Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Sleeping with 100 Women in One Night

Rate this topic

As-Salam 'Alaikum,

It is my assumption that most - if not all ShiaChat members - are aware of the Sunni belief that Abu Hurayrah possessed an infallible hyper-memory. He never forgot anything he ever heard from the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him and his family), especially after the latter supposedly prayed for him. The Ahl al-Sunnah consider Abu Hurayrah to be an extremely knowledgeable Sahabi, and his ahadith form the bedrock of Sunni Islam itself. This great scholar, in this hadith of Sahih Muslim, shared part of his rare knowledge with us:

حدثني أبو الربيع العتكي وأبو كامل الجحدري فضيل بن حسين (واللفظ لأبي الربيع) قالا حدثنا حماد (وهو ابن زيد) حدثنا أيوب عن محمد عن أبي هريرة قال :كان لسليمان ستون امرأة فقال لأطوفن عليهن الليلة فتحمل كل واحدة منهن فتلد كل واحدة منهن غلاما فارسا يقاتل في سبيل الله فلم تحمل منهن إلا واحدة فولدت نصف إنسان فقال رسول الله صلى الله عليه و سلم: لو استثنى لولدت كل واحدة منهن غلاما فارسا يقاتل في سبيل الله

Abu al-Rabi’ al-‘Ataki and Abu Kamil al-Jahdari Fudayl b. Husayn – Hammad b. Zayd – Ayyub – Muhammad – Abu Hurayrah:

Sulayman had SIXTY women and he said: “I will go around to all of them tonight, and each of them will become pregnant, and each one of them will give birth to a boy who will become a knight who will fight in the Cause of Allah.” But, none of them became pregnant except one, who gave birth to a malformed child.”

The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said: “If he had said ‘insha Allah,’ each of them would have given birth to a boy who would become a knight who would fight in the Cause of Allah.”

According to Abu Hurayrah, Prophet Sulayman (peace be upon him) had only sixty women. Please, note that the word "women" is generic. So, we can safely conclude that the wives and concubines of this noble prophet were sixty in number. Abu Hurayrah narrated directly from Prophet Sulayman. This is strange, since there was a gap of centuries between them. In any case, Abu Hurayrah narrated that Prophet Sulayman promised to sleep with all his sixty women in one night. I do not know how many hours constituted the nighttime back then. But, we can assume that it was 12 hours. In that case, one can further assume that each sex session lasted an average of 15 minutes or a little less.

However, when Abu Hurayrah narrated the story again, he made some modifications, as recorded by the same Sahih Muslim:

وحدثنا عبد بن حميد أخبرنا عبدالرزاق بن همام أخبرنا معمر عن ابن طاوس عن أبيه عن أبي هريرة قال :قال سليمان بن داود لأطيفن الليلة على سبعين امرأة تلد كل امرأة منهن غلاما يقاتل في سبيل الله فقيل له قل إن شاء الله فلم يقل فأطاف بهن فلم تلد منهن إلا امرأة واحدة نصف إنسان قال فقال رسول الله صلى الله عليه و سلم: لو قال إن شاء الله لم يحنث وكان دركا لحاجته

‘Abd b. Humayd – ‘Abd al-Razzaq b. Hammam – Ma’mar – Ibn Tawus – his father – Abu Hurayrah:

Sulayman b. Dawud said: “Tonight, I will go around to SEVENTY women and each of them will give birth to a boy who will fight in the Cause of Allah.” It was said to him: “Say ‘insha Allah,’” but he did not say it. He went around to them, but none of them gave birth except one woman, who gave birth to a malformed child.”

The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said: “If he had said ‘insha Allah,’ he would not have broken his oath, and that could have been a means of fulfilling his wish.”

Abu Hurayrah added ten more women. It then becomes unclear exactly what the noble prophet (i.e. Sulayman) actually said. Did he promise to sleep with sixty women or with seventy? Also, the number of minutes per sex session reduces with this new "seventy" figure.

