Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Enlightened Follower

Violence Against Women is not because of Muslims Lecture

Rate this topic

this is not true , their is many hadiths that promote violence against women and justify husband beating of his wife , not to mention polygamy and talaq is in hand of the man , and women doesn't have equal rights in inheritance and work , hijab is only forced on women , the children have to take the father name and if the wife give her name to the children the children would be concerned illegal children , mean [Edited Out] children . 

their is alot of stuff that show that islam is not coherence with modern women rights , islam as religion is good but it need reformances to suit the time and age , like for example 1400 years ago women couldn't work and male had to provide for the females , but now females do work and have their own income and help with the family financials , so as the women situations change their should be equal rights for both male and females , and I believe that Allah is just and he wouldn't accept injustice in name of religion . 

7 minutes ago, sakura1994 said:

this is not true , their is many hadiths that promote violence against women and justify husband beating of his wife , not to mention polygamy and talaq is in hand of the man , and women doesn't have equal rights in inheritance and work , hijab is only forced on women , the children have to take the father name and if the wife give her name to the children the children would be concerned illegal children , mean [Edited Out] children . 

their is alot of stuff that show that islam is not coherence with modern women rights , islam as religion is good but it need reformances to suit the time and age , like for example 1400 years ago women couldn't work and male had to provide for the females , but now females do work and have their own income and help with the family financials , so as the women situations change their should be equal rights for both male and females , and I believe that Allah is just and he wouldn't accept injustice in name of religion . 

Thanks for your post.  I'm learning about Islam so would like to read the hadiths you mention.  Would you mind quoting exactly which hadiths promote violence against women and justify the husband's beating of his wife? 

As for women and work, as far as I'm aware the wife of the prophet (pbuhahf) supported him when they first got married. She was the one with all the material wealth. I don't think it's the case that women 1400 years ago didn't have jobs.  Some did.

I don't think hijab should be forced if it is.  I don't think the Qur'an forces anyone to do anything.  It is a choice.  You have free will.  God has given humans free will.  There is no compulusion in religion.  If people are forcing the hijab on women then the fault lies with them and not Islam.  If it has to be forced it clearly means that the woman does not want to wear it.  If she doesn't want to wear it then, Islamically, it makes no sense for her to wear it because she would be wearing it for the wrong reasons, out of fear of other people.  That's not what it's supposed to be about. 

2 hours ago, Yasmin P said:

Thanks for your post.  I'm learning about Islam so would like to read the hadiths you mention.  Would you mind quoting exactly which hadiths promote violence against women and justify the husband's beating of his wife? 

As for women and work, as far as I'm aware the wife of the prophet (pbuhahf) supported him when they first got married. She was the one with all the material wealth. I don't think it's the case that women 1400 years ago didn't have jobs.  Some did.

I don't think hijab should be forced if it is.  I don't think the Qur'an forces anyone to do anything.  It is a choice.  You have free will.  God has given humans free will.  There is no compulusion in religion.  If people are forcing the hijab on women then the fault lies with them and not Islam.  If it has to be forced it clearly means that the woman does not want to wear it.  If she doesn't want to wear it then, Islamically, it makes no sense for her to wear it because she would be wearing it for the wrong reasons, out of fear of other people.  That's not what it's supposed to be about. 

khadija RA was from wealthy family to begin with , she just inherited her family wealth and managed it , and prophat Mohammed SAW married her before the message of islam come to him , and non of the other wives of prophat Mohammed SAW was working only khadija RA .

as for the hadiths that promote violence against wives and women . 

watch this video , it have the hadiths in it , it's too troublesome to try and find those hadiths in english sorry !

34 minutes ago, sakura1994 said:

heir is alot of stuff that show that islam is not coherence with modern women rights , islam as religion is good but it need reformances to suit the time and age , like for example 1400 years ago women couldn't work and male had to provide for the females , but now females do work and have their own income and help with the family financials , so as the women situations change their should be equal rights for both male and females , and I believe that Allah is just and he wouldn't accept injustice in name of religion .

Then what did Allah (swt) mean by  "This day I have perfected for you your religion and completed My favor upon you and approved for you Islam as religion" (5:3) If something is perfected, it does not need reform. If something needs reform, it is not perfected. Allah (swt) is perfect and more just than we'll ever know. How can a imperfect human prone to mistakes such as yourself know better than Allah (swt), your Creator and Lord of the Worlds?

