person who have experienced living, or at least, being in different parts of the country, I have seen almost nobody who seriously think about converting to Christianity and things like that! Surely, there may be some people, but, unlike what media is portraying, it's not a trend. 500,000 people?!

In addition, we should consider the fact that there are different plots against people's beliefs and their stance towards Revolution and media is on the front line of this battle. There are Persian speaking channels to misuse people's nationalism feelings; "You are a Persian from a country with more than 7,000 years culture and civilization. You have your own religion. Why are you following Arabs?". If you are an Iranian Arab, they have channels for you as well; "You are Arab, why are you following mushrik and majosi Persians (Shias)?" If you are Turk, Kurd, etc. they have specific channels and plans for you as well, not to mention immoral channels that are growing like mushrooms. So, this is an all-out religious, cultural and political war against this country. However, despite all these plots, as well as rizeshes (fallings, declines), there are rouyeshes (growths) which, willingly or unwillingly, they are being ignored. We may not see these people on the media, but in the religious and political ceremonies such as etekafs, Imam Hussein majalis, 22 Bahman (February 11) and Quds rallies etc. And, these people are growing. How can we ignore the outstanding enthusiasm of the youth in the recent years to visit war memorials and value the status of martyrs and martyrdom concept?

So let's see the whole picture and not be fallen into the media's trap to represent people as they seek.

There are much more things to be mentioned on this topic, but I have already mentioned too things.

Brother I dont really know for iran but I could say to you that in Europe many iranians are kuffars and apostate and some of them hâte islam more than the europeans. 

Now I dont know if this number of 500 000 converts is true but I saw many websites which say that many iranian refugees in Europe convert to christianity.  Is it for asyleum ? Maybe yes . 

Now why do this persian channel exist ? Where do they come from ? América finance them ?

• Veteran Member
On 4/21/2016 at 1:14 PM, alidu78 said:

Now why do this persian channel exist ? Where do they come from ? América finance them ?

Sorry for the late reply brother,

I don't think they are being financed by other than US, the UK and Saudi Arabia. it may be surprising to know that even there is a Wahabi channel in Persian.

These channels have differences in nature of what they are trying to promote. The similarity between them is that they are all anti-Islamic Revolution. So, it can be seen why they exist.

• Advanced Member
6 minutes ago, kamyar said:

Sorry for the late reply brother,

I don't think they are being financed by other than US, the UK and Saudi Arabia. it may be surprising to know that even there is a Wahabi channel in Persian.

These channels have differences in nature of what they are trying to promote. The similarity between them is that they are all anti-Islamic Revolution. So, it can be seen why they exist.

Yes i think i know this channel. Is it not calling "wesal farsi" or anything like that ?

• Veteran Member
7 minutes ago, alidu78 said:

Yes i think i know this channel. Is it not calling "wesal farsi" or anything like that ?

Yes, that's true. Also, there is another one named Kalameh which is more extremist and more active, I think.