Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Three takbirs to end salah

Rate this topic

:bismillah:

Whenever ive seen shias pray, theyve always done three takbirs at the end of salah.. Why do shias do this and do shias beleive doing three takbirs to end salah is fard or sunnah?

oh and why dont shias turn there heads to the left and right like us (sunnehs) ?

:ws:

Edited by SoliderofAllah_
  • Advanced Member
33 minutes ago, SoliderofAllah_ said:

Whenever ive seen shias pray, theyve always done three takbirs at the end of salah.. Why do shias do this and do shias beleive doing three takbirs to end salah is fard or sunnah?

oh and why dont shias turn there heads to the left and right like us (sunnehs) ?

:ws:

The three takbirs at the end do not end the Salah. It is a mustahab action to do after the Salat is finished. One doesn't have to do it.

As far as turning the heads, we believe the way Sunnis do it negates the Qibla. 

• Advanced Member
44 minutes ago, laithAlIRAQI said:

while I'm doing the taslim, so basically just before the 3 takbirs.

You should abstain from doing that from now on OR read this: 

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/234979280-accurate-salaat-for-shia/?do=findComment&comment=2088117

Edited by The Batman
17 minutes ago, The Batman said:

I took a look, I guess I'll stop turning my head to the right and left.

Edited by laithAlIRAQI
  • Advanced Member
30 minutes ago, laithAlIRAQI said:

Also, if you wanna know if your Salat is correct, watch Sayyed Subah Shubbar's lectures.

Just search on YouTube: 

السيد صباح شبر كتاب الصلاة 

And watch from lecture #1, as they are numbered.

• Veteran Member

There is a slight turning of the head to end the prayer, although the turning is slight, not turning the face totally away from the qibla.

The one leading the prayer does taslim to his right.

In the congregation, taslim is done towards the right and the left, unless there is no one to the left.

The person praying alone glances towards his right with before his taslim.

(there is also the issue of one salam or two in certain situation, but as I've seen, that isn't emphasised by the maraji' - in English, perhaps they discuss it in other languages)

To see how to turn the face, forward the video to 5:35

It has also been discussed before on the forum, you can find narrations concerning it as well as views of scholars.

Also discussed in this article:

http://www.revivingalislam.com/2010/07/three-takbeers-to-end-your-salaah-bidah.html

Eighth: Taslim

It is wajib as per the most correct opinion. Without performing it, the musalli cannot finish the salat. It consists of two formulas: the first is: "al-Salam 'alayna wa 'ala 'ibadillah al-salihin", and the second is: "al-Salam 'alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh".

Reciting each of them is sufficient to finish the salat with. If a person recites one of them the other will be mustahabb.

The masnun acts of taslim are the following:

- one offering the salat singly has to recite one taslim towards the qiblah with gesturing by blinking the rear of his eyes to the right side. But the imam may gesture by his face, and so also does the ma'mum. If some other person be there on his left, he will be required to gesture with his face too.

al-Hilli, Shara'i al-Islam [eng], vol 1, p.92

Edited by Ali_Hussain
7 hours ago, laithAlIRAQI said:

I'm Shia and I turn my head right and left before I do the 3 takbirs, I thought it was mustahab? 

7 hours ago, The Batman said:

The three takbirs at the end do not end the Salah. It is a mustahab action to do after the Salat is finished. One doesn't have to do it.

As far as turning the heads, we believe the way Sunnis do it negates the Qibla. 

7 hours ago, The Batman said:

Do you turn your head while doing the taslim or after doing the taslim and your prayer is finished, you turn your head?

7 hours ago, laithAlIRAQI said:

while I'm doing the taslim, so basically just before the 3 takbirs.

6 hours ago, The Batman said:

6 hours ago, laithAlIRAQI said:

5 hours ago, The Batman said:

Also, if you wanna know if your Salat is correct, watch Sayyed Subah Shubbar's lectures.

Just search on YouTube: 

السيد صباح شبر كتاب الصلاة 

And watch from lecture #1, as they are numbered.

4 hours ago, Irfani313 said:

Dear brother  - Salat ends at reading the 3rd Tasleem.

Until the final Tesleem is uttered, the face has to stay in the direction of Qibla, bowed down towards the lap in the perfect state of Juloos (sitting).

If face is turned right or left before or during the Tasleem, the salat is broken and has to be repeated.

Tasleem is the last Salam in the salat.

The three Takbeer after the Tasleem is mustahib and is not the wajib part of the salat. Some Shias turn their heads left and right while doing their three takbeer. Majority Shia do not turn their face left and right while saying three takbeer. Both are correct as long as face is turned after completing the Tasleem.

http://www.al-islam.org/organizations/AalimNetwork/msg00413.html
Here is a hadith about the takbir 3 times and it also has an indication that
the Prophet (s) said the salam after the prayer.

[chain] ... by the way of Mufadhdhal bin Omar, who said: "I asked Abi
Abdullah [Jaafar al-Sadiq] (as): For what reason does the one who prays say
takbir, rasing his hands three times, after the salam?  He said: Because the
Prophet (s) when he opened Mecca [conquest of Mecca], he prayed with his
companions the noon prayer at the Black Stone
[Hajarul Aswad]. When he said the Salam he raised his hands and did takbir
three times; and said: La ilaha illa Allah wahdahu wahdah, anjaza wa'dah, wa
nasara 'abdah, wa a'azza jundah, wa ghalaba al-ahzaba wahdah. Fa lahul mulk
wa lahul hamd, yuhyi wa yumeet wa huwa 'ala kulli shay-in qadeer.  Then he
went towards his companions and said: Don't abandon this takbir and this
saying after each written prayer, because whoever does this after the Salam
and says this saying has delivered what is required of him from the thanks
to Almighty Allah for strengthening Islam and its army."

3 hours ago, Ali_Hussain said:

There is a slight turning of the head to end the prayer, although the turning is slight, not turning the face totally away from the qibla.

In the congregation, taslim is done towards the right and the left, unless there is no one to the left.

(there is also the issue of one salam or two in certain situation, but as I've seen, that isn't emphasised by the maraji' - in English, perhaps they discuss it in other languages)

It has also been discussed before on the forum, you can find narrations concerning it as well as views of scholars.

http://www.revivingalislam.com/2010/07/three-takbeers-to-end-your-salaah-bidah.html

It is wajib as per the most correct opinion. Without performing it, the musalli cannot finish the salat. It consists of two formulas: the first is: "al-Salam 'alayna wa 'ala 'ibadillah al-salihin", and the second is: "al-Salam 'alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh".

Reciting each of them is sufficient to finish the salat with. If a person recites one of them the other will be mustahabb.

- one offering the salat singly has to recite one taslim towards the qiblah with gesturing by blinking the rear of his eyes to the right side. But the imam may gesture by his face, and so also does the ma'mum. If some other person be there on his left, he will be required to gesture with his face too.

al-Hilli, Shara'i al-Islam [eng], vol 1, p.92

:salam:

Jazklh

• 3 years later...
On 3/25/2016 at 5:39 AM, Ali_Hussain said:

- one offering the salat singly has to recite one taslim towards the qiblah with gesturing by blinking the rear of his eyes to the right side. But the Imam may gesture by his face, and so also does the ma'mum. If some other person be there on his left, he will be required to gesture with his face too.

al-Hilli, Shara'I al-Islam [eng], vol 1, p.92

Alhamdulillah, what a relief I am doing this properly.

Fist pump.