Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Hussein_Valerio

Muslims convert to Christianity

Rate this topic

Salam aleykum

On Youtube i often found videos where former Muslims talks how they leaved Islam and convert Christianity. Many of their reason was that some of them dreamed about Prophet Isa, had a difficult time with the family, politics, inspiration of the Bible etc. etc., but sometimes its unbelievable that most of them do not knowing much about their own former faith. For me as a former Catholic Christian can not understand those reasons, because a lot of them seems for me not really understandable and i dont want now insult any Christian, but the reason I became was that I found my question about Christianity to the Quran. Questions like about Trinity, seeing Jesus as a God, materialism in the Church and I compared those things with Islam and in the Quran i found more and more things who helped me, the Morals and explanations etc. What do you think about those former Muslims who fund their way to Christianity??

6 hours ago, notme said:

In most cases Muslims who leave Islam are either resistant to being restricted, or do not understand their religion. Sometimes they follow a sect that doesn't really adhere to the Quran and the guidance of the Prophet and Imams, and recognize that their sect is astray without recognizing that their sect isn't Islam.

Prime example would be Nabeel Qureshi. Converting from Ahmadiyya to Christianity isn't much of a conversion to begin with.

There is no doubt that it is a real thing, though. On the other hand, there are a few things to keep in mind:

1. Being an apostate (or claiming to be one) is a pretty lucrative business. Seriously. 

2. There are plenty more that come to Islam.

3. The brand of "Islam" perpetuated by radicals, which some people may have been born into, isn't really all that Islamic to begin with and would certainly give people a reason to leave the religion.

It's simple, they are just driven by this world, they see christianity as an easy religion, not so many rules, principles etc and if you ask them why you converted they would say we were stunned by the love of Jesus, so much love in this religion. And then they go get drunk at night. The truth is we as muslims, represent Jesus more than christians themselves and we love him more than they claim they do. 

Did not happen the same to Sabatina James? She was also raised by radical parents in Pakistan and escaped to Germany as i know and converted to Christianity. She was famous for her book about her life, but when i saw her videos on Youtube her arguments against Islam were pretty silly and sometimes really arrogant. She also admire the western lifestyle so basically she only search a easily way to practise a religion and even myself as European i know that the western mentality is not really holy.

Well, as a Christian, ( Christianity and its precepts are not an intellectual Problem for me) ,if I say the same things about Christians who convert to Islam ( they didn't really understand their faith, they didn't want to try, were weak in their original faith ,etc.) I feel I get shut down..... Because every conversion to Islam is " real" and every conversion the opposite way ...well, just couldn't be. Not, IMHO, very intellectually honest. I have people of different faiths in my own family ,some of whom have changed their religion,and it bothers me not one whit. They were not finding a way within their old faith system and found one more true to them.

Let's face it. People have choices in this world and some religions appeal more to some folks for plenty of good reasons. Why would anyone want someone to hold onto a faith they no longer believed in and add more hypocrisy to the world? 

As for the cheap shots at Christians : there are plenty , very many, that live their faith and do not act as you describe. 

But I somehow get it.

If the drunken drugged-out Muslims around here who try to pay off the police to look the other way when they get arrested for narcotics possession and disturbing the peace (because that is how they got away with all of their partying back home in their " Islamic States") were all I knew of Islam, I might feel the same as you regarding it.

2 hours ago, Hussein_Valerio said:

Salam aleykum

On Youtube i often found videos where former Muslims talks how they leaved Islam and convert Christianity. Many of their reason was that some of them dreamed about Prophet Isa, had a difficult time with the family, politics, inspiration of the Bible etc. etc., but sometimes its unbelievable that most of them do not knowing much about their own former faith. For me as a former Catholic Christian can not understand those reasons, because a lot of them seems for me not really understandable and i dont want now insult any Christian, but the reason I became was that I found my question about Christianity to the Quran. Questions like about Trinity, seeing Jesus as a God, materialism in the Church and I compared those things with Islam and in the Quran i found more and more things who helped me, the Morals and explanations etc. What do you think about those former Muslims who fund their way to Christianity??

Happens also to those people who convert to Islam from another religion. There are really Muslims who have very good reason to covert to Christianity.

23 minutes ago, LeftCoastMom said:

Let's face it. People have choices in this world and some religions appeal more to some folks for plenty of good reasons. Why would anyone want someone to hold onto a faith they no longer believed in and add more hypocrisy to the world? 

