Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Azerbaijani army may strike Khankendi

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

4 April 2016 19:53 (UTC+04:00)
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

herbi_telim_271115_03.jpg

Baku, Azerbaijan, Apr. 4

Trend:

Azerbaijan's army may carry out strikes on the city of Khankendi and other occupied settlements, read a message posted on the website of Azerbaijan's Defense Ministry Apr. 4.

"Azerbaijan's Defense Ministry has tasked all the types of the armed forces, including the rocket and artillery troops, to be ready to carry out crushing strikes from all heavy combat weapons on the Khankendi city and other occupied settlements, if the Armenians don't stop shelling Azerbaijani settlements in a short time," said the message.

Armenian armed forces are targeting densely populated residential areas and civilians in order to retaliate for heavy causalities along the frontline, added the ministry.

"Acting inhumanly, the Armenian side provokes Azerbaijan to take counter measures despite the continuous warnings made by Azerbaijan's Defense Ministry to the Armenian side," said the message. "Azerbaijan once again calls on Armenia to respect the international law and norms and stop the use of lethal force against civilians."

On the night of Apr. 2, all the frontier positions of Azerbaijan were subjected to heavy fire from Armenians, who were using large-caliber weapons, mortars, grenade launchers and guns. Azerbaijani settlements near the frontline densely populated by civilians were shelled as well. There are casualties among the civilians as a result of the shelling.

Six Armenian tanks, 15 gun mounts and reinforced engineering structures were destroyed and more than 100 servicemen of the Armenian armed forces were wounded and killed during the shootouts.

Twelve servicemen of the Azerbaijani armed forces heroically died, one Mi-24 helicopter was shot down and one tank was damaged on a mine.

Three more soldiers of Azerbaijan were killed during the past day and night as a result of the ceasefire violation.

The conflict between the two South Caucasus countries began in 1988 when Armenia made territorial claims against Azerbaijan. As a result of the ensuing war, in 1992 Armenian armed forces occupied 20 percent of Azerbaijan, including the Nagorno-Karabakh region and seven surrounding districts.

The two countries signed a ceasefire agreement in 1994. The co-chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group, Russia, France and the US are currently holding peace negotiations.

Armenia has not yet implemented the UN Security Council's four resolutions on withdrawal of its armed forces from the Nagorno-Karabakh and the surrounding districts.

Link/source: 

http://en.trend.az/azerbaijan/karabakh/2514722.html

Sorry but, Azerbaijan is aligning with Israel in this war. Even though they are Shia and my kin, i can't see them being rightful here.

And recently, there was an alleged video where it shows an Azeri soldier bringing back home the beheaded head of an Armenian soldier as if it was some sort of trophy(!)

When did they start copying Isis?

Edited by celestial

I am with the Armenians. Its their homeland and has been for centuries, albeit much bigger but of what now has been greatly reduced to miniscule portion due in part to Turkic expansions and namely the Armenian Genocide. Nagorno-Karabakh belongs to Armenia, and its not up for debate btw Soviets gave it away to Azerbaijan SSR even though it had an Armenian majority. 

Majority of the people in Nagorno-Karabakh just after the dissolution of the Soviet Union, voted to secede from Azerbaijan cant we just except the preference of the majority? But I don't admire the violence and atrocities committed by both sides, and namely the refugees/displaced peoples its has created and mortality caused.

Edited by Zendegi
On ‎4‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 7:47 AM, Enlightened Follower said:

4 April 2016 19:53 (UTC+04:00)
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

herbi_telim_271115_03.jpg

Baku, Azerbaijan, Apr. 4

Trend:

Azerbaijan's army may carry out strikes on the city of Khankendi and other occupied settlements, read a message posted on the website of Azerbaijan's Defense Ministry Apr. 4.

"Azerbaijan's Defense Ministry has tasked all the types of the armed forces, including the rocket and artillery troops, to be ready to carry out crushing strikes from all heavy combat weapons on the Khankendi city and other occupied settlements, if the Armenians don't stop shelling Azerbaijani settlements in a short time," said the message.

