In the Name of God بسم الله

What do you think of stoning as a punishment?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member
49 minutes ago, HayderM said:

I cant but help have my molarity based on my society and culture thats where I grew up where I learnt my stuff so its natural for me to do so, Human Rights banned stoning completely and quite frankly I agree with them, does that mean im thinking wrong? because I cant help what my mind rejects and what it accepts

This is where control of the mind is required.

WS

• Advanced Member
50 minutes ago, HayderM said:

I cant but help have my molarity based on my society and culture thats where I grew up where I learnt my stuff so its natural for me to do so, Human Rights banned stoning completely and quite frankly I agree with them, does that mean im thinking wrong? because I cant help what my mind rejects and what it accepts

Did you see the scholar's link I directed you to on morality?

• Veteran Member
1 hour ago, Enlightened Follower said:

What logical premises have you used to convince you it is an "unjust" punishment?

Your emotions, feelings, dominant culture?

Justice will always remain independent of culture, emotions, and feelings of individuals.

And what is Justice but the consequence of Love? To obey such a humanless sense of "Justice" is not worth it, and this is not the example of any messenger of God.

I feel saddened when so many brothers adopt this approach to religion, because it makes it lose its beautiful, noble, and worthy-to-follow essence.

Religion shouldn't be chosen merely on the idea that it comes from God, because that belief may easily vanish (as it so commonly happens). Rather, it should be chosen because it is the best of choices, amd that requires us to think, to read, to reflect and use our brains and will-power.

Edited by Bakir

• Advanced Member
8 minutes ago, Bakir said:

And what is Justice but the consequence of Love? To obey such a humanless sense of "Justice" is not worth it, and this is not the example of any messenger of God.

I feel saddened when so many brothers adopt this approach to religion, because it makes it lose its beautiful, noble, and worthy-to-follow essence.

Religion shouldn't be chosen merely on the idea that it comes from God, because that belief may easily vanish (as it so commonly happens). Rather, it should be chosen because it is the best of choices, amd that requires us to think, to read, to reflect and use our brains and will-power.

This is about adultery Bakir which is frowned upon by most all individuals not about other more grey areas in morality which I discussed and sent a link to you for.

Salam,

If anyone is interested , here is a link for the judgements of Imam Ali, and the ones on stoning , and why certain hadd need to be only carried out by masoom Imams, including the ones on stoning , page 78-82

http://islamicmobility.com/pdf/Selections_From_Judgements_of_Hazrat_Ali.pdf

Edited by certainclarity

• Veteran Member
1 hour ago, Enlightened Follower said:

This is about adultery Bakir which is frowned upon by most all individuals not about other more grey areas in morality which I discussed and sent a link to you for.

That's the point Enlightened. The punishment or Justice on adultery isn't cold and humanless, but the exact contrary.

• Development Team

If it were up to me, I'd use stoning as a last resort. I'd hang or use the guiliotine, swifter, quicker and equally as frightening as stoning. I don't feel bad for people who rightfully deserve to get stoned, my main concern is people getting wrongfully convicted  and stoned based on hearsay rather than forensics.

17 hours ago, أبو فاطمة المحمدي said:

Where has the punishment of rajam contradicted the Qur'an?

