Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Seeking Answers

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salaam all,

I have gathered a few questions which have come to my mind and I would very much be interested in hearing the shia school of thought side. If the questions come across offensive, this is in no way my intention so please do not take it aggressively. Also, if points could be backed up with Quran and Hadith it would be preferred.

1) If Shia'ism is the closest method of seeking nearness to Allah - why are Sunnis in charge of Makkah & Medina etc?

2) How can the Prophet (pbuh) have spent his whole life amongst his companions (namely those who are known as the caliphs today) and loved the Sahaba when they were going to carry out acts which are claimed by the Shia school of thought - surely Allah (swt) would have prevented/informed him if this were to be the case?

3) It says in Qur'an Majeed in Sooratun Nasr that we will see the Deen of Allah being accepted in multitudes, which we are seeing today. However people are predominantly following the majority school, sunnism - could this be an indication that this school of thought is that which is nearest to reach Allah (swt)?

I have more questions but will take it a bit at a time.

Thank you in advance to all those who offer an intellectual insight. 
  • Advanced Member

Salam

1. Needless to say, the polytheists governed Makkah and Madinah before. Is it promised by Allah to grant their government to the faithful?

2. There are numerous verses in the holy Quran that call certain companions as hypocrites. Pay attention! There were hypocrites among the companions.

Moreover, there are verses that refer to the relatives of certain prophets and regard them as evil-doers (e.g. son of Noah, wives of some prophets)

Is having company supposed to be a sign of goodness?

3. According to the holy Quran, the majority is not a sign of the truth. I would like to draw your attention to the following verses:

وَمَا أَكْثَرُ‌ النَّاسِ وَلَوْ حَرَ‌صْتَ بِمُؤْمِنِينَ - 12:103

Qarai translation: Yet most people will not have faith, however eager you should be.

وَإِن تُطِعْ أَكْثَرَ‌ مَن فِي الْأَرْ‌ضِ يُضِلُّوكَ عَن سَبِيلِ اللَّـهِ ۚ إِن يَتَّبِعُونَ إِلَّا الظَّنَّ وَإِنْ هُمْ إِلَّا يَخْرُ‌صُونَ - 6:116

Qarai translation: If you obey most of those on the earth, they will lead you astray from the way of Allah. They follow nothing but conjectures and they do nothing but surmise.

اعْمَلُوا آلَ دَاوُودَ شُكْرً‌ا ۚ وَقَلِيلٌ مِّنْ عِبَادِيَ الشَّكُورُ‌ - 34:13

Qarai translation: ‘O House of David, act thankfully, and few of My servants are grateful.’

وَمَا آمَنَ مَعَهُ إِلَّا قَلِيلٌ - 11:40

Qarai translation: And none believed with him (Noah) except a few

Edited by John Algar
  • Advanced Member

Bismillah.

Salaam.

1)    Someone to be in charge of some places does not mean that he is in right side. Mecca and Median were governed by some unjust rulers in the time of Imams too like Abd Allah ibn al-Zubayr and etc. Historical records show that in almost all periods, good people were less in number and the Qur'an confirms that; (see: 2:100, 5:103, 6:37, 7:131, 8:34, 10:55 & 60, 16:75 & 101 and many other verses.)

2)    I guess I didn't get your point completely but I can mention the history of Prophet Nūh who spent near 1000 years in his people to do his divine mission, but very few of them (according to some Ahādīth only 80 persons) had accepted his invitation and you can also read the story and history of other prophets in order to confirm what I say.

3)    As I suggest you to read my first answer again, I have to say that there are different reasons for that;

A-  The first one is political issues: in some countries Shia is under great oppression; for example in Paris I couldn't find any Shia Islamic mosque because many political obstacles have been put for them but there are Sunni mosques in the best streets of Paris.

B-  This reason leads to the second reason that is great number of Sunni centers comparing Shi'i ones; so those who are going to do research about Islam have to refer to Sunni centers.

