Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

Fish

• Advanced Member

Salam

So I asked these questions on another forum, a Sunni one, and get no answer after 50 days... Shame :/

So I am going to re-write said questions and hope my wait won't last as long.

1. Am I allowed to leave Islam and return to it?

2. I am having constant doubts; almost becoming agnostic; but I simply brush them off when they come up. Am I still a Muslim or have I committed "shirk"?

3. Do other sections of Islam, if they sincerely believe they are correct, enter heaven; or only us?

4. If other sections of Islam do enter heaven, given their circumstances; does that apply to other religions?

5. Do people enter heaven based on: morals or belief. In other words, could an athiest enter heaven?

6. Does the Qur'an apply prior to its reveal or is its miracle limited to only after?

7. Why does God punish me, (kufar), for thousands of years, if I've only lived for 60-100 years?

8. In the Qur'an it says "أنما أنت منذر و لكل قوم هاد"

"You are a warner, and for every tribe there is a guider" So where is our guidance?

9. Will the Dajjal enter heaven or hell?

10. Can I accept the Big Bang theory and the Evolution?

These are pre-questions, harder ones will follow :)

P.S Don't give me essays for an answer, try to keep it maximum paragraph. 

Wassallam

Edited by Fish

• Advanced Member
4 hours ago, Fish said:

Yes (4:137) In the Quran, it states disbelieve and believe over and over, i being a part of this will say the more you leave and come back over and over means a) your missing knowledge b) Like I was, your just lazy with prayer and are denying truth

4 hours ago, Fish said:

2. I am having constant doubts; almost becoming agnostic; but I simply brush them off when they come up. Am I still a Muslim or have I committed "shirk"?

No you are still Muslim, doubts always arise and its a good way to go back and affirm your roots of belief.

4 hours ago, Fish said:

3. Do other sections of Islam, if they sincerely believe they are correct, enter heaven; or only us?

Muslims, Christians, Jews, Non-Muslims, Everyone is judged individually and accordingly, some people have heard of islam some have not, those who have are judged to how much exposure they have had and their willingness to learn and accept. Again individual basis.

4 hours ago, Fish said:

4. If other sections of Islam do enter heaven, given their circumstances; does that apply to other religions?

Refer to 3

4 hours ago, Fish said:

5. Do people enter heaven based on: morals or belief. In other words, could an atheist enter heaven?

IF they have not denied Islam after realising its true, then most likely no. Morals and beliefs go hand in hand, Islam on its own dosent guarantee anything, it also makes you more accountable for not being an example.

4 hours ago, Fish said:

6. Does the Qur'an apply prior to its reveal or is its miracle limited to only after?

Prior, it withholds for example an inheritance system unmatched by any at the time, as science progresses more and more miracles and facts are discovered in the Quran.

4 hours ago, Fish said:

7. Why does God punish me, (kufar), for thousands of years, if I've only lived for 60-100 years?

Forgiveness is so easy to ask for, Allah isnt asking for anything hard from you just ask for forgiveness sincerely and dont repent a sin and its gone, clean slate. Obviously committing and asking for forgiveness dosent work over and over you must intend to stop. Its very easy to prevent yourself from going Hell. Really is if you look at it.

4 hours ago, Fish said:

8. In the Qur'an it says "أنما أنت منذر و لكل قوم هاد"

"You are a warner, and for every tribe there is a guider" So where is our guidance?

The Quran? The Millions of islamic videos going on youtube everyday? The speakers everywhere? The debates all the time? People preaching in public? Islam is actually all around us, many people now learn from it through listening about ISIS. This has caused many westerners to research this 'barbarian' religion only to find its truth, I myself have been told 'you people are not like us' purely for Islam.

4 hours ago, Fish said:

9. Will the Dajjal enter heaven or hell?

Not sure, I assume no? Wait for different response on this one.

4 hours ago, Fish said:

10. Can I accept the Big Bang theory and the Evolution?

Yes and Yes. Big Bang is hinted in at the Quran. The world started from somewhere we just say Allah caused the Big bang, you need a cause.

Evolution yes also, Islam does not deny it and believes it to go hand in hand with Islam.