سُورَةٌ أَنْزَلْنَاهَا وَفَرَضْنَاهَا وَأَنْزَلْنَا فِيهَا آيَاتٍ بَيِّنَاتٍ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَذَكَّرُونَ {1}
الزَّانِيَةُ وَالزَّانِي فَاجْلِدُوا كُلَّ وَاحِدٍ مِنْهُمَا مِائَةَ جَلْدَةٍ ۖ وَلَا تَأْخُذْكُمْ بِهِمَا رَأْفَةٌ فِي دِينِ اللَّهِ إِنْ كُنْتُمْ تُؤْمِنُونَ بِاللَّهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الْآخِرِ ۖ وَلْيَشْهَدْ عَذَابَهُمَا طَائِفَةٌ مِنَ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ{2}
الزَّانِي لَا يَنْكِحُ إِلَّا زَانِيَةً أَوْ مُشْرِكَةً وَالزَّانِيَةُ لَا يَنْكِحُهَا إِلَّا زَانٍ أَوْ مُشْرِكٌ ۚ وَحُرِّمَ ذَٰلِكَ عَلَى الْمُؤْمِنِينَ {3}
وَالَّذِينَ يَرْمُونَ الْمُحْصَنَاتِ ثُمَّ لَمْ يَأْتُوا بِأَرْبَعَةِ شُهَدَاءَ فَاجْلِدُوهُمْ ثَمَانِينَ جَلْدَةً وَلَا تَقْبَلُوا لَهُمْ شَهَادَةً أَبَدًا ۚ وَأُولَٰئِكَ هُمُ الْفَاسِقُونَ {4}
إِلَّا الَّذِينَ تَابُوا مِنْ بَعْدِ ذَٰلِكَ وَأَصْلَحُوا فَإِنَّ اللَّهَ غَفُورٌ رَحِيمٌ {5}
وَالَّذِينَ يَرْمُونَ أَزْوَاجَهُمْ وَلَمْ يَكُنْ لَهُمْ شُهَدَاءُ إِلَّا أَنْفُسُهُمْ فَشَهَادَةُ أَحَدِهِمْ أَرْبَعُ شَهَادَاتٍ بِاللَّهِ ۙ إِنَّهُ لَمِنَ الصَّادِقِينَ {6}

The verse 6 makes it obvious that "Zanis" include wives accused for the punishment and talks particularly about what should happen if husband testifies against his wife. That and the Surah was revealed when one of the wives of Rasool was accused of Zina. That and the word "Zani" in Arabic includes both fornicators and adulterers.

There is also this verse:

وَمَنْ لَمْ يَسْتَطِعْ مِنْكُمْ طَوْلًا أَنْ يَنْكِحَ الْمُحْصَنَاتِ الْمُؤْمِنَاتِ فَمِنْ مَا مَلَكَتْ أَيْمَانُكُمْ مِنْ فَتَيَاتِكُمُ الْمُؤْمِنَاتِ ۚ وَاللَّهُ أَعْلَمُ بِإِيمَانِكُمْ ۚ بَعْضُكُمْ مِنْ بَعْضٍ ۚ فَانْكِحُوهُنَّ بِإِذْنِ أَهْلِهِنَّ وَآتُوهُنَّ أُجُورَهُنَّ بِالْمَعْرُوفِ مُحْصَنَاتٍ غَيْرَ مُسَافِحَاتٍ وَلَا مُتَّخِذَاتِ أَخْدَانٍ ۚ فَإِذَا أُحْصِنَّ فَإِنْ أَتَيْنَ بِفَاحِشَةٍ فَعَلَيْهِنَّ نِصْفُ مَا عَلَى الْمُحْصَنَاتِ مِنَ الْعَذَابِ ۚ ذَٰلِكَ لِمَنْ خَشِيَ الْعَنَتَ مِنْكُمْ ۚ وَأَنْ تَصْبِرُوا خَيْرٌ لَكُمْ ۗ وَاللَّهُ غَفُورٌ رَحِيمٌ {25}

This suggest there is a punishment that can be reduced to half of what is given to free woman. Stoning to death doesn't fit this possibility rationally.

Then there is these two verses:

وَاللَّاتِي يَأْتِينَ الْفَاحِشَةَ مِنْ نِسَائِكُمْ فَاسْتَشْهِدُوا عَلَيْهِنَّ أَرْبَعَةً مِنْكُمْ ۖ فَإِنْ شَهِدُوا فَأَمْسِكُوهُنَّ فِي الْبُيُوتِ حَتَّىٰ يَتَوَفَّاهُنَّ الْمَوْتُ أَوْ يَجْعَلَ اللَّهُ لَهُنَّ سَبِيلًا {15}

[Shakir 4:15] And as for those who are guilty of an indecency from among your women, call to witnesses against them four (witnesses) from among you; then if they bear witness confine them to the houses until death takes them away or Allah opens some way for them.