I believe the brother was referring to the deceitful tactics Christian missionaries use to convert people to Christianity i.e. "it feels better to be a Christian" or "Jesus loves you!" Also at least people converting from Christianity to Islam tend to have more knowledge of their faith before they convert, in fact because of Islam they tend to have a greater respect for Christianity! However, Muslims who convert to Christianity from my experience tend to become very arrogant, they also falsely believe that they have to let go of their own culture in order to adopt "Christian culture", although Christians have different cultures they tend to think Western culture is better etc. 

One girl, I knew even wanted to stop calling herself Pakistani and began to use disrespectful terms like "those heathens" and looking down upon anything that had to do with her culture, let alone her religious background.

21 minutes ago, LeftCoastMom said:

Well, as a Christian, ( Christianity and its precepts are not an intellectual Problem for me) ,if I say the same things about Christians who convert to Islam ( they didn't really understand their faith, they didn't want to try, were weak in their original faith ,etc.) I feel I get shut down..... Because every conversion to Islam is " real" and every conversion the opposite way ...well, just couldn't be. Not, IMHO, very intellectually honest. I have people of different faiths in my own family ,some of whom have changed their religion,and it bothers me not one whit. They were not finding a way within their old faith system and found one more true to them.

As for the cheap shots at Christians : there are plenty , very many, that live their faith and do not act as you describe. 

But I somehow get it.

If the drunken drugged-out Muslims around here who try to pay off the police to look the other way when they get arrested for narcotics possession and disturbing the peace (because that is how they got away with all of their partying back home in their " Islamic States") were all I knew of Islam, I might feel the same as you regarding it.

I think if you really want to choose a Religion than you should believe it in your heart and the same i did when i found my way to Islam, but thats not the reason that I have to "expose" my former faith and unfortunately i still respect it, because its still have the teachings of Prophet Isa (or how Christians view Son of God Jesus) and also from our other Prophets. I take more than 4 years my time to choose between Christianity and Islam. I also have to say that my grandparents are also Jehovah Witness so I learned a lot of Christianity from their and Catholic side. But atleast if you really choose a faith you should do believe it in your heart and have a good reason why you choosen it and not like, because its a easily Religion (Christianity is also like Islam and Judaism a strong Religion). I know myself not every human is perfect to practise his own Religion.

54 minutes ago, LeftCoastMom said:

They were not finding a way within their old faith system and found one more true to them.

Let's face it. People have choices in this world and some religions appeal more to some folks for plenty of good reasons.

I don't disagree with what you've said, but as a former Christian who converted to Islam (and never was a drunkard, sexually promiscuous, or lewd dresser, much to the amazement of many born Muslims) I can't concieve of Christianity answering the flaws of Islam but Islam did provide answers for me where Christianity fell short. To each his/her own. God guides who will be guided.

27 minutes ago, Hussein_Valerio said:

I think if you really want to choose a Religion than you should believe it in your heart and the same i did when i found my way to Islam, but thats not the reason that I have to "expose" my former faith and unfortunately i still respect it, because its still have the teachings of Prophet Isa (or how Christians view Son of God Jesus) and also from our other Prophets. I take more than 4 years my time to choose between Christianity and Islam. I also have to say that my grandparents are also Jehovah Witness so I learned a lot of Christianity from their and Catholic side. But atleast if you really choose a faith you should do believe it in your heart and have a good reason why you choosen it and not like, because its a easily Religion (Christianity is also like Islam and Judaism a strong Religion). I know myself not every human is perfect to practise his own Religion.

I'm glad you found Islam and hope you are happy always. I'm glad you took your time. But this is part of what I am talking about. You did know that no mainstream sect of Christianity accepts Jehovah's Witnesses as " orthodox" Christianity? Besides rejecting the Trinity,it also rejects hell and the concept of an immortal soul. So I'm wondering what you learned  about Christianity from your family. This is not an attack on you, but most mainstream Christians are aware of the heterodoxy of the JWs. ( Another fun fact is that " Jehovah" is likely not a name for God, but a mistake in language translation.)

