SibtainM

How to deal with falling income?

Rate this topic

I know that dreadful feeling...

There is a section dedicated to duas on rizq in www.duas.org

And don't stop working and looking for better opportunities or salary increases. To be doing something to reach your goal and solve a problem is the best way to get rid of preoccupations. You can ask for specific advice if you give more details of your current situation (maybe there are people who can give you better advice in the professional field and circumstances you are).

1 hour ago, SibtainM said:

I need duas to help me get through this tough time. My income is not steady luckily I'm not married or I would have a lot more issues. Right now depression and anxiety is taking over me. I would like someone to tell me a dua that can help me with this problem. Thanks. 

Where can you reduce spending? Do you eat prepared foods, or cook your own? Do you have a gym membership or any other memberships or subscriptions you can cancel? Can you reduce the cost of your phone or internet service, even eliminate unnecessary services? Can you reduce heating, air conditioning, water, and electricity use? If you drive, can you drive less? Do you even need a car? Can you move to a cheaper home or move in with a family member?

I've been unemployed and broke as a single mom with three kids. It's a tough time, sure, but it's bearable. You can get through it. Anxiety and depression aren't going to help. Acton is.  In addition to duas, you need to cut spending and find ways to increase your income. 

2 hours ago, Bakir said:

I know that dreadful feeling...

There is a section dedicated to duas on rizq in www.duas.org

And don't stop working and looking for better opportunities or salary increases. To be doing something to reach your goal and solve a problem is the best way to get rid of preoccupations. You can ask for specific advice if you give more details of your current situation (maybe there are people who can give you better advice in the professional field and circumstances you are).

Thanks for reply. 

1 hour ago, notme said:

Where can you reduce spending? Do you eat prepared foods, or cook your own? Do you have a gym membership or any other memberships or subscriptions you can cancel? Can you reduce the cost of your phone or internet service, even eliminate unnecessary services? Can you reduce heating, air conditioning, water, and electricity use? If you drive, can you drive less? Do you even need a car? Can you move to a cheaper home or move in with a family member?

I've been unemployed and broke as a single mom with three kids. It's a tough time, sure, but it's bearable. You can get through it. Anxiety and depression aren't going to help. Acton is.  In addition to duas, you need to cut spending and find ways to increase your income. 

Thanks for taking time to reply to my post. And I will pray that Allah will get you out of the situation that you are in. I am a very responsible guy when it comes to spending, But sometimes a person makes a bad decision and ends up in financial problems. 

Salam aleikum,

I pray that Allah (swt) helps you to achieve financial security. Here are a few suggestions:

1. Recite Du'a Mashlool after Isha Salat especially on a Friday

2. Try to recite du'a Kumayl on a Thursday night

3. Recite du'a Tawassul - especially on a Tuesday night

4. Recite du'a Yastasheer 

5. Recite du'a Faraj

All of these du'as are known to help any worries or troubles that a believer experiences and Allah (swt) will provide for his or her needs. :) 

2 hours ago, zainabamy said:

Salam aleikum,

I pray that Allah (swt) helps you to achieve financial security. Here are a few suggestions:

1. Recite Du'a Mashlool after Isha Salat especially on a Friday

2. Try to recite du'a Kumayl on a Thursday night

3. Recite du'a Tawassul - especially on a Tuesday night

4. Recite du'a Yastasheer 

5. Recite du'a Faraj

All of these du'as are known to help any worries or troubles that a believer experiences and Allah (swt) will provide for his or her needs. :) 

I would like to ask one question? My arabic is really bad and I always struggle when reading any dua in arabic. My memory is really weak and I can't even remember peoples names. So remembering duas is bit hard for me, is there a way that I can use to improve my memory? And my reading skills. Thanks 

1 hour ago, SibtainM said:

I would like to ask one question? My arabic is really bad and I always struggle when reading any dua in arabic. My memory is really weak and I can't even remember peoples names. So remembering duas is bit hard for me, is there a way that I can use to improve my memory? And my reading skills. Thanks 

You don't have to memorise them as such, you can just read it from a page or recite along with a you tube video. And the more you recite, the more you will start to remember them. 