C-  The third one is that Mecca and Medina that are amongst the greatest symbols of Islam are being ruled by Sunni (indeed Wahhābī) governors and those who are not aware of Islam and going to know it, naturally incline to them that leads them towards Sunnism.

D-  The forth reason is financial support; as you know Sunnis are supported by financial aids of reach Arab countries while the Shi'i countries are very few and also poor.

And there are other reasons could be mentioned but I think what I've listed is enough.

With Duas.

Narsis.

• Veteran Member

Point wise reply of OP is given below:

-1-  If Islam is the only TRUE religion taking muslims close to Allah swt then how non-muslims like Christians, Jews, hindus  and others are holding the major share of resources and techological advanceemnt in the world? Please comment

2-  Allah swt has informed the Prophet SAWW and he has narrated in many traditions for the acts of companions. Like

3-   Christians are in majority even more than the muslims in the world. as per your logic they are at the right path. Is'nt it, true or false. @seekingthebeloved

Waasalam

Edited by skamran110
3 hours ago, أبو فاطمة المحمدي said:

For most of the Prophet's mission (i.e. for 13 years during his nubuwwah), both Makkah and al-Madinah were under the control of idol worshippers. Does that mean that idol worship is correct?

damn, son. you knocked it right out the park, mashaAllah :) 100 points to griffindor

3 hours ago, seekingthebeloved said:

2) How can the Prophet (pbuh) have spent his whole life amongst his companions (namely those who are known as the caliphs today) and loved the Sahaba when they were going to carry out acts which are claimed by the Shia school of thought - surely Allah (swt) would have prevented/informed him if this were to be the case?

Did Allah not know that iblees would one day refuse to prostate to hazrat Adam? and yet allowed iblees to gain a status higher than most angels? 

to answer even more elegantly: in our faith, no one is punished until after they perform the deed, the doors of mercy are always open before that. The holy Prophet (pbuh&hf) knew what they would do, but there was always a chance that they would not. 

There is no Shi'ah and Sunni in Islam. These differences occurred because of political reasons and has zero to do with the deen of Allah (s.w.t). The Messenger is free of sects, he was a Muslim and a Mu'min. That's basically it. Anyone who attribute a sect, madhab or anything else, may God's curse be upon that soul.

http://quransmessage.com/articles/no%20sects%20FM3.htm

^Politics is about power struggle and it's establishment in various powers.

It's always about politics is it not?

Why did people oppose Isa? Because it would take the power of their beloved scholars away in their eyes while those scholars weren't willing to say they taught wrong things and opposed the Prophets. They wanted to be seen as pure respected leaders.

Why did people oppose Mohammad? Similar reasons. They wanted to stick to their leaders.

Why did Nimrod oppose Abraham, because of what God gave Abraham from the authority.

The Quran came to establish the Authority of God, that is political.

That is a power...the Quran authority is a power. But in the wrong hands, it's misused. 

The Quran in most of it's Surahs is emphasizing on authority of God through his chosen ones. Yes in most places this about Messengers, but it didn't only emphasize on the scriptures of messengers, but upon their commanding to good and forbidding of evil in their own capacity, their right to be obeyed due to God's right of being obeyed, their leadership qualities, their knowledge, their wisdom, their judgement between people in disputes, their fighting against oppressors, etc, etc.

Justice involves politics to be established and Messengers were sent so people rise up with equity.

The issue is who real has authority and who hasn't. This important in Islam. In fact the most emphasized aspect of the religion is this.

Not to follow those who don't have authority of God and to follow those who do. Of course Satan always inspires "political struggle" in the sense some people feel they ought to be followed out self love instead of those who God appoints and love to lead people even though they are not fit for it.

Islam is nothing but pure support of God's chosen ones, and following them out of love of their position as means and connection to God. It's Shiism in it's core. It always has been and always will be.

What has never been the religion of God ever was this concept of abandoning God's chosen ones or their words, and saying they will follow just scripture or following non-chosen leaders as if they been given the authority of God.

