Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
ChattingwithShias

Feelings about the Islamic Republic (Wilayat Faqih) System/Regime? (POLL)

Rate this topic

How Do you Feel About the Islamic Republic / Wilayat Faqih?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. How Do you Feel about Wilayat Faqih / Islamic Republic of Iran?

• Wilayat Who?
    • I don't care to be honest
    • I am AGAINST Wilayat Faqih and the Islamic Republic of Iran
    • I SUPPORT Wilayat Faqih and the Islamic Republic of Iran
    • I Like the Idea of Wilayat Faqih and Khomeini but I am Against the Current Gvt in Iran

Even if other marjas consider it wrong(mine does), if it was a mere republic/democracy/non islamic then it wouldn't be able to spearhead the Shi'ites like they're doing now. Iraq and Iran are the only ones that have the potential to spearhead us, Iraq is full of corruption so they can't do much without Iran protecting them. They would even be partitioned by now if no one rejected such imperialistic ideas.. Wilaya +1. Down with America!! :dwarf:

Edited by Ali Hamieh

Even if you don't consider it a traditional part of your religion, it's the most Shi'ite form of government on Earth.

Edited by Patience101

1 hour ago, repenter said:

"I Like the Idea of Wilayat Faqih and Khomeini but I am Against the Current Gvt in Iran "

Which part of government?

I didnt have enough room to type more, but basically you are theoretically for WF but you dislike the current players in the regime (Khamenei, IRGC, Rafsanjani, Expediency Council etc) and think they went astray from the original intent of the Revolution. This option is for people who like Ayatollah Khomeini but think the Revolution lost its way.

1 hour ago, ChattingwithShias said:

I didnt have enough room to type more, but basically you are theoretically for WF but you dislike the current players in the regime (Khamenei, IRGC, Rafsanjani, Expediency Council etc) and think they went astray from the original intent of the Revolution. This option is for people who like Ayatollah Khomeini but think the Revolution lost its way.

Ehhh...Khamenei and Rafsanjani are probably biggest opponents since the revolution started. The president and his cabin is not exactly on the same wavelength with WF nor is the assembly in line with the president. The Majlis is also part of government, then you have the court which which is a part of government. 

I know you wanted to make it easy...but its not that easy.........

Btw, if you find someone saying they liked khomeini.....but dislike khamenei....they are either lying, really really confused, or pulling your leg. 

I support Imam Khameini in a political way. I love the stance of the IRI towards the Palestinian cause and their multireligious attitude. The stories of Sunni persecution are rather political than religious. 

You can also see they are supported by non-muslim nations that do not support the Imperialist power in charge. 

They are the best alternative now. 

But as I said I support him in a political way.

Edited by Talut

I personally don't care that much? WF or nothing, who ever the majority want will remain in power even if its not close to my liking I accept it.

If there peace and stability in the country than I am more than happy. If people can do their everyday chores, get an education and basically satisfy all their needs for living and there is also peace/stability in the country than I am more than satisfied.

welayat is the only form of authority in islam. hence we have welayat of Allah (singular) and welayat of taguts (plural). Welayat of Allah is through his khalifas (mesengers/imams) and in their absence their representativs (eg. muslim the representative of imam hussain). Through accepting their welayat and following the islamic path, we gain guidance from Allah and ascent spiritually. In the major occulation of imam Mahdi, welayat of imam mahdi is through his indirect representatives, those are the most knowledgeable and pious among the shias. This is why we must accept the welayat of marjas. This is at the indivudal level.

At social level, we must accept the same welayat of Allah, and adhere to islmaic path for the society to ascent and gain readiness for the return of imam mahdi. This is through the same marjas, particuarly, welayat of fagih. It is the pious fagih who has basirat (vision and understanding) to guide the society through the toughest challenges, knowing when to move forward, when to slow down, when to back down and when to move full speed ahead in impelemnting islamic laws and values.