3 hours ago, Yasmin P said:

As for women and work, as far as I'm aware the wife of the prophet (pbuhahf) supported him when they first got married. She was the one with all the material wealth. I don't think it's the case that women 1400 years ago didn't have jobs.  Some did. people with their 

Islam is completed as religion , mean their is no more revelations , no more prophats , no more mircles etc , it doesn't mean life stop 1400 ago with the islam completion , Allah give us brain and logic togather with faith and religion and guides from him , and we have choice .

it's in human nature to develop and evolve , and life and needs of humans difference from time to time and you have to live with what you have , 1400 years ago people used to travels with camels and horses , now people use cars and planes , 1400 years ago people didn't have technology now we have , so should we not use technology and say it's new and islam is completed ! ... this is illogical and I don't think Allah created us to stop at what was given 1400 years ago , Islam is beautiful and it's completed religion but the understanding of islam different from time to another .

18 minutes ago, sakura1994 said:

khadija RA was from wealthy family to begin with , she just inherited her family wealth and managed it , and prophat Mohammed SAW married her before the message of islam come to him , and non of the other wives of prophat Mohammed SAW was working only khadija RA .

watch this video , it have the hadiths in it , it's too troublesome to try and find those hadiths in english sorry !

I watched the video and I didn't see any hadiths in there.  It's some guy constructing one strawman after another.  There was that verse from the Qur'an which has been abused by men for their own agenda.  It doesn't prove anything about Islam as a religion oppressing women.  It proves that men are oppressing women.  I don't understand why they're showing these blonde naked women in these mindless scenes.  Are these women somehow supposed to be examples to aspire to?  No thanks. That man who threatened to split in half with two trucks the body of the brother or father of the woman who didn't wear her hijab, what has that got to do with Islam?  That was one sick man. 

There are thousands of muslim women who are doctors, journalists, academics, writers...  Why didn't they show them too?  There are thousands of white blonde women who get beaten black and blue by the men in their lives.  Why didn't they also show that?

This youtube is an insult to all who watch it and I'm surprised anyone can take this crude piece of propaganda seriously.  

7 minutes ago, sakura1994 said:

Islam is beautiful and it's completed religion but the understanding of islam different from time to another .

This is the reason why the reason why ulema study Islam, because as people change and evolve, so does the understanding of Islam.  Without the teachings and sunnah of Muhammad (saw) and Ahlulbayt (as) , we lack the basics of the tenets of Islam. 

2 hours ago, Yasmin P said:

I watched the video and I didn't see any hadiths in there.  It's some guy constructing one strawman after another.  There was that verse from the Qur'an which has been abused by men for their own agenda.  It doesn't prove anything about Islam as a religion oppressing women.  It proves that men are oppressing women.  I don't understand why they're showing these blonde naked women in these mindless scenes.  Are these women somehow supposed to be examples to aspire to?  No thanks. That man who threatened to split in half with two trucks the body of the brother or father of the woman who didn't wear her hijab, what has that got to do with Islam?  That was one sick man. 

There are thousands of muslim women who are doctors, journalists, academics, writers...  Why didn't they show them too?  There are thousands of white blonde women who get beaten black and blue by the men in their lives.  Why didn't they also show that?

This youtube is an insult to all who watch it and I'm surprised anyone can take this crude piece of propaganda seriously.  

he quoted at least 4 hadiths that talk about women , one say that to put the wipe where your family can see it , another hadith say to hit the women like what you do to your slave until she submit to you , and many more , I guess they didn't translate it in the cc of the video .

44 minutes ago, sakura1994 said:

I don't see any hadiths, just conversations of Islamic scholars referring to a hadith but we don't see the hadith in full context like we should. Besides, if it is too troublesome to find the hadiths you are talking about in English, then you shouldn't be having this discussion on Shiachat.

2 hours ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

I don't see any hadiths, just conversations of Islamic scholars referring to a hadith but we don't see the hadith in full context like we should. Besides, if it is too troublesome to find the hadiths you are talking about in English, then you shouldn't be having this discussion on Shiachat.

thanks for the advise but I think I will do what I want  zBHFKjG.png

I assume you speak or understand Arabic?  I don't.  As you say, it's badly translated so it didn't come across.  I should also point out that many hadiths were fabricated.  Hundreds of thousands were fabricated.  So, just because it's a hadith, it doesn't necessarily mean the prophet (pbuhahf) said this.  If the style of the video is anything to go by, which completely lacks any integrity, I am inclined to suspect they are quoting fabricated hadiths.  

Unless they can give the actual references, I have to take everything with a shovel full of salt.

Edited by Yasmin P
typo