Edited by StrugglingForTheLight
6 hours ago, seekingthebeloved said:

1) If Shia'ism is the closest method of seeking nearness to Allah - why are Sunnis in charge of Makkah & Medina etc?

bismillah.gif.8823f4bf903a16205fece86866

Are you talking about the same "Sunni" government who is in charge of Makkah and Medina that has allied himself with Israel to fight and  kill  Muslims in Syria and Yemen and terrorize the whole world by blowing up innocent people? Are you talking about the same "Sunni" people who strap bombs on their bodies and blowing up Mosques, Churches and Temples?? Do you think by blowing up innocent people will get you close to Allah? Do you "Sunnis" even believe in Allah when you blow up innocent people?? Oh I am sorry, I don't mean to insult you, I just really want your honest answers.

• Advanced Member
On 05/04/2016 at 3:27 PM, أبو فاطمة المحمدي said:

For most of the Prophet's mission (i.e. for 13 years during his nubuwwah), both Makkah and al-Madinah were under the control of idol worshippers. Does that mean that idol worship is correct?

I agree with you here - Maybe a better premise would be that since Islam came and Makkah & Madinah became the heart of geographical Islam the rulers have always been Sunni – pure food for thought rather than an argument.

The Israelites were once praised by Allah, when they were good people:

يَا بَنِي إِسْرَائِيلَ اذْكُرُوا نِعْمَتِيَ الَّتِي أَنْعَمْتُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَأَنِّي فَضَّلْتُكُمْ عَلَى الْعَالَمِينَ

Tribe of Israel! remember the blessing I conferred on you and that I preferred you over all other beings.  (Qur'an 2:47; 2:122)

But, later, the Israelites misbehaved. This is what Allah did in reaction:

لُعِنَ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا مِن بَنِي إِسْرَائِيلَ عَلَىٰ لِسَانِ دَاوُودَ وَعِيسَى ابْنِ مَرْيَمَ ذَٰلِكَ بِمَا عَصَوا وَّكَانُوا يَعْتَدُونَ

Those among the tribe of Israel who were kafir were cursed on the tongue of Dawud and that of ´Isa, son of Maryam. That is because they rebelled and overstepped the limits. (Qur'an 5:78)

When they were good people, Allah preferred them over all other beings. But, when they rebelled and overstepped the limits, He cursed them.

This is how Allah treats everyone, including the Sahabah. Even though Allah knew that the Israelites would later become evil people, He treated them well when they were still good people.

How about the Quranic ayats praising the “first forerunners in faith amongst the Ansaar and Muhajireen” (9:100) and those who followed with good conduct which to me are very clear cut – Allah swt himself says He is pleased with them and they are pleased with Him. (The first forerunners include nearly all of the top companions who are reported to have committed huge crimes against Ahlul Bayt).
Therefore to literally remove the overwhelming majority (easily above 90% of these people) and say they severely disrespected the Ahlul Bayt, denied divinely ordained leadership (caliphates) and went against Prophetic teachings BUT Allah swt is pleased with these people and says in the Quran they will get “gardens beneath which rivers flow” (9:100) – this doesn’t make any sense to me.

There is no single Sunni sect. For instance, what is the Sunni sect? Is it Salafism? Or Sufism? Or Hanbalism? Or Malikism? Or Shafi'ism? Or Hanafism? Or Zahirism? Deobandism? Barelvism?

Secondly, that Surah refers only to the time of the Prophet (peace be upon him and his family). This is why Allah commanded His Prophet to do the following, when the multitudes accepted Islam:

فَسَبِّحْ بِحَمْدِ رَبِّكَ وَاسْتَغْفِرْهُ إِنَّهُ كَانَ تَوَّابًا

then glorify your Lord´s praise and ask His forgiveness. He is the Ever-Returning.(Qur'an 110:3)