If quran states Reba (usury) as war against Allah and must be avoided at individual level, then at society level and part of the liberal economic system, it will corrupt the masses in a systematic manner to the point where no one will remain untained from it. This marks the descent of a society. To combat this, we must implement and islamic economic system. This is just one example.

Eventually, as the non islamic systems are replaced by islamic ones, then the society ascents and becomes ready for the return of imam mahdi. This is the only path to imam mahdi, as it shows the honesty of intention of those who claim readiness for him.

Anything less, and we will be no different than the israelies waiting for prophet musa (weeping) or kufis waiting for imam hussaing (sending letters), or every other groups the prophets and imams had to deal with.

Edited by Shiawarrior313

Thanks for having more option but i think there need to be some clarification on what do you mean current goverment? Do you mean the government of Rohani? Rohani amd khamenei is not a part of the same govenment or members of a party. They also have different pespective on certain issues and their followers are also completely different.

Perhaps you need another option for those who

- dont like the idea of wilayah al faqih or khamenei but is fine with the iranian government headed by rohani.

On 4/18/2016 at 8:14 PM, Althaqalayn12 said:

I'd be surprised if they did, because we all follow a faqeeh.

following a faghih is different with wilayat fagih, how much do you know about concept of wilayat faghih? 

plus, most of ulama in iran don't talk about wilayat faghih because they are afraid of the regime otherwise wilayat faghih is not something popular in iran. 

5 hours ago, Golden-crowned said:

plus, most of ulama in iran don't talk about wilayat faghih because they are afraid of the regime otherwise wilayat faghih is not something popular in iran. 

...which is why the current government is still in power and millions turn out on February 11th to celebrate the revolution that brought Wilayat al-Faqih to the country.

3 hours ago, Shaykh Patience101 said:

...which is why the current government is still in power and millions turn out on February 11th to celebrate the revolution that brought Wilayat al-Faqih to the country.

I know right...these people live outside like in US and Europe and have no clue what they are talking about...They forgot about the Iranian Revolution apparently.

3 hours ago, Shaykh Patience101 said:

Celebrating 11th February doesn't prove anything. even in North Korea people have to do many thing and It doesn't mean they agree with government. 

I know many people among my friends who pretend to be Iranian Revolution supporter only because they are afraid of losing their job. 

2 hours ago, Althaqalayn12 said:

I know right...these people live outside like in US and Europe and have no clue what they are talking about...They forgot about the Iranian Revolution apparently.

I have lived all of my life in iran and There is no reason to tell you people lie about what I am observing in Iran since it has no benefit for me.

1 hour ago, Golden-crowned said:

Celebrating 11th February doesn't prove anything. even in North Korea people have to do many thing and It doesn't mean they agree with government. 

I know many people among my friends who pretend to be Iranian Revolution supporter only because they are afraid of losing their job. 

People are not forced to come out for the revolutionary marches on yearly basis. Your comparison is invalid. No other country can bring about millions of people into the streets celebrating their regime/revolution on yearly basis.

The support of the people for the revolution is what keeps it going, despite what the westernized forces want to think.

12 hours ago, Golden-crowned said:

following a faghih is different with wilayat fagih, how much do you know about concept of wilayat faghih? 

How much do you understand it? The only form of authority in Islam is welayat. welayat of Allah, welayat of taguts. Through accepting the welayat of a fagih, a Shia is in effect accepting welayat of imam Mahdi and welaya of Allah. Imam Mahdi has said, those who are narrators of hadith are proof over the people as he is proof over them. This welayat holds true at personal level, with choosing a single Maria, and social level with welayat of Fagih. Its only now that ulema have been able to take social role in Shia society vs remaining at personal level.

You can see this transition throughout the history of Shia Islam and the work that the ulema have done to get people to understand and accept marjayat and welayat, with the milestone being the tobaco fatwa of ayatollah mirza shirazi in the late 1800s, where from najaf, Iraq, he issued a fatwa where majority of Shias living in Iran, including the Iranian king's wife carried out the order.