وَاللَّذَانِ يَأْتِيَانِهَا مِنْكُمْ فَآذُوهُمَا ۖ فَإِنْ تَابَا وَأَصْلَحَا فَأَعْرِضُوا عَنْهُمَا ۗ إِنَّ اللَّهَ كَانَ تَوَّابًا رَحِيمًا {16}

[Shakir 4:16] And as for the two who are guilty of indecency from among you, give them both a punishment; then if they repent and amend, turn aside from them; surely Allah is Oft-returning (to mercy), the Merciful.

My notes:  It can be that they are confined to their houses with two possibilities: till death takes them or God finds another way for them. The latter is then interpreted by the following verse: "if they repent and amend, turn aside from them".

It also shows the punishment whatever it is, leaves the room for the person to repent and chance to change, and hence not be confined to their house till the end of their life.

Edited by StrugglingForTheLight

• Advanced Member
22 minutes ago, StrugglingForTheLight said:
سُورَةٌ أَنْزَلْنَاهَا وَفَرَضْنَاهَا وَأَنْزَلْنَا فِيهَا آيَاتٍ بَيِّنَاتٍ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَذَكَّرُونَ {1}
الزَّانِيَةُ وَالزَّانِي فَاجْلِدُوا كُلَّ وَاحِدٍ مِنْهُمَا مِائَةَ جَلْدَةٍ ۖ وَلَا تَأْخُذْكُمْ بِهِمَا رَأْفَةٌ فِي دِينِ اللَّهِ إِنْ كُنْتُمْ تُؤْمِنُونَ بِاللَّهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الْآخِرِ ۖ وَلْيَشْهَدْ عَذَابَهُمَا طَائِفَةٌ مِنَ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ{2}
الزَّانِي لَا يَنْكِحُ إِلَّا زَانِيَةً أَوْ مُشْرِكَةً وَالزَّانِيَةُ لَا يَنْكِحُهَا إِلَّا زَانٍ أَوْ مُشْرِكٌ ۚ وَحُرِّمَ ذَٰلِكَ عَلَى الْمُؤْمِنِينَ {3}
وَالَّذِينَ يَرْمُونَ الْمُحْصَنَاتِ ثُمَّ لَمْ يَأْتُوا بِأَرْبَعَةِ شُهَدَاءَ فَاجْلِدُوهُمْ ثَمَانِينَ جَلْدَةً وَلَا تَقْبَلُوا لَهُمْ شَهَادَةً أَبَدًا ۚ وَأُولَٰئِكَ هُمُ الْفَاسِقُونَ {4}
إِلَّا الَّذِينَ تَابُوا مِنْ بَعْدِ ذَٰلِكَ وَأَصْلَحُوا فَإِنَّ اللَّهَ غَفُورٌ رَحِيمٌ {5}
وَالَّذِينَ يَرْمُونَ أَزْوَاجَهُمْ وَلَمْ يَكُنْ لَهُمْ شُهَدَاءُ إِلَّا أَنْفُسُهُمْ فَشَهَادَةُ أَحَدِهِمْ أَرْبَعُ شَهَادَاتٍ بِاللَّهِ ۙ إِنَّهُ لَمِنَ الصَّادِقِينَ {6}

The verse 6 makes it obvious that "Zanis" include wives accused for the punishment and talks particularly about what should happen if husband testifies against his wife. That and the Surah was revealed when one of the wives of Rasool was accused of Zina. That and the word "Zani" in Arabic includes both fornicators and adulterers.