I agree with you, it’s not an indication of anything. However there are ayats that say to stay with the majority etc but I don’t know them off top of my head.
With the different methodologies within Sunnism, they cannot be considered as sects – this is because the term ‘sect’ implies a separate group that have different beliefs. The 4 major madhabs (methodologies) – haanfi, maliki, shafi, hanbali - overlap in nearly everything apart from issues where the scholarly consensus takes place – however the imam each madhab openly showed love toward others and never said “oh I’m right and he’s wrong” – just difference of opinion on matters where there is no 100% clarity. However the differences between them are not enough for them to be outside the fold of sunnism.
  • Advanced Member
On 5-4-2016 at 4:07 PM, seekingthebeloved said:

For the same reason Al-Aqsa is in charge of the Zionists. Both Israel and Saudi-Arabia are artificial neo-colonial states created by Imperial non-muslim powers.

The Fatimids were in charge of Hijaz as well, changing Sunni states who were in charge of it but hostile towards one another and did not even consider eachother to be muslims so your claim nor your reasoning do not hold any weight.

Edited by Talut
  • Advanced Member

To know and to prove are two diffirent things. After all it became manifest what was in their hearts.

• Advanced Member

3) It says in Qur'an Majeed in Sooratun Nasr that we will see the Deen of Allah being accepted in multitudes, which we are seeing today. However people are predominantly following the majority school, sunnism - could this be an indication that this school of thought is that which is nearest to reach Allah (swt)?

Is that verse about the time of the Prophet s.a.w. himself or about this time?

Second of all, Islam is not about following the mass but about using reason, checking and verifying. 

If you'd ask me Islam is at the very foundation of free thinking. 

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, أبو فاطمة المحمدي said:

In that case, what do you say about this report about the view of Imam Malik concerning Imam Abu Hanifah:

أخبرنا بن رزق أخبرنا أبو بكر الشافعي حدثنا جعفر بن محمد بن الحسن القاضي قال: سمعت منصور بن أبي مزاحم يقول سمعت مالكا يقول إن أبا حنيفة كاد الدين ومن كاد الدين فليس له دين.

Ibn Rizq – Abu Bakr al-Shafi’i – Ja’far b. Muhammad b. al-Hasan al-Qadi – Mansur b. Abi Muzahim:

I heard Malik saying: “Verily, Abu Hanifah plotted against the religion, and whoever plots against the religion has no religion.”

In case you are wondering: the report has a sahih chain.

Where is this from please?

On 4/5/2016 at 4:07 PM, seekingthebeloved said:

Salaam all,

I have gathered a few questions which have come to my mind and I would very much be interested in hearing the shia school of thought side. If the questions come across offensive, this is in no way my intention so please do not take it aggressively. Also, if points could be backed up with Quran and Hadith it would be preferred.

I have more questions but will take it a bit at a time.

Thank you in advance to all those who offer an intellectual insight. 

:salam:

Interesting questions!

1) Shi'ah and Sunni is not mentioned anywhere in entire Qur'an. People created these sects because of political differences. You seek nearness to Allah the Exalted by worshipping and doing good deeds, such as reading and understanding the Qur'an and improving your character. Avoiding major sins

2) Please, read this article: http://quransmessage.com/articles/righteousness%20based%20on%20lineage%20FM3.htm

3) http://quransmessage.com/articles/blind%20following%20FM3.htm - I don't belong to Shi'ah and Sunni. In fact, if the Prophet was alive he would distance himself from these sects. It's true! 

http://quransmessage.com/articles/no%20sects%20FM3.htm

HYPOCRITES

Who were they? - They consisted of those in the immediate vicinity of the Prophet (The prophet's contemporaries)

Prophet's Contemporaries:

Amongst them there were those that were righteous

• Swore allegiance to the prophet under the tree (48:18)

• Those who were with the prophet and were strong against the unbelievers and compassionate amongst each other. They prostrated to their Lord seeking His grace with marks of prostration on their faces (48:29)

Amongst them there were those that were unrighteous

• Desert Arabs worst in disbelief and hypocrisy (9:97)