10 hours ago, SibtainM said:

And I will pray that Allah will get you out of the situation that you are in. I am a very responsible guy when it comes to spending, But sometimes a person makes a bad decision and ends up in financial problems. 

My situation used to be bad, but is good now, alhamdulilla.  Everything changes, in time. Appreciate the good things you have while you have them even if they are few, be patient in times of hardship and never, never, never give up hope.  

OP I feel your pain. I was out of a job for most of 2015 and currently am on a salary less than half that of my last job. 

this is a summary of the lessons I learnt

- stop eating out. most of my non-bill food went on food and coffee shops and dessert places. 
- check your online banking VERY strictly. close any and all non essential standing orders/ direct debits. they add up
- budget, budget, budget. give yourself an allowance to spend each day and never ever exceed it
- have all bills go out automatically on the same day that you get paid
- forget your social life until you are more stable
- there are 1000s of cash-in-hand businesses you can do to supplement income. essay writing for uni students? tutoring? selling something? do what you are good at
- set a target of jobs you will apply for every day - it is a numbers game. eventually you WILL get an opportunity
- find a qualification you can get for free/ cheap that will make you employable. 
- network! I found business breakfast meetings most useful. also linkedIn
- grow your own vegetables, and keep your own chickens if you can

for duas, I would suggest

- ziarat ashura for any problem, any issue

- dua ganj ul arsh to overcome enemies & gain wealth

good luck, its a horrible feeling, we are all with you. 

Caveat: There is an old saying: What you don't spend on food you will spend on medicine.

Meaning: if you don't take care of your health by eating properly ...

Here is a healthy way to cut food expenses: Take a vitamin pill and fill up on something cheap, like potatoes. BUT add in some un-canned vegetable like lettuce or other cheap veggie. You'll also need eggs since halal meat for protein is way too expensive.

I once did this but I used ramin noodles.

19 hours ago, DigitalUmmah said:

OP I feel your pain. I was out of a job for most of 2015 and currently am on a salary less than half that of my last job. 

this is a summary of the lessons I learnt

- stop eating out. most of my non-bill food went on food and coffee shops and dessert places. 
- check your online banking VERY strictly. close any and all non essential standing orders/ direct debits. they add up
- budget, budget, budget. give yourself an allowance to spend each day and never ever exceed it
- have all bills go out automatically on the same day that you get paid
- forget your social life until you are more stable
- there are 1000s of cash-in-hand businesses you can do to supplement income. essay writing for uni students? tutoring? selling something? do what you are good at
- set a target of jobs you will apply for every day - it is a numbers game. eventually you WILL get an opportunity
- find a qualification you can get for free/ cheap that will make you employable. 
- network! I found business breakfast meetings most useful. also linkedIn
- grow your own vegetables, and keep your own chickens if you can

for duas, I would suggest

- ziarat ashura for any problem, any issue

- dua ganj ul arsh to overcome enemies & gain wealth

good luck, its a horrible feeling, we are all with you. 

One of the worst things about me is that I'm not a bright guy. My memory is so weak that I can't remember things. I try hard to focus on things but nothing. My confidence is very low. And stress levels are really high. 

Can you mow lawns or assist with gardening or house repairs or painting? Can you babysit for families that need help? Can you find part time work in a shop, as a delivery driver, or running errands for someone? Keep up the duas and don't give up! 

4 hours ago, SibtainM said:

One of the worst things about me is that I'm not a bright guy. My memory is so weak that I can't remember things. I try hard to focus on things but nothing. My confidence is very low. And stress levels are really high. 

2 hours ago, notme said:

Can you mow lawns or assist with gardening or house repairs or painting? Can you babysit for families that need help? Can you find part time work in a shop, as a delivery driver, or running errands for someone? Keep up the duas and don't give up! 

where do you live? can you try being an uber driver, or doing physical work like on a building site, or a white van man?

Thanks everyone for great response. I will recite duas for me and everyone else. Some of the suggestions are quite good. I know a person who is a uber driver. And I don't know what white van man does. But I will look into it. Thanks everyone.