There is also this verse:

وَمَنْ لَمْ يَسْتَطِعْ مِنْكُمْ طَوْلًا أَنْ يَنْكِحَ الْمُحْصَنَاتِ الْمُؤْمِنَاتِ فَمِنْ مَا مَلَكَتْ أَيْمَانُكُمْ مِنْ فَتَيَاتِكُمُ الْمُؤْمِنَاتِ ۚ وَاللَّهُ أَعْلَمُ بِإِيمَانِكُمْ ۚ بَعْضُكُمْ مِنْ بَعْضٍ ۚ فَانْكِحُوهُنَّ بِإِذْنِ أَهْلِهِنَّ وَآتُوهُنَّ أُجُورَهُنَّ بِالْمَعْرُوفِ مُحْصَنَاتٍ غَيْرَ مُسَافِحَاتٍ وَلَا مُتَّخِذَاتِ أَخْدَانٍ ۚ فَإِذَا أُحْصِنَّ فَإِنْ أَتَيْنَ بِفَاحِشَةٍ فَعَلَيْهِنَّ نِصْفُ مَا عَلَى الْمُحْصَنَاتِ مِنَ الْعَذَابِ ۚ ذَٰلِكَ لِمَنْ خَشِيَ الْعَنَتَ مِنْكُمْ ۚ وَأَنْ تَصْبِرُوا خَيْرٌ لَكُمْ ۗ وَاللَّهُ غَفُورٌ رَحِيمٌ {25}

This suggest there is a punishment that can be reduced to half of what is given to free woman. Stoning to death doesn't fit this possibility rationally.

Then there is these two verses:

وَاللَّاتِي يَأْتِينَ الْفَاحِشَةَ مِنْ نِسَائِكُمْ فَاسْتَشْهِدُوا عَلَيْهِنَّ أَرْبَعَةً مِنْكُمْ ۖ فَإِنْ شَهِدُوا فَأَمْسِكُوهُنَّ فِي الْبُيُوتِ حَتَّىٰ يَتَوَفَّاهُنَّ الْمَوْتُ أَوْ يَجْعَلَ اللَّهُ لَهُنَّ سَبِيلًا {15}

[Shakir 4:15] And as for those who are guilty of an indecency from among your women, call to witnesses against them four (witnesses) from among you; then if they bear witness confine them to the houses until death takes them away or Allah opens some way for them.

وَاللَّذَانِ يَأْتِيَانِهَا مِنْكُمْ فَآذُوهُمَا ۖ فَإِنْ تَابَا وَأَصْلَحَا فَأَعْرِضُوا عَنْهُمَا ۗ إِنَّ اللَّهَ كَانَ تَوَّابًا رَحِيمًا {16}

[Shakir 4:16] And as for the two who are guilty of indecency from among you, give them both a punishment; then if they repent and amend, turn aside from them; surely Allah is Oft-returning (to mercy), the Merciful.

My notes:  It can be that they are confined to their houses with two possibilities: till death takes them or God finds another way for them. The latter is then interpreted by the following verse: "if they repent and amend, turn aside from them".

It also shows the punishment whatever it is, leaves the room for the person to repent and chance to change, and hence not be confined to their house till the end of their life.

Thank you, I support the Quran overrules all of the hadith, I dont care how many there are.

Fornicator and Adulters fall both under zina and Zina is the word used in the Quran.

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 9:39 AM, أبو فاطمة المحمدي said:

Are you faulting Allah's Law?

bismillah.gif.393fb7210bdbb808df670eb7c5

If you take Allah's law serious then no women on earth will be get killed from stoning, because of the rules and laws governing it. Don't you have to have 4 sane, just, God fearing witnesses first? And after that, who should stone the guilty one, someone who HAS NOT COMMITTED A SIN! suppose you even found  that, the rocks that were to be thrown at her, should be small size, and the way it should be thrown at the guilty not by force, this is to teach others a moral lessons not to do this kind of sin. I respect you brother but I don't agree with you.