• They stand up for prayer, but without earnest or meaning only to be seen of men, but they think of God not (4.142)

• Even the Prophet is pleased with their looks and their words, but they are useless and arrogant (63:4-5)

• Niggardly, greed of wealth, unhelpful when it really matters (33:18-19)

• They give the impression that they listen to the Prophet but in fact they really don't (47:16)

• Disbelieved even after accepting Islam. They promised that they would remain righteous after receiving the bounty but did not. They lied. God knows who they are, their secret thoughts and counsels (9:73-80)

• They say they believe, but do not believe. They make mischief even though they claim they make peace. They say to the believers that they believe, but to others this is not the case. They will continue in their trespasses (2:8-15)

• They say to the Prophet that they believe and bear witness but they are liars (63:1)

• They say they believe in the message and the scriptures before, yet they seek judgement elsewhere. They say they only mean well. They lie. God knows what is in their hearts (4:60-63)

• God could have revealed the hypocrites whose hearts were diseased with marks but God asks the prophet to recognise them from the intent of their speech (47:29-30)

• Those that stayed behind and did not accompany the Prophet to war despite professing Islam and put forth lame excuses such as looking after flocks, herds and families and yet asked for forgiveness for it. They say with their tongues what their hearts do not believe (48:11)

Most importantly:  They were even at times unknown to the Prophet (9:101)

If Prophetic contemporaries who were unrighteous were unknown to the Prophet, how could later compilers removed centuries from the Prophet vouch for the trustworthiness of certain companions?

Even the state of affairs of believing people have been mentioned.

(9:38-39; 5:54; 8:27-28; 8:25; 33;12; 61:2-3; 57:16; 49:17; 9:24; 49:14; 9:45; 9:47; 9:81; 47:29-30; 8:6; 47:38; 9:58; 47:16;  9:61)

• Advanced Member
10 minutes ago, IjazLinorAhmad said:

If Prophetic contemporaries who were unrighteous were unknown to the Prophet, how could later compilers removed centuries from the Prophet vouch for the trustworthiness of certain companions?

Good point - any thoughts regarding this would be appreciated

• Veteran Member
35 minutes ago, IjazLinorAhmad said:

:salam:

Interesting questions!

1) Shi'ah and Sunni is not mentioned anywhere in entire Qur'an

Brother you seem to be a blind follower of so called scholars like Zakir Nyke who are found ignorant of many verses of quran.

Saffat verse 83:

“Verily Ibraheem was a Shi’a of Nuh”.

The Deobandi scholar Mufti Muhammad Shaafi in his commentary of this verse in his Tafseer Maarif ul Qur’an Volume 7 page 447 states:

“Shi’a in Arabic means that groups whose core beliefs are based upon the teachings of another, in this case it refers to the fact that Hadhrat Ibraheem (as) was a follower of his predecessor Nuh (as)”

The Prophet Muhammad saww has been quoted to follow the religion of Ibrahim as. in quran.

"Then We inspired you to follow the creed of Abraham, the monotheist; he was not one of the mushrikeen." 16:123

Wassalam

Edited by skamran110

And from among the Nomads/Bedouin Arabs around you are hypocrites, and from among the people of the city, they persist in hypocrisy. You do not know them, but We (Allah) know them. We will punish them twice, then they will be returned to a great punishment. (9:101)

Because Ali or the companions saw the Prophet (s.a.w) and spent time with him and belonged to his household, doesn't mean that they are automatically righteous. Only God knows what was in their hearts. So, for people who wrote their books after the Prophets (s.a.w) demise can't know for sure who was righteous. Many stories were circulating and kindly note that hypocrites were still among the Muslims after the death of the Prophet (s.a.w). If he couldn't know them, then who are Ali? Abu Bakr? Uthman? Umar? Abu Huraira? Bukhari, Muslim and so forth! I believe this was a conspiracy, a strategy to divide the Muslims into groups and let them fight and kill each other. The Muslims after the Prophet (s.a.w) and the companions did divide and shed blood

So, I as a Muslim follow this important verse:  

إن الذين فرقوا دينهم وكانوا شيعا لست منهم في شيء إنما أمرهم إلى الله ثم ينبئهم بما كانوا يفعلون
Indeed, those who have divided their religion and become sects - you, [O Muhammad], are not [associated] with them in anything. Their affair is only
to Allah ; then He will inform them about what they used to do.
8 minutes ago, skamran110 said:

Brother you seem to be a blind follower of so called scholars like Zakir Nyke who are found ignorant of many verses of quran.

