Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Reader.

Al Mahdi "Or" Imam Mahdi

Rate this topic

Assalaamu alaikum, 

Iam opening this topic to thank ShiaChat, because iam visiting this site since 5 yrs, and before that I was unaware of Shias & their aqa'id, and Alhamdulillah I learned many things here, and from "other" sites too  ! What maked me landed here was "who is Imam Mahdi" according to Shias, but I camed to know /learn many things other than this subject too.  And before joining I used to study from Sunni books and sources, so after so many years of study & research from different sources, I have camed to know that : there is nothing like Imam Mahdi and its myth and fabrications made upon a person politically step by step, and I hardly believe there will come any Imam Mahdi "or" al Mahdi in future. My intention is not to heart anyone's faith or sentiments,  its an thanking topic rather. 

9 minutes ago, Reader. said:

i have camed to know that : there is nothing like imam mahdi and its myth and fabrications made upon a person politically step by step, and i hardly believe there will come any imam mahdi "or" al mahdi in future.

Hard to understand what you're saying due to your English.

Are you saying that you don't believe in the reappearance of the Shia 12th Imam (A.S.)? 

or are you saying that you don't believe in the appearance of any Mahdi (Sunni version)?

7 minutes ago, Akbar673 said:

or are you saying that you don't believe in the appearance of any Mahdi (Sunni version)?

I'm pretty sure it's that one. He quoted me a few days ago saying that he can't wait for Prophet Isa على نبينا واله وعليه السلام to reappear.

On 3/23/2016 at 3:18 PM, Reader. said:

Assalaamu alaikum, 

Iam opening this topic to thank ShiaChat, because iam visiting this site since 5 yrs, and before that I was unaware of Shias & their aqa'id, and Alhamdulillah I learned many things here, and from "other" sites too  ! What maked me landed here was "who is Imam Mahdi" according to Shias, but I camed to know /learn many things other than this subject too.  And before joining I used to study from Sunni books and sources, so after so many years of study & research from different sources, I have camed to know that : there is nothing like Imam Mahdi and its myth and fabrications made upon a person politically step by step, and I hardly believe there will come any Imam Mahdi "or" al Mahdi in future. My intention is not to heart anyone's faith or sentiments,  its an thanking topic rather. 

Its your opinion dude believe what you want , When Imam Mahdi returns we will all give you news of his return whilst we are all busy liberating Palestine so you can join us inshallah

On 3/23/2016 at 3:26 PM, Akbar673 said:

Are you saying that you don't believe in the reappearance of the Shia 12th Imam ? 

or are you saying that you don't believe in the appearance of  Mahdi (Sunni version)?

Both 

6 minutes ago, sharinganMahdi said:

Its your opinion dude believe what you want , When imam Mahdi returns we will all give you news of his return whilst we are all busy liberating Palestine so you can join us inshallah

InshaAllah that day will not come of anyone's coming, and as for palestine why shias will liberate it, your al aqsa is in "sky" not in palestine & majority of people there are sunnis ! 

6 minutes ago, Reader. said:

InshaAllah that day will not come of anyone's coming, and as for palestine why shias will liberate it, your al aqsa is in "sky" not in palestine & majority of people there are sunnis ! 

Palestine has nothing to do with it being shia or sunni it is an oppressed nation and a duty of every ' muslim ' is too help the oppressed , whether they are muslims or not and that was indeed the mission of rasoolallah (saws) and it will indeed be the mission of his grandson whether we accept it or not inshallah

20 minutes ago, Reader. said:

Both 

Allah will bring out from concealment al-Mahdi from my family and just before the day of Judgment; even if only one day were to remain in the life of the world, and he will spread on this earth justice and equity and will eradicate tyranny and oppression.

Do you think hadith like this or similar are all fabricated ?

Edited by HumanForLife

5 minutes ago, sharinganMahdi said:

Palestine has nothing to do with it being shia or sunni it is an oppressed nation and a duty of every ' muslim ' is too help the oppressed , whether they are muslims or not and that was indeed the mission of rasoolallah (saws) and it will indeed be the mission of his grandson whether we accept it or not inshallah

Though many Syrian too became homeless, orphans, widow, poor and many have been killed just for two political "rivals", especially by assad al group ! Why only Palestine on agenda because there's aqsa and someone will conquer it on land, why not in sky ! 

8 minutes ago, HumanForLife said:

what do you say about hadith like this :

Allah will bring out from concealment al-Mahdi from my family and just before the day of Judgment; even if only one day were to remain in the life of the world, and he will spread on this earth justice and equity and will eradicate tyranny and oppression.

(do you think they are fabricated) 

Yes "weak", and so are many ahadith on this subject ! 

3 minutes ago, Reader. said:

Though many Syrian too became homeless, orphans, widow, poor and many have been killed just for two political "rivals", especially by assad al group ! Why only Palestine on agenda because there's aqsa and someone will conquer it on land, why not in sky ! 

The masterminds behind Syria is in fact the Zionist regime and their Saudi Arabian allies , who are the funders and manufacturers of terrorists across the entire globe , the extremist salfi ideology is the cause of all problems in Syria and nothing else , assad was voted legally by the Syrian people but the Zionists couldn't stand that  because of Syrias relationship with Iran and Russia and other reasons , now look the so called ' free Syrian army ' is in fact daesh/isis/isil what ever you want to call them in Iraq and the foundations of isis were planted in Syria under the disguise of the free Syrian army , these so called muslims have reeked havoc on the world and are the cause of all animosity towards islam today may Allahs curse be upon them and their supporters

12 minutes ago, Reader. said:

And also imam Mahdi (ajf) will liberate Syria before Palestine that's why I didn't mention it , but the purpose of Mahdi is to liberate all oppression against humanity , against animals , and against plants and the rest of creation he is Gods final proof on earth and Isa (as) is returning just to confirm that

On 3/23/2016 at 4:19 PM, sharinganMahdi said:

The masterminds behind Syria is in fact the Zionist regime and their Saudi Arabian allies , who are the funders and manufacturers of terrorists across the entire globe , the extremist salfi ideology is the cause of all problems in Syria and nothing else , assad was voted legally by the Syrian people but the Zionists couldn't stand that  because of Syrias relationship with Iran and Russia and other reasons , now look the so called ' free Syrian army ' is in fact daesh/isis/isil what ever you want to call them in Iraq and the foundations of isis were planted in Syria under the disguise of the free Syrian army , these so called Muslims have reeked havoc on the world and are the cause of all animosity towards Islam today may Allahs curse be upon them and their supporters

Sry irrelevant /off topic reply!

3 minutes ago, sharinganMahdi said:

And also imam Mahdi (ajf) will liberate Syria before Palestine that's why I didn't mention it , but the purpose of Mahdi is to liberate all oppression against humanity , against animals , and against plants and the rest of creation he is Gods final proof on earth and Isa (as) is returning just to confirm that

Congratulations to you in advance, "your belief"! I will pray for oppressed Ummah of Prophet s.a.w, not for any baseless character. 

6 minutes ago, Akbar673 said:

You're a Sunni, right?

Isn't the coming of the Mahdi a Sunni belief as well?

So what you're saying is you have a problem with a core Islamic belief ?

Yes, majority of ahadith about mahdi are "weak" 

What's your proof that Al-Mahdi doesn't exist, or better yet what makes you think he's some kind of political scheme created for.... what purpose exactly? Historically he did exist, I've never met somebody who has denied that. 

The Prophet (S) said: "al-Mahdi is one of us, the members of the household (Ahlul-Bayt)."

Sunni reference: Sunan Ibn Majah, v2, Tradition #4085

It is evident from the above traditions that Imam al-Mahdi (as) is from the Ahlul-Bayt of Prophet Muhammad, so he can not be Jesus (the Messiah; al-Maseeh). Thus, al-Mahdi and Messiah are two different personalities but they come at the same time, al-Mahdi as Imam and Jesus as his follower. The following tradition clearly mentions that Imam al-Mahdi is one of descendants of the daughter of Prophet Muhammad (S):

The Prophet (S) said: The Mahdi will be of my family, of the descendants of Fatimah (the Prophet’s daughter)

• al-Sawa’iq al-Muhriqah, by Ibn Hajar al-Haythami, Ch. 11, section 1, p249

The Prophet (S) said: "We the children of Abd al-Muttalib are the Masters of the inhabitants of the heaven: Myself, Hamza (ra), ‘Ali (as), Ja’far Ibn Abi Talib (ra), al-Hasan (as), al-Husayn (as), and al-Mahdi (as)."

These are sunni hadith. So in regards to denying his existence I kind want to see what led you to that conclusion.

11 hours ago, OneOfTheSyyeds said:

What's your proof that Al-Mahdi doesn't exist, or better yet what makes you think he's some kind of political scheme created for.... what purpose exactly? Historically he did exist, I've never met somebody who has denied that. 

The Prophet (S) said: "al-Mahdi is one of us, the members of the household (Ahlul-Bayt)."

Sunni reference: Sunan Ibn Majah, v2, Tradition #4085

It is evident from the above traditions that Imam al-Mahdi (as) is from the Ahlul-Bayt of Prophet Muhammad, so he can not be Jesus (the Messiah; al-Maseeh). Thus, al-Mahdi and Messiah are two different personalities but they come at the same time, al-Mahdi as Imam and Jesus as his follower. The following tradition clearly mentions that Imam al-Mahdi is one of descendants of the daughter of Prophet Muhammad (S):

The Prophet (S) said: The Mahdi will be of my family, of the descendants of Fatimah (the Prophet’s daughter)

The Prophet (S) said: "We the children of Abd al-Muttalib are the Masters of the inhabitants of the heaven: Myself, Hamza (ra), ‘Ali (as), Ja’far Ibn Abi Talib (ra), al-Hasan (as), al-Husayn (as), and al-Mahdi (as)."

These are sunni hadith. So in regards to denying his existence I kind want to see what led you to that conclusion.

First Move these sunni (nasibi) ahadith aside as per your belief, for your qumsi agenda ! And don't be silly there's not any proof or evidence of so called mahdi historically nor he left "behind" any sign before going in cave or wherever he hid himself "according" to his four deputies ! And even sunni sources for mahdi are "weak". He never existed nor there will be any mahdi in future InshaAllah. 

5 hours ago, Reader. said:

First Move these sunni (nasibi) ahadith aside as per your belief, for your qumsi agenda ! And don't be silly there's not any proof or evidence of so called mahdi historically nor he left "behind" any sign before going in cave or wherever he hid himself "according" to his four deputies ! And even sunni sources for mahdi are "weak". He never existed nor there will be any mahdi in future InshaAllah. 

:hahaha: 

• Sahih al-Tirmidhi, v2, p86, v9, pp 74-75

• Sunan Abu Dawud, v2, p7

• Musnad Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, v1, pp 84,376; V3, p63

• al-Mustadrak ala al-Sahihayn, by al-Hakim, v4, p557

• Jami’ al-Saghir, by al-Suyuti, pp 2,160

• al-Urful Wardi, by al-Suyuti, p2

• al-Majma’, by al-Tabarani, p217

• Tahdhib al-Tahdhib, by Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani, v9, p144

• Fat’h al-Bari fi Sharh Sahih al-Bukhari, by Ibn Hajar Asqalani, v7, p305

• al-Tathkirah, by al-Qurtubi, p617

• al-Hawi, by al-Suyuti, v2, pp 165-166

• Sharh al-Mawahib al-Ladunniyyah, by al-Zurqani, v5, p348

• Fat’h al-Mugheeth, by al-Sakhawi, v3, p41

• Kanz al-Ummal, v7 P186

• Iqd al-Durar Fi Akhbar al-Mahdi al-Muntadhar, v12, Ch. 1,

• al-Bayan fi Akhbar Sahib al-Zaman, By Ganji al-Shafi’i, Ch. 12

• al-Fusool al-Muhimmah, by Ibn Sabbagh al-Maliki, Ch. 12

• Arjahul Matalib, by Ubaidallah Hindi al-Hanafi, p380

• Muqaddimah, by Ibn Khaldoon, p266

• and also in the works of Ibn Habban, Abu Nua’ym, Ibn Asakir, etc.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh okay so you're calling every one of these Sunni Sources non-authentic. Please stop trolling and wasting everybody's time. If you won't see reason then you're just an imbecile, If you deny even your own hadiths as a Sunni you're a fool. The fault is mine for giving you more attention then you deserved. You haven't given one reason as to why the SUNNI Hadith are weak, Mahdi doesn't exist or evidence of ANY kind.

Goodbye troll.

@oneofthesayyad, first read my post properly, then decide who is fool, the list of all "sunni ahadith books" you pasted above are not from "two sahih ahadith books" ! I have told you : mahdi is not in sahih'yain, check my previous post. Also shia books are not hujjah upon me, so 12th hidden imam is of no use for me nor iam interested in such a myth ! And don't troll by taking support of sunni ahadith for your invalid 'non-existent' saviour, as they are told "weak". 

Good bye. 

Thanks sc ! 

are you okay? on a serious note? I get the feeling you are extremely depressed and it is in these situations that young sunni muslims end up blowing themselves up , take a break from the internet and social media for one day so that you can clear your head , because constantly arguing on certain issues even if you are right is not good for your health and can be very damaging, may Allah swt help you

7 hours ago, Reader. said:

@oneofthesayyad, first read my post properly, then decide who is fool, the list of all "sunni ahadith books" you pasted above are not from "two sahih ahadith books" ! I have told you : mahdi is not in sahih'yain, check my previous post. Also shia books are not hujjah upon me, so 12th hidden imam is of no use for me nor iam interested in such a myth ! And don't troll by taking support of sunni ahadith for your invalid 'non-existent' saviour, as they are told "weak". 

Good bye. 

Thanks sc ! 

Sahih Muslim has the Imam ...

and SC had a thread about the "hadith". The one thing l remember best about that thread is the origin of the late idea that the Imam's name will be "Mohammad" but that this derives from a popular feeling about the Prohet's-saws great-grandson.

Also, even during Aiesha's time, what the Imam will be like has been entirely speculation and conjecture.

On 3/23/2016 at 3:18 PM, Reader. said:

Assalaamu alaikum, 

Alhamdolellah there are many evidences to prove the issue of Imam Mahdi as a real matter (as the savior), even related issues who the Prophet stated...

E.g., you can read the following related site (question-answer) as a helpful one (Of course if you are familiar to Arabic/Farsi/French/Spanish/Turkish):