6 hours ago, Shiawarrior313 said:

How much do you understand it? The only form of authority in Islam is welayat. welayat of Allah, welayat of taguts. Through accepting the welayat of a fagih, a Shia is in effect accepting welayat of imam Mahdi and welaya of Allah. Imam Mahdi has said, those who are narrators of hadith are proof over the people as he is proof over them. This welayat holds true at personal level, with choosing a single Maria, and social level with welayat of Fagih. Its only now that ulema have been able to take social role in Shia society vs remaining at personal level.

You can see this transition throughout the history of Shia Islam and the work that the ulema have done to get people to understand and accept marjayat and welayat, with the milestone being the tobaco fatwa of ayatollah mirza shirazi in the late 1800s, where from najaf, Iraq, he issued a fatwa where majority of Shias living in Iran, including the Iranian king's wife carried out the order.

People need to know their own religion...ignorance leads to all of this...talking to them is the only way and if they refuse, there is no way to fix them...

11 hours ago, Shiawarrior313 said:

Through accepting the welayat of a fagih, a Shia is in effect accepting welayat of imam Mahdi and welaya of Allah. Imam Mahdi has said, those who are narrators of hadith are proof over the people as he is proof over them. 

8 hours ago, Althaqalayn12 said:

People need to know their own religion...ignorance leads to all of this...talking to them is the only way and if they refuse, there is no way to fix them...

The reference of the hadith mentioned....

Maqbulah of ‘Umar ibn Hanzalah:

“Imam as-Sadiq (‘a) says:

مَنْ كَانَ مِنْكُمْ قَدْ رَوىٰ حَدِيثُنَا وَ نَظَرَ في حَلاَلِنَا وَ حَرَامِنَا وَ عَرَفَ أَحْكَامَنَا فَلْيَرْضُوا بِهِ حَكَمًا فَإِنّي قَدْ جَعَلْتُهُ عَلَيْكُمْ حَاكِمًا فَإِذَا حَكَمَ بِحُكْمِنَا فَلَمْ يَقْبَلْهُ مِنْهُ فَإِنَّمَا إِسْتَخَفَّ بِحُكْمِ اللهِ وَ عَلَيْنَا رَدَّ وَ الرَّادُّ عَلَيْنَا كَالرَّادَّ عَلىٰ حَدِّ الشِّرْكِ بِاللهِ.

“If there is a person among you who narrates from us, is versed in the lawful and the unlawful, and is well acquainted with our laws and ordinances, accept him as judge and arbiter, for I have appointed him as a ruler over you. So, if he rules according to our law and you reject his ruling, you will belittle Allah’s law and oppose us, and to oppose us means to oppose Allah, and opposing Him is tantamount to associating partners with Him.” ”

[Usūl al-Kāfī, vol. 1, p. 67; Wasā’il ash-Shī‘ah, vol. 18, 98; Al-Tusi, Tahzib al- Ahkam , Kitab al-Qada, Volume 6, p. 218, Hadith 514; Shaykh al-Ansari, Kitab al-Qada wa al-Shahadat, p. 48]

Edited by Shaykh Patience101

13 hours ago, Shiawarrior313 said:

What a great collective endeavour of the Iranians during this time.
Why was Ayatollah Shirazi's fatwa repealed?

12 hours ago, Shaykh Patience101 said:

The reference of the hadith mentioned....

Maqbulah of ‘Umar ibn Hanzalah:

“Imam as-Sadiq (‘a) says:

مَنْ كَانَ مِنْكُمْ قَدْ رَوىٰ حَدِيثُنَا وَ نَظَرَ في حَلاَلِنَا وَ حَرَامِنَا وَ عَرَفَ أَحْكَامَنَا فَلْيَرْضُوا بِهِ حَكَمًا فَإِنّي قَدْ جَعَلْتُهُ عَلَيْكُمْ حَاكِمًا فَإِذَا حَكَمَ بِحُكْمِنَا فَلَمْ يَقْبَلْهُ مِنْهُ فَإِنَّمَا إِسْتَخَفَّ بِحُكْمِ اللهِ وَ عَلَيْنَا رَدَّ وَ الرَّادُّ عَلَيْنَا كَالرَّادَّ عَلىٰ حَدِّ الشِّرْكِ بِاللهِ.