Armenian armed forces are targeting densely populated residential areas and civilians in order to retaliate for heavy causalities along the frontline, added the ministry.

"Acting inhumanly, the Armenian side provokes Azerbaijan to take counter measures despite the continuous warnings made by Azerbaijan's Defense Ministry to the Armenian side," said the message. "Azerbaijan once again calls on Armenia to respect the international law and norms and stop the use of lethal force against civilians."

On the night of Apr. 2, all the frontier positions of Azerbaijan were subjected to heavy fire from Armenians, who were using large-caliber weapons, mortars, grenade launchers and guns. Azerbaijani settlements near the frontline densely populated by civilians were shelled as well. There are casualties among the civilians as a result of the shelling.

Six Armenian tanks, 15 gun mounts and reinforced engineering structures were destroyed and more than 100 servicemen of the Armenian armed forces were wounded and killed during the shootouts.

Twelve servicemen of the Azerbaijani armed forces heroically died, one Mi-24 helicopter was shot down and one tank was damaged on a mine.

Three more soldiers of Azerbaijan were killed during the past day and night as a result of the ceasefire violation.

The conflict between the two South Caucasus countries began in 1988 when Armenia made territorial claims against Azerbaijan. As a result of the ensuing war, in 1992 Armenian armed forces occupied 20 percent of Azerbaijan, including the Nagorno-Karabakh region and seven surrounding districts.

The two countries signed a ceasefire agreement in 1994. The co-chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group, Russia, France and the US are currently holding peace negotiations.

Armenia has not yet implemented the UN Security Council's four resolutions on withdrawal of its armed forces from the Nagorno-Karabakh and the surrounding districts.

Link/source: 

http://en.trend.az/azerbaijan/karabakh/2514722.html

Thanks for getting a bias state run news source by the Aliyev regime! There is no Armenian aggression they are people who are fighting for their own survival on their sovereign lands where they have resided for generations. Funny how in the entirely supposedly occupied region, there are relics of Armenian architecture and also many ancient Armenian churches all over the hills and country side.

• Advanced Member
6 hours ago, Zendegi said:

Thanks for getting a bias state run news source by the Aliyev regime! There is no Armenian aggression they are people who are fighting for their own survival on their sovereign lands where they have resided for generations. Funny how in the entirely supposedly occupied region, there are relics of Armenian architecture and also many ancient Armenian churches all over the hills and country side.

Sorry,  brother I didn't know this was the state run media,  i just thought this topic would be interesting to discuss regardless of the sources. 

• Advanced Member

AsSalam Alaikum,

My father is from Karabakh.

Armenian land? I don't know whether you are a muslim or not but you lie big time. Because I have never met a person who is nazi and liar yet call himself/herself a Muslim. Even the name Karabakh (Black Garden) is Azerbaijani. Karabakh is recognized by the whole world as part of Azerbaijan, all UN resolutions demand Armenia to withdraw from occupied lands. But you won't until Russia orders you. Even the capital of Armenia today, Yerevan, is actually Irevan Khaqanate (historic Azeri land) it was given to you by Russian empire only couple hundred years ago. You did not even live in that area until Ottoman empire expiled you from what is today's Turkey. Stop fooling people. Armenians are historic liars and backstabers (not all of them of course). We let you live in our lands and you stabbed us. Whoever read world history knows that you actually did the same with Ottomans, Rome Empire and even Persian empire. And at some point you will do the same to Russia who invaded our lands because they could not digest our revolution in 1990 that made us independent again and started the fall of Soviet Union. If you are muslim go repent. And be just. Or don't mention Hussains name, EVER! And know this very well, we, the shias of Azerbaijan, will liberate our lands InshaAllah. Don't even dream the opposite. Allah is our witness, justice always prevails the falsehood.

WasSalam

P.S. [ Azerbaijan has never been, will never be with Israel. Majority of us despise this "country." Our government does not represent our people's will. I can't believe I read what I read here...]