Saffat verse 83:

“VerilyIbraheem was a Shi’a of Nuh”.

The Deobandi scholar Mufti Muhammad Shaafi in his commentary of this verse in his Tafseer Maarif ul Qur’an Volume 7 page 447 states:

“Shi’a in Arabic means that groups whose core beliefs are based upon the teachings of another, in this case it refers to the fact that Hadhrat Ibraheem (as) was a follower of his predecessor Nuh (as)”

Wassalam

I agree with this verse, however, Allah doesn't command me to be a Shi'a of Ali. Because he belonged to the Prophet's family / or was his cousin, this doesn't make him automatically righteous. 

Righteousness is an individual matter. It cannot be ascribed to one based on lineage, relationship, companionship or indeed proximity. No one can know the true affairs of the heart except God. Each individual is subjected to their own circumstances, faculties, reason, judgement, resources and clarity of message that has reached them. Each person is unique as is their case with their Lord.

003:167 (Part)

"...but God has full knowledge of all they conceal"

003:154 (Part)

"...For God knows well the secrets of your hearts"

008:43 (Part)

"for He knows well the (secrets) of (all) hearts"

In fact, there is no mention of any of the early caliphs (Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthman and Ali) in the Quran by name. Even with regards the Quranic narrative which captures the event when Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) found himself in a cave with a close companion while they were fleeing, no name of the companion is mentioned.

009:040 (Part)
"If you help him not, certainly God helped him when those who disbelieved drove him out, the second of two; when they two were in the cave, when he said to his companion (Arabic: Sahibi)..."

So, Sunnis and Shi'a can fight and argue about the past, you people will always remain in the past. :D 

Good luck! 

Regards,
Ijaz

• Veteran Member
12 minutes ago, IjazLinorAhmad said:

I agree with this verse, however, Allah doesn't command me to be a Shi'a of Ali. Because he belonged to the Prophet's family / or was his cousin, this doesn't make him automatically righteous. 

The obvious question is why the quran has used the word of Shia / follower for Prophet Ibraheem who was a true monotheist?

Why the quran has asked us to follow the religion of ibraheem?

What are the characteristics of the religion of ibraheem?

For Imam Ali and Ahl albaayt the quran confirms that:

Allah intends only to remove from you the impurity [of sin], O people of the [Prophet's] household, and to purify you with [extensive] purification. (33:33)

May you like to respond, please?

Edited by skamran110

@skamran110

And you are ignorant for following books written by people several years removed from the Prophet (s.a.w)Your entire religion i.e., sect's important doctrines are not from the Qur'an, but, from the books by your beloved "scholars". You don't follow the Prophet or try to follow the Qur'an. You follow your scholars and their books. So, before calling me a follower of the wahhabi Zakir Naik. You should watch yourself! 

I'm someone who don't support any sect or person! I just follow one book, the Qur'an which was revealed to the Prophet, written by his scribes and was in a book form during the lifetime of the Prophet (s.a.w). Sects can kill each other, do whatever they want, perhaps, it will be a good riddance! 

• Veteran Member
11 minutes ago, IjazLinorAhmad said:

@skamran110

And you are ignorant for following books written by people several years removed from the Prophet (s.a.w)Your entire religion i.e., sect's important doctrines are not from the Qur'an, but, from the books by your beloved "scholars". You don't follow the Prophet or try to follow the Qur'an. You follow your scholars and their books. So, before calling me a follower of the wahhabi Zakir Naik. You should watch yourself! 