1 hour ago, 12reasons4truth. said:

bismillah.gif.393fb7210bdbb808df670eb7c5

If you take Allah's law serious then no women on earth will be get killed from stoning, because of the rules and laws governing it. Don't you have to have 4 sane, just, God fearing witnesses first? And after that, who should stone the guilty one, someone who HAS NOT COMMITTED A SIN! suppose you even found  that, the rocks that were to be thrown at her, should be small size, and the way it should be thrown at the guilty not by force, this is to teach others a moral lessons not to do this kind of sin. I respect you brother but I don't agree with you.

This is a Christian belief.

3 minutes ago, 12reasons4truth. said:

bismillah.gif.b2500d5cbaaaaadf56997c7547

Guess what Sherlock, Christianity is part of Islam!

Lol. When a Christian belief contradicts a Muslim belief, then one has to follow the Muslim belief, because all opposite beliefs are deviant. We don't believe in religious pluralism.

41 minutes ago, The Batman said:

Lol. When a Christian belief contradicts a Muslim belief, then one has to follow the Muslim belief, because all opposite beliefs are deviant. We don't believe in religious pluralism.

Jesus Christ never contradicted Mohammad s.a.w. or any other prophets! Neither did Mohammad sa.w. contradicted any of the previous Prophets,  Prophets never contradict each other, they actually confirm and compliment  each other. Without Jesus Christ ( Isa a.s) Islam WOULD NOT BE COMPLETE! You know Jesus Christ a.s through the rewritten Bible, you don't know the real Jesus Christ Isa a.s. through the Holy Quran! The Original Holy Bible would compliment the Holy Quran, it wouldn't go against it. The problem with Islam we have today is that every Tom Richard and Harry think he is a Muslim scholar where they  know nothing about Islam themselves.

Edited by 12reasons4truth.

15 minutes ago, 12reasons4truth. said:

Jesus Christ never contradicted Mohammad s.a.w. or any other prophets! Neither did Mohammad sa.w. contradicted any of the previous Prophets,  Prophets never contradict each other, they actually confirm and compliment  each other. Without Jesus Christ ( Isa a.s) Islam WOULD NOT BE COMPLETE! You know Jesus Christ a.s through the rewritten Bible, you don't know the real Jesus Christ Isa a.s. through the Holy Quran! The Original Holy Bible would compliment the Holy Quran, it wouldn't go against it. The problem with Islam we have today is that every Tom Richard and Harry think he is a Muslim scholar where they  know nothing about Islam themselves.

I think you're going on a rant for no reason. No one said Prophets contradict each other, with my statement I meant deviant modern Christianity contradicts Islam. This is because the Christians deviated after Prophet Isa [AS] left them, they started making things up, like saying he is the Son of God (astaghfirullah) which is major shirk. This has nothing to do with Prophet's contradicting each other, but more to do with followers deviating from the straight path.

Right now in Islamic Law, with regards to stoning, there is no requirement for the people who throw the stones to be infallible. No proper scholar in history has every said that or made that claim.

What some have said is that the punishment is suspended until the Ma'soom [AS] is there. And this is a debated position in Shi'a Fiqh, now most mainstream scholars seem to think that there is no requirement needed for a Ma'soom to be in the midst of the people for this punishment to be carried out.

11 minutes ago, The Batman said:

I think you're going on a rant for no reason. No one said Prophets contradict each other, with my statement I meant deviant modern Christianity contradicts Islam. This is because the Christians deviated after Prophet Isa [AS] left them, they started making things up, like saying he is the Son of God (astaghfirullah) which is major shirk. This has nothing to do with Prophet's contradicting each other, but more to do with followers deviating from the straight path.

Right now in Islamic Law, with regards to stoning, there is no requirement for the people who throw the stones to be infallible. No proper scholar in history has every said that or made that claim.