" Live like Ali (as), die like Hussain (as) "

On ‎6‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 2:36 AM, Enlightened Follower said:

Sorry,  brother I didn't know this was the state run media,  i just thought this topic would be interesting to discuss regardless of the sources. 

Sources are important. Lot of this could have been made up or manipulated in their favour. Azerbaijan is not a free society where anything can be openly discussed. Surely there were other places where you could have got news on this recent escalation.

5 hours ago, Sword_Of_Allah said:

AsSalam Alaikum,

Armenian land? I don't know whether you are a muslim or not but you lie big time. Because I have never met a person who is nazi and liar yet call himself/herself a Muslim. Even the name Karabakh (Black Garden) is Azerbaijani. Karabakh is recognized by the whole world as part of Azerbaijan, all UN resolutions demand Armenia to withdraw from occupied lands. But you won't until Russia orders you. Even the capital of Armenia today, Yerevan, is actually Irevan Khaqanate (historic Azeri land) it was given to you by Russian empire only couple hundred years ago. You did not even live in that area until Ottoman empire expiled you from what is today's Turkey. Stop fooling people. Armenians are historic liars and backstabers (not all of them of course). We let you live in our lands and you stabbed us. Whoever read world history knows that you actually did the same with Ottomans, Rome Empire and even Persian empire. And at some point you will do the same to Russia who invaded our lands because they could not digest our revolution in 1990 that made us independent again and started the fall of Soviet Union. If you are muslim go repent. And be just. Or don't mention Hussains name, EVER! And know this very well, we, the shias of Azerbaijan, will liberate our lands InshaAllah. Don't even dream the opposite. Allah is our witness, justice always prevails the falsehood.

WasSalam

P.S. [ Azerbaijan has never been, will never be with Israel. Majority of us despise this "country." Our government does not represent our people's will. I can't believe I read what I read here...]

" Live like Ali (as), die like Hussain (as) "

The Islamic Republic of Iran supports the Armenian position more so than the Azerbaijan's position in the conflict and status of Nagorno-Karabakh.

Just before collapse of Soviet Union, at least 75% of Karabakh was Armenian, they held a referendum and chose to join Armenia.

No need for the racism, I have met many Armenians and they are really nice and lovely people.

• Veteran Member

Hello,

Wow!  Quite the diatribe.

5 hours ago, Sword_Of_Allah said:

AsSalam Alaikum,

How will you do this from Toronto?

All the Best,

David

• Advanced Member
4 hours ago, Zendegi said:

The Islamic Republic of Iran supports the Armenian position more so than the Azerbaijan's position in the conflict and status of Nagorno-Karabakh.

Just before collapse of Soviet Union, at least 75% of Karabakh was Armenian, they held a referendum and chose to join Armenia.

No need for the racism, I have met many Armenians and they are really nice and lovely people.

1. Unlike Armenians, Azerbaijanis do not require anyone's approval, including Iran's. We are muslims, this is our land as well as land of the Ummah and we will liberate it even if the whole world goes against us InshaAllah. 

2. I will not be surprised if you are an armenian yourself. Nothing wrong to be an armenian, but it is wrong to be unjust and a tool of imperialistic powers. Armenia and Israel have done and continues to do EXACTLY the same. It is amazing how these two are so alike in the way they do things.

3. Iran is not an authority for us, wasn't it for the Rahbar Khamenei and other religious leaders, we would not support it either. But we support Iran because it is Islam that we support not Iran. Having said that, Islamic Iran is not supporting Armenia, it is another Israeli propoganda to divide Azerbaijan and Iran who share same religion, same culture, same history. Not even to mention 25 % of Iranian population who are Azeris. Which respected religious leader you think would support non-muslim opressor Armenia? Half Azeri Ayatollah Khamenei? (He has th fatwa about Karabakh by the way, research it) Azeri Ayatollah Jaffar Subhani? Azeri Ayatollah Lankarani? Did you know that half of the top Iranian Ayatollahs are actually Azeris? Don't want to be rude but do you even understand what's going on? I don't think so. Don't confuse politics with reality. I don't find it necessary to explain what is done and why. But will say only one thing, Iran and Azerbaijan are two brothers who cannot be separated from each other. Israel and USA tried, didn't work.