These are very brief answers, many knowledgeable brothers and sisters can give you detailed informative answers here

Edited by HayderM

• Basic Members
5 hours ago, Fish said:

Having accepted that from the Islamic point of view, faith in God is ingrained in human nature, and that it is only the parents and the society that corrupts the soul and diverts it from the Right Path, the question comes: Can Islam be imposed forcefully on non-Muslims? Or we may even ask: Is the minor jihãd a means of imposing the faith of Islam on non-Muslims?

I do not intend to get into the issue of the minor jihãd; but, briefly stated, the majority of Sh`iah jurists (mujtahidin) do not believe in initiating a jihãd without the clear permission of an infallible (ma`sum) Imam. Even those who allow the initiation of jihãd, do not believe that jihãd can be used to impose Islam on non-Muslims. At the most, they say that jihãd can be initiated to remove tyranny and oppression from a non-Muslim society in order to eliminate the factors that prevent the Divine message from reaching to the masses. Jihãd cannot be used for imposing Islam on others; it is just for putting an end to the aggression on Muslims or for helping the oppressed non-Muslims. (The history of Muslims bears out this idea; an unbiased historian can clearly separate the spread of the Muslim rule over areas outside Arabia by military might and the spread of Islam without force in those same regions.)[1]

The Qur\'ãn clearly says that, "There is no compulsion in the religion." (2:256)

لا اکراه فی الدین

What this verse actually means is that: "There is no compulsion in (accepting) the religion (of Islam)." Why? The verse continues, "Surely the Right Path is clearly distinct from the crooked path."So Muslims can always show the difference between the right and the wrong paths, but not force the non-Muslims to accept Islam.

The Prophet of Islam has also been mentioned as a reminder, not as a person who forces Islam upon others. "Therefore, you remind (them), for you are only a reminder; you are not a watcher over them." (88:21-22)

فَذَكِّرْ إِنَّمَا أَنتَ مُذَكِّر ٌ لَّسْتَ عَلَيْهِم بِمُصَيْطِر ٍ(سوره غاشیه)    

In many other verses, the Prophet is described as "a bearer of good news and a warner of God\'s punishment." (2:119)

إِنَّا أَرْسَلْنَاكَ بِالْحَقِّ بَشِيرًا وَنَذِيرًا

His role was just to remind the people about their natural instinct of believing in God. Force is not needed because the right way is clearly distinct from the crooked way. Even during the conquest of Mecca, the idol-worshippers were given a grace time of four months to study Islam, and thereafter either become Muslims by their own choice or leave the sacred city.[2]

Islam considers the research and questioning of matters pertaining to religion – whether it be in theusul (foundations and fundamentals) or furu (branches)– as being not only acceptable but in certain aspects necessary.[3] Any Muslim, with respect to their level of knowledge and understanding, can question and discuss all matters pertaining to this divine religion. So long as that individual has not gained reasonable certainty, the doubts which he or she holds will not harm their status as a Muslim or remove them from the folds of Islam. 

[1] See Ira M. Lapidus, A History of Islamic Societies (Cambridge: CUP, 1988) p. 243-244; M. Hodgson, The Venture of Islam, vol. 1, p. 199. For more details, see my "How Did Islam Spread? By Sword or By Conversion?"

[2] See Chapter 9 of the Qur\'ãn.

[3] If you refer to the beginning of the risalahs of marja’s, you will find that all marja’s say that it is necessary for all believers to have a reached a sufficient level of certainty regarding the fundamentals of their religion.

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, HayderM said:

Yes and Yes. Big Bang is hinted in at the Quran. The world started from somewhere we just say Allah caused the Big bang, you need a cause.

Evolution yes also, Islam does not deny it and believes it to go hand in hand with Islam.

Verse about the Big Bang: “Have those who disbelieved not considered that the heavens and the earth were a joined entity, then We separated them, and made from water every living thing? Then will they not believe?” (Quran 21:30)

Imo evolution isn't really accurate. The holy prophet pbuh stated that when he pbuh saw Adam (as) (in heavens,not sure) he (pbuh) stated that Adam as was very big, since there's also proof that humans used to be incredibly big a long time ago I don't really see how evolution goes with Islam since Allah swt created us at first as humans and not animals.