I'm someone who don't support any sect or person! I just follow one book, the Qur'an which was revealed to the Prophet, written by his scribes and was in a book form during the lifetime of the Prophet (s.a.w). Sects can kill each other, do whatever they want, perhaps, it will be a good riddance! 

No question has been answered even these are relevant to the verses of quran.  Thanks for confirmation of your ignorance

wassalam

Edited by skamran110
  • Veteran Member
On 4/5/2016 at 9:07 AM, seekingthebeloved said:

Salaam all,

These are great questions brother.

Yazid was in charge of Mecca and Medina; just refer to the Incident of Harrah to see how he handled the holy sites. Would you say Allah put Yazid in charge and hence his actions were ok? If Yazid being in charge was Allah's will, then ransacking Masjid-e-Nabawi and firebombing Kaaba are the Will of Allah. If Yazid being in charge of the Holy Sites is not Allah's Will but happenstance, then Sunnis  or Wahabis being in charge of Mecca and Medina is also happenstance.

Allah did not prevent the Prophet from being surrounded by Munafiqs so much so that there is even a sura about them. Surely Allah would have prevented the Prophet from being surrounded by them?

Christians outnumber Muslims so does that make them right or nearest to Allah? Ijma has no role in Islam. Staying on haqq is the barometer whether you are 1 or a billion.

• 7 months later...
  • Basic Members

Regarding the comment above from Quran 9:100

"And the first forerunners [in the faith] among the Muhajireen and the Ansar and those who followed them with good conduct - Allah is pleased with them and they are pleased with Him, and He has prepared for them gardens beneath which rivers flow, wherein they will abide forever. That is the great attainment"

This has to be taken in the context of 9:101

"And among those around you of the bedouins are hypocrites, and [also] from the people of Madinah. They have become accustomed to hypocrisy. You, [O Muhammad], do not know them, [but] We know them. We will punish them twice [in this world]; then they will be returned to a great punishment"

So it's not just a matter of Allah swt being pleased with all of the forerunners among the muhajiroon as many Sunni put it due to the following reasons :

1 verse 101 gives some examples of those not favoured by Allah swt

2 the muhajiroon could be those who went to Africa in the first migration led by Jaafar bin Abu Taleb (one option) 

3 The reasons people went to Medina were varied - as in some went for business ,some went to settle scores for come personal issues like livestock theft etc , and some went for the sake of the prophet naturally . Hence not all are in the same category. 

• 2 months later...
  • Advanced Member
On ‎23‎-‎11‎-‎2016 at 5:24 PM, Amber Saif said:

Regarding the comment above from Quran 9:100

"And the first forerunners [in the faith] among the Muhajireen and the Ansar and those who followed them with good conduct - Allah is pleased with them and they are pleased with Him, and He has prepared for them gardens beneath which rivers flow, wherein they will abide forever. That is the great attainment"

This has to be taken in the context of 9:101

"And among those around you of the bedouins are hypocrites, and [also] from the people of Madinah. They have become accustomed to hypocrisy. You, [O Muhammad], do not know them, [but] We know them. We will punish them twice [in this world]; then they will be returned to a great punishment"

So it's not just a matter of Allah swt being pleased with all of the forerunners among the muhajiroon as many Sunni put it due to the following reasons :

1 verse 101 gives some examples of those not favoured by Allah swt

2 the muhajiroon could be those who went to Africa in the first migration led by Jaafar bin Abu Taleb (one option) 

3 The reasons people went to Medina were varied - as in some went for business ,some went to settle scores for come personal issues like livestock theft etc , and some went for the sake of the prophet naturally . Hence not all are in the same category. 

The term Sahaba is an invented and non-Quranic term when it comes to meaning and is used as a poitical and ideological tool to include those who became muslim after the Opening of Mecca by amnesty (Tulaqaa) in the category of those mentioned in the Quranic verses above (Sabiqun) so to justify the opposition against the latter and the usurpation of the Islamic rulership.