“If there is a person among you who narrates from us, is versed in the lawful and the unlawful, and is well acquainted with our laws and ordinances, accept him as judge and arbiter, for I have appointed him as a ruler over you. So, if he rules according to our law and you reject his ruling, you will belittle Allah’s law and oppose us, and to oppose us means to oppose Allah, and opposing Him is tantamount to associating partners with Him.” ”

[Usūl al-Kāfī, vol. 1, p. 67; Wasā’il ash-Shī‘ah, vol. 18, 98; Al-Tusi, Tahzib al- Ahkam , Kitab al-Qada, Volume 6, p. 218, Hadith 514; Shaykh al-Ansari, Kitab al-Qada wa al-Shahadat, p. 48]

:cuddle: exactly.

On Tuesday, April 19, 2016 at 2:20 PM, Golden-crowned said:

I can see that u never been to iran and never met the ulama there or even the common religious people there , if u say that u did  then i would say that u have some problem

On 4/30/2016 at 9:29 PM, AliKadem said:

I can see that u never been to iran and never met the ulama there or even the common religious people there , if u say that u did  then i would say that u have some problem

It is your right to think as you want, wrong or right, I don't care.

So please just  don't waste my time with nonsense I don't have much time to prove you about where I lived all of my life . 

but you are right.

yes, as long as people like you exist in the world, I have problem!

Good Luck! 

Edited by Golden-crowned

2 hours ago, AliKadem said:

Please don't make baseless comments without backing of facts or evidence. Instead of bashing welayat of Fagih with pointless and emotional arguments, perhaps you and the rest of Iranians should be listening to him. This way you wouldn't be constantly looking towards the west and the taguts for guidance and instead would rely on Islam and Allah for means to solve the nations problems.

I think the question is a little too vague, or doesn't accurately represent what you are trying to find out. I support Iran being governed according to Islamic laws, but don't necessarily buy into the whole theoretical structure of 'wilayat al-faqih'. As such it is a little hard for me to answer your question. Additionally, it seems to me (albeit this is not a very informed view) that Iran is headed in the wrong direction, and probably has been for a while. Clearly at least some of the blame for this needs to be placed on the 'government' (whatever that even means).

The current issue with Iran, is that the population are stricken with the disease of westernization, where they see the west as advanced and civilized and themselves as incapable and backwards. Hence, they seek solutions to their problems from the west rather than from Islam. This is why the west can take advantage of their delusion, and put them through the process of negotiating their hard earned advancements in nuclear energy away while presenting them with mere promises. Waley Fagih allows for this so the people will see the error of their ways and realize that nothing beneficial can be gained from trusting the enemies of Allah. The delusional westernized elements, see WF and islam as an obstacle to the full integration to the west, hence they come up with any excuse to attack WF.

Inshallah they will awaken before they lose any more of their dignity and accomplishment.

On 4/2/2016 at 3:11 AM, repenter said:

Ehhh...Khamenei and Rafsanjani are probably biggest opponents since the revolution started. The president and his cabin is not exactly on the same wavelength with WF nor is the assembly in line with the president. The Majlis is also part of government, then you have the court which which is a part of government. 

I know you wanted to make it easy...but its not that easy.........

Btw, if you find someone saying they liked khomeini.....but dislike khamenei....they are either lying, really really confused, or pulling your leg. 

Imam Khomeini(rh) must be rolling in his graves at those who claim to love him, but dislike Ay Khamanei(ha).  I don't even think they are confused, from my research, it seems to be what they are spoon-fed by their communities. It happened even to my own family, who had this delusion before i corrected it.

May Allah guide the fitnah mongers among us.