38 minutes ago, Enlightened Follower said:

I believe the brother was referring to the deceitful tactics Christian missionaries use to convert people to Christianity i.e. "it feels better to be a Christian" or "Jesus loves you!" Also at least people converting from Christianity to Islam tend to have more knowledge of their faith before they convert, in fact because of Islam they tend to have a greater respect for Christianity! However, Muslims who convert to Christianity from my experience tend to become very arrogant, they also falsely believe that they have to let go of their own culture in order to adopt "Christian culture", although Christians have different cultures they tend to think Western culture is better etc. 

I haven't found it to be the case, in talking to people online, for instance, that converts to Islam had particularly good grasps of their former Christian Faith. As well, many converted for marriage, anyway, especially the guys, and didn't really give a fig  about Islam either..  so it was a moot point in many cases.  

If you convert out of Islam because you  think your culture is inferior, you are probably having problems bigger than your religion.imho.

3 minutes ago, LeftCoastMom said:

I haven't found it to be the case, in talking to people online, for instance, that converts to Islam had particularly good grasps of their former Christian Faith. As well, many converted for marriage, anyway, especially the guys, and didn't really give a fig  about Islam either..  so it was a moot point in many cases.  

If you convert out of Islam because you  think your culture is inferior, you are probably having problems bigger than your religion.imho.

Well, there may be some exceptions here and there but I was referring to overall as in the people you see in videos and on camera or the general situations.

36 minutes ago, Enlightened Follower said:

The examples of most who have done so publicly has shown this so far, whereas, it hasn't gone the other way with converted Muslims publishing books "disproving" Christianity.

You-Tube has some interesting characters. Bet there's a book or two out there as well. I'm sure there are people just stirring the pot, so to speak, as well as folks on both sides with legitimate gripes.

35:8        "What! is he whose evil deed is made fairseeming to him so much so that he considers it good? Now surely Allah makes err whom He pleases and guides aright whom He pleases, so let not your soul waste away in grief for them; surely Allah is Cognizant of what they do."

Its only the special mercy of Allah that sinners like myself cling onto faith, otherwise none of us are capable enough and should not be proud of our personal abilities.

18 minutes ago, notme said:

I don't disagree with what you've said, but as a former Christian who converted to Islam (and never was a drunkard, sexually promiscuous, or lewd dresser, much to the amazement of many born Muslims) I can't concieve of Christianity answering the flaws of Islam but Islam did provide answers for me where Christianity fell short. To each his/her own. God guides who will be guided.

I love your answer. I don't love that born Muslims were " amazed" at your good life.

8 minutes ago, Enlightened Follower said:

Well, there may be some exceptions here and there but I was referring to overall as in the people you see in videos and on camera or the general situations.

I guess I should go look at more of them, but I tend to ignore the " Exposing Islam!" scene. It's an old record played many times on many faiths.  So much of it is nonsense.

3 minutes ago, LeftCoastMom said:

I guess I should go look at more of them, but I tend to ignore the " Exposing Islam!" scene. It's an old record played many times on many faiths.  So much of it is nonsense.

I just dislike so many people making a profit out of it, if you have your own qualms fine but why make it such a publicized and active  money making culture.

@Enlightened Follower 

Just for your entertainment pleasure, I do remember one tussle online  I got into ages ago. Illustrates why I avoid them. 

A woman was talking about her " escape from Islam" to a "Christian womens "  online discussion group and I, to my chagrin, became ,once again, too curious for my own good.

It had to be the most " interesting " tale I have heard in a long time. This woman should win a Pulitzer for  fiction.

First, she fell in love with her Arab " prince". ( Nacherly!)

The she apparently had a whirlwind courtship and was married in a mosque without her family knowing or present (in America !)where no one spoke English at all. Not a soul. So no one could help her and tell her what she was agreeing to. Because when you marry a Muslim man you are " automatically converted to Islam".  Did you know that?

( At this point I asked where said mosque was where quicky clueless marriages and equally clueless auto-conversions were the order of the day and was greeted with crickets chirping)

She went on to say how she had lived high on the hog with this gentleman for fifteen years ( big cars, bigger houses, and had children with him )In America! Near her parents. 

They traveled widely. Always came back to America, though! 

Then magically one day hubby turns into a "monster".  All Muslim guys are just gonna snap one day, you know. 

I asked why...did he become over stressed or ill or mentally impaired? Did he hit her or abuse her otherwise? What was the matter with this fellow?

well, he " restricted her activities". ( Like going to Paris to shop for clothes.) It seemed to me what she was describing was a working spouse's attempt to rein in the habit of the other partner of going through the family's bank account like a hot knife through butter.But what do I know?