4. 75 % of Karabakh were Armenian? Buddy you met the wrong person. Repeating one more time. We are from Karabakh. Keep you numbers for those who has no idea what's going on. You either armenian with nacionalistic sentiments or know nothing about it. Even now in Karabakh there about 140 000 armenians, after 22 years of forced immigration. Only after massacre of Azeri civillians in Karabakh in 90s , we had close to 1 million refugees coming to Baku. There were so many refugees that Baku, the capital,  even after 24 years, still cannot accommodate most of them. And still there are people who live in tents. 

5. Please don't talk about racism. As a muslim, if you are of course, you can't be unjust even though it is against you. And Karabakh is such a clear case that only super unjust and racist human being (and of course those who has no idea what is what) can say Karabakh belongs to Armenia. Even Israelis, when try to justify the occupation of Palestine, say that their ancestor lived in Jerusalim. Armenians don't even have this history, because they have been exiled from other part of the continent to our lands and we allowed them to live with us. That' s all. They were always minority among us. And look how they repaid our good will.

Having said that Armenia, by itself was never and is not a problem. It is just a tool in Russia's hand. Everybody knows it. It is not against Armenia we are fighting but against Russia and other imperialistic powers. But we have never backed down. And we hold an honouroble history; history of shahada and dignity. the time will come when Allah will grant our lands back to us. InshaAllah that day is not very far away.

WasSalam

Edited by Sword_Of_Allah
  • Advanced Member
3 hours ago, David66 said:

Hello,

Wow!  Quite the diatribe.

How will you do this from Toronto?

All the Best,

David

By the grace of God, Almighty! He is the Merciful and Forgiving. His love, mercy, forgiveness and protection is sufficient to us. We need no one and nothing else. 

" And say, "Truth has come, and falsehood has departed. Indeed is falsehood, [by nature], ever bound to depart." " Al-Isra / 81     

• Advanced Member
46 minutes ago, Enlightened Follower said:

Salam brother,

He is not Armenian I can tell you that.

Wa Alaikum Salam,

Then I don't know how to explain how a person who calls himself a Muslim can defend a non-Muslim OPPRESSOR against Muslim OPPRESSED. Not to mention that Azerbaijan is the third Shia majority country of the world. Even someone who doesn't really know what's happening would think twice before coming up with such statements.

Anyways, may Allah forgive us all and may He reestablish justice all over the world İnshaAllah.

WasSalam

7 hours ago, Sword_Of_Allah said:

WasSalam

Artsakh which is the proper name for Nagorno Karabakh has been part of the ancient Armenian Kingdom since 600BC. It has been recorded in history by Greek, Arab, Egyptian, Persian and Roman historians as part of Armenia. Being on the cross roads of the Caucasus and the Silk road, Armenia has been attacked and occupied by many nations, including the Romans, Persians, Greeks, various Turk tribes, Mongols, Tartars and others.

Most Azerbaijanis are a mixture of Turk and Tartar nomadic tribes that began arriving since 900AD in wave after wave of invasion. So even historically they cannot claim it as only theirs.

Artsakh was given to the newly formed Azerbaijan in 1918 by Joseph Stalin as a way of dividing and conquering the Caucuses. The majority population of Artsakh was Armenian and upon the collapse of soviet union voted democratically for self determination and Independence, which they did and that's when Azerbaijan attacked and started the war, which was finally won by the Armenians

Furthermore all archaeological evidence in form of ancient Churches, and newly found buried cities like Digranakert which is an old Armenian city of over 2000 years old firmly place ownership of Artsakh as Armenians. Armenian settlements and a distinct political entity have existed in Artsakh since the second century BC. Ancient Greek and Roman historians, including Pliny the Elder, Plutarch, Ptolemy and Dio Cassius stated in their writings that Armenia's eastern border with the neighboring region of Caucasian Aluania (Aghvank) was demarcated by the River Kur, engulfing Artsakh in Armenia. Greek historian Strabo in his "Geography" mentions Artsakh as a fertile province of Armenia known for its exceptional cavalry.

