Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Would any Brothers or Sisters on this Site Marry a Moderate Wahabi from Saudi Arabia if he or she was Very Attractive?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

If the Saudi was respectful toward Shias, and had an outstanding character,  but maybe just a few Wahabi views, this question is directed to both brothers and sisters. 

One example:

Meet Omar Borkan Al Gala

Get ready to claw your way through your computer screen, because we've got what you've all been waiting for. Meet Omar Borkan Al Gala. He's a photographer, actor, and poet from Dubai — and he was one of the men kicked out of Saudi Arabia because he's really, really ridiculously good looking.Apr 25, 2013

Meet the Man Deported From Saudi Arabia for Being Too Handsome -

[Moderator note: link removed for inappropriate language on linked site.]

download.jpg

Edited by notme
Removed link
  • Development Team
7 minutes ago, Enlightened Follower said:

If the Saudi was respectful toward Shias, and had an outstanding character,  but maybe just a few Wahabi views, this question is directed to both brothers and sisters. 

One example:

Meet Omar Borkan Al Gala

Get ready to claw your way through your computer screen, because we've got what you've all been waiting for. Meet Omar Borkan Al Gala. He's a photographer, actor, and poet from Dubai — and he was one of the men kicked out of Saudi Arabia because he's really, really ridiculously good looking.Apr 25, 2013

I don't know, I really not sure about a "moderate" Wahhabi. (There really isn't such a thing)  I would feel better about the situation hypothetically if my future daughter married a moderate Sunni or a Shia from Saudi instead. It is ridiculous and sucks that he was deported because of his looks though.

• Advanced Member

Wahabism are based on extremism, Extremism is in their basic training.

As our mother grows us in the shade of love of Ahl-e-Bait (a.s.), same their mothers grows their children in the shade of hate with Ahlul Bait (a.s.)

• Development Team
3 minutes ago, zainabamy said:

What a shame for them that they won't have spouses as good as us then :hahaha:

Yeah, shame because I'm or rather we're too good for them. Anyhow, I really don't see a Wahhabi-Shi'a relationship working out too well. We're all Muslims but the Salafi/Wahhabis see us as kuffars, so that's a no-go right there.

• Veteran Member
33 minutes ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

Yeah, shame because I'm or rather we're too good for them. Anyhow, I really don't see a Wahhabi-Shi'a relationship working out too well. We're all Muslims but the Salafi/Wahhabis see us as kuffars, so that's a no-go right there.

Ummm...its not just Salafi/Wahabi that hold that belief amongst Sunni.

Many other "regular" Sunni hold that belief too. 

• Advanced Member

I have nothing against Sunnis, I think the majority of Sunnis are decent people and the difference between them and Wahhabis is like comparing day and night.

The only reason why I wouldn't marry a non-Shi'a is simply because I want a husband who will have a positive effect on my faith and I don't want any future children inshallah to feel confused or torn when it comes to Islam. 

• Veteran Member
9 minutes ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

I know, and I call them "Wahhabi-flavored" Sunnis, thus I say that the distinctions between Salafis/ Wahhabis and Sunnis are blurry.

What was the line that Ammar Nakshwani used ?

"One fatwa away..."

• Development Team
3 minutes ago, Akbar673 said:

What was the line that Ammar Nakshwani used ?

"One fatwa away..."

I don't watch Ammar Nakshwani so I wouldn't know but I wasn't trying to issue a fatwa because I know I'm hardly qualified. I am just merely stating that the distinction between Wahhabi and Sunni is blurry from my perspective.

• Veteran Member
19 minutes ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

I don't watch Ammar Nakshwani so I wouldn't know but I wasn't trying to issue a fatwa because I know I'm hardly qualified. I am just merely stating that the distinction between Wahhabi and Sunni is blurry from my perspective.

I was quoting Nakshwani in his now famous majlis (or infamous, depending on your POV) from Muharram 2014 when he said all Sunni are "one fatwa away..." from doing who knows what.

Edited by Akbar673
  • Development Team
12 minutes ago, Akbar673 said:

was quoting Nakshwani in his now famous majlis (or infamous, depending on your POV) from Muharram 2014 when he said all Sunni are "one fatwa away..." from doing who knows what.

Ah, yeah , ok I understand now. It is easy to hate something you don't understand, when I was Sunni, I thought the Shia were misguided and watched a video of some guy saying they were "wolves in sheep's clothing."which caused to me distrust the Shia.  I have a funny history with Shia Islam but that's a subject for another day.

Edited by Gaius I. Caesar

A marriage shouldn't be based on things such as appearances of course, and I think a marriage between people who have fundamentally different beliefs would be difficult regardless (perhaps not if they both aren't very practicing). 

(Also I think it turned out that he hadn't been kicked out of anywhere for being too beautiful, haha) 

Edited by eloquence
  • Advanced Member

( I can't believe I'm on this thread....will repent later) 

Yes, @eloquence is correct...this is an old hoax perpetrated by the model himself. ( He was just questioned by the police in KSA for "dancing inappropriately" in the family section of a festival, but was not even told to leave the festival.)

secondly, my daughter is being wooed ,according to her friends, by  his handsomer younger "cousin" ....who is all Shia. Shia can make some "fine" boy babies, too, it seems. So there. Congratulations, folks. :blush:

I will return to my article on aspects of permaculture now.