I'm a " victim-blamer."

So she decided she needed to " return to Jesus". And then he really started "persecuting" her ( told her she couldn't take the kids to church ). Quite honestly, if my spouse decided to go back to church because I wouldn't let him buy shoes by the Seine I'd be a little leery, too.

So she finally leaves her " dangerous" Muslim husband and moves back in with her Mom and Dad down the road from which she launches her anti-Islam polemic to all and sundry.

I asked her where the kids were and she said with her Muslim husband. I asked why, if she considered her husband truly dangerous ( in America!) why she left her vulnerable children  with him and didn't contact Child Protective Services ,or any other law enforcement, about the matter. 

At  that point I got a " Thank you for your participation "and was booted out of the conversation.

So ,after a couple of experiences like that, that's why I don't check into those kinds of things. I don't have gardening boots high enough for the manure.

Edited by LeftCoastMom

4 hours ago, LeftCoastMom said:

But I somehow get it.

I don't think you've ever met these people and talked to them.

This is a summary of their logic behind "converting":

1) Our country is backwards and these people are so advanced. Surely this is because we have chosen a false religion. (By the way, that one guy who founded that Catholic school in Iran had this exact reasoning behind his conversion; @Marbles knows his name go ask him about it).

2) We're here in this country. People in this country go to Church, so we should too. People in this country wear crucifixes around their neck, so we should too. (I have even seen some hard core FOBs who have probably never set foot in a church, wearing crucifixes).

In conclusion, generally speaking these people don't really become "convinced" of anything. They are just "going with the flow," but then they use some superficial illogical reasons to justify their decision. They have not done any studying, any reflection, nothing. They are just donkeys. If there are any exceptions to this, I ain't seen them.

Edited by baradar_jackson

True, I haven't spoken to many because there are not many around here yet. The three I have spoken to ( I don't know them well so I can't assess their stories ) ..one said she loved the fellowship and warmth of the church and had a " conversion experience".  One felt Islam was  "internally illogical" ( whatever that means and I didn't get a chance to ask him how he felt Christianity was more " logical"  )  and the last one had a Christian parent and probably  just wanted to be closer to her. 

The examples you gave are not conversions. You can't join ,say, the Catholic Church by just " going with the flow". I seriously doubt the people being complained about in this thread who are writing books and attacking Islam are just " going with the flow" either. They ain't being very " Christian"  ,though.

3 hours ago, LeftCoastMom said:

@Enlightened Follower 

Just for your entertainment pleasure, I do remember one tussle online  I got into ages ago. Illustrates why I avoid them. 

A woman was talking about her " escape from Islam" to a "Christian womens "  online discussion group and I, to my chagrin, became ,once again, too curious for my own good.

It had to be the most " interesting " tale I have heard in a long time. This woman should win a Pulitzer for  fiction.

First, she fell in love with her Arab " prince". ( Nacherly!)

The she apparently had a whirlwind courtship and was married in a mosque without her family knowing or present (in America !)where no one spoke English at all. Not a soul. So no one could help her and tell her what she was agreeing to. Because when you marry a Muslim man you are " automatically converted to Islam".  Did you know that?

( At this point I asked where said mosque was where quicky clueless marriages and equally clueless auto-conversions were the order of the day and was greeted with crickets chirping)

She went on to say how she had lived high on the hog with this gentleman for fifteen years ( big cars, bigger houses, and had children with him )In America! Near her parents. 

They traveled widely. Always came back to America, though! 

Then magically one day hubby turns into a "monster".  All Muslim guys are just gonna snap one day, you know. 

I asked why...did he become over stressed or ill or mentally impaired? Did he hit her or abuse her otherwise? What was the matter with this fellow?

well, he " restricted her activities". ( Like going to Paris to shop for clothes.) It seemed to me what she was describing was a working spouse's attempt to rein in the habit of the other partner of going through the family's bank account like a hot knife through butter.But what do I know?

I'm a " victim-blamer."

So she decided she needed to " return to Jesus". And then he really started "persecuting" her ( told her she couldn't take the kids to church ). Quite honestly, if my spouse decided to go back to church because I wouldn't let him buy shoes by the Seine I'd be a little leery, too.

