Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Hate

Rate this topic

hasanhh

• Veteran Member

Assalamallikum,

I was watching Sunday night these right-wingers in Belgium going to the make-shift memorial to shout and scream, jump up & down, after the regular memorial service was cancelled at police request to free-up manpower for investigating the suicide bombings and testing a revised security procedure.

That's the prompt.

The Thought l generated is: Hate is a form of Entertainment. Hate gives you something to get excited about, get the epinephrine (adrenaline) going, gets you to show-off for yourself, feel-somehow 'superior', ...  (like the big mouths at that rally). In some ways, Hate is better than a rock-concert in doing this. This is why Hate is Popular.

Besides discussion, I hope some of you college students and professionals ask people you know --especially those in psychology and psychiatry-  what they think about this.

Criticism of this idea is welcomed.

Thanks all.

• Forum Administrators
4 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Hate is a form of Entertainment. Hate gives you something to get excited about, get the epinephrine (adrenaline) going, gets you to show-off for yourself, feel-somehow 'superior', ... 

Salam. I remember when thousands of people could comment on any Internet news story and everyone in the world could read them, if interested. Now some news websites select one or two twitter or facebook comments to use as a quote, to excite the readers and people cannot comment to agree or disagree. Outrage is becoming popular. Hate is fake entertainment. 

• Veteran Member
4 hours ago, hameedeh said:

Salam... Outrage is becoming popular. Hate is fake entertainment. 

A claim of outrage is popular now. Yet, I do not think Hate is "fake entertainment" because it feels real and feels "good" for the practitioner.

• Advanced Member

Hate is not bad. Hate is good. It is one of the many character traits granted by Allah S.W.T. to humanity. An upright person hates violence for it's sake, hates suffering of others, hates disobedience to God, hates ignorance, and so on and so forth. 

shaytan l.a. always works by manipulating reality or better said by manipulating our perception of the sunnan of Allah S.W.T. (reality) so then a person who is effected instead of using these nia'ma to benefit himself and others, begins to utilize these character traits hate fear anger,  to hate humans because of their skin, or because of their gender, race, religion, to hate, fear what they don't understand, and even become violent.  

If you where to ask these neo nazis or whatever they think they are, they would reason with you and give all the justifications why they hate others, and all these justifications and reasons always deal with how they perceive the world humanity and their place in it.  

We too share similarities with them. We do not hate other races at least not openly because of clear injunctions in Islam against that, so we don't manifest hate the way they do by dressing up and shaving our heads saluting hitler, but we manifest it according to our beliefs and culture, in this instance by spreading hate in our gatherings, hate for each other, hate for the rest of the world, we dress up too, grow a beard and become violent.  

That is because shaytan is an enemy to humanity not just to us muslims but to all people, including those neonazis in belgium, and us. 

Except for the Servants of God who are saved from such influence, and those are very few indeed. 

• Forum Administrators
7 hours ago, hasanhh said:

A claim of outrage is popular now. Yet, I do not think Hate is "fake entertainment" because it feels real and feels "good" for the practitioner.

Yes, I see what you mean, but the people who hate, go into a rage, and denigrate others perhaps unknowingly hurt themselves. The constant stress of living one's life in hatred does so much harm to the soul, the spirit, the psyche. 

• Advanced Member

@hasanhh 

as-Salaam Alaikum brother. 

Love and hate, are the processes with which one does tawali and tabarra. 

...."Indeed, we are disassociated from you and from whatever you worship other than Allah . We have denied you, and there has appeared between us and you animosity and hatred forever until you believe in Allah alone" .... Qur'an (60:5)

The Holy Prophet s.a.w.a. is alleged to have said

"The strongest faith is to be sincere for the sake of Allah, to hate for the sake of Allah (Tabarra), to love for the sake of Allah (Tawalla), and to discard for the sake of Allah."

Similarly one finds alleged quotes from Imam Jaffar as-Sadiq a.s. to the extent of "....is faith anything but love and hate?"

Shaykh at-Tusi r.h. classifies them (love and hate) as faculties available not just to humans but to animals as well. He distinguishes the human in intellect as the main driver of these two. Thus a person who doesn't use it as much, hates as you said in your post without much mental effort, and falls to the level of an animal and lower, but the enlightened man equally does not eliminate it, he/she merely directs it in it's proper place and context. Excellence in moral and character, piety and knowledge does not mean a lack of hate, but control over it. 

Edited by colargol

• Veteran Member

@colargol Actually, it is 60:4 and not 60:5  A revealed quotation of Ibrahim-as.

Maybe this will also clarify my proposition:

Watch a hate rally. People do not only stand there grimacing and groaning. However they verbally express themselves this requires 'verbal composition'. More than a personal reaction, like say, the taste of a food or the sting of a bee, a mental effort is required.

• Advanced Member

@hasanhh

Agreed. Dislike and so on are emotional responses hate is a more complex process involving reason or lack thereof. 

I am from the east of europe, and i have some idea of what a hate rally is. They don't surprise me or shock me, i expect nothing else in such societies. However "my beef" is mostly with us, muslims, and our "hate rallies", be them on tv, or religious gatherings, that differ with the europeans only in methodology.

Edited by colargol

• Advanced Member

I disagree with your interpretation. Hate is not an entertainment. What happened in Belgium and around the world is ugly. The government doesnt seem competent to stop it. Some people may choose to capitalize on people fear and anger.

• Advanced Member

Hate can also be a type of coping mechanism. Some factors that may give rise to this include, a lack of familiarity or ignorance and fear. People may subconsciously hate in order to cope with the anxiety associated with these factors.