In the Name of God بسم الله

How to Properly Interpret and Examine the Sunnah of the Prophet(SAWS) in the Islamic Tradition?

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, Enlightened Follower said:

Salam sister, 

No I am not Italian lol, I am just very fascinated by their culture and features. I am Shia.

Thank you for asking.

WS

hehe for a sec i thought you watch the godfather a couple o times, really have you been to italy? and what is it that impresses you the most about italy.besides the fact they made one of the most delicious combinations of food ever.sausage or beef, with pizza or tomato sacuse and cheese and pasta,macaroni hahahaha

• Advanced Member
3 minutes ago, sidnaq said:

hehe for a sec i thought you watch the godfather a couple o times, really have you been to italy? and what is it that impresses you the most about italy.besides the fact they made one of the most delicious combinations of food ever.sausage or beef, with pizza or tomato sacuse and cheese and pasta,macaroni hahahaha

Rome, the history etc.

• Forum Administrators

Thank you for sharing the video. I was impressed with the last 12 minutes. He talks about hadith fabrication causing the debate over which sunnah should be followed. He says all sects of Islam until the modern Quranist movement (late 1800's, early 20th century) agreed that the Sunnah must be followed along with the Qur'an. Otherwise, prayer, wudu and fasting would have to be abandoned, because the details are taken from the hadith. He says Muslim scholars have always acknowledged the need for the Sunnah but they have also understood that the Qur'an speaks to us in many ways and that sometimes we will disagree on how the Qur'an is speaking to us, what it is saying, what the laws are, what the rules are. He says disagreements between the sects because of differences in the interpretation of the Qur'an are minor, not on the main points. 

• Development Team

@Enlightened Follower

Here's a debate that I had with a Qur'anist once:

www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235032954-shia-challenging-questions/#comment-2845557

The Qur'an aloners are some of the most hypocritical people that I had the misfortune of meeting. I don't know what I saw in the Qur'an alone movement, read the Reformiist Qur'an and could tell Edip was no expert on the Arabic language.