What some have said is that the punishment is suspended until the Ma'soom [AS] is there. And this is a debated position in Shi'a Fiqh, now most mainstream scholars seem to think that there is no requirement needed for a Ma'soom to be in the midst of the people for this punishment to be carried out.

Ok let me ask you this, in order to stone a guilty person, don't you need 4 witnesses who ARE NORMAL, MEANING THEY ARE NOT INSANE OR CRAZY, THEY ARE JUST, MEANING THEY ARE GOD FEARING AND ONLY JUDGING THE TRUTH, AND ARE NOT AN ENEMY OF THE ACCUSED, that they have SEEN with their own eyes, the accused of having an affair and there is not even .000000001% chance of being wrong?? FYI if you can not have 4 above described witnesses, then you can not "stone to death" nobody. This is what I am trying to prove, yes, God has allowed it to happen but it make it IMPOSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!

P.S.

God also says that if they repent then let them go!

Edited by 12reasons4truth.

4 minutes ago, 12reasons4truth. said:

Ok let me ask you this, in order to stone a guilty person, don't you need 4 witnesses who ARE NORMAL, MEANING THEY ARE NOT INSANE OR CRAZY, THEY ARE JUST, MEANING THEY ARE GOD FEARING AND ONLY JUDGING THE TRUTH, AND ARE NOT AN ENEMY OF THE ACCUSED, that they have SEEN with their own eyes, the accused of having an affair and there is not even .000000001% chance of being wrong?? FYI if you can not have 4 above described witnesses, then you can not "stone to death" nobody. This is what I am trying to prove, yes, God has allowed it to happen but it make it IMPOSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Yes those are the requirements which are needed in order to carry out the punishment of stoning.

11 minutes ago, The Batman said:

Thank you, so with that being said, can anyone still get "stoned to death" knowing that God said to let go of them if they repent?

3 minutes ago, The Batman said:

According to Sayyed al-Khoei, only if the person repents before the matter goes to court.

LOL let me ask you this genius, if your life was in danger (God forbid), wouldn't you repent before it goes to court, knowing that it will spare your life whether guilty or innocent?

7 minutes ago, 12reasons4truth. said:

LOL let me ask you this genius, if your life was in danger (God forbid), wouldn't you repent before it goes to court, knowing that it will spare your life whether guilty or innocent?

I don't know why you're being sarcastic with me, calling me a "genius". I never even said anything regarding the chances of getting caught doing something like this, and then going through the entire process. Obviously the chances of this punishment being carried out is extremely slim.

I have never even debated the point that this punishment is very rare to occur.

• Advanced Member
On 2016-04-03 at 5:58 PM, HayderM said:

Imagine a person you've loved for so long commits adultery, instead of divorce or allowing them time to seek forgiveness, you do this to them. I'm very sorry but I find it hard to understand Allah Almighty is pleased with his servants killing people in such a way for 'justice'.

My love is not unconditional and neither is my hate.

For example, I love Allah(SWT), so I follow what He tells me to follow and what he tells me to follow is good so I love good.

I hate ibliss because Allah(SWT) cursed him, so I hate him because He told me to hate him, what ibliss said was against what Allah(SWT) said, so what he said is not good.

I love you because you love Allah(SWT), if you hate Allah(SWT) then I hate you, etc.

If my future wife ever commits adultery with someone, then I would not love her anymore, I would hate her and I would not care what happens to her, if she would have loved me she would not have committed adultery and imagine if we had kids and how they would be affected by her actions, nothing would ever be the same even if I tried to forgive her, which i never would do because my trust would have been broken completely for eternity.

When someone commits adultery it means that they are attacking the very foundation of society which is family. Family is not something to be taken lightly on as you know the holy Qur'an mentions relationships within the family several times and the ones without family(orphans).

I will repeat what I said in my earlier post: Sometimes we do not even realize the gravity of the sins we commit.