So she finally leaves her " dangerous" Muslim husband and moves back in with her Mom and Dad down the road from which she launches her anti-Islam polemic to all and sundry.

I asked her where the kids were and she said with her Muslim husband. I asked why, if she considered her husband truly dangerous ( in America!) why she left her vulnerable children  with him and didn't contact Child Protective Services ,or any other law enforcement, about the matter. 

At  that point I got a " Thank you for your participation "and was booted out of the conversation.

So ,after a couple of experiences like that, that's why I don't check into those kinds of things. I don't have gardening boots high enough for the manure.

Wow, quite the story and interesting too although it does seem more like a cultural and language barrier than a religious one, I get the feeling she would've been 100x more happy had she married an English speaking Muslim as she could understand what she was be agreeing to :hahaha:. I guess it's good people like us can see past the misconceptions, otherwise people will use silly stories like this which was not in their control to justify their polemics against a particular religion.

Edited by Enlightened Follower

15 hours ago, Hussein_Valerio said:

Salam aleykum

ws2.png.e36b57efe77a59f0b93a61f377b2b0c6

bismillah.gif.aeeaa62e519d12ec0624faaebb

don't believe anything that come out of their mouths. Yes, they might be "ex Muslims" but the fact that they saw "Jesus" in their dreams and called them to Christianity is a BIG LIE. I know a Shia who converted to Christianity and she is a hard core Christian now, She had a boyfriend and ran away from her house as soon as she turned 18.  I sked her if she knew anything about Islam, she said no.

I had another  friend who had two cousins(2 brothers) converted to  Christianity, I asked him why they converted, they said " our dad divorced our mom, and did not care about us kids, and he was abusive to us and now we found love and caring in Christianity". I told them more power to them, whatever makes them  happy. I think this is one of the major signs of Qiyamat, Muslims leaving Islam but non Muslims come to Islam. I am not sure but I think there is a Hadith that mentions something like this.   I personally do not have any problems with Muslims converting to other religions because the Holy Quran states: there is no compulsion in religion.  Here is a quote from my Muslim friend: "I am a better Christian than you because you worship the son, I worship the father".

Edited by 12reasons4truth.

12 hours ago, Enlightened Follower said:

One girl, I knew even wanted to stop calling herself Pakistani and began to use disrespectful terms like "those heathens" and looking down upon anything that had to do with her culture, let alone her religious background.

BINGO! Exactly.

17 hours ago, yasahebalzaman.313 said:

It's simple, they are just driven by this world, they see christianity as an easy religion, not so many rules, principles etc and if you ask them why you converted they would say we were stunned by the love of Jesus, so much love in this religion. And then they go get drunk at night. The truth is we as muslims, represent Jesus more than christians themselves and we love him more than they claim they do. 

Lol that remember me some ex muslims iranians I met .

4 hours ago, 12reasons4truth. said:

I personally do not have any problems with Muslims converting to other religions because the Holy Quran states: there is no compulsion in religion.  Here is a quote from my Muslim friend: "I am a better Christian than you because you worship the son, I worship the father".

This doesn't necessarily nullify the apostasy issue, however, it is important to understand apostasy in those days was our equivalent of treason or armed insurrection against a state:

40 minutes ago, LeftCoastMom said:

I guess many of the Muslims around here are just more honest.

They stay Muslim and get drunk. 

They are still Muslim. Nobody said they're not Muslim. I've mentioned this a million times to you in the past. Drinking does not put one outside the realm of Islam; it simply makes one a sinner.

The phenomenon of drinking exists everywhere and amongst every people; however, it is a fact that this phenomenon is much weaker in Muslim nations than in others simply for the fact that it has been prohibited to them for over a thousand years. And it is less culturally accepted in all the countries in which it is banned as per the law of the land. This is very simple. If it is harder to obtain alcohol, and if the idea has been put into your head for generations and generations that alcohol is a poison, then there will be less alcohol consumption.

For all you know, maybe those bro douches are just letting off all the stress of the "oppression" of having, in the past, had to abstain from the consumption of alcohol.

^Lol. I know that, Baradar. It works the same way in Christianity should one decide to sin.  My tongue-in-cheek comment was to joke that you don't have to take the trouble to convert to Christianity to drink. You can stay Muslim and do it just fine. Just don't convert to Baptist. They frown on drinking, so you would be out of luck.

Edited by LeftCoastMom