Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
RevertSister

Fake tan - Halal or Haram?!?!

Rate this topic

As salaam Alaikum, Ok so I know this may sound abit weird, but I know someone who uses fake tan and she's convinced it's a permissible thing to do. I'm not talking about the tanning beds. I'm just on about the creams/ sprays you can apply to your skin and it sort of just stains it? .. What would you say. Is this allowed in Islam? I've looked online to try and get evidence but not had much look. Just want to look out for my sister for the sake of Allah swt.

Salam,

If you are allowed to dye your hair, color your lips with lip stick, what is the difference in coloring your skin, in a natural color? specially if it is cream.

people even decorate their hands and feet with henna.

I see no harm or haram in cream tans.

Just tell her to refrain if it contains any pig fat.

Edited by certainclarity

57 minutes ago, certainclarity said:

Salam,

If you are allowed to dye your hair, color your lips with lip stick, what is the difference in coloring your skin, in a natural color? specially if it is cream.

people even decorate their hands and feet with henna.

I see no harm or haram in cream tans.

Just tell her to refrain if it contains any pig fat.

Contains pig fat? Wow I didn't know beauty products could have things like that in them, how strange. 

1 hour ago, zainabamy said:

Contains pig fat? Wow I didn't know beauty products could have things like that in them, how strange. 

Yes, lots of lotions/ creams and lip sticks use pig derivatives.

Some of the people I know in London, have contacted various cosmetics chains to ask if their products contain any pig derivatives. Some do, some don't . Apparently Loreal and branches under loreal don't and neither does Nivea. But some others do.

Some perfumes even contain civet.

Which we should check also.

Civet:

A material taken from the anal gland of civet cat which is used in perfumes and creams.

Since civet is hugely powerful and long-lasting (cats use the odor to mark their territory), and since these are qualities valued by perfumers, it’s not surprising that civet is one of the fundamentals of French perfume. What is surprising is that it’s used today, in this era filled with antiseptic smells. One is sometimes hard pressed to call some of the lighter-than-air, sugar-free, zero-calorie, barely-there fragrances like Issey Miyake’s l’Eau d’Issey or Calvin Klein’s cK One “perfumes.” Helium seems like their central ingredient. Civet, on the other hand, can’t be held closer than six inches from your nose. Yet not only do the prewar classics like Chanel No. 5 and Shalimar have civet in them, but it’s also in such recent scents as Musc Ravageur.

Talk to any perfumer, even American ones, and they’ll say that civet, used in tiny quantities, breathes astonishing life into perfumes, giving them weight and depth. Civet is like adding whole cream to soups or sauces: what could make you gag taken straight up and raw becomes, when underpinning the greater mix, golden and sensual. "

Sometimes, he said, the civet is cut.

We looked at him uncertainly. Cut?

“Mixed with other materials.” He motioned to his nose and added, “For the smell.”

Uh, like what?

“Banana peels. Butter. Beeswax. Hair.”

Hair!

“Children’s excrement.”

What? “The excrement of ... children?” said the perfume-house owner, not sure if she’d heard correctly.

“Yes,” Guichard said blithely, as if this were the most normal thing. “Zebu grease,” he added.

We looked at one another. Zebu grease. Could this possibly be for real? Guichard didn’t look as if he were kidding. He hit another key, and a list of adulterants (“adjonctions fréquentes,” it said) came up on the screen: “graisses de zébu, beurre, huiles, miel, cire d’abeille, bananes pilées, excréments d’enfants, sable, poils, etc.” The consultant, baffled, said, “These children, uh ...,” and then stopped, as if she didn’t want to know. At which point Guichard sunnily suggested that we break for lunch.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2007/10/21/style/tmagazine/21chanel.html?referer=&_r=0

So probably you may have ask the cosmetic counter or call their help line to inquire.

Edited by certainclarity

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 11:03 AM, RevertSister said:

s salaam Alaikum, Ok so I know this may sound abit weird, but I know someone who uses fake tan and she's convinced it's a permissible thing to do. I'm not talking about the tanning beds. I'm just on about the creams/ sprays you can apply to your skin and it sort of just stains it? .. What would you say. Is this allowed in Islam? I've looked online to try and get evidence but not had much look. Just want to look out for my sister for the sake of Allah swt.

bismillah.gif.6f91c9a8d969b719a0ded6a34a

ws2.png.e5bd69c5c91460cfe33ba82ac8c24441

Dear sister, we, as human being have to learn how  to accept what God Almighty has given/made  us. Greed is from Shaiton. We have to learn how to accept who we are, whether we are white, black, brown, poor, rich, different nationalities etc. Dark people want to lighten their skin, lighter people want to darken their skin, why cant we just be thankful to Allah s.w.t for how he made us human beings instead of changing our looks for greed/Shayton.....

Its the inner beauty that makes the outer beauty shine.

Wasalam.

salam1.jpg

Edited by 12reasons4truth.