In the 1st century BC, the ruler of the Armenian Kingdom Tigran II the Great founded one of four cities, named "Tigranakert" after himself, in Artsakh; its ruins are found on the eastern border of the contemporary Nagorno Karabakh Republic. Artsakh, codified as the 10th province of the ancient kingdom of Armenia Major (Armenia Greater or Metz Haik, in Armenian), was brought into focus at the end of the 4th century, when Christianity was spreading to Armenia's eastern provinces, in the aftermath of the missionary activities of St. Gregory the Illuminator.

In the 5th century, Artsakh became the place where the creator of the Armenian alphabet, St. Mesrob Mashtots , established the first Armenian religious school, in Amaras Monastery (now in the Martuni district of the Nagorno Karabakh Republic). Amaras became the venue where the newly invented alphabet was probated for teaching purposes for the first time.
There are many Armenian Churches in Karabagh including Amaras Monastery (4th century), where the Armenian alphabet was invented.

The overwhelming historical evidence clearly supports the Armenian position and ownership of Karabgah as Armenian.

Edited by Zendegi
8 hours ago, Sword_Of_Allah said:

1. Unlike Armenians, Azerbaijanis do not require anyone's approval, including Iran's. We are muslims, this is our land as well as land of the Ummah and we will liberate it even if the whole world goes against us InshaAllah. 

2. I will not be surprised if you are an armenian yourself. Nothing wrong to be an armenian, but it is wrong to be unjust and a tool of imperialistic powers. Armenia and Israel have done and continues to do EXACTLY the same. It is amazing how these two are so alike in the way they do things.

3. Iran is not an authority for us, wasn't it for the Rahbar Khamenei and other religious leaders, we would not support it either. But we support Iran because it is Islam that we support not Iran. Having said that, Islamic Iran is not supporting Armenia, it is another Israeli propoganda to divide Azerbaijan and Iran who share same religion, same culture, same history. Not even to mention 25 % of Iranian population who are Azeris. Which respected religious leader you think would support non-muslim opressor Armenia? Half Azeri Ayatollah Khamenei? (He has th fatwa about Karabakh by the way, research it) Azeri Ayatollah Jaffar Subhani? Azeri Ayatollah Lankarani? Did you know that half of the top Iranian Ayatollahs are actually Azeris? Don't want to be rude but do you even understand what's going on? I don't think so. Don't confuse politics with reality. I don't find it necessary to explain what is done and why. But will say only one thing, Iran and Azerbaijan are two brothers who cannot be separated from each other. Israel and USA tried, didn't work.

4. 75 % of Karabakh were Armenian? Buddy you met the wrong person. Repeating one more time. We are from Karabakh. Keep you numbers for those who has no idea what's going on. You either armenian with nacionalistic sentiments or know nothing about it. Even now in Karabakh there about 140 000 armenians, after 22 years of forced immigration. Only after massacre of Azeri civillians in Karabakh in 90s , we had close to 1 million refugees coming to Baku. There were so many refugees that Baku, the capital,  even after 24 years, still cannot accommodate most of them. And still there are people who live in tents. 

1. Majority of the people in the former Soviet Republic of Azerbaijan, have one of the highest irreligious rates in the world btw their in the top 10 with more than 50% of the population not calling them practicing at all or are either Atheist. You are a minority within your own people and the minority does not speak for the majority. Your people are espoused by Aliyev propaganda and Pan-Turkism, not Shia Islamism like in Iran, Lebanon or Iraq. The Azeris in Iran have nothing to do with the ones in the former Soviet Republic except the language, these two groups lived in isolation from each other for about 2 centuries so are different due to influences from Russia and the Soviets. Azeris in Iran have contributed a lot and are well represented, whether it be in religious, political and sporting affairs, they have nothing to do with that former Soviet Republic which hardly has any religion left in it.

