Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Hidaren

Imam ALi(AS)'s name in Quran

Rate this topic

بسم الله الرحمن الرحیم

If Imam Ali(AS) is the true successor of the holly prophet Muhammad(SA), why his name hasn't mentioned in Quran?

This question is asked very much, but it is needed to say the idea behind this question was untrue from its very
basic, but Shia and Sunni scholars mentioned one verse that contains Imam Ali(AS)'s name.

The question is what is this verse?
Surah Maryam verse 50:
وَوَهَبْنَا لَهُم مِّن رَّحْمَتِنَا وَجَعَلْنَا لَهُمْ لِسَانَ صِدْقٍ عَلِیًّا
And We gave them of Our mercy, and we made for them a reputation of high honor.(عَلِیًّا(ALi) translated to High while it is a name)
Here is the story of this verse:
Prophet Abraham(AS) asked Allah for a لِسَانَ صِدْقٍ (a reputation of honor) which is mentioned in Surah Ash-shu'ara verse 84:
وَ اجْعَلْ لِی لِسانَ صِدْقٍ فِی الْآخِرِینَ
And grant me a reputation of honor among later generations.
And its aistajabat(response) mentioned in 50th verse of Surah Maryam.It's aistajabat is not only for Abraham(AS) but for Issac(AS)
and Jacob(as) and as it seems for all of the prophets. But there r plenty hadeeth for this field,14 in Shia sources and 1 in Sunni sources
and one or two in Zaydie sources can be seen. 

The firm Hadeeth by sheikh Sadoq in Kamal Al-din(in arabic):

حدثنی أبی و محمدُ بن الحسن (رضی الله عنهما) قالا: حدثنا سعدُ بن عبد الله، عن یعقوبَ بن یزید، عن محمدِ بن أبی عُمَیر، عن هِشام بن سالم، 
عن أبی بصیر، عن أبی عبد الله (علیه السلام)، قال: ... ثم غاب إبراهیم علیه السلام الغیبة الثانیة حین نفاه الطاغوت عن مصر فقال:
(وأعتزلکم وما تدعون من دون الله وأدعوا ربی عسى ألّا أکون بدعاء ربی شقیا)
فقال الله تقدس ذکره بعد ذلک - (فلما اعتزلهم وما یعبدون من دون الله وهبنا له إسحق ویعقوب وکلا جعلنا نبیا ووهبنا لهم من رحمتنا وجعلنا لهم لسان صدق علیا[مریم/49و50])
یعنی به علی ابن أبی طالب علیه السلام لأن إبراهیم علیه السلام کان قد دعا الله عز وجل أن یجعل له (لسان صدق فی الآخرین[الشعراء/84])
فجعل الله عز وجل له ولإسحاق ویعقوب (لسان صدق علیا) یعنی به علیا علیه السلام.

translation:After the second time that Abraham(AS) steped out of Egypt and became abscent. said: "And I will leave you and those you invoke other than Allah and will invoke my Lord.
I expect that I will not be in invocation to my Lord unhappy."(Maryam 48)
So after Abraham's dua, Allah said:"So when he had left them and those they worshipped other than Allah ,
We gave him Isaac and Jacob, and each [of them] We made a prophet."(Maryam 49)
And We gave them of Our mercy, and we made for them a reputation of high honor.(Ash-shu'ara 84)
[After "(and we made for them a reputation of high honor)وجعلنا لهم لسان صدق علیّاً" Imam Sadeq(AS) said:"It means to Ali(AS)]
And this sentence means that Allah meant Ali(AS) by using علیا, because Abraham(AS) asked Allah to put in his line a reputation of high(Ali) honor
so Allah put for him and Issac and Jacob a reputation of high(Ali) honor who is Ali(as).

ALi bin Abraham's firm Hadeeth in Tafsir Qomi:
Ali bin Abraham mentions a hadeeth from Imam Hassan Al-Askari(AS):"وَ جَعَلْنا لَهُمْ لِسانَ صِدْقٍ عَلِیًّا means Amir Al-mo'minin (AS)"

In sunni sources:
Hakem Haskani one of the sunnis famous interpreters mentions a hadeeth in his book "Shavahid al-tanzil leqava'id al-tafzil"(شواهد التنزیل لقواعد التفضیل)
the it somehow the description of Verse 84 of Ash-shu'ara surah:
Prophet(SA) said: On the night that they took me to Mi'raj, Gabriel was carrying me on his right wing, I was asked:"Whom you made your sucessor for the residents of earth?"
I answered:"The best of them Ali ibn Abi Talib my brother my friend my son in law and uncle's son.I was told:"O Muhammad(SA) Do u love him?"I said:"Yes o creator of all"
I was told:"Love him and order your umat(nation) to love him, certainly I am the Highest Ali(علی اعلی) and i gave him his name by derivating -one of-my names and named him Ali(AS),
So Gabriel descended and said:"Allah says salam to you and tells you:"Read". I said "What do i Read?" He said:"وَ وَهَبْنا لَهُمْ مِنْ رَحْمَتِنا، وَ جَعَلْنا لَهُمْ لِسانَ صِدْقٍ عَلِیًّا":And We gave them of Our mercy,
and we made for them a reputation of high honor who is Ali(AS).

There was many other Haidths in the original text but i think these would suffice for those who have eyes to see.

If there is any mistake in translation forgive me for my bad English.

source(it is a persian site):http://masaf.ir/View/Contents/22360/%DA%86%D8%B1%D8%A7-%D9%86%D8%A7%D9%85-%D8%B9%D9%84%DB%8C-(%D8%B9%D9%84%DB%8C%D9%87-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B3%D9%84%D8%A7%D9%85)-%D8%AF%D8%B1-%D9%82%D8%B1%D8%A2%D9%86-%D9%86%DB%8C%D8%A7%D9%85%D8%AF%D9%87-%D8%A7%D8%B3%D8%AA%D8%9F

4 hours ago, sunnilove2hussain said:

Interesting but not able to gather many details due to mistranslation. Maybe you could present it better for all of us to understand? JazakAllah.

Most of the parts were first translated from arabic to persian and then from persian to arabic and some parts r not understandable unlessyou know a bit arabic.