Of course, Abu Hurayrah is not done yet. When he narrated the same incident one more time, as documented by al-Bukhari, he made further changes:

حدثني محمود حدثنا عبد الرزاق أخبرنا معمر عن ابن طاوس عن أبيه عن أبي هريرة قال :قال سليمان بن داود عليهما السلام لأطوفن الليلة بمائة امرأة تلد كل امرأة غلاما يقاتل في سبيل الله فقال له الملك قل إن شاء الله فلم يقل ونسي فأطاف بهن ولم تلد منهن إلا امرأة نصف إنسان. قال النبي صلى الله عليه و سلم: لو قال إن شاء الله لم يحنث وكان أرجى لحاجته.

Mahmud – ‘Abd al-Razzaq – Ma’mar – Ibn Tawus – his father – Abu Hurayrah:

Sulayman b. Dawud, peace be upon them both, said: “Tonight, I will go around to ONE HUNDRED WOMEN. Each woman will give birth to a boy who will fight in the Cause of Allah.” The angel said to him: “Say ‘insha Allah.’” But, he did not say it, and he was caused to forget. Then, he went round to them, and none of them gave birth to a child except one woman, who gave birth to a malformed child. 

The Prophet, peace be upon him, said: “If he had said ‘insha Allah,’ he would not have broken his oath, and that would have been a means of attaining what he hoped for.”

So, did he promise to sleep with sixty women, or seventy, or one hundred? Abu Hurayrah, apparently, could not make up his mind on this. There are two possible explanations here. Either he forgot (which would deflate Sunni claims about his infallible hyper-memory) or he lied. I will leave the judgment of that to the readers.

But then, one wonders. How many minutes did each sex session last, with one hundred women, in 12 hours?

Edited by أبو فاطمة المحمدي
  • Basic Members
25 minutes ago, Talut said:

Salam, 

Dear Brother. I want to remind you about the fact that this is Shiachat. Not Greek Mythology. 

Myth-what? This is sahih Muslim brother. And the hadith is from Abu Hurairah released from his bags of fabrications. He must have read book of kings a lot in the bible.

• Advanced Member
3 minutes ago, Albaqir80 said:

Myth-what? This is sahih Muslim brother. And the hadith is from Abu Hurairah released from his bags of fabrications. He must have read book of kings a lot in the bible.

Confirmed as authorotative by the Abbasid administration? Ah, I see ..

• Advanced Member

Is it even doable? And isn't that Haram? In islam a man is allowed to marry 4 women only, i know nabi sulayman is a prophet but the rules of islam are applicable on all the prophets also, no?

This is a bit ambiguous for me since i'm still a bit new to this whole marriage islamic idea. But these ahadiths sounds fishy.

32 minutes ago, yasahebalzaman.313 said:

Is it even doable? And isn't that Haram? In islam a man is allowed to marry 4 women only, i know nabi sulayman is a prophet but the rules of islam are applicable on all the prophets also, no?

This is a bit ambiguous for me since i'm still a bit new to this whole marriage islamic idea. But these ahadiths sounds fishy.

these are sunni not shia hadiths, 

• Advanced Member

Salam to All

Surely the the numbers in the story which are mentioned, are Predicated a huge number not exactly 60,70 or 100. And also what is quoted proved that Abu Hurayrah was a bit forgetful and he made some Myths in this manner. But it was better to come up with some more reasonable and official cases to show he was not trusty.

thank you

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, أبو فاطمة المحمدي said:

As-Salam 'Alaikum,

It is my assumption that most - if not all ShiaChat members - are aware of the Sunni belief that Abu Hurayrah possessed an infallible hyper-memory. He never forgot anything he ever heard from the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him and his family), especially after the latter supposedly prayed for him. The Ahl al-Sunnah consider Abu Hurayrah to be an extremely knowledgeable Sahabi, and his ahadith form the bedrock of Sunni Islam itself. This great scholar, in this hadith of Sahih Muslim, shared part of his rare knowledge with us:

Abu al-Rabi’ al-‘Ataki and Abu Kamil al-Jahdari Fudayl b. Husayn – Hammad b. Zayd – Ayyub – Muhammad – Abu Hurayrah:

Sulayman had SIXTY women

Sulayman b. Dawud said: “Tonight, I will go around to SEVENTY women

Abu Hurayrah added ten more women. It then becomes unclear exactly what the noble prophet (i.e. Sulayman) actually said. Did he promise to sleep with sixty women or with seventy? Also, the number of minutes per sex session reduces with this new "seventy" figure.

Of course, Abu Hurayrah is not done yet. When he narrated the same incident one more time, as documented by al-Bukhari, he made further changes:

Sulayman b. Dawud, peace be upon them both, said: “Tonight, I will go around to ONE HUNDRED WOMEN.

So, did he promise to sleep with sixty women, or seventy, or one hundred? Abu Hurayrah, apparently, could not make up his mind on this. There are two possible explanations here. Either he forgot (which would deflate Sunni claims about his infallible hyper-memory) or he lied. I will leave the judgment of that to the readers.

before leaving the judgement to the readers let us know if al-Bukhari or al-Muslim documented the said hadith directly from Abu Hurrairah (ra) or through a number of narrators in between??? And if there are narrators in between then certainly such error could be made by any of them, so why do you go on to claim that it was only Abu Hurrairah (ra) who forgot?

2 hours ago, yasahebalzaman.313 said:

Prophet Sulayman (as) did not follow Shariah Muhammadi (saw).

6 minutes ago, aansoogas said:

before leaving the judgement to the readers let us know if al-Bukhari or al-Muslim documented the said hadith directly from Abu Hurrairah (ra) or through a number of narrators in between??? And if there are narrators in between then certainly such error could be made by any of them, so why do you go on to claim that it was only Abu Hurrairah (ra) who forgot?

Would you help us out, in that case? Which of the sub-narrators was responsible for the errors?

And, besides, do you seriously believe that Prophet Sulayman slept with 100 women in one night?

• Advanced Member
35 minutes ago, أبو فاطمة المحمدي said:

Would you help us out, in that case? Which of the sub-narrators was responsible for the errors?

It would also be wrong to blame any specific sub-narrator without any proof so whoever it was...  dates, numbers or other such details are something where a narrator may err.

37 minutes ago, أبو فاطمة المحمدي said:

And, besides, do you seriously believe that Prophet Sulayman slept with 100 women in one night?

And why is that not possible?

3 minutes ago, aansoogas said:

It would also be wrong to blame any specific sub-narrator without any proof so whoever it was...  dates, numbers or other such details are something where a narrator may err.

In such a case, we go with the obvious. Abu Hurayrah gave the contradictory figures.

And why is that not possible?

How is it possible?

• Advanced Member
5 minutes ago, أبو فاطمة المحمدي said:

In such a case, we go with the obvious. Abu Hurayrah gave the contradictory figures.

How is it possible?

with the obvious bias....!

The same way other extra-ordinary things have happened with such personalities. So how is that not possible?

9 minutes ago, aansoogas said:

with the obvious bias....!

The reports, on the apparent, attribute the errors to Abu Hurayrah. If you want to claim that he was not responsible, then you have to provide the proof.

That is common sense.

The same way other extra-ordinary things have happened with such personalities. So how is that not possible?

In other words, Prophet Sulayman - according to you - slept with 100 women in 12 hours - that is roughly 8 minutes per session. Masha Allah! How many minutes would it take to undress and dress? How many minutes would foreplay take? How many minutes would moving from room to room consume?

Edited by أبو فاطمة المحمدي
  • Moderators

According to the rules of this site, Shia/Sunni debates should be constructive .A thread which makes fun of insults the Sunnis violates this rule.

Thread locked!