Anyways, as you know, In hell one will be burned alive and as the skin (pain reciprocator) gets burned away new skin will replace it so you can relive the pain over and over again without passing out. One will be in constant fear and worry, so the pain will not be limited to physical pain but to mental and spiritual pain as well, there will be no rest, no pause to the suffering. Ponder on that for a minute.

And speaking of things that one considers barbaric, ever heard of the atomic bomb? That is TRULY barbaric.

• Advanced Member
On April 3, 2016 at 2:29 PM, narsis said:

Bismillah.

Salaam.

The wisdom behind Islamic criminal laws is more of prevention and protection of community’s security rather than executing a punishment. Thus, although Islamic retributions sound violent, in practice Islam has set forth rigorous requirements to prove a crime. For example, theoretically the punishment of adultery ( زنا المحصنة  is illegal sex committed by a person – male or female- who is permanently married) is stoning, however, to prove the crime either four just male eye witnesses must be present together before the judge to testify that they witnessed the actual fornication and their testimony is exactly the same – if only three just male eye witnesses appear before the court and offer their testimony they will be held liable to punishment-, another way to prove a crime is if the suspect appears before the court on four different occasions and willingly confesses the crime. Even if one of the parties involved confesses the crime the law will be executed only on him/her.

Punishment for theft is another example. Theoretically its punishment is amputation of the right four fingers – administered under anesthetics. However, the law will not be executed unless about 15 conditions are met. For example, the law will not be executed during a famine if the stolen item is a necessity of life, or if the thief repents before the case is brought before a judge, the case will be dismissed, etc.

Studying the practice of Ahlul-Bayt (a.s) leaves us with no doubt that the criminal laws have been only executed as the very last resort when all other preventing factors fail. The Imams of Ahlul-Bayt (a.s) would let go of a case once the signs of regret would appear or when there would be any doubt about the certainty of an accusation. It is narrated from the holy Prophet (P): “Dismiss a punishment when there is a doubt.” (al-Faqih, vol. 4, p.74).

The following story is a prime example of the Islamic approach towards the execution of a crime.

Imam Sadiq (a.s) narrated: “A man appeared before Imam Ali (a.s) while he was with his companions, confessing: O Amirul-Mo’meneen I have slept with aboy (i.e homosexuality), please purify me. The Imam said to him: Go back home, I’m afraid you have lost your sanity. The next day the same man appeared before the Imam with the same confession, and Imam gave him the same reply. It was until when he appeared before the Imam for the fourth time that the Imam replied: How would you like to be punished? The man said: in the most severe way. The Imam said: that is to burn by fire. He said: I choose that. He then offered two Rak’at prayers and in his Qonoot said: “O Allah! I’ve committed a capital sin and I am concerned about its consequences. O Allah! I came to the successor and the cousin of your Prophet to purify me, and I’ve chosen the most severe punishment. O Allah! I beg you to access this as my retribution and do not burn me in the Hell-Fire in the hereafter. He then finished his prayer and stepped into the punishing pitch while he was crying. Observing the scene ImamAli (a.s) and his companions were all in tears. Then the Imam said to the man: Come out! Indeed you made the angels of heaven and earth cry for you. Lo! Allah has forgiven you, but never do such things again.” (al-Kaafi 7:202).

http://www.askthesheikh.com/why-is-sharia-law-so-violent-like-stoning-cutting-of-hands-and-lashing/

With Duas.

Narsis.

When talking about married couple does that included temporary marriage (muta)

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, LabaikYaHussein said:

When talking about married couple does that included temporary marriage (muta)

No ... but there are some Ahkaam for Muta: for example If someone (knowingly or unknowingly) commits adultery with a married woman (married husband permanently or temporarily), the man who committed adultery will not be allowed to marry that woman forever.

I also suggest you to see this link:

http://www.islamquest.net/en/archive/question/fa2914

• 2 weeks later...