Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Situation In Iraq

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

This is a thread in which I was hoping to be enlightened in a few topics,

My question is, what is the issue In Iraq? On a grand scale what seems to be the problem in Iraq, socially, politically and economically?

Here's also a few questions I was hoping could be answered,
1) Is the government corrupt? What is with the demand for regime change, I thought Iraq was democratic now and they chose who they wanted in office?

2) What about the medical and educational system? When I went to Iraq most of the doctors and nurses didn't know what they were doing, presenting my niece with like 7-8 Vaccinations every time she needed medicine for a flu like symptom.

3) Are there kidnappings? I heard that there were gangs and a sort of Mafia in Iraq? This also including organ kidnappings and a huge black market trade that was released in a report given by the CIA.

4) What's with these tribes? I heard there are tribal leaders and they decide the future of the village and people that live in it, by implementing laws of their own and kind of segregating the country.

5) Speaking of segregation, is the country being ripped apart? Shia militias, Sunni, Kurdish, Americans, ISIS, Al-qaeda, Wahabbi etc. Is this all a bigger scheme in the making to destroy Iraq?

6) Is there corruption in the police, law system etc? Didn't the protectors of Mosul fall to this? They were told to stand down by there leaders right?

7) Banking system! When i went there was only cash and markets that took cash, is there no credit cards/debit cards/ loans at the bank? Is dinari a good money system?

8) Do they accept American degrees if one wanted to work there? For example everybody in my family keeps saying they'll treat you with higher respect there with an American education.

Thanks, If i think of any more I'll let you guys know! @Dhulfikar seems to be knowledgeable so hopefully I can get some insight, looking for any and all types of answers! Thanks guys

• Advanced Member
On April 11, 2016 at 3:01 PM, OneOfTheSyyeds said:

This is a thread in which I was hoping to be enlightened in a few topics,

My question is, what is the issue In Iraq? On a grand scale what seems to be the problem in Iraq, socially, politically and economically?

Here's also a few questions I was hoping could be answered,
1) Is the government corrupt? What is with the demand for regime change, I thought Iraq was democratic now and they chose who they wanted in office?

2) What about the medical and educational system? When I went to Iraq most of the doctors and nurses didn't know what they were doing, presenting my niece with like 7-8 Vaccinations every time she needed medicine for a flu like symptom.

3) Are there kidnappings? I heard that there were gangs and a sort of Mafia in Iraq? This also including organ kidnappings and a huge black market trade that was released in a report given by the CIA.

4) What's with these tribes? I heard there are tribal leaders and they decide the future of the village and people that live in it, by implementing laws of their own and kind of segregating the country.

5) Speaking of segregation, is the country being ripped apart? Shia militias, Sunni, Kurdish, Americans, ISIS, Al-qaeda, Wahabbi etc. Is this all a bigger scheme in the making to destroy Iraq?

6) Is there corruption in the police, law system etc? Didn't the protectors of Mosul fall to this? They were told to stand down by there leaders right?

7) Banking system! When i went there was only cash and markets that took cash, is there no credit cards/debit cards/ loans at the bank? Is dinari a good money system?

8) Do they accept American degrees if one wanted to work there? For example everybody in my family keeps saying they'll treat you with higher respect there with an American education.

Thanks, If i think of any more I'll let you guys know! @Dhulfikar seems to be knowledgeable so hopefully I can get some insight, looking for any and all types of answers! Thanks guys

All I can answer and be sure is 2 of your questions. Iraq is very very corrupt within the gov. And regular doctors and nurses aren't that great but the ones that aren't well known and high up in the gov or something are very very knowledgable probably even better than American doctors.

• Advanced Member
5 hours ago, AliAlsaidy said:

All I can answer and be sure is 2 of your questions. Iraq is very very corrupt within the gov. And regular doctors and nurses aren't that great but the ones that aren't well known and high up in the gov or something are very very knowledgable probably even better than American doctors.

Ali,

Could you please elaborate? How is the government corrupt? Who has infiltrated it and who they oppress? I keep seeing these protests on the news for Abadi to change the regime but i can't figure out why.

Isn't it dangerous to have common doctors diagnose and prescribe illness and medication without the proper knowledge or protocol? It just infuriates me that my little niece had to get 6-7 vaccinations over the period of one month for a mere sore throat, like seriously what If they kill their patient?

Wa salam

• Advanced Member
On April 13, 2016 at 2:50 AM, OneOfTheSyyeds said:

Ali,

Could you please elaborate? How is the government corrupt? Who has infiltrated it and who they oppress? I keep seeing these protests on the news for Abadi to change the regime but i can't figure out why.

Isn't it dangerous to have common doctors diagnose and prescribe illness and medication without the proper knowledge or protocol? It just infuriates me that my little niece had to get 6-7 vaccinations over the period of one month for a mere sore throat, like seriously what If they kill their patient?

Wa salam

Iraq has been corrupt since after saddam even before abadi. Saddam was a strong leader but he was a bad dude. He commited many horrible acts. If they seen any protesters they would bury them alive. And he attacked the shrines of our beloved imams in Iraq and tried to wipe out sayyeds. But back to the point if you look at a lot of politicians most of them don't even live in Iraq they have homes in Iraq but they stay in Britain or some other country and they just fly back in time for meetings and what not and if you look at their kids they are super rich with their bugattis and what not. And I know how you feel I had to have an IV put in me and I had to take  many different medicines including the ones that you stick up where the sun don't shine.  :blush:all because I was sick and wasn't familiar with the weather and stuff 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member
3 hours ago, Quiet one said:

Iraq is corrupt

iraq is getting worse by day

iraq is a failing state

iraq will not get better

i predict the future of Iraq in turmoil and chaos 

Yes, I jumped to the same conclusion, It just doesn't look salvageable. Despite assistance from foreign countries for a regime change and etc, the country just seems weak in all aspects. From what I saw with my visit even the schools were close to hopeless so no hope of gaining elites or intellectuals that could invest in industrializing the nation. :P 

• Veteran Member
On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 10:35 PM, Quiet one said:

Iraq is corrupt

iraq is getting worse by day

iraq is a failing state

iraq will not get better

i predict the future of Iraq in turmoil and chaos 

The protests are in the streets this week.

Iraq is so preoccupied with corruption that everything else is falling apart.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member
16 hours ago, ElAhmed said:

Hey Ahmed,

Is there news on how they foiled his explosion? Was he an ISIS soldier? I'm curious as to how they're getting their weapons and bombs, in such a tight city because correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Kadhmiyah a district in Baghdad?

• Advanced Member
6 hours ago, OneOfTheSyyeds said:

Hey Ahmed,

Is there news on how they foiled his explosion? Was he an ISIS soldier? I'm curious as to how they're getting their weapons and bombs, in such a tight city because correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Kadhmiyah a district in Baghdad?

Salam @OneOfTheSyyeds,

I don't need to correct you, because Kadhmiyah is a district in Baghdad. The Kadhmiyah is a shiite district in Baghdad, were  The Al-Kādhimiya Mosque  shrine is located. The suicide bomber is from Mosul, and is 25 years old.

Footage of the moment the suicide bomber was apprehended by iraqi forces at a checkpoint

Edited by ElAhmed