Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
شيعة

Would I have to change my name if my name is...

Rate this topic

Hello,

I come from sunnism and I have been very attracted to shiism the last months and even started out learning how to pray as a Shia and trying to get a turbah(Trying because 100% of muslims here are Sunni) but I have a question which I'd like to be answered by the Shia Muslims, not as Sheikhs if not as ordinary Shia Muslims. My question is: My name is one of the three first caliphs(Don't ask, I won't say it) and I know Shiism doesn't like them at all, so do I have to choose another name in order to be with the Shia Muslim community?

Thank you for taking the time to answer.

PD: I like the Jafari School.

Edited by شيعة

If you feel that you must tell someone your real name, you can say, "My name is _____, but my friends call me Abdullah." People don't need to know your real name, unless you have to give them a receipt.

7 hours ago, شيعة said:

Hello,

I come from sunnism and I have been very attracted to shiism the last months and even started out learning how to pray as a Shia and trying to get a turbah(Trying because 100% of muslims here are Sunni) but I have a question which I'd like to be answered by the Shia Muslims, not as Sheikhs if not as ordinary Shia Muslims. My question is: My name is one of the three first caliphs(Don't ask, I won't say it) and I know Shiism doesn't like them at all, so do I have to choose another name in order to be with the Shia Muslim community?

Thank you for taking the time to answer.

PD: I like the Jafari School.

bismillah.gif.4758d1fe0b195ee1a5d84290a0

Brother, names do not make us Muslims, our actions and deeds, clean hearts  and the love of Ahlul Bayt proves our Muslimness/closeness  to Allah.

Salam

In your journey you may face struggles and must be patient. Some times people have bad akhlaq and you must ignore them. If you do encounter ignorance please do not let it detract you from the path that you are on. whatever community you enter, there are individuals who unfortunately lack understanding and awareness. Inshallah you are able to get in touch with a sheikh who can guide you and provide support on issues such as this and others, i am actually amazed at how responsive some are on social media. Of course we are always here as well. :clap: