Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
sidnaq

1500 year old bible shows jesus not crucified

Rate this topic

Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim.  As salaamu alaykum.

For example Muhammed is mentioned by name which sets the earliest possible date of origin to the 7th century. Also there are teachings that contradicts the Quran. For Instance that Jesus allows alcohol and that uncircumcised humans will not enter heaven. --andres 

Prophet Muhammad PBUH, is mentioned by a Prophet of God, Prophet Isa (Jesus, PBUH). Al Qur'an mentions intoxicants/alcohol and gambling as having some benefit, but both having greater sin. Regarding Jesus in Barnabas' gospel '... and thou shalt keep him from wine and from strong drink and from every unclean meat, because the child is an holy one of God.' Mary bowed herself with humility, saying: 'Behold the handmaid of God, be it done according to thy word.'  Adam PBUH, first circumcised himself. There is mention in the Gospel of Barnabas, that the uncircumcised will not enter Paradise. I do not remember mention of circumcision in Al Qur'an. Can you provide the verse?

Hi Faithfully

I am not interested in discussing a Gospel written at least 600 years after Jesus by God knows who. I was only suggesting you read what Wikipedia has to say about it. Do as you like.

20 hours ago, Faithfully999 said:

I've watched some awful videos re: 'Twerking Dance In Church' which to my mind is a lot worse than what people outside of the church are doing. And the pastors quote scripture all the while. Shocking!

Some twerk, some dance with snakes, some believe God hates everything, some cut themselves, some twirl. If you spend a day on you tube you can see many of the quirks of various religions. No use seeking the extremes as reasons to reject the mainstream. 

On 4/11/2016 at 5:48 PM, andres said:

Hi Faithfully

I am not interested in discussing a Gospel written at least 600 years after Jesus by God knows who. I was only suggesting you read what Wikipedia has to say about it. Do as you like.

Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim.   As salaamu alaykum.  I read Wikipedia when it was posted here a couple of year ago. Not too interesting. Perhaps, if you had posted the link I would have glanced at it. My personal belief is that Barnabas' gospel has been tampered with. That is to say, comparing it with Al Qur'an.  Wassalaam.   Faithfully999

Some twerk, some dance with snakes, some believe God hates everything, some cut themselves, some twirl. If you spend a day on you tube you can see many of the quirks of various religions. No use seeking the extremes as reasons to reject the mainstream. -- Son of Placid

So you don't feel that type extreme will encroach upon the Christianity that you prefer. The extremism is an undoing of religion. It's happening in many religious formats.  There is a plan afoot to form a one world religion, by destroying all other religions.  The one world religion, will be Satanic in design, mercilessly contrived, grossly evil.

Wassalaam.  Faithfully999 

4 hours ago, Faithfully999 said:

So you don't feel that type extreme will encroach upon the Christianity that you prefer. The extremism is an undoing of religion. It's happening in many religious formats.  There is a plan afoot to form a one world religion, by destroying all other religions.  The one world religion, will be Satanic in design, mercilessly contrived, grossly evil.

Wassalaam.  Faithfully999 

•  

I have never met anyone in any church who has seen a you tube of "dances with snakes", or "Let's twirl" and suggested we try it. They are only a danger to themselves. The extremisms to watch out for are those fuelled by anger and revenge.

The NWO, as it's been touted will come anyway. People are now starting to see the corruption in their leaders, and rejecting them world wide.

When they finally pop the bubble around the American dollar these changes will speed up. Don't fear the inevitable change, prepare for it.

10 hours ago, Faithfully999 said:

Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim.   As salaamu alaykum.  I read Wikipedia when it was posted here a couple of year ago. Not too interesting. Perhaps, if you had posted the link I would have glanced at it. My personal belief is that Barnabas' gospel has been tampered with. That is to say, comparing it with Al Qur'an.  Wassalaam.   Faithfully999

With your interest for the Gospel of Barnabas, I would have been very interested in reading all arguments. Both for and against. But again, of course you do as you like. 

13 hours ago, Son of Placid said:

The NWO, as it's been touted will come anyway. People are now starting to see the corruption in their leaders, and rejecting them world wide.

When they finally pop the bubble around the American dollar these changes will speed up. Don't fear the inevitable change, prepare for it.

They've seen corruption in leadership worldwide, but seem helpless to resolve the problem. However, I cannot imagine anyone preparing for the confusion that is to come.  These agents of the NWO, are masters of disorder, disarray, disorganization, etcetera.

12 hours ago, andres said:

With your interest for the Gospel of Barnabas, I would have been very interested in reading all arguments. Both for and against. But again, of course you do as you like. 

Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim.  As salaamu alaykum. The argument I've made is that the Gospel of Barnabas has been tampered with. Remove these alterations and it will read as any other gospel. For instance some writers claim that Judas Iscariot wasn't the bad guy he was made out to be. 

15 minutes ago, Faithfully999 said:

Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim.  As salaamu alaykum. The argument I've made is that the Gospel of Barnabas has been tampered with. Remove these alterations and it will read as any other gospel. For instance some writers claim that Judas Iscariot wasn't the bad guy he was made out to be. 

How many writers?Please name them.

Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim.  As salaamu alaykum.  I do not know who authored the Gospel of Judas, but here are some links that may interest you:

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/lostgospel/index.html  The Lost Gospel of Judas

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/lostgospel/_pdf/GospelofJudas.pdf  The Gospel of Judas

http://www.tertullian.org/rpearse/manuscripts/gospel_of_judas/  The Coptic Ps.Gospel of Judas (Iscariot)

James Morgan Pryse, the author of 'The Restored New Testament' mentions Judas Iscariot as the highest disciple of Prophet Isa (Jesus, PBUH). 

28 minutes ago, Faithfully999 said:

Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim.  As salaamu alaykum.  I do not know who authored the Gospel of Judas, but here are some links that may interest you:

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/lostgospel/index.html  The Lost Gospel of Judas

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/lostgospel/_pdf/GospelofJudas.pdf  The Gospel of Judas

http://www.tertullian.org/rpearse/manuscripts/gospel_of_judas/  The Coptic Ps.Gospel of Judas (Iscariot)

James Morgan Pryse, the author of 'The Restored New Testament' mentions Judas Iscariot as the highest disciple of Prophet Isa (Jesus, PBUH). 

I read this Gospel only a few years ago. It is not long, so if you did not read it yet, it will take less than an hour to do so. It is a Gnostic Gospel written in the second century by an unknuwn writer. 

But...you said "some writers". So there must be other Gospels, or was this a mistake? 

Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim.  As salaam alaykum.  Well I read the pdf copy linked in my post above. Seems I've read it some long time ago. It still isn't clear to me. It didn't seem to have much substance until near the very end of the discourse. And, so many missing lines! That is not my idea of a book, let alone Scripture.  You mentioned 'other gospels' - this gospel has at least three translations (in English?), are they all alike?  But seriously, when it comes to Judas Iscariot, I trust James Morgan Pryse, whom has more experience in esoteric work. His "The Restored New Testament" mentions Ioudas (Judas), about 130 times, most of them for Judas Iscariot. Here are a few:  Page 59: In the process of converting the allegory into pseudo-historical narrative, Ioudas was made out to be a traitor;  Page 60 relates; '...and Ioudas, [as] udana: and Ioudas, [rules] the Solar centre.  Page 61: and as Aries is the place of the Sun's highest exaltation it is therefore the '"house" of Ioudas, who represents the solar lifewind that "throbs in the heart of the Sun" and "goes upward to immortality."  See also, commentary pages 64 & 66.  See pages 123, 124, 125 and commentary. 

I read this Gospel only a few years ago. It is not long, so if you did not read it yet, it will take less than an hour to do so. It is a Gnostic Gospel written in the second century by an unknuwn writer. 

But...you said "some writers". So there must be other Gospels, or was this a mistake? - andres

I thought you by "some authors mean Judas was not a bad guy" meant that there were some old Gospels that claimed this. I now understand that you meant that the different translators of Judas Gospel meant so. I am pretty sure you are wrong about this.

I had never heard of Morgan Pryse. He seems to have been a theosof, dead long ago. 

Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim.   As salaamu alaykum.  

I have never met anyone in any church who has seen a you tube of "dances with snakes", or "Let's twirl" and suggested we try it. They are only a danger to themselves. The extremisms to watch out for are those fuelled by anger and revenge.

When they finally pop the bubble around the American dollar these changes will speed up. Don't fear the inevitable change, prepare for it.-- Son Of Placid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLzFBDLpl9c NWO: Communism by the Backdoor - Part 17

Edited by Faithfully999

On 20/03/2016 at 7:11 PM, Abrar Ahmed said:

Who is the authority in the Christians to determine the authority & correctness of the book/text?

The Catholic Church. The Canon of Scripture was closed in 397AD when the Catholic Church gave us the Bible. There were hundreds of books and letters purporting to be inspired but the Church chose 46 of the OT and 27 of the NT.

Nothing more can be added or removed.

25 minutes ago, shreek said:

The Catholic Church. The Canon of Scripture was closed in 397AD when the Catholic Church gave us the Bible. There were hundreds of books and letters purporting to be inspired but the Church chose 46 of the OT and 27 of the NT.

Nothing more can be added or removed.

As for the NT the church chose the oldest Gospels. Of course, why chose those written long after the events they try to describe. 

I suppose that each peace of paper, wood, palm leaf or whatever the Quran was compiled from, also were thoroghly investigated before accepted.