2. No I am not Armenian, but I have friends and met many who are of Armenian ancestry. Ironic how your own country is closer to Israel and the West than Armenia is.

3. No. As the Soviet Union dissolved in 1991,  modern relations have been strained between Iran and Azerbaijan mainly due to issues surrounding the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict with Armenia. The Islamic Republic, instead of backing up Azerbaijan backed up Armenia, much to the anger of the Republic of Azerbaijan. Btw Iran even provided vital backing to Armenia in the war against Azerbaijan until the ceasefire in 1994 after the Armenian conquest of Nagorno-Karabakh, Iranian trucks have been supplying most of the secessionist Armenian enclave’s needs. Sources: http://www.mei.edu/content/azerbaijani-ethno-nationalism-danger-signal-iran http://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/138753/alex-vatanka/tangle-in-the-caucasus http://www.cornellcaspian.com/pub2/0411IRAN.pdf

4. Armenians were definitely the majority before 1991. For instance in 1989, the Nagorno-Karabakh Autonomous Oblast had a population of 145,593 Armenians (76.4%), 42,871 Azeris (22.4%).

Edited by Zendegi
  • Advanced Member

Both the Armenian and Azarbaijani regimes oppress their people and side with zionists.

And "Azarbaijani" govt. is oppressing muslims more then the Armenians do. We see that in our daily lives. They ban islamic rituals like hijab, mourning gatherings and they imprison our scholars. And lately they attacked Nardaran and killed many of us.

This so-called fight between Azarbaijan and Armenia is there so that they create nationalism and make the nations side with their oppressive regimes.

But it won't fool the nations for both the regimes oppress their own nations and serve the zionism and the east bloc of imperialism.

siyonist-putin-ermenistan-azerbaycan.jpg

Please see these articles in Turkish:

http://www.halkhaber.org/2016/04/04/garibanlar-olurken-siyonistler-keyif-catiyor-huseyin-yahya-cevher/

http://www.siyasetmektebi.com/azerbaycan-ve-karabaga-dair.html

Edited by Khudayar
  • 4 years later...
  • Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)

In phone call with Putin;

Pres. Rouhani: War not a solution to Nagorno-Karabakh conflict

Speaking on Saturday in a phone call with the President of Russia, Dr Hassan Rouhani stated that the military conflict between the two neighbouring countries of Azerbaijan and Armenia is very bitter and worrying for us, adding, "The possible intervention of some third-party countries in this conflict will expand and prolong the crisis, and we do not see it in the interest of regional countries".

Referring to his contacts with the leaders of Azerbaijan and Armenia and emphasising the need to protect the borders of Iran and the lives of fellow Iranians living in border areas, Dr Rouhani said, "Peace in the region is of great importance to us".

The President also expressed concern over the presence and participation of some terrorist groups in the conflict in the Nagorno-Karabakh region, emphasising that the presence of terrorists could be dangerous both for Iran and Russia and for the entire region.

"Iran's position on regional issues, including the Nagorno-Karabakh crisis, is of great importance to us, and we welcome the continuation of consultations with Tehran to resolve the issue," Vladimir Putin said.

In the first place, the war must be stopped, he said, adding, "We have reached an agreement with the Azerbaijani and Armenian authorities on a ceasefire on October 10, and I hope that a ceasefire will pave the way for talks and negotiations".

Putin called the interference of third-party countries, as well as the presence of some terrorist groups in the Nagorno-Karabakh crisis, dangerous for the region, and said, "The efforts of all our neighbours should be exerted towards putting an end to the war and bloodshed and resolve the crisis through dialogue and negotiation".

https://en.abna24.com/news//pres-rouhani-war-not-a-solution-to-nagorno-karabakh-conflict_1077257.html